PDA

View Full Version : 417 + 119 = Dangerous Results?

Kitsun
12-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Taken from the information on the official site:
This spell functions similarly to Elemental Dispel. Upon being cast at a target, the target will lose any prepared spell it may have. If the target has no prepared spell it will lose one currently running spell, with the mana cost dependent on the level of spell that is removed. ***Combining this magic with Elemental Dispel has been known to cause negative and potentially dangerous effects on the target.***

XXXX gestures at a muscular supplicant.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a muscular supplicant.
The hazy film around a muscular supplicant fluxes chaotically!
... 5 points of damage!
Pinpoint strike sears the muscular supplicant's chest.
The hazy film fades from a muscular supplicant.

Dangerous compared to what? A rolton bite?

For everyone's information. The target has to have spells in order for the two spells to react 'dangerously.' Dispelling a unspelled target doesn't do anything besides rip away their mana.

You know you have the spiritual part of the reaction down with...

You gesture at a muscular supplicant.
The light blue glow leaves a muscular supplicant.
A hazy film coats a muscular supplicant.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

From the elemental side, the reaction begins with...

XXXX gestures at a muscular supplicant.
The light blue glow leaves a muscular supplicant.
The elemental aura around a muscular supplicant wavers.

I guess I'll have to test more with higher level spells on creatures. Has anyone else played with these two yet and have some sample results?

Syberus
12-05-2003, 12:53 AM
It seems to have a lot to do with your age relative to the creature being dispelled. When I tested it in beta, I absolutely ripped apart anything or anyone in the landing I tested it on since everything was so much younger than I was. In the rift like level hunting.. it was pretty much useless.

Adhara
12-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Sounds like a future favorite among boulder tricks.

Syberus
12-05-2003, 01:01 AM
I haven't seen anyone on the boulder in a LONG time... Are they ever there still?

Adhara
12-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Er....... I wouldn't know for sure but it never occurred to me that the boulder crowd would disappear... Too many find pleasure in ripping each other apart for this form of entertainment to vanish completely I would say. :)

Syberus
12-05-2003, 01:06 AM
I haven't seen anyone aside from hobgoblin hunters there for a long time.. perhaps they moved again... they were the dinghy people originally weren't they?

Adhara
12-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Well I think the dinghy crowd grew up and now they take no pleasure in amiable challenges on the boulder. They prefer to sneak up on each other and kill each other in town. It's generation two that's on the boulder.

As for 119/417, I wonder if using this combination would be worth it mana wise. Sorcerers can use it by themselves but even if the damage was reasonable, is it worth all that mana? As a group, would you combine efforts to get this combination on the target rather than use other spells?

Of course I'm nevertheless interested in test results if only out of sheer curiosity.

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by Adhara]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Boulder fighters will be going away mostly, who wants death points?

Adhara
12-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Good point. Hadn't thought about that.

Syberus
12-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Well since dispell has variable mana costs, dispelling spells like 101 and 401 aren't nearly as expensive as the full 17 or 19 mana. Though i'm not positive 119 has a variable cost, I would imagine it does. The only time I can see this being useful is if something quite a bit younger than you has some insane amount of DS or TD and you can't hit it for some reason.

Anebriated
12-05-2003, 12:09 PM
I know that they can turn off DR points when people are in the gladiator arena or the warrior dueling pit. Maybe they will open the arena or something for the public to use for that purpose.

Dighn Darkbeam
12-05-2003, 02:18 PM
This ability works better on players than creatures, or so I have heard.