PDA

View Full Version : a shimmering coraesine longsword

Summertime
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Item #1

An older weapon. It's the 'impure' style, so it doesn't permanently bond with a user (thankfully). It WILL attune, which seems to help in eliminating its lashing out.

A combined bonus of 50 in influence & discipline removes the danger before attunement even takes effect. I suggest Elves use it with caution.

It's 3 enchants, has the double strikes and air flares.

was a bit surprised that it only weighs 5lbs, as I thought coraesine was a bit heavy

mb: 40M...

(interesting trade offers wont be ignored, but I'm primarily interested in silvers at this point.)

------------------------------------------------
Item #2

a bright sapphire-hilted longsword

4 enchants, switchable fire & ice flares

mb: 6M...

Thanks for the interest

Post here, leave me a PM, or you can IM me at SmittyDMonster...

Drew
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I'll bid if you lower the MB, after asking around this is apparently a pretty high valuation.

ThatDamnTep
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I sold the 5x greatsword for 25 million, and even that was probably a little high IMO.

For a 3x impure coraesine longsword I'd probably wager that 15-18 is a better place to start.

TheEschaton
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Someone actually quoted her 40m in an appraisals thread, and she claimed to have no idea how much it would be worth. And she decided to go with 40m.

-TheE-

Drew
10-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah to be fair I said around 40 so she was just going by what I said, but I just realized I thought it was was 5x, not 3x. I need to work on my reading comprehension skills.

Sthrockmorton
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I've got first dibbs on it Drew... No questions asked

ELO
10-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I sold the 5x greatsword for 25 million, and even that was probably a little high IMO.

For a 3x impure coraesine longsword I'd probably wager that 15-18 is a better place to start.

And I've swung it all of once. Death critted myself wearing full plate. <3

ThatDamnTep
10-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Heh.

My elf warrior that was 2x MO used it. I used to love that it would let me keep swinging after a backlash killed him at just the -50 penalty for being prone.

I had always been curious as to whether a backlash could trigger your own flaring armor against yourself. I asked a few times and the response I received was "I don't see anything that would prevent it", but could never line up the rolls. Maybe if you use it some more with flaring armor you'll see.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I sold the 6x shortsword for 25m back in the day, if that offers any perspective.

Sthrockmorton
10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Any idea who owns the 6x short sword now? I want one of these blades....