PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help out with skills?

Uryens
10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Since I now have a fixskills for my empath... any chance anyone could let me know if there is anything wrong with my skill placements, this is my first empath so I had no earthly clue as to what the hell I was doing. I would like to hunt and heal so let me know what ya think.

Lenath (at level 28), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 126 33
Arcane Symbols.....................| 90 20
Magic Item Use.....................| 90 20
Spell Aiming.......................| 96 22
Harness Power......................| 161 61
Spirit Mana Control................| 120 30
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 62 13
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 120 30
Perception.........................| 40 8
Climbing...........................| 40 8
First Aid..........................| 146 46

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 19

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 28

CS is currently at: 150

mgoddess
10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
All that you need to know about empath's is here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=7407

Sean of the Thread
10-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Can't go wrong with nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills and computer hacking skills.

That is unless of course you're good at drawing warriors and animals. Perhaps a liger.

Davenshire
10-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Trainign looks great!

Only thingk you could possibly do is drop FA down to 1x and stop PT at 20-24 ranks wherver yer HP's max out. that doesnt free up a lot of TP's for more spells/lore though so oyu migh twant to stick with what you have.

iJin
10-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Everything looks good. Mhmm.

Sean of the Thread
10-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Everything looks good. Mhmm.

French fried potaters are good.. Mmmhmmm.

Flurbins
10-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Get rid of all your manipulation, instakills are for pansies who don't know how to train a character.
Make 20 of your SMC into MMC, and don't train SMC anymore.
2x or 0x spell aim.
bring spirit lore summoning up to 20 ranks and leave it alone.
Drop physical fitness to 24 ranks and leave it alone.

Jolena
10-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Get rid of all your manipulation, instakills are for pansies who don't know how to train a character.
bring spirit lore summoning up to 20 ranks and leave it alone.

BZZZT. Wrong.

Flurbins
10-20-2007, 12:58 AM
BZZZT. Wrong.

I'm certain you can provide some information as to why that's wrong for a 30ish level empath, aside from ZOMG TEH GM SAID IT HELPS, I MUST TRAIN IN IT! like most empath players for their logic.

I don't know why I still try to help, when so many people are so quick to offer such bad advice.

Manipulation: You don't need it now, you never needed it before. It's an artifact of people who never took the time to learn how their spells worked giving their opinions on what helped. All it's going to do for you is give you some dumb instakill chance, which you honestly don't need, and won't miss.

20 SL:S ranks. Make web a bolt, and then worry about getting your CS as high as you can, you're still low enough level you have mana problems and you don't need a 33% chance to have a 4th crit on a spell you'll rarely cast in combat at this point in time.

2x or 0x spell aim. All or nothing, it can be done.

Drop physical fitness to 24 ranks and leave it alone. 1125 negates the need to train in this any higher than max blood.

Spirit mana control: Are you raising? If not, then 10 or 0 ranks will be fine.

MMC: Believe it or not, it actually noticeably helps with 1106 now.

Silvanostar
10-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Hmm I'm not all too happy with the way 1106 and 1115 have turned out. The only times 1115 seems to do good damage is on endrolls over 200, if not the damage is not worth the 15 mana when i can just shatter.

What I'm really disappointed in is how much they took away crits from shatter so that it takes me about double the number of usual casts.

this is what my empath's training looks like.

(at level 47), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Shield Use.........................| 143 43
Brawling...........................| 114 28
Physical Fitness...................| 147 47
Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25
Magic Item Use.....................| 105 25
Spell Aiming.......................| 196 96
Harness Power......................| 147 47
Mental Mana Control................| 147 47
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 90 20
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 147 47
Perception.........................| 120 30
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 50 10
First Aid..........................| 196 96

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 54

Donquix
10-20-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm certain you can provide some information as to why that's wrong for a 30ish level empath, aside from ZOMG TEH GM SAID IT HELPS, I MUST TRAIN IN IT! like most empath players for their logic.

I don't know why I still try to help, when so many people are so quick to offer such bad advice.

Manipulation: You don't need it now, you never needed it before. It's an artifact of people who never took the time to learn how their spells worked giving their opinions on what helped. All it's going to do for you is give you some dumb instakill chance, which you honestly don't need, and won't miss.

20 SL:S ranks. Make web a bolt, and then worry about getting your CS as high as you can, you're still low enough level you have mana problems and you don't need a 33% chance to have a 4th crit on a spell you'll rarely cast in combat at this point in time.

2x or 0x spell aim. All or nothing, it can be done.

Drop physical fitness to 24 ranks and leave it alone. 1125 negates the need to train in this any higher than max blood.

Spirit mana control: Are you raising? If not, then 10 or 0 ranks will be fine.

MMC: Believe it or not, it actually noticeably helps with 1106 now.

Physical training is factored into most maneuver attacks.