PDA

View Full Version : Unloading unmade designs.

DCSL
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
In preparation for giving my current laptop to someone else, I've been going through all my folders and making back-ups of things I wanna keep. It got nostalgic when I hit my old GS folder. What was I looking at? Not logs, not stories, but alteration designs, heh.

Anyway, this is stuff I'll never get made, of course, so if anyone wants to use it, either directly or for inspiration, I thought I'd share. It's all from many many different characters, not just Lysistrata, so you'll see things she might never have worn.

It's arranged in jewelry-gowns-other clothes, and it's pretty much only for women or those who want to dress like them. I didn't design many armor or weapon items ahead of time, only if I had in my possession a particular piece I wanted altered. This isn't all I still had but it's the best of it? I guess.

a halo of seven,framing faenor,hairsticks
Each smoothly burnished faenor hairstick is unusually long, tapering from a squared top to a sharp-pointed tip. Fine black silk mesh webbing connects them in a fan shape designed to frame the wearer's head in a halo verdant-streaked ebony.

an array of,ebon pearl,hairbeads
Each perfectly matched black pearl gleams with a faint green luster, strung on a nearly invisible network of fine silk threads.

a silk-strung flashing teardrop crystal prism ferroniere

a pave diamond,starburst,barrette
A smooth platinum backing serves as the setting for the array of brilliant diamonds, forming the many-rayed starburst shape in a flash of faceted jewels.

a many-rayed,blackened ora,choker
A thin band composed of glistening, rectangular blackened ora tiles forms the base of the choker. Descending from each of the tiles is an inky black tentacle-like ray, designed to sinuate a handspan downwards over the wearer's chest and shoulders. One ray in the back is much longer than the others, slithering down the spine for a couple of feet. At every curve of each ray is a translucent glaes joint that allows for life-like movement.

a choker of sharp inverted eahnor triangles

a hammered pale,silver cresent,choker
A primitive example of jewelry making, it is nonetheless elegant in its simplicity, just a gleaming piece of silver hammered into a cresent shape. It fits around the base of the neck smoothly, donned through the space in the back between the sharp cresent points.

a pair of cascading diamond chandelier earrings

a grey agate,hunting hound,charm
The hound has been carved in a position of speed, all four legs forever stretched in a ground-eating stride. Its narrow head thrusts forward, low and intent, with bright, gold leaf eyes focused on some distant point. The mottling of pale grey hues marking the stone gives the hound a brindled appearance.

a collection of chiming thin silver bangle anklets

a strikingly vibrant sunset-red satin cotehardie with half-buttoned trailing sleeves

a shimmering blue-veined argent marbinus cotehardie with long tapered sleeves

a rich ebony tulle-over-cobalt satin gown with a gathered empire waistline

a long midnight blue satin slip dress with a pointed hem

a high-waisted ivory brocade gown with a single trailing off-shoulder sleeve

a scooped neck black velvet dress pinned at the shoulders with pave diamond starbursts

a long fine smoky grey linen cotehardie with billowy divided skirts

a rich jewel-tone green faille cotehardie layered in black rose-patterned lace

a trailing dark-veined merlot marbrinus gown bound at the elbows over floor-length sleeves

a trailing strapless silk taffeta gown of subtly blended deep green and ebony

a vibrant dark merlot chiffon gown with black velvet roses pinning a pleated train

a segmented black glaes bodice tinted with deep red from its silk lining

a fine-scaled dark basilisk skin corset trailing iridescent black tailfeathers

a back-buckled,pale tiger skin,corset
Even without its fur, the skin of the tiger is still recognizable for the pale brown stripes slashing across a background of cream. Put together seamlessly, the corset presents a distinct v-shaped silhouette aided by internal boning in holding the form. Polished oval bronze buckles fasten down the spine of the corset from neckline to hem.

a back-buckled,sable velvet,corset
The exceedingly soft black velvet corset is simply designed with a straight, strapless neckline and a faintly pointed hem. Internal boning is hidden by thin strips of black and white sea snake skin, covering every vertical seam with the perfectly matched skins. Alternating black and white vaalin buckles continue the theme, fastening the corset adjustably down the spine.

a billowy suede-yoked divided riding skirt of grey cotton

a fine albino,alligator skin,valise
The creamy pallor of the alligator hide is contrasted by corner guards of pearlescent black vaalin with a matching clasp at the top of the case. Plush sanguine velvet lines the interior with many pockets of varying sizes along the inside walls.

Elvenlady
10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Totally calling dibs on this one ...

a trailing dark-veined merlot marbrinus gown bound at the elbows over floor-length sleeves

Celephais
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Girls are weird... not a single axe.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/CalvinDivorce.gif

Aaysia
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
This is some neat stuff. While nothing strikes me as similar to any of my girls' styles, I'm sure I'll be inspired in some way in future designs I make myself. Generous of you to share!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Definitely will use some of this for inspiration, and beautiful ideas as always Dex.

<3

Hips
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
While I love all your designs (as always), the ivory brocade gown is particularly stunning in its simplicity.

Gan
10-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Girls are weird... not a single axe.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/CalvinDivorce.gif

Props for the C&H strip. Absolutely the best of the best.

DCSL
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
You guys are welcome. This is stuff is really the only thing I miss about GS. If there were a way to keep designing alters for GS without having to play, I'd do it.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-19-2007, 06:04 PM
You guys are welcome. This is stuff is really the only thing I miss about GS. If there were a way to keep designing alters for GS without having to play, I'd do it.

I will send you croissants and pastry goods if you design me alters <3

DCSL
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Ha ha, you have a deal! And that Calvin and Hobbes comic has got to be on my top five favorites. My absolute favorites are the one about perspective and black and white. "The problem is that you only see things in black and white..." "Sometimes that's just the way things are!"

TheEschaton
10-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Calvin & Hobbes strips are best when they're having philosophical arguments while racing breakneck down the hill on a sled or wagon.

I read in one of Waterson's books that he liked the juxtoposition of the serious debate amidst the background of pure chaos.

DCSL
08-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I wasn't successful in my attempt at getting back into GS. Too little to do. Here're the last of my unmade designs that I'd made for my return characters. There're more, I guess, but I like these best.

a set of thin,quartz spear,hairsticks
Shaped like thin, faceted spears, each piece of quartz contains a cloudy galaxy of smoke-hued tones floating within a clear, transparent solid. Darker needles angle through the crystal like schools of fish, and tiny black inclusions add visual weight to the base.

a heart-shaped,stygian suede,corset
Soft ebony suede conceals rigid boning, providing the corset with firm structure. The double arched neckline of the corset resembles the top of a heart, the image furthered by paneling and darts that come down to a point at the hem.

a fine white cotton shirt with over-the-hand lace cuffs

a halo of long,driftwood,hairsticks
It must have taken someone a long time to assemble this collection of driftwood twigs, all near-matching in length without being cut to make them so. The sea has worn the wood smooth and bleached much of the color away although different tints still indicate the variety of trees that donated to the collection.

a chain-strung,uncarved coral,pendant
About two inches long, the sprig of coral has been left just as it was when it first came out of the ocean, a tiny bit of sealife brought into the open air. The unadulterated scarlet hue is complemented by a thread-thin white-gold chain just long enough to allow the fingers of coral to crawl over the wearer's collarbones.

a blue and white marbrinus longcoat marbled like the foamy surface of the sea

a strap-bound,black leather,corselet
The smooth dark leather is cut along clean, simple lines and might be plain if not for the numerous rectangular buckles serving to fetter the straps that adjustably bind the armor close. Two straps cross each shoulder with another four across the midriff, while a matching line of smaller buckles running down the length of each sleeve on the outside. Tufts of mixed fur and feathers line the edges of the high neck, hemline, and cuffs, giving a glimpse of the grifflet pelt lining.

Winter's Kiss
08-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Man.. I totally need to get you to redesign Luna's armor for me.. :D :love:

StrayRogue
08-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Just attend the events Dex. Thats all I ever plan on doing.

Celephais
08-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Explaining 90% of the gemstone male population's wardrobe:
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/GuinnessKMF2/Fashion.png