PDA

View Full Version : Training Points

Wezas
12-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Why the hell do I keep earning physical training points?

POINTS LEFT
Physical 122
Mental 1

CONVERTED POINTS
Phy to Mnt 742
Mnt to Phy 0
Always convert

Adhara
12-04-2003, 09:53 PM
In a recent post Melissa tried to explain it. Very vaguely. I understood, very vaguely as well. I understand why your cost is inaccurate if you train in between levels, I understand why you get some points back when you level up but I still fail to understand why it converts ALL my mental points to physical and Melissa's explanation has not helped.

Wezas, we are not alone. In fact, I don't know a single person that could explain in detail how the conversion part of it works. It bothers me that I don't understand it and it frustrates me that this information is not available anywhere. I would like detailed examples with numbers but no one has provided me with that yet.

I realize that this post is not very helpful. I just wanted to say you're not alone.

If anyone out there can post examples, please do.

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by Adhara]

Trinitis
12-04-2003, 11:04 PM
Ok, I'll give this a try..

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but this is what I've been told.

When you train, depending on your class, you normally end up converting points for skills. If your a physical class, you covert mental to Physical. If your a magical class, physical to mental.

Now, what I understand, is that when you train, the game atempts to try to reballance that out, by converting any current points, back to what you used before. ( ie, you converted 4 phyiscal points to 2 mental points for a spell. As you hunt, you gain both PTP's, and MTP's. When you level up, the system sees you've used 4 physical to make two mental and reverses the conversion, taking two of your mental, and giving you 4 physical back.).

How this is suposed to ballance the game more..I have no idea. Basicly, you don't loose any points. It don't really seem to make that much of a difference, but I guess they felt the need to do this.

-Adredrin

Kitsun
12-04-2003, 11:14 PM
It is the game's attempt to keep your training points optimized.

The example she used was similiar to this...(Assuming old system)Say your a wizard and want to triple in spells this level. You don't have enough mental training points, so you convert physicals over to compensate. NEXT level, you decide you want armor, edge, dodge, blunts, CM's and now your down physical points. What you'll do now is convert mental to physical points. In this scenario under the old system, you have lost points because you didn't plan ahead and consider the loss of points in both trainings.

Now in the new system, when you gain a level, it will automatically convert your converted training points back to base as if you hadn't converted as many points. Meaning you won't lose training points if you convert to both ends of the spectrum.

People who had developed stable training plans probably get little out of this. However more casual players that trained on whim probably have a lot more points to work with since the system optimizes the point usage.