Remaining Training Points: 33 Phy 0 Mnt

Check back out:

>experience
Level: 100 Deeds: 6
Experience: 7795010 Deaths this level: 2
Exp. until next: 0 Death Recovery: 0
Mental TPs: 0 Fame: 52350803
Physical TPs: 33 Mana: 425/421 max

Would someone please explain to me why it does this? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this really sticking it to those that train in magical skills? If I wanted to learn another spell (0/32) I could do it with 22/22 TPs...22 mental and then convert the physical over for the rest, which I could do every 55,000 experience. Since the above showed me having 21/21 points, I could get another spell rank in another 2500 experience.

But when it converts EVERYTING to physical TPs it's a real screw job and will take several times as much experience.

I'd really like to know what the point of this crap is supposed to be, cause people who train in magic skills get a serious bending over. Does it take a square's points and convert them all to mental when they check in too? Probably not.

Overlord
12-04-2003, 12:13 AM
You think Dimmu likes his physical TPs turned into mental TPs?

ThisOtherKingdom
12-04-2003, 12:19 AM
As a square, it does convert my physical to mental. It switches them back once I hit the next level, though. Being that you're 100, I'm not sure how that'd work...

Lord Whirlin
12-04-2003, 12:21 AM
There was an error that existed earlier that I bugged. I had tons of PTPs converted into MTPs. When I had 2 MTPs for training, I wanted to get 1 rank in First aid (2/1). However, I was unable to allocate the points purely into first aid, I had to first take points out of another skill to convert the MTPs and PTPs back. I assume there are still bugs to be worked out, and thats why you lost the TPs

crazymage
12-04-2003, 12:21 AM
I was told its pointless messaging it just trys to balance you out but you dont lose any points.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2003, 01:11 AM
Normally it is pointless messaging, but you seem to have actually LOST tp's, which is something you ought to assist about post-haste. Unless you spent them on something.

DaMaGe
12-04-2003, 07:25 AM
From Melissa, on the official boards.

I notice in game that there is still some confusion about TPs gained after leveling. You gain TPs when you hit your level due to the optimization process. The process does two things:

First, it determines if skills were efficiently purchased from level to level. (If you got two ranks of a skill a level 1 and, 0 ranks of that skill at level 2, that would be inefficient, as the cost would be cheaper if you purchased one rank a both level 1 and 2.) If it finds inefficiencies in training in skills such as those, it retrains your character more appropriately, and gives you back the TPs.

Second, it determines if TP conversions were handled efficiently. (For example, you have a bunch of extra Mental TPs, and decide to convert them to Physical TPs, and buy a Physical skill. Then a couple days later, you realize you want a new spell, and end up converting a couple Physical TPs to get it. This is inefficient.) If the optimizer finds situations where TPs were converted (and spent) inefficiently, it untangles that mess for you and gives you back those UNCONVERTED TPs. (By the way ... this is the PRIMARY reason that people tend to get HUGE blocks of one type of TP at level over the other type of TP.)

I'm not sure how it works at the cap, though.

-Adam

StrayRogue
12-04-2003, 08:05 AM
You don't lose any points Meth.

Methais
12-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Where'd they go then? 21/21 turning into 33/0 still seems like a ripoff if you ask me.

Adhara
12-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Mine are converted all the time but although it bugs the hell out of me, so far I haven't lost any. I ALWAYS double check the conversion.

You, however, did lose points. That is definitely a problem. Assist if you haven't already.

StrayRogue
12-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Basically you've paid a cheaper cost for your skills the first XXX lvls. So when you were 2xing Spells at say lvl 10, it only charged you the cost to 1x them, but twice. It didn't double the skill cost. Its doing it now. It may seem confusing, but you are losing no skill points overall.

Dighn Darkbeam
12-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Its an annoying system even when working correctly.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Basically you've paid a cheaper cost for your skills the first XXX lvls. So when you were 2xing Spells at say lvl 10, it only charged you the cost to 1x them, but twice. It didn't double the skill cost. Its doing it now. It may seem confusing, but you are losing no skill points overall.

But he didn't train in anything. If you don't train in anything, you can't LOSE TP's. You can gain TP's when you level, but you're not supposed to be able to lose TP's without training in something. And I'm pretty sure your example only makes sense while reallocating, which he also didn't do.