PDA

View Full Version : Help me out

12-03-2003, 10:20 PM
So I want to come up with a new post raise line... or adjust the current one...

You say, "Welcome back, don't die again, replace your deed, and I accept tips."
>You say, "Your life has been restored by the hand of The Edine. You have my permission to boast about it to your friends and family."

current line... If you all could help me come up with something.... The Edine like that is a bit diffrent or totaly diffrent i would love you all

Zeyrin
12-03-2003, 10:26 PM
How about....

You have been raised by the hand of the Edine

In another tounge it means no more than bovine

I'm full of bullshit

'Cause I lack the wit

If only I were devine!!!

Just kidding...how about this....

Your soul has been saved by the Edine

By forefeit your life is now mine

Take a walk to the bank and in fact

With enough silvers you can have our life back.

Thank you...thank you...I'll be here all week...Try the fish!!

Betheny
12-03-2003, 10:27 PM
You could just say, "You're mine now, bitch."

My character whispers a little prayer to them and does a MYCHAR offering the target's soul to Mularos. :D But the target never knows...

Hips
12-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
My character whispers a little prayer to them and does a MYCHAR offering the target's soul to Mularos. :D But the target never knows...

...if I ever have an evil cleric, can I take evil cleric lessons from you?

12-03-2003, 10:31 PM
im being serious maimara any suggestion that are possible?

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by The Edine]

Zeyrin
12-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Well Edine, what are you shooting for?

12-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Im not much of the rhyme type but you have the idea zeyren

Xcalibur
12-03-2003, 10:33 PM
THE hand of Edine just reach your soul in heaven (or wherever you want) and brought it back to your corpse. THE hand is still open to reward

Something like that, to enhance the ego of THE

12-03-2003, 10:34 PM
its hard to say... something cocky arrogant and self-praising

Zeyrin
12-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Ahhh, ok. Hmmm...how about this:

By the Edine's grace I've saved your soul. Now go to the bank and pass the collection plate.

or

By the Grace of the Edine you are alive. Now you owe me a rather nice tip. Oh, brag to your friends that you were raised by the hand of the Edine and be the envy of your friends.

Latrinsorm
12-03-2003, 10:36 PM
How about:

"Although your life is meaningless next to that of The Edine's, I have sacrificed my [ludicrously precious] time to return your pitiable [and tortured] life to you. I expect to be compensated [heavily]."

The [] parts are optional, and this better post right, I don't know the first thing about this formatting business.

You could also do, maybe subtly:

"If you don't want to hear my pre-raise speech again, you'll tip me heavily." and then rub your mace or something. Is The Edine that hostile? I've never really met the guy.

12-03-2003, 10:38 PM
ohh I like that Latrinsorm... anyone able to elaborate on his a little?

12-03-2003, 10:39 PM
I am often found thumbing my sword...

You reach out and touch a heavy mithril executioner's sword....

but i cant say that or I would end up having to remember who I raise....

HarmNone
12-03-2003, 10:39 PM
How about:

Quit whining and get your ass up, doofus. The Edine has wasted enough time on your lowly carcass.

Payment will be accepted in increments of 10,000 coins.

HarmNone, with tongue firmly in cheek :D

Zeyrin
12-03-2003, 10:41 PM
That's a pretty good one. I don't think you could get much better.

12-03-2003, 10:43 PM
come on harmnone why dont you put that mind of yours to work and come up with a serious one

Stunseed
12-03-2003, 10:46 PM
My Zelian Cleric does many insane and perplexing rhymes, promoting Chaos and pure insanity.

"Ashes to ashes
Dusts to dusts
This is quite funny
If you like guts..."

"Zelia the Chaotic
has given me power
to sacrifice myself
and raise you this hour.."

"She is an insane one
But forget what I said
Do the exact opposite
Arise!....No wait! Drop dead!"

And many more examples, including even a themed chant to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies. Let the imagination fly!

Love you Jolena!

HarmNone
12-03-2003, 10:46 PM
What the hell, T-H E. Just change "ass" to "arse" and it will fly. :lol:

HarmNone could increase the coinage...

12-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Edine worships himself and raises under his own power :or he thinks he does: so it cant be arkati related

Xcalibur
12-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Edit mine as you wish, I really think it's very egocentric, as it's YOUR hand take his soul back and it's YOUR hand (faith, heart, desire) that brought it back into his corpse.

I used all my psychological knowledge to get that:lol:

[Edited on 4-12-03 by Xcalibur]

Latrinsorm
12-03-2003, 10:57 PM
I had another idea, but then I had to work on econ, so it's a bit late, but here it is:

Make up some sort of religious text devoted to (what else) the worship of The Edine. Make it sound kinda like the Bible, you can even do King James thou/thee crap if you really want to, and quote spurious books and verses. Lots of recite-ing.

Example:
You say, "And so it is written in the book of Kofkinnask:
(you can make a better name, and I don't really know what recitation looks like :D)
You recite:
"And the sky doth turn to darkness,
And much lamenting ariseth,
But hark, a wondrous light doth appear!
It is the Edine. Now must we bask in his light,
To ensureth our salvation."

And who knows, maybe you could finally get someone to worship the Edine.:tumble:

12-03-2003, 11:11 PM
you... I like you...
hmm that sounds good...
that would be a pre raise... and then the other part the post raise

Kurili
12-03-2003, 11:26 PM
I like both Latrinsorm and HN's ideas, both suit him, but I really really like Latrinsorm's.

I had a Zelian who listened to a fruitcake talisman to get the approval from The Holy Fruitcake....but since The isnt a Priest of the Order of the Holy Fruitcake of Zelia, I dont think that would work.

Play with Latrinsorm's ideas.

Acolyte Kurili

12-03-2003, 11:33 PM
I like it so far.. any other suggestions anybody?

Zeyrin
12-04-2003, 03:04 AM
how about...

It disgusts me to raise a peasant like you. However The Edine has salvaged your worthless carcus for a substantial fee. With the wave of my hand and the grace that is me, you are now the envy of all the lands. Now pay me your debt of graditude.

Caiylania
12-04-2003, 06:07 AM
Hehe, they are all great. Good reading to. Though I can't help but wonder what my warrior would retort with :P ;)

12-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Anyone else able to come up with something else?
good ideas so far... I might be able to not repeat the same thing over again and again if anyone can come up with more

HarmNone
12-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Awright, corpse. Your blood is staining my boots. Have you the wealth to buy your life back? Eh?

Rise by the hand of The Edine, you miserable waste of flesh, and grace my hand with your pittance! Should it not be enough, we can return you to your previous state without delay.

Latrinsorm
12-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Anything with "pittance" is good.

12-04-2003, 10:15 PM
sad thing about the player base is 90% of the people will have no idea what it means

Wezas
12-04-2003, 10:21 PM
You have been raised by The Edine, consider yourself privledged; No need for tip, I've already stolen more then enough from your dead corpse; Run along and be merry, commoner.

Latrinsorm
12-05-2003, 01:33 AM
Yeah, and then make a big show of rummaging through your pockets and flashing gems around. A good line:

"Where'd this [gem name] come from?"

<glance at the corpse>

"Oh right."

<snicker/chuckle>

Czeska
12-05-2003, 12:45 PM
I think I'd like something like "Pay me that I may be off to kill Qahaar yet again"
or is that too personal ;)

Please feel free to run the finals by me and watch Czeska for the nausea factor. Although watching my cleric's reactions may be more amusing...

Adhara
12-05-2003, 02:20 PM
You have been raised by the grace of The Edine;
Bask in this honor, make His radiance your shrine
And if your fate from here on is inconsequential,
Let it be known that donations are not optional.

Czeska
12-05-2003, 02:32 PM
If you'd like to be more subtle (I know, what am I thinking) you could utilize the new coin pouches from the gift boxes...

Edine glances at you.
Edine rubs his elegant blah blah coin pouch.
Edine idly picks at a heavy mithril executioner's sword.
Edine taps his foot impatiently.

12-05-2003, 09:44 PM
heh me and subtle hon... they dont work well....you know that

Xcalibur
12-05-2003, 09:47 PM
THE is trying to get a perfection that doesn't exist.

THE will have to take something good and make it perfect to his eyes.

Otherwise THE will be searching and will never find.

Zeyrin
12-06-2003, 02:57 AM
This sounds like you...

I feel soiled due to your filthy exsistance in my presence. Since you have been raised by the grace known as The Edine, I allow you two choices.....

The first is you tip me the offering that is worthy of a god since I'm as close to one as you will ever see

The second, get down on your hands and knees so you can lick the filth off my boots you worthless commoner.