PDA

View Full Version : Voln Fu

AestheticDeath
10-09-2007, 11:25 PM
What exactly determines the RT for using the different Voln Fu symbols?

I am getting 11 seconds of RT for the lvl 7 voln throw symbol.

Is this normal? Does the failure affect the RT incurred?

And haste is not affecting it at all. Last time I tried Voln Fu, haste worked just fine with it.

I am not encumbered, and I am wearing full leathers with 4 ranks in armor.

Also, anyone know the difference in holding a bow or shield in your left hand while Fuing? Or is it the same penalty for holding anything in your left hand?

AestheticDeath
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Actually I think my MB being lower than the targets is the problem.

Not sure what that would even work that way.

Anyone know the base RT on the voln throw, punch, and kick? And if they are different from Version 1 and Version 2?

And why isn't haste working?

Izzy
10-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Actually I think my MB being lower than the targets is the problem.

Not sure what that would even work that way.

Anyone know the base RT on the voln throw, punch, and kick? And if they are different from Version 1 and Version 2?

And why isn't haste working?

My base rt for punch has always been 3 seconds, 1 with haste (although the reduced rt shows at the top of the punch, not underneath like normal reduced rt) and 4 seconds with kick/throw, 2 hasted.

AestheticDeath
10-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Ah gotcha, haste was showing at the top, not sure how I missed it, though I wasn't looking for it there.

Belnia
10-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Voln Fu is a VERY old system and doesn't play well with newer stuff, like percentage RT reduction on haste.

Trouble
10-09-2007, 11:51 PM
RT is based on your MB vs their MB. You can kill yourself, or used to be able to, if you got a bad roll vs an opponent with a much higher MB than yourself.

AestheticDeath
10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
killin yourself is only on Kick I believe, roundhouse with your head in the floor.. or something like that

Silvanostar
10-10-2007, 04:17 AM
you can kill yourself if you try to throw someone with no brawling skills too

AestheticDeath
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Has yet to happen to me, can you show a log?

Anebriated
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
lol its true. Something like if you have no skill and are in defensive(i think) and try to attack someone with lots of training in brawling you pwn yourself. If anyone is in vaalor with no brawling training we can test with my warrior(82 ranks)