PDA

View Full Version : Berserk Character.

Cademus
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I was thinking about a character concept. Something along the lines of a crazed killer, a whirlwind of death that only knows how to kill and kill quickly and with abandon.

Requirements:

- Little to no armor.

- Maximum output of damage/crit

-No magic...but with one exception.

- Use of berserk skill with some magic thrown in to simulate "skill" and "bloodlust". I can get a self-use haste amulet for instance to simulate my character attacking at super-human or blood frenzied speeds.

-Proper use of CMANs and possibly lots of mstriking.

- Some heavy duty Exceptionally weighted weapons to go along with the whole outfit. Maybe some fishspine swords or something similar.

Stunseed
10-08-2007, 10:16 PM
You're begging to get fucked up. Begging.

That being said, I have a TWC morning-star user in Plat that mstrikes pretty sexily.

Cademus
10-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Thats actually the idea... the concept behind it is to reach close to the point of death,bleeding from every orifice and havng every limb broken or some missing... and then surviving barely at the final end of the hunt or battle. It would be slow to level and I'll burn through a lot of deeds... but I want to straddle that border and get the old adrenaline pumping.

Warriorbird
10-08-2007, 10:24 PM
It's quite doable. Gear will help. 3xing dodge, 3xing shield, parry mastery, shield mastery and so on. I'd reccomend blunt over edged. A morning star is suitably crazy enough and good DF.

Stunseed
10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Hehe, I've got two pretty hawt stars, 5x hcp augmented chain while I wait for plate and the blood regenerating bracelet from the latest Plat auction. It can be done.

Insodus
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
It's quite doable. Gear will help. 3xing dodge, 3xing shield, parry mastery, shield mastery and so on. I'd reccomend blunt over edged. A morning star is suitably crazy enough and good DF.

I dont think dodge/shield was what he was going for.

It's a cool idea, though I agree high-end gear is a going to be a huge part of making it work unfortunetly.

Warriorbird
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM
One'd survive the no armor thing a bit more that way.

Insodus
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree, but if he's going to be a killing machine, sword/board is not the way to go. TWC is the best way to RP that if you ask me.

Same idea as the "Champion" in LOTRO. Very cool.

Warriorbird
10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I wasn't suggesting sword...but club.

:chuckles:

Jayvn
10-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I got excited when I saw the thread name..then let down :( I wanna see some pics of Kaska or guts or griffith damnit... BOO at misleading :)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-09-2007, 09:44 AM
If you are thinking a warrior berserking, haste doesn't work with it, I don't think.

Latrinsorm
10-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Berserk is always the same speed regardless of weapon base, encumbrance, haste/slow, etc.

Maximum output of damage and maximum output of crit are two extremely different propositions: that said, berserking will net you neither.

Mindlessness is not the best way to hunt in GS: this is why people primarily script kiramon and not shan, for instance. It's also not entirely clear how tactical use of CMANs fits into your "crazed" paradigm, but that's not really a mechnical issue.

What has been demonstrated as a viable path is berserking throughout a hunt: referred to as "prezerk" by its creator (Gaerit). I'd strongly encourage you to grab armor and a shield for that, though.

Anebriated
10-09-2007, 10:31 AM
First you will be stalled by the cool down effect of the mstrikes. I would get FGB at the very least. MASTER OF PARRY. Assuming you will be a warrior get feint(20 trick version will due for the beginning levels) and disarm in the guild.