Bobmuhthol
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM
The hilarious part is that he survived.

Celephais
10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Hilarious indeed.

Skeeter
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
This happened like 5 minutes from my house.

Gan
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
wow

War Angel
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
[joking ON] -I'm wondering if someone picked up his papers that flew out of his backpack. What if he lost his homework?![joking-OFF]

wow, its incredible he survived that!

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Ya know if the PT cruiser hadn't ran their red light and hit the other car, the other car still more than likely would have hit the pedestrian. He was going too fast.

Pedestrian was walking too slow too.

Celephais
10-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Ya know if the PT cruiser hadn't ran their red light and hit the other car, the other car still more than likely would have hit the pedestrian. He was going too fast.

Pedestrian was walking too slow too.
It looked like the other car was in the left lane, which the pedestrian had gotten past, but either attempted to swerve away from the PT or just the force of the crash alone forced it to tumble into the right lane.

And and all it looks like no two people involved in that crash aren't idiots. (although the pedestrian looks like he's about 12, so I'm going to cut him some slack...)

Clove
10-08-2007, 02:23 PM
This happened like 5 minutes from my house.

Thanks for the warning.

Stanley Burrell
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't floor an orange in the right lane, dumbasses.

Skeeter
10-08-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/pedestrian.asp

Guy hit was 42.

Aaaaand damn women drivers!

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
That snopes blog thing is wrong though, that pedestrian didnt reach any curb - he was still in the middle of the last lane from what I can see. And he was probably walking during a go/walk light, which turned on him because he was too freaking slow.

CrystalTears
10-08-2007, 03:23 PM
No I'm betting that he took a chance. One car is sitting at the intersection, but he could just have been waiting to turn, but the other side the cars were slowing down to the intersection.

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
When the vid starts, hes already half way through the 4/5 lane street.

The one sitting was probably turning left and had a red light for turning.

edit2: and it looks like the bottom of the car hits the guy, not the depression made from the other car.

CrystalTears
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
In Ohio, do they have timers for the crosswalk?

Jolena
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
The crosswalk was red, according to the snopes information given by the police. And if you look closely, he broke into a run when he saw the crash, and did manage to reach the curb but it was not far enough to avoid the car hurtling towards him.

As for the dent made by the PT, I watched quite a few times and still don't see how that kept him alive, but the police say that's what did it. :shrug:

The interesting thing is that he was pronounced dead but started breathing during transport and was fully resuscitated. Creepy. Dead men talk!

CrystalTears
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
What it looks like is that he got hit by the car directly, but the car landed with him in the indent so he didn't get crushed further.

Bobmuhthol
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
<<That snopes blog thing is wrong though, that pedestrian didnt reach any curb - he was still in the middle of the last lane from what I can see.>>

His instantaneous position directly before collision is closer to the curb than what can be considered "the middle of the lane."

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't think so.. He is right on the line starting that last lane when he starts running. He doesn't make it beyond halfway from what i am seeing.

If he was at or on the curb he wouldn't have been hit.

Skeeter
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
In Ohio, do they have timers for the crosswalk?

I can't recall any in Dayton.

That's typically a very busy intersection.

Bobmuhthol
10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
<<If he was at or on the curb he wouldn't have been hit.>>

This would be some sound logic... if the car didn't go off the road.

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Where do you see it going off the road? In this crash that car seems to have traveled in that one far lane pretty much the whole time after impact.

Bobmuhthol
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
The perspective suggests that the car is farther out than it appears.

Celephais
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
If you watch the video on the snopes site it's a bit clearer... you can see the dent that saved him better and his running to the curb (questionable if he "made" it, but he's certainly close).

Fucking women drivers is right... 75 year old lady in the PT ran the light...

TheEschaton
10-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Why is a 75 year old woman driving a PT Cruiser anyways?

Skeeter
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
who else would drive one?

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 04:02 PM
None of the signs or poles get hit, which further suggests to me that the car never really went off road, unless it was maybe half of it when it was perpendicular to the road.

CrystalTears
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
You sure are hellbent on proving Snopes wrong, heh.

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, just from what I see in the video, I tend to think something happened differently. And everyone else said no... so I am trying to tell you what I see that makes me think otherwise.

And.. the guy is on his third step from that lanes line divider... how many steps do you think it takes to cross over 8 feet?

Bobmuhthol
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
<<None of the signs or poles get hit>>

There are no signs or poles immediately off the side of the road.

<<the guy is on his third step from that lanes line divider... how many steps do you think it takes to cross over 8 feet?>>

It takes me 3.

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Are you watching the same video? I see at least three things I can label signs or poles. Though one is a street lamp, at the corner, which by the way would mark the end of the road. Id say one of the smaller signs is more than likely the walk signal. Or actually both probably are. Just for different directions.

That guy didn't seem to be using a long stride. Seems like he used about eight strides crossing the first lane and getting to/across the next line.

Then he takes another two, and on the last he starts to run and gets another two which are probably longer. Making him just past the middle of that lane I should think. But not to the curb. Also he doesn't run in a straight line to the other side, he halfway starts to go left.

Hey Skeeter, mind taking some pics of that corner? :)

(And, it is not my fault I have nothing better to do than argue this atm...)

Alfster
10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
He was definitely still in the road when he got pwnt

Bobmuhthol
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
<<Are you watching the same video? I see at least three things I can label signs or poles.>>

Not past the corner you don't. The car is travelling at an angle, and moves at least partially off the road very shortly after the collision. The pedestrian surely would have been safe had he reached the nearest post, but that is signifcantly farther than the edge of the curb in question, and the point was that he had simply reached the curb - he was not standing on it by any means.

Look where the shattered glass sweeps across the road: it's immediately in front of the curb, exactly where the man was standing.

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Glass looks like its in the middle of the lane as well. Not right in front of the curb.

Either way, from my interpretation of snopes, they say he reached the curb. I don't believe he did.

And there is no way you can say for sure it ever went off road. Whether it did or not, it would have happened after it had already hit the guy - who was in the middle of the lane...

Skeeter
10-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Are you watching the same video? I see at least three things I can label signs or poles. Though one is a street lamp, at the corner, which by the way would mark the end of the road. Id say one of the smaller signs is more than likely the walk signal. Or actually both probably are. Just for different directions.

That guy didn't seem to be using a long stride. Seems like he used about eight strides crossing the first lane and getting to/across the next line.

Then he takes another two, and on the last he starts to run and gets another two which are probably longer. Making him just past the middle of that lane I should think. But not to the curb. Also he doesn't run in a straight line to the other side, he halfway starts to go left.

Hey Skeeter, mind taking some pics of that corner? :)

(And, it is not my fault I have nothing better to do than argue this atm...)

Yeah, I'll run right down there. :club:

AestheticDeath
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
:P

just watch for cars... and walk fast

its only 5 mins away! haha