PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck is this shit?

Teavangelical
10-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Boy, I sure wish I could kill creatures just by doing nothing!

A dark vysan pounds at you with its fist!
AS: +44 vs DS: +63 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +88 = +107
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
A feeble blow to your left arm!
A dark vysan's touch brings the chill of death!
... 30 points of damage!
Your dead eyes gaze back blankly after the blast connects solidly... or is that an icy stare?
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around you.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 10 mins...

If only looks really COULD kill. I'd off someone for coding this lameass piece of insta-death shit. :grr:

Stanley Burrell
10-05-2007, 11:25 PM
It's an ice flare. Weird that it actually flares from its fist.

ThatDamnTep
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
What's even better is that if that first hit doesn't kill you, they cling to your neck and flare every round until you kill it. Go go level 5 critters.

Teavangelical
10-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Ice flare insta-death... good to know. "Chill" wasn't enough hint for me. It's undead. Why wouldn't bit be chilly.

Going after it with minor fire next time...OH WAIT THAT'S A LEVEL 6 SPELL! NEVAR MIND.

B2
10-05-2007, 11:30 PM
This is how my level 62 rogue died, the last time she died.

Foraging in the Ta'Vaalor graveyard, kneeling in offensive. It hardly knicked me.

Flipping flares.

~Becca

Teavangelical
10-05-2007, 11:34 PM
This is how my level 62 rogue died, the last time she died.

Foraging in the Ta'Vaalor graveyard, kneeling in offensive. It hardly knicked me.

Flipping flares.

~Becca

That would be awesome if it, you know, wasn't the cheapest way to die. Ever.

:::turning in the suckass task right damn now:::

Teavangelical
10-05-2007, 11:35 PM
The guardsman says, "Ah, so you're from the Adventurer's Guild? Yes, we do have a task for you. One of our citizens was attacked by a dark apparition in the Glaise Cnoc Cemetary near Ta'Vaalor. She barely escaped with her life. Unfortunately, in her haste to escape, she dropped a family heirloom of great sentimental value to her. She has put up a reward for its safe return. The heirloom is a dainty pearl string bracelet and you'll be able to identify it by the initials FJ engraved upon it. Hunt down the creature that attacked her, retrieve the heirloom, and report back to me."

Okay, is this thing going to blow me off the map as well? I'm new to Ta'Vaalor hunting. Obviously.

RichardCranium
10-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Ice flare insta-death... good to know. "Chill" wasn't enough hint for me. It's undead. Why wouldn't bit be chilly.

Going after it with minor fire next time...OH WAIT THAT'S A LEVEL 6 SPELL! NEVAR MIND.

It's not undead. It killed me with a 101 endroll first thing this morning.

RichardCranium
10-05-2007, 11:41 PM
The guardsman says, "Ah, so you're from the Adventurer's Guild? Yes, we do have a task for you. One of our citizens was attacked by a dark apparition in the Glaise Cnoc Cemetary near Ta'Vaalor. She barely escaped with her life. Unfortunately, in her haste to escape, she dropped a family heirloom of great sentimental value to her. She has put up a reward for its safe return. The heirloom is a dainty pearl string bracelet and you'll be able to identify it by the initials FJ engraved upon it. Hunt down the creature that attacked her, retrieve the heirloom, and report back to me."

Okay, is this thing going to blow me off the map as well? I'm new to Ta'Vaalor hunting. Obviously.

The apparition's are easy but you have to wait until right after they swing to swing back, otherwise they disappear before you can search them. Same with moaning phantoms. Watch out for the revenants, they cast blood burst and mana disruption.

Teavangelical
10-05-2007, 11:43 PM
It's not undead. It killed me with a 101 endroll first thing this morning.

CORRECT'D!!!

But why's it in the cemetery?

mgoddess
10-06-2007, 12:31 AM

Because that's where it "belongs"?

Being in a cemetery doesn't automatically mean it needs to be undead... the Dark Shamblers in the northern part of the Ta'Vaalor cemetery aren't undead. There's quite a few living critters in the Landing graveyard (goblins, spiders (three different types), water moccasins, and cobras).

Teavangelical
10-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Because that's where it "belongs"?

Being in a cemetery doesn't automatically mean it needs to be undead... the Dark Shamblers in the northern part of the Ta'Vaalor cemetery aren't undead. There's quite a few living critters in the Landing graveyard (goblins, spiders (three different types), water moccasins, and cobras).

Meh.

You can tell I don't hunt undead much. I just rolled up my first wizard not too long ago.

It'll be more fun after I stop running out of mana after 30 seconds...at least, that's the hope.

Gan
10-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Gold wands, and you dont have to wait for a level 6 spell.

mgoddess
10-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Gold wands, and you dont have to wait for a level 6 spell.

And if you can't find/afford the gold wands, find a wizard that's willing to imbed (lots of) wands/rods with spells for you.

Wands will be your friend for a long time, especially if you're hunting on your own a lot. My level 25 wizard *still* uses wands when she's on her own (the nice thing though, is that she can imbed her own wands/rods, and I can't believe I just thought of that now).

TheEschaton
10-06-2007, 11:51 AM
CORRECT'D!!!

Because they're goth. These aren't no normal vysans, they're DARK vysans. Duh.

Krinthalis
10-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Meh.

You can tell I don't hunt undead much. I just rolled up my first wizard not too long ago.

It'll be more fun after I stop running out of mana after 30 seconds...at least, that's the hope.

I play Krinthis in Ta'Vaalor. If you come find me, and ask nicely, I'll figure out a way to get you some wands (I think I have a backpack full of ranger rods somwhere that I can imbed for you). Especially if you play a halfling.

Teavangelical
10-06-2007, 12:18 PM

Does that mean the white vysans in Icemule are holy rollers? :tumble:

Teavangelical
10-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I play Krinthis in Ta'Vaalor. If you come find me, and ask nicely, I'll figure out a way to get you some wands (I think I have a backpack full of ranger rods somwhere that I can imbed for you). Especially if you play a halfling.

Hehehe. Halfling, not hardly. Thanks though. :rofl:

I really have appreciated when the critters just drop them. My little character is pretty dirt poor right now. That and there's the happy merchant racial bias. "I'm not sure why I'd bother selling it to you, but the price is 5000 silvers." I'll give you a price!

I am beginning to suspect that a similar bias also applies to the children you have to go coax out for the bounty task. They seem to appear faster when my human is looking for them... although that could be because she's a killing machine and has a much easier time hunting.

Nah. RACISM!!! Teach those little ones how to hate when they're young and they never forget!

Clove
10-06-2007, 02:17 PM

FTW.

Kastrel
10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Despite the fact that dark vysans flare ice on their regular hits, they are actually completely immune to fire. So gold wands/minor fire will do no good.

Methais
10-07-2007, 02:29 PM

And they look like this:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/fun98.jpg

Stanley Burrell
10-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Some goth chicks are seriously bangin', so don't h8 (too much.)

ElanthianSiren
10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Some goth chicks are seriously bangin', so don't h8 (too much.)

:blndwhip: The thing about goth, is subtlety imo, which may or may not be mutually exclusive with goth, but it's kinda like when you see that standard crazy zelian in GS, and you wonder why they have to try so hard.

As for the critters, get spells and make sure they absolutely can't hit you or skip those tasks/hunts. None of my characters ever hunted the Vaalor graveyard except for money. They scripted the crap out of leapers and thyrils though.