PDA

View Full Version : Warning instead of roleplaying

Revalos
07-03-2003, 12:46 AM
So...is this the new snert trend?

If ever you get in a situation where a rule has been put down that you shouldn't do something, like attacking a creature that is part of a known quest for instance, by over 20 people, that if you get stunned or slept for attacking anyway that you warn harassment?

That's pretty weak in my eyes.

If you don't want to be stunned, don't piss off someone who can stun you.

I'm sure if Warn didn't exist the person would have reported me for harassment or something equally whiny.

I would have had no problem if this guy showed even a modicum of willingness to interact. But on the countless occasions he was told not to attack the trolls, he proceeded to anyway with the usual "I can do what I want" attitude.

Just thought I would share.

Bobmuhthol
07-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Warclaidhm = Absolutely dazzling example.

I'm not even going to go into it, which I normally would do. :( I'm not myself lately. Please list the person who did it so I may harass them repeatedly and add them to my "Ugly brown color which reminds me to harass/kill them every single time I see the name." It currently has 3 people on it.

Taernath
07-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Most of the warn verbs could safely be done away with, I think. Question: was the person roleplaying at all before attacking the critter? If he was, and it was pretty obvious he was going to start swinging, I would have warn combatted him so he wouldn't have any room to start complaining.

Drew2
07-03-2003, 02:13 AM
I think he's right sort of. I mean... in reality... a 300+ pound man with tree trunk legs and cinder block fists asks you to do a ballet, you'll be twinkling your toes in a heartbeat. The GS equivilent is a Great Lord, High Lord, etc, asking you not to attack a troll... you should probably not attempt to attack it! There are boundries in life (and virtual life) that should not be danced across, and if you choose to, you should pay the consequences for such. Whether it's getting turned into a human pretzel or having all your limbs blown off (the later being a GS penalty... or so I'd hope).

However... if this person had not been explained why he should not attack these trolls, then maybe he was doing it just because someone told him not to. If it was explained to him, though, he should have been knocked three weeks from next Thursday.

I'm not condoning bullying, however. Casting, sweeping, thumping, etc., just because you can... or just because you don't agree with someone.. is not acceptable. That's just abuse of power and plain cruel.

Now.. Tayre has had his share of upper levels castin' at him, sweeping, kicking (::glances at Belthania::), etc.. but I've never in my life used the WARN verb. I figure if I get myself into messes, I should get myself out of them. The GM's have enough on their plates.

How does that cliche go? If you make your bed, sleep in it? Or something along those lines. You get the point.

-Tayre

Scott
07-03-2003, 02:38 AM
I said "Klaive was stupid" and his daughter reported me to a GM for harassment. Now that's a true moron.

Cyprion
07-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah, i've been reported 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Getting quite annoying having to talk with different GMs. Cyprions AFK scripting wa wa. Wish they would get the fact straight not report me because i out hunt them at a lower lvl. Annoying, i physically sit there and still have to deal with this. Khaladon actually asked me to dumb down my script yesterday because it was too effective. Stupidest thing i ever heard. You make it so complex it checks for everything, and they want you to make it a simple rat like one. grr. Should cut the part out of the log and make it my sig.

Ramos
07-03-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Cyprion
Yeah, i've been reported 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Getting quite annoying having to talk with different GMs. Cyprions AFK scripting wa wa. Wish they would get the fact straight not report me because i out hunt them at a lower lvl. Annoying, i physically sit there and still have to deal with this. Khaladon actually asked me to dumb down my script yesterday because it was too effective. Stupidest thing i ever heard. You make it so complex it checks for everything, and they want you to make it a simple rat like one. grr. Should cut the part out of the log and make it my sig.

I was one of the ones who reported you. Here's why:

>[Aillidh Brae, Vale]
A hushed atmosphere weighs upon this shadowy forest. Fir, and a few smaller pine trees, grow close enough together to make it difficult to see more than a few arm-lengths ahead. Bushy ferns thrive amongst the tree trunks. You also see a manticore.
Obvious paths: east, southwest
>at mant
You swing a mithril hilted vultite falchion at a manticore!
AS: +122 vs DS: +58 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +49 = +148
... and hit for 19 points of damage!
Jarring blow to the manticore's back.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>
A manticore swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +153 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +64 = -11
A clean miss.
A manticore heads east.
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
Cyprion just went east.
R>e
...wait 2 seconds.
R>e
at
[Aillidh Brae, Vale]
The forest opens up a bit here, giving a variety of plants, bushes and mushrooms a place to thrive. A giant anthill stands close by, a myriad of reddish ants marching to and fro. You also see a manticore.
Also here: Cyprion
Obvious paths: west, northeast
>You swing a mithril hilted vultite falchion at a manticore!
AS: +122 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +65 = +184
... and hit for 42 points of damage!
Internal organs bruised.
The manticore falls to the ground and dies.
R>
Cyprion searches a manticore.
A manticore decays into compost.
Cyprion just went northeast.
R>blink
You blink.
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>

The day after this was when I actually reported, because of both the above and the screen scroll your script causes. Here's the log:

[Valley]
Dead and burned tree stumps hide playfully among the tall grasses of this rolling meadow country. The thorny undergrowth takes its toll on cloth garments and exposed flesh. You also see a manticore and a wrinkled green bowtie.
Obvious paths: south, northeast, northwest, southwest
>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
>at mant
AS: +122 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +72 = +191
... and hit for 45 points of damage!
Internal organs bruised.
The manticore is stunned!
R>
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
R>
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
Cyprion just went south.
R>
A manticore stirs groggily.
R>at
AS: +122 vs DS: +18 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +83 = +222
... and hit for 65 points of damage!
The manticore is backed up by a strong slash to its abdomen!
The manticore falls to the ground and dies.
R>
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
R>
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
Cyprion just went south.
R>
Krystala just arrived.
R>
* Qwikfooted just bit the dust!
R>search mant
You search the manticore.
It didn't carry any silver.
It had nothing of interest.
A manticore decays into compost.
R>Krystala just went south.
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
Cyprion just went south.
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
Cyprion just went south.
>
A manticore scrambles in!
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
>
A manticore swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +80 vs DS: +133 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +100 = +65
A clean miss.
A manticore heads northwest.
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
Cyprion just went south.
>
Telrem just arrived.
>
Telrem just went south.
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
Cyprion just went south.
>
A manticore just arrived.
>report Cyprion may be afk script-hunting.
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone III staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. You may type ONDUTY to see which staff members are currently on duty. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
>at mant
Cyprion just arrived.
Krystala just arrived.
AS: +122 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +35 = +154
... and hit for 21 points of damage!
Wild slash bounces off the back of the manticore's hand.

** Your hilted vultite falchion emits a searing bolt of lightning! **
... 15 points of damage!
Light shock to right arm. That stings!
R>
R>
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
Cyprion just went south.
R>
Krystala just went south.
R>
A manticore claws at you!
AS: +65 vs DS: +133 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +79 = +47
A clean miss.
A manticore heads northeast.
R>ne
Cyprion just arrived.
>[Valley]
Each footstep is swallowed by the sea of grass that flows across the meadows and hills around you. High above you see gulls dancing on the ocean breezes. You also see a manticore and a thrak hide.
Obvious paths: north, west, southwest
>
Cyprion just arrived.
>
Cyprion just went west.
>at mant
AS: +122 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +20 = +139
... and hit for 18 points of damage!
Blow to the head causes the manticore's ears to ring!
R>A manticore heads west.
R>
Cyprion just arrived.
R>
Cyprion just went west.

Ramos
07-03-2003, 06:25 AM
Minor correction: It wasn't the next day I reported, but in the next log. Both those excerpts are from the same day.

Parkbandit
07-03-2003, 08:19 AM
'Because I outhunt them'...

That one makes me laugh.

Parkbandit
07-03-2003, 08:23 AM
About WARN... I think I've been WARNed 5-6 times since it's inception. Haashek was probably the first one to use it against me. I was probably making fun of him and since he has no good comebacks.. it was all he could think of doing.

I think it has it's place if used properly.. but all too often used by the people as a crutch for their lack of roleplaying ability.

Revalos
07-03-2003, 11:57 AM
The guy's name was Rorac, and Warclaidhm showed up later with Tsin to do the exact same thing, luckily the quest was over by then so it didn't matter.

I will not contend that Rorac was not roleplaying at all. He was quite vocal about the fact that he would attack trolls on sight and that was understandable.

My issue is that why roleplay that and then if you get stunned for violating the rule set down Warn? That makes no sense.

Warning me as the player just because I can actually stun you?

Taernath is correct that I should have Warn combatted him, but given the fact that I generally think people will take responsibility for their actions instead of having to resort to these crutch warn commands.

Well anyway, I'm going to make sure in the future I warn combat and see what that does...but I almost guarentee the peron will refuse the idea and report me if I do anything after it.

Morstanya
07-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I don't know if you noticed this, but I started a thread called "Warn" on this forum that has been around the block on this issue already.

Cyprion
07-03-2003, 12:44 PM
I said past 2 weeks not 3-4 weeks back. was afk then, got warned, been physically at the computer controlling it since then, 3 creatures later. Honored you keep a log of me for such a long time. Said i was annoyed because i am actually interacting with people and they still report me.

Bobmuhthol
07-04-2003, 11:13 AM
<<The guy's name was Rorac, and Warclaidhm showed up later with Tsin to do the exact same thing, luckily the quest was over by then so it didn't matter. >>

Warclaidhm and Tsin should be shot in the face, but at least Rorac knows how to not be an idiot.

Tsin drops a mithril claidhmore.
>
Tsin just went west.

StrayRogue
07-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Yes, WARN is the tool of the muppets and cowards IMHO.

Sodrotordos, springs to mind when I think of this type of play. But then, he's my bet for biggest idiot in the game anyway so I am bias *shrugs*

Scott
07-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Yes, WARN is the tool of the muppets and cowards IMHO.

Sodrotordos, springs to mind when I think of this type of play. But then, he's my bet for biggest idiot in the game anyway so I am bias *shrugs*

He certainly ranks up there. He pushes around people younger then him, but as soon as someone bigger stands up, he warns them even before they say anything.... he's such a bitch.

StrayRogue
07-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey odd question...how do I gain EXP, HP etc? Do I have to go kill some cactuars or something?

Bobmuhthol
07-05-2003, 05:45 PM
You have to post a lot.

Parkbandit
07-06-2003, 08:54 AM
[Amu-Subdued : Warclaidhm] "Selling a necklace made of small animal bones. Has 33 charges, call familiar, takes *no* MIU to use. Merchant rechargeable, neck worn. Dont need to rub it or anything, just wear it to activate. Great for warriors and rogues. 3m flat price"

You hear your own subdued thoughts echoing in your head:
"Don ferget crumbly too Warclaidhm."

You hear your own subdued thoughts echoing in your head:
"When ya tout somethin as 'merchan rechargable'.. ya should be givin ou ALL da information on it. Ifn I know somethin that yer hidin on an item.. I'll feel free to dispense my knowledge."

>Warclaidhm just arrived.

Warclaidhm is informing you that he wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! He desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.

>Warclaidhm just went north.

The stupidity we know as Warclaidhm.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 12:10 PM
They have to make it clear that he doesn't want ANY KIND of interaction. He warned me on the boulder, then proceeded to be an idiot. He went on the net and said, "I'll kill Bobmuhthol! Think to me!"...he was killed for it.

Trinitis
07-06-2003, 03:32 PM
I almost want to go muck with Warclaidhm just so he will warn me too. I'm feeling left out. :(

-Adredrin, retired Sorcerer of Icemule. Town Grump.

07-06-2003, 08:46 PM
>cast mhzen
You gesture at Mhzentul.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Mhzentul!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Mhzentul to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.

* Mhzentul drops dead at your feet!

The deep blue glow leaves Mhzentul.
Mhzentul comes back into focus.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Mhzentul.
The dim aura fades from around Mhzentul.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Mhzentul.
The bright luminescence fades from around Mhzentul.
The light blue glow leaves Mhzentul.
The powerful look leaves Mhzentul.
Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>warn Mhzentul interaction
You inform Mhzentul that you wish no further interaction with him. Having done this, you realize that the two of you should move to separate areas, so as not to escalate the conflict.
>

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Hahahah. Klaive PWNZ. There was something about Mhzentul that I don't like, but now I forget. I can't remember half of the people who hate me, let alone half of the people I hate.

AnticorRifling
07-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Warn is pointless, if you can't RP out a situation quit the game for good. I don't care if someone has 100 trains on me if I'm right I'm sayin I'm right. If they can't accept it and then kill me it just further proves it. A deed is what <5k.... I'll take spending 5k on a deed vice wussin out anyday.

Bobmuhthol
07-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Heh, I wait until I lose one or both of my deeds, then go replace them. 1800 if I have 0, 1900 if I have 1. I'll normally never have more than two.

Parkbandit
07-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Sorry Klaive.. your usage of the WARN verb is pathetic in that case. Not only is it used incorrectly there.. but you used it thinking he wouldn't be able to kill you back.. which is a fallacy.

At least the one thing you had going for you is that you seemed to at least attempt to roleplay. That was nothing better than what Warclaidhm did to me yesterday.

Pathetic in both cases.

07-07-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Sorry Klaive.. your usage of the WARN verb is pathetic in that case. Not only is it used incorrectly there.. but you used it thinking he wouldn't be able to kill you back.. which is a fallacy.

At least the one thing you had going for you is that you seemed to at least attempt to roleplay. That was nothing better than what Warclaidhm did to me yesterday.

Pathetic in both cases.

Who's that fool gonna kill? He's an empath.

I warned him immediately after as an OOC Slap in the face. Why? Cause that's what the verb has become.

This is my first time using the warn verb and I will restrict it to times I wish I could just punch a player in the grill for being a jackass.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Parkbandit
07-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Sorry... I don't know him at all.

I simply believe there are better ways of dealing with a roleplay than having to use the WARN crutch. It has it's place for the really really pain in the ass harassers.. but this small clip of your 'confrontation' didn't seem to be that place.

Scott
07-07-2003, 01:00 PM
I agree. That is the most pansy use of warn I have ever seen. Lets warn someone after I kill them. That is just being a pussy......

Straight-up
07-07-2003, 09:19 PM
I too find it funny that the ones who dish out the most shit, usually on the net, but sometimes in person, are the ones who are quickest to WARN. This usually only happens when they are outmatched either mentally or physically in game.

"Oh shit this guy is making a fool of me!"

Warn GUY Interact!

(here they usually start trash talking on the net or talking about you behind your back...so much for no interaction)
or

"Oh man this guy is going to cream me!"

Warn GUY Harrassment!

This usually started with them slapping you or kicking you or making smart ass remarks and trash talk on the net.

The list I have seen all do this or REPORT:

Vif
Izbin
Warclaidhm
Bobmuhthol
Haashek and his children and all their little bitty children (roll eyes)
Moxxa
Tsin

Just funny how people act when they have a thousand miles of internet between them and GMs to hide behind.

Straight

Straight-up
07-07-2003, 09:21 PM
addendum:

With that being said I use the Warn Combat any time I can. Not really to get out of the conflict, but more to CYA after I put the bitchsmack down on the miscreant.

Straight

Edaarin
07-07-2003, 09:39 PM
I get the feeling that soon some people will have no more people to talk to, have warned every person possible.

edge
07-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Warn verb huh. Does it notify the GMs? Is it like report? I scanned the thread so may have missed it. But I think I will go around and rob people, when they catch me warn them....lol! Ya. Can't touch me! ROFL. I think that was a waste of time. Unless it like sends the last 1000 lines of info so they can see the real story. Seems like a verb that can be abused massively. What a waste of resources if it's what I think it is.

edge
07-07-2003, 10:11 PM
You let Fawnie know that the two of you might engage in CvC combat soon. Although your warning has been logged, you should wait for her response before taking any action.
>
Rowi exclaims, "why you warn me!"
>
Vashtee stares at Fawnie.
>
Vashtee sweetly says, "oh my"
>'that offended me
Fawnie went through a doorway.
You say, "that offended me"

Why I had to warn her was this...

Fawnie kisses Yazmin tenderly on the lips.

Chicks kissing chicks offended me. I was not part of it! LoL. That verb is so gay

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by edge]

edge
07-07-2003, 10:15 PM
Toletti asks, "Ye have a wife?"
>chuckle
You chuckle.
>
Rowi steps forward and challenges you to a duel to the first stun to achieve justice on behalf of Vashtee!
>
Toletti peers quizzically at you.
>
Vashtee sticks her tongue out at you, and lets out with a loud, "Thbtbtbtbt" from her lips!
>
* Morrff just bit the dust!
>'Nae, they are scared of me
You say, "Nae, they are scared of me"
>l tol
You see Toletti Cetbal the Swordswoman.
She appears to be a Giantman.
She appears to be in the bloom of youth and average height. She has piercing crystal green eyes and golden brown skin. She has shoulder length, wavy auburn hair with lighter streaks. She has a heart-shaped face, a straight nose and pouting lips.
She has a shooting star tattoo on her waist, a blue star tattoo on her forearm, and a tiny red heart tattoo on her ankle.
She has minor cuts and bruises on her chest, and some minor cuts and bruises on her right arm.
She is wearing a chain hauberk with a blue star emblazoned on the chest, a wire-bound crimson ruby wristlet, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, a ruby-inset braided silk headband, some dainty ruby star earrings, a heart-shaped ruby choker, a blackened vultite kite shield, a ruby-clasped black silk satchel, a black brocade backpack, a gold-trimmed black silk sash, a low-cut black silk blouse, a ruby-inlaid silver tooled sheath, some black eelskin leggings, some thigh-high black leather boots, and a tattered and torn warrior's cloak.
>
Toletti snaps her fingers.
>
Neovik starts chuckling at you!
>'I am to ruff in bed
You say, "I am to ruff in bed"
>chuckle
You chuckle.
>
Toletti says, "thought I would kiss on her "

edge
07-07-2003, 10:29 PM
I was sharing my fun experience. Damn I wish I had a wife she could kiss on though! lol. I hope she is actually hot. My luck it was really a guy....ROFL

Bobmuhthol
07-07-2003, 10:49 PM
With my luck I'll never get paid.

07-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by edge
I was sharing my fun experience. Damn I wish I had a wife she could kiss on though! lol. I hope she is actually hot. My luck it was really a guy....ROFL

She is played by Haashek and his brother, Haashekm.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

07-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by edge

Fawnie kisses Yazmin tenderly on the lips.

Hmmm, looks like two girls with a Klaive-shaped space between them.

- --[ Klaive loves Lesbians ]-- -

Drew2
07-08-2003, 03:46 AM
I gots a great story for ebbyone!

One day (yesterday evening (since it's today morning)), Tayre was sitting in TC. Then, this blankity blank blank cleric named Odiscea decides to let his head inflate to the size of the ice statue. He proceeds to insult several of my elder friends (Kisharra, Chumpino, Daina) and proclaim how everyone is scared of him because he's so powerful. In reality, this guy is -maybe- 30 trains. At the very most.

So anyways... Tayre.. being Tayre.. goes off on him and procceeds to poke him everytime he tries to meditate in TC. Then.. Mr. Big Shot Daddy Pants decides to bind Tayre. (He wasn't spelled!) So Tayre gives him until the bind wears off to run. He decides not to. Tayre binds him, unbalances him, then barks and scratches and all that. Then, Odiscea decides to spend the rest of the afternoon telling everyone that I'm picking on him (I disrupted his meditation probably a total of 50 times). Then he tells me he's going to report me! ::gasp!:: Me, I'm not that worried about WARN and REPORT so I tell him 'I'm so scerred!!'. He then loudly announces he's reported me (Not to mention going OOC by doing so).

So eventually a GM comes and talks to him (I knows cause I located him and GM was there). Then he comes back to TC and says he's reported me.... and meditates again. So ya know Tayre GOTS to poke him. So I keep pokin'. I tell him he's free to go anywhere else he likes, and I wont' follow him, but I don't want him in TC. But no.. Mr. Big Shot Daddy Pants decides to sit there... and meditate.. repeatedly.. so I poke poke poke! Well... eventually he reports me again. And talks to a GM again. And I still haven't heard a single word from them, so they musta knew his cheese done slid of his cracker.

The moral of the story is: People are dumb.

-Tayre

07-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Tayre

The moral of the story is: People are dumb.

-Tayre

You sure are. You're lucky that cleric didn't have any Klaive in him. He woulda stood up and just started ruining your life with wands, weapons, words and women.

When he finished, you woulda gone, "Damn, he had some Klaive in him. I shoulda been more careful."

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Drew2
07-08-2003, 11:13 AM
The cleric was younger than me... younger than ALL he was insulting... and Klaive can kiss Tayre's sylvan arse for all he cares about your self-inflated egotistical self.

-Tayre

07-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
The cleric was younger than me... younger than ALL he was insulting... and Klaive can kiss Tayre's sylvan arse for all he cares about your self-inflated egotistical self.

-Tayre

>"I am Tayre.
You say, "I am Tayre."
>
Klaive kills you.

...it seems you have died my friend...

>

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Elandra
07-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Aye, Daina posted most of what happened..this person, with his 2 souls, has been disliked and a thorn in Mule's side for some time now...(no wonder he got chased out of Vaalor)..he puts down rogues and empaths on the net...talks mostly OOC, and yesterday after sticking up for my friends, and THEY cast at him, he casts at ME. he wihspers swears to me about me talking S*** then calls me a B****. Then tells me how it saddens him that he GAVE me raises all this time..ha! Like I NEED them...he always refused raises when I asked him in TC.
He then proceeded to WARN INTERACT me, but never left the room. The gm's told him to stay away form tc, but yet he still comes there. Scrolling, snarling, talking ooc..then mutters "losergames" :;rolls her eyes::
I did talk to a gm about him, so that if he decided to interact with me, he'll go against his warning.
no Kudos for you butthead.
~K~

Morstanya
07-08-2003, 03:42 PM
I just knew a new asshole would show up after we ran off the last one. It's inevitable. I hope buttwipe is reading all this because I'd like him to know up front that he is in bad with the staff and his warnings and reports are like throwing tomatoes at a charging rhinoceros. Spout off to me punkboy and you'll get to experience some of the nastier tricks a witch sits around dreaming up.

The staff really should discipline this particular moron since he violates policy after policy rapid fire. Scrolling, abuse of warn and report, cussing, and failure to obey a GM edict on a matter he raised himself. I think I even left off a couple.

One word, Punk. (Those of you that know me realize that's a substitute for a stream of profane name calling I prefer to leave off of forums and such).

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 09:54 AM
This is why I and allot of other players simply avoid the larger towns;(correct usage?) Icemule and the Landing in particular. Though in the smaller towns there are far less people to interact with, there in turn is a smaller number of blatantly Out of Character and all around jerkass behavior.

Three cheers for the slums of Elanith

Parkbandit
07-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
This is why I and allot of other players simply avoid the larger towns;(correct usage?) Icemule and the Landing in particular. Though in the smaller towns there are far less people to interact with, there in turn is a smaller number of blatantly Out of Character and all around jerkass behavior.

Three cheers for the slums of Elanith

OOC is all over.. it's not limited to the Landing or Icemule.

Some of the worst instances I've witnessed have been on Teras Isle.

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 11:33 AM
I have never bothered heading over to the Isle of Teras. I enjoyed my brief stay in Pinefar, though I was most likely the youngest sorcerer to make it over those mountains.

River's Rest is where Dighn spends most of his days. OOC behavior is usually not tolerated for very long in that blessed community.

I did spend some time in Icemule and found I liked it far more than I would of before believed. As long as you stayed far away from Town square there was some decent interactions to be found.

Outside of waiting for a Tower meeting in front of the Manor, I have yet to see any non GM inspired roleplaying to be had in We(h?)n(h?)imers Landing. This isnt saying much as I only force Dighn step foot onto the streets of that foul outpost when absolutely necessary.

Kris na Su'ta

Parkbandit
07-15-2003, 12:05 PM
There is plenty of roleplaying in the Landing.. you just need to filter through the idiots to find it.