PDA

View Full Version : Lost!

Nieninque
10-05-2007, 02:28 AM
14kg practice bomb, last seen on belly of RAF Tornado, lost over Northumberland, eastern Scotland or North Sea. If anyone finds it please give the RAF a call. Thanks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7027059.stm

Tsa`ah
10-05-2007, 02:36 AM
At first I read tornado and assumed the bomb was last seen during a natural catastrophe.

In either case, way to tell the terrorists where to look for free explosives.

Nieninque
10-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Way to read the article.

Tsa`ah
10-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Way to read the article.

I read your post and then read the article ... either way ... way to read my post.

Nieninque
10-05-2007, 03:07 AM
I read your post and then figured that as you had said "In either case, way to tell the terrorists where to look for free explosives" you either missed or didnt understand the part of the article that said "Practice bombs are not live devices but are made to look and feel like real bombs" or the part that said "The RAF said that even if the concrete device had survived the fall..." (my emphasis).

So yeah, either you didnt understand that it wasnt a a real explosive or you just fancied the opportunity to make yourself look stupid.

Either way, go you!

Tsa`ah
10-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Heh ... do you think there isn't technology within a practice bomb that couldn't be used?

Smart fuse? Chemicals in the practice bomb that smoke when ignited ... ya, probably harmless "but don't touch it".

I read the article.

Blazing247
10-05-2007, 04:12 AM
That's really a bit of a stretch, isn't it.

Tsa`ah
10-05-2007, 06:20 AM
If it had read "flour/chalk bomb" I wouldn't find it that moronic to report it lost ... big woop ... terrorist groups can try to infiltrate the pastry market.

I willing to bet RAF practice munitions aren't all that different than US practice munitions ....

http://www.miltoxproj.org/Practice%20Munitions%20Fact%20Sheet.htm

If it's "probably harmless" indicates there is some potential for harm. If it can ignite it can explode, if it can explode it's probable that it can be mixed with other chemicals to produce larget explosions.

Celephais
10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
If it had read "flour/chalk bomb" I wouldn't find it that moronic to report it lost ... big woop ... terrorist groups can try to infiltrate the pastry market.

I willing to bet RAF practice munitions aren't all that different than US practice munitions ....

http://www.miltoxproj.org/Practice%20Munitions%20Fact%20Sheet.htm

If it's "probably harmless" indicates there is some potential for harm. If it can ignite it can explode, if it can explode it's probable that it can be mixed with other chemicals to produce larget explosions.
You're an idiot. I would hardly call that cause for concern, there are plenty of other sources of technology a terrorist could employee before needing to salvage a smoke bomb.

Just admit you didn't read the article when you made your first post.

Nieninque
10-05-2007, 08:17 AM
If it's "probably harmless" indicates there is some potential for harm.

You dont think that potential is inherently linked to the fact that it has recently detatched itself from a Tornado aircraft travelling at speed?

Sean of the Thread
10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Did we ever find that thermonuclear bomb off the coast of Georgia?