PDA

View Full Version : A silver-tipped black crow quill

JJBummer
10-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Anyone know what the story behind this item...

a silver-tipped black crow quill

When I hold it...

Turning the black crow quill over, you feel a sharp pain in the palm of your hand. Glancing down you see that the silver-tipped calumus of the quill has jabbed you. As you watch, the long interior of the shaft fills with your blood. An unbelievable urge to write overcomes you.

If I stow it...

Strong and wholly alien, the urge to have your crow feather quill in hand is almost overwhelming.

I figure I should be writing with it but now sure on what...

thefarmer
10-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Where'd you get it?

Khariz
10-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Where'd you get it?

From a box, likely. THere are now two kinds of feathers dropping.

Savageheart
10-04-2007, 09:32 AM
There were several writing impliments a years ago that allowed for blank parchement and sheets of papyrus if I remember correctly.

Some of them were scripted for RP others you could actually send notes off to other PCs (not sure if they're still around I'm still getting the lay of the lands).

If you cant find blank pages to (WRITE) hell try animal skins...

Makkah
10-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Yea... if you can remove a feather from the box, rub it and it turns into a quill.

MdnightDream
10-06-2007, 05:45 PM
First, buy an old copy of the Elanthain Journal that they made for sale.

Then if the feather asks you to hold it, hold it.

Then wait for it to ask you to write. (might take several tries)

When it asks you to write, grab your parchment and PULL the parchment.

StJimmy
10-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Just buy a sheet of parchment from the hovel (1000 silver). Hold the quill in your right hand, the parchment in your left and PULL the parchment.

You don't need to wait for any prompts or anything, you can do it anytime as long as you've already rubbed the feather.

JJBummer
10-07-2007, 04:42 AM
OK all done... and now another mystery... thanks for your help.

sfogarty
05-31-2009, 02:10 AM
Sorry to bring up an ancient thread, but I can find a Elanthian journal in the hovel, but not any parchment. My quill is quite insistent I find some. Can perhaps someone suggest what I'm missing?

LordBacl
05-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Please don't bring up ancient threads.

Nilandia
05-31-2009, 02:46 AM
The parchment that was used for it was removed when the EG finished that year. Best to keep the quill in your locker or just get rid of it if you don't want it anymore.

Gretchen