PDA

View Full Version : Grizzled Warrior

mgoddess
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
This just happened to my sorceress, who is a master in CoL, while she was on her way into the bank in Landing...

The old warrior pulls you close and whispers, "I had a dream once that I was dead. As I approached the Gates to Oblivion Lorminstra appeared and clothed my naked soul in a simple white robe. She then cleansed me in a pool at the head of the Enchanted River, to purify me for eternity."

The old warrior sighs longingly. "Just as I was passing through the gate, I felt something pulling on me and my soul was wrenched backwards. When I awoke I was lying upon the ground. A cleric of Lorminstra was kneeling over me and he looked very drained. It was many years ago now, but I still remember it vividly."

The old warrior stares at you directly in the eye and traces a strange symbol in the air. "To the east, not far from here is a pool similar to the one in my dream. Seek your fortune with the Order of Voln, you can dedicate yourself to no higher purpose. You will need to be strong of heart and character, but I think you will do well."

A tear forms in the old warrior's eye. "Remember," he says, "always, always strive to be pure."

Now, I know the warrior's supposed to invite people to Voln, but I've never heard this from him (his story about Lorminstra). Has anyone else heard this from him?

TheEschaton
10-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I thought that was the standard story.

mgoddess
10-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Eh, could be... I've probably just never seen it 'cause I don't have any Volner's...

AestheticDeath
10-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't recall that story myself. But I don't know if it's different. I always joined a society at level 3 - and pretty much never ran into the warrior before that.

Always had a master invite me in Voln.

Stanley Burrell
10-02-2007, 06:29 AM
If you haven't been INVITEd by a Voln Master or him either, yet, and happen to pass this NPC, he has the chance of inviting you.

>Ask warrior about past

Goretawn
10-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I think it is the same story every time. It is the hint to sit in the pool just outside Voln to "purify" yourself.

RichardCranium
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I think it is the same story every time. It is the hint to sit in the pool just outside Voln to "purify" yourself.

Yeah but they haven't changed it since you had to put all your stuff on the bench and wear a white robe to do it.