PDA

View Full Version : Questions on DVD Ripping and Movie Files

Nilandia
09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm getting started in ripping DVDs, but I've run into a few problems. Hopefully, someone here might be able to help, because I'm pretty clueless in this sort of thing.

I'm trying to rip a DVD, but I'd like to include the subtitles because it's in a foreign language. Normally, I'd use Smartripper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc without a problem, but the subtitles don't carry over that way. I've looked around on websites for information, and I've tried using VFAPI, VobSub and VirtualDub, but either it's not working or I'm not doing it right.

I'm also downloading movies from torrents, and a lot of times they come in two files so people can put them onto DVDs. I'd heard that it's possible to merge the two files, but I haven't a clue how that's done. Sometimes, the movies are also with subtitles, so I'd need to merge the subtitle files as well.

Anyone able to help? Bear in mind, I know pretty much nothing about this sort of thing, so I could follow instructions like, "Click this button, and it works," but not much else.

Gretchen

Bobmuhthol
09-30-2007, 08:59 PM
You shouldn't leave the DVD format and as a bonus for it your subtitles will remain intact.

It depends on what the two files are that you're trying to merge -- movies or disk images.