PDA

View Full Version : Just curious. What happened to Cleodilias?

Aenstaas
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
http://www.crystalamulet.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=d9b508cfaf1eba19c94286ccd68ea0 20

Did it just die because of the player owned shops or what?

Sylvan Dreams
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Probably a combination of playershops and a lack of use and just a general lack of awareness in the player base.

Snapp
09-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I made a fortune on that site back in the day. RIP Cleo's

Aenstaas
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I LOVED to shop and sell on it. So much easier then having to update your bids and all that. It was the Ebay of Gemstone! I wonder if it is still functional? I tried to log into it but I forgot my password and my email is outdated on it. Playershops.com is nice when searching for a specific word or color in an item, but you can't browse by recently added items etc. Hmm, maybe I could start the Cleo revolution and bring it back to life?

Elvenlady
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I think it is still functional, didn't DCSL use it for a huge auction not so long ago?

I used to love browsing Cleodelia's ... I'd vote for a comeback.

MdnightDream
10-01-2007, 07:30 AM
I've posted an item on Cleodelia's. Go tell everyone to start adding items. Man, that site was GREAT back in the day.

I can't believe I remembered my password on the first try.

Cristalia

CrystalTears
10-01-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm all for bringing it back. I'm amazed I remembered my login information. I'd be glad to use it again for selling my stuff. It was the only way I would sell, as I hate merchanting.

Augie
10-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Hrm....maybe I'll reactivate my accounts and post all my stuff up there to make it easier to get rid of things.

I used to sell tons of stuff on there and love shopping it when it was hopping. Glad to see it's still up there. I'd say viva la comeback!

Elvenlady
10-01-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll start posting my stuff there too, let's do it girls!

Aenstaas
10-01-2007, 09:29 AM
YAYAY! Tonight, when I get home from work. I will put a few things up. I don't have a ton of stuff to put up anymore but just to give it some traffic. We can advertise on the boards here where the auction is and in-game too. Well, a little more subtle in-game lol.

ALLL HAIL CLEOS!

AestheticDeath
10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Am I the only one who hated the format and all the annoying banner ads? Especially that one that had the flies all buzzing around and crap...

I had to turn the volume off for the few seconds I browsed it, and resize the whole thing so I could try and hide the banners...

:)

Warriorbird
10-01-2007, 11:06 AM
No.

CrystalTears
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I never cared about the banners as the site helped me accomplish what I needed. That kind of thing doesn't bother me.

Elvenlady
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Ditto.

Well I've gone and posted a bunch of stuff on there. Let's see if it starts to attract attention again.

Latrinsorm
10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Am I the only one who hated the format and all the annoying banner ads?The only thing that perturbed me is how it wouldn't email me a new password when I forgot mine. Robots that lie to me don't get my business!

Fallen
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
You have some of the BEST stuff in the game, Augie. Definitely throw it up there!

AestheticDeath
10-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Did Augie quit?

Some Rogue
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Less girly shit plz. Thx.

Donquix
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Am I the only one who hated the format and all the annoying banner ads? Especially that one that had the flies all buzzing around and crap...

I had to turn the volume off for the few seconds I browsed it, and resize the whole thing so I could try and hide the banners...

:)

and you aren't running firefox or opera w/ addblock of some sort...why?

whenever i hear comments like this all I can think of is "banner ads? what are these "banner ads" you speak of?

Amaron
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I dont remember mine and it wont let me get a new one. :(

Aenstaas
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
It wont let you start a new acct or it wont let you get a new password? I tried to contact Cleodilia at the link provided and the email comes back to me as spam. Does she still play? How can one get ahold of her I wonder?

Sylvan Dreams
10-01-2007, 10:30 PM
You have some of the BEST stuff in the game, Augie. Definitely throw it up there!

Nononono. Don't post your stuff up yet. Give us a chance to save up our coins!

Augie
10-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Did Augie quit?

For the most part. I have to reactivate my accounts just to get rid of shit. Not selling out my characters but definitely am up for selling off a ton of random stuff sitting around.

Nononono. Don't post your stuff up yet. Give us a chance to save up our coins!

LOL You'll have plenty of time to save up - I am not planning on reactivating just yet. I have a couple more months until my shops get repo'd so I'll be back before then. Probably sometime before the end of the year to start liquidating.

AestheticDeath
10-01-2007, 11:14 PM
and you aren't running firefox or opera w/ addblock of some sort...why?

whenever i hear comments like this all I can think of is "banner ads? what are these "banner ads" you speak of?
I do run firefox, it doesn't block ads in the page... I am not talking about pop-ups.

Donquix
10-02-2007, 12:05 AM
i said with an adblock of somekind.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10

http://www.pierceive.com/

Blocks all adds, inline. Most of them, you never knew they were there to begin with.

edit: forgot to say. Adblock (first link) is the actual blocking plugin. Filterset G (second link) is an automatically updated list of ads to block. There is a new version of adblock (adblock plus) that is supposed to combine these features, but i didn't like it as much as the old adblock + filterset g combo.

AestheticDeath
10-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Does it block things you want to see? imbedded videos etc?

Donquix
10-02-2007, 12:30 PM
never had a problem with it. If it does you can always add the web page to your white list, and it won't block adds on it.

oh, also: you can right click images and add them to your adblock list, so if people do the annoying thing of having like 10 huge pictures in their sig...you can block them all with a quick right click :)

AestheticDeath
10-02-2007, 01:30 PM
nice, thanks

Donquix
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
no problem, highly recommended plugin.

I also recommend Gmail notifier (imbeded gmail mail alert)
foxy tunes (imbeded audio player controls)
and....for when all else fails. ie tab (opens a tab in firefox that is an imbeded Internet Explorer session, for those pesky sites that are designed improperly and don't work correctly in firefox)

DelawhereAmi
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
While we're still on the topic - I've decided to use Cleodelia's site again. I love the fact that I don't have to update the bloody things. I've began posting an array of items there myself.

Misun
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow, I didn't know about the site. I think I will definately look into using it.

Sean of the Thread
10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
www.gsauctions.com

It's a no brainer.

diethx
10-24-2007, 08:38 PM
www.gsauctions.com

It's a no brainer.

Since when can anyone but AD post items for sale on gsauctions?

Sean of the Thread
10-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Since when can anyone but AD post items for sale on gsauctions?

One of the most retarded statements I've seen in recent history.

diethx
10-24-2007, 08:41 PM
One of the most retarded statements I've seen in recent history.

You still haven't answered the question, fuckwad.

Jolena
10-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Doesn't GSAuctions take a percentage for fees? (Never used it, but thought it did)

diethx
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Doesn't GSAuctions take a percentage for fees? (Never used it, but thought it did)

As far as I know, you can't post items for sale on gsauctions. You can sell characters after Sergey's approval, though. Except for AD, who has his bargain items page.

Sean of the Thread
10-24-2007, 08:45 PM
gsauctions = safe and secure prompt and courteous.

Everything else = David Dunn

If you don't understand that then you don't need to.

Jolena
10-24-2007, 09:29 PM
You still didn't answer the question. Do you not know, or what? It was a genuine question, as I'd like to know if there are fees to use the site.

Sean of the Thread
10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Can you not read for yourself? Or is it worse than I thought in JAX?

Jolena
10-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Goodness. Sorry to have asked.

SpunGirl
10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL. Being an asshat to people who ask questions is an awesome way to promote use of a site.

-K

Snapp
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Cleo's FTW

Celephais
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I see where I can auction my characters from, but where do I go to auction my items? (http://forum.gsplayers.com/)
Currently, the general public cannot auction their items on the GemStone IV Auction Place. We'll be reviewing how well the character auction service has gone at the end of May 2004. At that point we may open up the item auctioning capabilities to all GSIV Auction Place users. Characters can be auctioned at http://www.gsauctions.com/sell.asp (http://www.gsauctions.com/sell.asp).
Old faq item, but I don't see where you can sell so...

Sean of the Thread
10-25-2007, 08:04 AM
LOL. Being an asshat to people who ask questions is an awesome way to promote use of a site.

-K

I'm not a promoter of the site I was merely relaying my personal experiences. Other than I don't really give a shit.

Sorry to Joleena.. I should have put up the italics I was trying to be sarcastic.

At that point in the conversation I was sippin soda pops watching the rockies get trounced.

thefarmer
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Eh. It might be nice, but I'm not a fan of paying a fee to sell stuff.

CrystalTears
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
AD has stated that selling items is not open to the public.

Drew
10-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Call me now for your free psychic reading! I miss Miss Cleo on TV.

Sean of the Thread
10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Call me now for your free psychic reading! I miss Miss Cleo on TV.

What you want be ask me darlin?

Lady Darqmein
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
To answer your question Jolena...

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=28005

Refer to the other thread. He says it right there when he advertises. kthnx
^.^

CrystalTears
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
You still can't sell your own items on gsauctions. I believe they buy the items off you for a price and then they sell them on the site themselves. They've said that they don't allow personal item selling to the public. So for those people who want to have control over the sale of their own items, gsauctions isn't what they would want.

Things2Come
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM
They allow you to sell your personal items, but only a select few have that privilege.

CrystalTears
10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
You sell them to the site, and they sell them so that they make the money back.

Otherwise, GSauctions only allows character sales, unless you are selling your silvers/accounts to them.

The ability to sell items on www.gsauctions.com is not something available to the public at this time.
Gees.

TheEschaton
10-26-2007, 12:34 PM
More like they offer you something really low, and if you accept it, they mark it up to acceptable prices.

GSauctions.com is more of a liquidator than anything else.

-TheE-