PDA

View Full Version : Official: Upcomming (or Current?) Bone Shatter Changes

Fallen
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Bone Shatter (1106) - Relevant Skills

I am not going to post any specific numbers, but as previously stated, I will inform players of the relevant skills which will affect the updated Bone Shatter (1106).

Mental Lore, Manipulation will now control the chance of instant death for a target. Take note that this lore shares the same role in the upcoming Wither (1115).

Mental Mana Control will lower the damage criticals thresholds of the spell. Meaning there is a baseline, which can be lowered by training in this skill.

First Aid is no longer a factor in the spell.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

Fallen
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I am not sure if these changes went live yet. He says which WILL effect it, though his other phrasing makes one believe they are already in affect. I am going to say it isn't live yet, or the information would be put in an announcement.

Makkah
09-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought he said the Boneshatter changes and Wither would go in simultaneously?

Fallen
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I highly doubt this is live. It would have had more gusto behind the announcement.

Gan
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Nerfing First Aid sucks for those who are on a tight TP budget.

mgoddess
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Bone Shatter (1106) - Relevant Skills
First Aid is no longer a factor in the spell.

I guess that means I'll be able to stop 3x'ing FA on my little one (once the change is live)...

Makkah
09-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Haha. Yea, I think they said they're gonna give a fixskills to empaths for this whole thing too. (although, admittedly, I may be thinking way back when all those ranger changes went live and they got one)

Gan
09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I guess the days of having a single skill benefitting multiple areas directly relating to either exp/hunting or making cash are over (or soon heading that way). All in the name of balance of course.

Pretty soon we'll just have to learn a skill for each and every facet of the game, with no adjustment to TP's earned of course. ;)

Danical
09-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm excited about the changes.

I'll be making a new empath probably when the release goes live.

Zarli
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure what's to be excited about. Wither might be nice but making these changes, making me train in the otherwise worthless mental mana share just means one more thing to use my post cap TP's for when I'd rather be getting my CS higher and bolt AS, oh well.

Makkah
09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
WAHMOBILE... jesus

Latrinsorm
09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
You aren't made to train MMC.

Celephais
09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Seriously, you're getting kick ass hunting spells and you can train to make them more efficient?

Zarli
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I guess if I had a younger one maybe I'd see more benefit. As it stands right now, no I'm not made to do anything, but I still see it as a waste to use TP's for a skill that is pretty much worthless for anything else. Other than a few select people training in mental mana it seems like it was just a flop of a skill. Also.. maybe I'm not seeing it and one of you can enlighten me, but how does it even make sense to have this particular skill affecting the spell this way?

Celephais
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Do you really think Empaths are the only class that can train in a skill to increase their combat efficiency that isn't used for any other task? Hell you should be happy it's not a lore, this way it doesn't eat into your other lore training.

Zarli
09-27-2007, 01:49 PM
All classes CAN train in it, I just dont know many that do and I'm not seeing how it makes sense.. that was an actual question not a sarcastic remark. I honestly haven't even bothered looking at what else mental mana share works with, this is an empath thread and for my empath I just haven't found how it's of much use other than the small amount of help it will give in lowering the damage crit thresholds on this one. Hey if you want to train in it, I dont really care, I wasn't saying anyone shouldn't.. I'm just saying even though it's a relatively small amount of TP's compared to what it could be with lores, it still seems pretty much a waste. Now in younger empaths, perhaps it wont be, maybe I'll roll up a young one and find out someday.

Celephais
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
I didn't say other classes were needing THAT skill, I was saying plenty of classes can train in random skills that do them no real benefit other than some niche improvements. You're aware that the mental mana control also increases your mana regen right?

Think of Clerics who have to waste lores to get to make Chism gems, this cuts into their potential to spend up on more useful lores... at least mana control doesn't reduce potential lore training. Hell bards have two spells that use Mental Mana control, and not nearly to the benefit of increasing crit thresholds.

Zarli
09-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yes, plenty of classes have to train in crap that gulps down TP's in big doses, and.. they bitch about it. I'm just bitching.

As far as MMC increasing mana regen, that's great.. doesn't make much difference to mine as she almost never runs out of mana, but it is something to keep in mind as if it was even a little it'd be helpful for other characters, and no I didn't know that.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Empaths shouldn't be able to hunt.

Makkah
09-27-2007, 02:52 PM
^

Kembal
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
MMC also increases the number of targets for Sympathy, just like SMC does.

I would bet that if Empathic Link gets rewritten to be open cast mass link (like I've been lobbying), MMC would play a major role in determining something with regards to that. (probably number of targets)

Zarli
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow, I keep forgetting we even have empathic link.. that was a silly spell. However if it was mass, it'd be great

Gnomad
09-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow, I keep forgetting we even have empathic link.. that was a silly spell. However if it was mass, it'd be greatStaff claims the fact that death crits don't transfer is a bug that'll one day be fixed.

Making it a mass-cast spell with one death crit killing the group would be outstanding.

Fallen
09-27-2007, 09:48 PM
GRANTA
Will this work on the summation chart, or will each rank help a tiny bit?

It's a linear progression based on skill.

THROGG
I assume we can get a fix skills so I can trade some of my 140 ranks of FA off for manipulation lore?

Yes, as previously stated.

Velvette
Try having 291 ranks of first aid and 95 ranks of spiritual mana control vs 24 ranks of mental. The way I see it, between the changes to boneshatter and changes we will need for 1115 they better give us a month of instant migration. You're talking about my favorite character and I want more than once chance to make her viable. I don't want to accidently mess her up and then leave because I'm so mad.

You will receive one FIXSKILLS. Viability is not a concern with these spells. Every skill-dependent factor is a bonus, not a requirement. You don't need the chance to instantly kill your targets to be effective. You don't need any Mental Mana Control for Bone Shatter (1106) to be effective. You don't need the chance for an extra critical cycle with Wither (1115) to be effective.

Can these combined skills help you? Without a doubt, and this is where you're see a Pure Empath excel compared to those who deviate.

CARABELE
Will a FixSkill be upcoming with the release of Wither and the Bone Shatter changes, Estild?

It will be granted upon the release of Wither (1115). This is no specific date as to when this will happen, but if you currently have a FIXSKILL available and are planning to utilize it before the new one is granted, I would not put it off for too long.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

Celephais
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Man, Velvette came off as having quite a bit of sand in her empvag.

Kyra231
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Heh he's been saying that the change is coming 'soon' for months now. Doesn't mean much coming from him anymore.

~K.

Makkah
09-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Yea... first he was gonna have it out before Simucon.

Fallen
09-29-2007, 09:50 PM

THROGG
I can understand that the PTB might want to make this skill more generally attractive, but I seriousl;y object to all the huge number of lores, and now MCs, that empaths need to train in to get full use of all their spells. No other class has so many demands on their MTPs.

Empaths should already be training in Mental Mana Control. If you're not, then you're deviating and subject to the peril of your training choices.

Lores are intended to be difficult choices and if you can't get enough training points to get "full use of all your spells", then we're doing our job well. Unless you're capped and training in lores, you will likely never validate your statement.

And you think it's tough now, wait until after the Spiritual Lore Review. It's easy to select lores based lack of options, but what happens when the least desired lores suddenly become more desirable? No, you won't be getting more training points to make use of the new options, either.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

Renian
10-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Empaths shouldn't be able to hunt.

Play Dragonrealms.

Sean
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
heh will this be a universal fixskills or empath only?

AestheticDeath
10-02-2007, 01:26 PM
empath only

iJin
10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
These changes and fixskill need to hurry up pls.