PDA

View Full Version : This is starting to get annoying.

ThisOtherKingdom
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm constantly having people search my kills because I'm stuck in a RT in hiding.

Khaitiff
12-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Thats why you fire an arrow from the shadows and stick them in the right or left eye whichever is your choice and tell them to leave the dead alone. Even if they search and leave just sit and wait for the next chance and make em realize.

ThisOtherKingdom
12-02-2003, 11:09 PM
I'd love to, but I try to restrain myself. Hopefully people will start to realize that when you see a dead critter lying there with no one around there just MIGHT be an archer in the shadows.

Khaitiff
12-02-2003, 11:35 PM
I wouldnt count on it, there will always be that person looking to take advantage of a dead critter or that do not have the smarts to see the creature is full of arrows.

Kitsun
12-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Having a disk tends to help!

Every so often some people have to abandon a critter but leave it bleeding. I usually wait a second or two to hear a cough from the shadows but disks usually send out the "I am here" message quite well.

Firing a warning shot works too heh.

12-03-2003, 12:16 AM
type SET KILLGROUP in game i believe and only you will be able to search your kills... doubble check me on that type both set and flag in game...

12-03-2003, 12:19 AM
scratch that they changed it flag grouploot on

Khaitiff
12-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Ah yes The Edine is correct, I forgot that ability, I was so used to Khaitiff being a total take no shit about it just drop them dead for stealing searches type deal attitude.

ThisOtherKingdom
12-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by The Edine
type SET KILLGROUP in game i believe and only you will be able to search your kills... doubble check me on that type both set and flag in game...

Thanks for the tip, this should help some. It's now "GroupLoot" however. On a somewhat similar topic, how hard is it to look at a critter to see if it has any wounds before attacking it?

Edited to point out how slow I was in pointing out the GroupLoot.

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by ThisOtherKingdom]

Kitsun
12-03-2003, 02:31 AM
Depends on the creature. I'll be damned if I'm giving an Illoke Shaman another half second to kill me with a stone fist.

Khaitiff
12-03-2003, 12:08 PM
I agree there Kitsun, those Shaman's tend to not give you a chance let alone a chance to look at them.

Moist Happenings
12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Well, I know there are a few archers who hunt in the stronghold these days, ambushers as well. So I generally walk in and stun things first. That gives a few seconds for someone to get out a cough if one is coming. Doesn't cost a lot of mana, and it's good in an area where you can ward everything easily and there are likely to be hiders.