PDA

View Full Version : 5x gown

thefarmer
09-24-2007, 08:30 AM
So what shold I expect to pay for a gown that protects the torso as cloth armor and is 5x?

SpunGirl
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd say somewhere in the realm of 5x robes, maybe a leetle beet higher since it's a gown. But I don't remember what I paid for my 5x robes - 250k? so this post is nearly worthless.

-K

GSLadyGothique
09-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Since armor cant be (And should never have been) made into a gown last I knew they sold for 1-2m. I gave one away in an event on Teras about 6 months ago, it was hideous but it was still worth a mil or two. If you see Nilandia around she can give you a better idea.

I do know that the ones that are leather based sell for 4m and up starting with light leather.

Izzy
09-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Erm, 5x leathers will never sell for 4m. 5x plate might break 2m, if someone is desperate. I'd say at most the gown is worth 500k. Cloth armor is so bad it's sad.

Silent_Willy
09-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Erm, 5x leathers will never sell for 4m. 5x plate might break 2m, if someone is desperate. I'd say at most the gown is worth 500k. Cloth armor is so bad it's sad.

You miss the point that it's a GOWN and not a robe. Alot of people would jump on the opportunity to not be seen in armor.

Nilandia
09-25-2007, 02:38 AM
You miss the point that it's a GOWN and not a robe. Alot of people would jump on the opportunity to not be seen in armor.
That's the vast majority of its appeal. To give Lisera as an example, she would never be caught unprepared for an attack, but it just won't work for her to be in armor all the time that looks like armor. The gowns, along with the armor corsets, are a perfect solution.

I've got a few gowns that are robe armor, and I'd love to acquire some more. I still have the one I got from Gothique at the game, but I haven't come up with a proper alter for it yet!

Gretchen

Nilandia
09-25-2007, 02:39 AM
I still don't know what they'd be worth, though. I'm an archivist, not a merchant. ;)

Gretchen

Drew
09-25-2007, 05:24 AM
They won't alter robes into a gown? I'm sorta surprised at that, they're both cloth. Personally I would try to get some full leathers altered into a gown. I have some full leathers that are a shirt and another that are a jacket, it'd be tough but I bet eventually those could be altered into a gown.