PDA

View Full Version : Loresinging to Gems

Goretawn
09-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Ok, I purify a white chalcedony and get this message:

You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a piece of white chalcedony.
As the gem resonates in response to your voice, you sense that it cannot be purified any further.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

So, I loresing to it and get these:

You sing:

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the white chalcedony in your hand, and you learn something about it...

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 100 silvers, and is of average quality.

You sing:

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the white chalcedony in your hand, and you learn something about it...

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the chalcedony is as a gem of some kind. As you sing, the chalcedony seems to resonate with your voice, and you feel it trying to draw power from you.

What does that mean? What is the wording for an orb gem?

Kitsun
09-20-2007, 12:20 AM
That phrase means it is an orb gem.

Goretawn
09-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Awesome. I now have two. What are they normally worth?

fallenSaint
09-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Based off the value of the gem since that also goes into play when using them to charge items. Generally the diamonds and emeralds are the only real useful orb gems.

Goretawn
09-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, the chalcedony is only woth about 100, but the Opal was around 1000. What would be the lowest to keep?

Lianon
09-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Sell them both...