PDA

View Full Version : What race/profession makes the best archers?

Cademus
09-14-2007, 09:27 PM
So, in theory. At cap, who would ultimately make the best archers (in terms of taking out a mob the fastest, getting silvers, etc. etc.) ? Giantman/rogue or ranger? Halfling Paladin?

mgoddess
09-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Not halfling/gnome/small-person anything, for one... mostly because they're STR bonus blows crap for archery.

I'd think a human or half-krol rogue, based entirely on str/dex stats. A dwarf might be good, if you don't mind the -10 AGI-suck (aka, -10 DS, as well as AGI is a prime stat for rogues). A giant ranger might also be good, if you don't mind the -5's to prime stats (DEX & INT) & AGI.

Drew
09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Half krolvin rogue. Rangers are better archers but rogues can pick their own boxes.

Cademus
09-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Half krolvin rogue. Rangers are better archers but rogues can pick their own boxes.

It may actually even out? Rogues can pick their own boxes, but noone can really match a ranger's skinning ability?

Besides it might be difficult to be a good picker and be a good archer at the same time. This is at cap and not beyond cap. (beyond cap I tend to agree with you.)

AestheticDeath
09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
You can be a fully capable picker and archer as a rogue. Even before cap.

And how exactly are rangers better than rogues at archery?

Drew
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
You can be a fully capable picker and archer as a rogue. Even before cap.

And how exactly are rangers better than rogues at archery?

Amongst their other advantages (a spell that helps with aiming and having the same AS and aiming capabilities as a rogue to mention a few) they fire a second faster than the rogue.

AestheticDeath
09-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, thats not really true.

Rangers have 606 true, but rogues get cman surge, which can potentially take off 2 seconds depending on your normal STR bonus.

Rogues have access to 425, which is +25-50 AS, while rangers only have like 608 for +30 AS. Which needs to be recast often. Admittedly this is more commonly a post cap skill for rogues.

As far as aiming, rogues can triple perception for better aiming in the open, and they have both 402 and 404 which help with aiming from what I have been told. Perception is also cheaper to train in as a rogue.

Rogues also have a cheaper TP cost for most any ranged skill set. I dont think rangers have a cheaper costs on anything beyond spells.

I think as far as ranged skills go, armor and ranged weapons are the same, every other physical/combat related skill is cheaper as a rogue, while all the magic skills are cheaper as a ranger.

Rogues get to double in dodging skill easier than a ranger can single in it. 6/3 for a rogue to double, vs a rangers 7/5 to single.

Combat maneuvers is cheaper, and provides better cman skills.

Ambush is cheaper etc etc..

Personally I prefer rogues, and am under the opinion they are better.

And as for race, I think I would prefer Half-krolvin or giantman. Higher STR for lower RT, and a lot of HP for taking hits if you have to.

Bobmuhthol
09-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Half elf rogues own.

AestheticDeath
09-14-2007, 11:11 PM
They fire slower than giant/half-krolvin and have less HP, smaller encumberance tolerance. Giants have faster SP regen. The only thing they really have over those two races is a few points in AS for ranged weapons.

fallenSaint
09-14-2007, 11:17 PM
It may actually even out? Rogues can pick their own boxes, but noone can really match a ranger's skinning ability?

Besides it might be difficult to be a good picker and be a good archer at the same time. This is at cap and not beyond cap. (beyond cap I tend to agree with you.)

Archery and Locksmithing for a Rogue make the easiest to work with Point wise so your so very off.

And I'd say a Wizard Archer, yay for haste.

Anebriated
09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
My personal preference(i swear its unbiased, ok maybe not) is for elven rangers. Both classes can potentially shoot with the same rt, its a matter of what type of bow you use. Rangers will be better for skinning/foraging(and can easily make imbeds for a wizard to put haste in) but rogues can pick their own boxes(they can load up on em too since enc doesnt affect archery rt). Its personal preference. Post cap Id say a rogue is better because they will have an easier time with armor training and can easily pick up FA and survival to skin while a ranger wouldnt have the same redux and be unable to pick their own boxes.

Sypher
09-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Rangers can pick/open boxes post cap doubling is not as effective as tripling but it's still doable.

But some points...

-Rangers have higher TD (add up the spells), they got better DS's once you throw in the giveme spells from the 400 list.

-Rangers ARE better archers:

The extra perception doesn't do squat once you hit the ceiling on aiming.

Rangers have mobility,camo. Don't know if these are both imbeddable or not?

phoen's strength is better then surge. A.) you can't keep surge up continuously alongside shadow mastery and all your other cmans. B.) Enc. is a nonstarter because it doesn't affect archery.

613 helps considerably for aiming.

617 is helpful for staying hidden (again imbeddable?)

650 Assume aspect really tips this whole thing in favor of rangers.

Assume Aspect allows a ranger, who has 50 Ranger spell ranks, to channel the spirits of nature in order to assume beneficial characteristics of certain wild beasts. After PREParing the spell, the ranger may choose one of the following aspects to ASSUME:

Aspect Benefit
Wolf
Dexterity & Intuition stats
Jackal
Ambush skill
Lion
Strength and Influence stats
Panther
Stalking & Hiding skill
Owl
Wisdom & Aura stats
Hawk
Perception skill
Rat
Agility & Discipline stats
Porcupine
Logic stat; Wall of Thorns (640) spell effect
Bear
Constitution stat; Health Points (HP)
Serpent
Evasion
Burgee
Block
Mantis
Parry
Yierka
Survival skill; SENSE, FORAGE & herb/healing potion RT reduction
Spider
Climbing skill; Web (118) spell effect

Aspect Benefits
Stats: When assuming an aspect with a stat benefit, the ranger receives a +20 increase to the applicable stat. Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings provides an additional benefit of an additional +1 at 2 ranks to a maximum of an additional +12 at 90 ranks. The stat bonus increase is half that of the stat increase with a base stat bonus increase of +10 and an additional stat bonus increase of +6 with lore training. Please note that the total increase to a character's stat bonus from all enhancive effects (including 650) caps at +20.

Skills: Aspects with skill benefits increase the appropriate skill by +20 ranks. Training in Spiritual Lore, Summoning increases this bonus by an additional +1 at 2 ranks to a maximum of an additional +12 at 90 ranks.

Wall of Thorns (640) modifier: One of the benefits of assuming the Aspect of the Porcupine is an increase in potency of the block rate and poison effect of the Wall of Thorns (640) spell. Training in Spiritual Lore, Summoning further increases this effect.

Health Point (HP) modifier: Not only does assuming the Aspect of the Bear provide an increase to the Constitution stat, it also provides an increase to the ranger's Health Points (HP) by +25. Training in Spiritual Lore, Summoning provides an additional +1 HP at 1 rank with a maximum of an additional +13 HP at 91 ranks.

Evasion/Block/Parry modifiers: This benefit provides a +10% chance to evade, block, or parry against like-level foes during combat. Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings increases this chance by an additional 1% at 2 ranks with a maximum of an additional +12% at 90 ranks.

SENSE, FORAGE & herb/healing potion consumption: A ranger will have a 25% RT reduction when consuming any healing herb or potion, sensing room conditions, or attempting to forage while under the effects of the Aspect of the Yierka. Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings increases this benefit by an additional 3% RT reduction at 1 rank with a maximum of an additional 39% RT reduction at 91 ranks.

Web (118) modifier: While the Aspect of the Spider is active, casts of the Web (118) spell are made more potent. When attempting to web an individual, the Target Defense (TD) of the target is reduced by 50, as opposed to the standard 25. When casting an area web, its duration and snare charges are both doubled. These benefits are not modified by lore training.

Animal Companion Bonus
If the ranger assumes an aspect that is of the same category as his Animal Companion, he will receive an additional bonus while the effects of the aspect are active. This benefit pertains to Animal Companions that are of the same category (canine, feline, avian, and rodent), but not necessarily to the same species as the Wolf, Jackal, Lion, Panther, Owl, Hawk, Rat, and Porcupine aspects.

Danical
09-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Bard. Hands Down.

Unless you have a slave hasting wizard or an item with haste.

1 RT eye aimed shots? Yes please.

HK might bit a bit of a stretch for a bard though given their INF bonus which plays a part in renewal cycles. You might have better luck as a human or giant.

You might have defensive problems until past cap, however.

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 12:11 AM
lol @ defensive problems. Did you ever play an archer before the archery changes?

Danical
09-15-2007, 12:19 AM
God, no. However, archery before the change has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing currently. So, what's your point? That it's far better than it was before? Super. How about now?

If we're talking cap.

Bards generally only 1x dodge (cheaper for a ranger) and get less DS from their professional spell circle than a similarly trained Ranger. It's also far easier for a ranger to get 401/406/414 than a bard to get 103 (ok, super easy)/120(super not easy).

Expect to be put into massive RT coupled with prone status in OTF and probably the same via charge in the temple.

I had DS problems and I had 1.5x dodge with 74 MnE and 51 Bard; both are well above the norm. I also had the gnome size DS bonus as well.

So, yeah, DS problems as a bard compared to ranger.

AestheticDeath
09-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Wizards have a very low AS, so hunts typically seem to take longer for me with my wiz archer.. But its fun having perma haste.

Sypher, rangers wont be able to pick like level adequately. It would take a ton of post cap exp for them to add 2x pick/disarm to their repertoire, and then they would be severely limited as they don't have 403/404 unless with imbeds/scrolls which counts as half bonus. At best they would only get a portion of the boxs. I'll guess and say 70% at best, as a lot of the boxs I find in OTF are -1000 locks or better. A few are -800 to -900. And the rare ones which are like kobold skill level.. -5s and such. But there would be a lot of boxs they would not be able to open. Even a halfling with 202 ranks in picking would only have -855 skill with a vaalin pick which means more along the lines of -954 max lock without lore?

The DS from a rangers spells are negligible. Especially if you consider you will be stance dancing, or hunting from the shadows. And since rogues could triple dodge and make up for the spell DS in the later levels.

And this is all self spelled conjecture as far as I am concerned, otherwise they each will have access to ALL the same spells. Except for a few self cast ones. So you don't count the 400s on the ranger.

The TD doesnt seem to be much higher from their spells either, and a rogue would more than likely be in heavier armor sooner, further weakening the gap in TD there. I don't think either of them can get TD high enough to ward like level creatures very well, but correct me if I am wrong.

The extra perception does help aiming from the open, and it gives extra DS.
My rogues keep up surge just fine, even with SM, though mine don't use either atm. Long enough to fry especially.

Encumbrance definitely plays a role, as it will lower your DS. And lessen your resistance to maneuver attacks.

complac3ncy
09-15-2007, 12:25 AM
If you're number crunching, rogue's are better archers. The cheaper training has nothing to do with it really, and neither does picking boxes, not sure why picking boxes got brought up in the thread, but anyways..
Archery at cap is pretty balanced from what i've experienced. My post cap half elf ranger shoots a 498AS with COL signs. That is around what a capped elven type rogue will fire at as well, without 425. I can also add about 25-30 more onto that with my giftbag item, assume aspect, and adventurer badge. Wether your a rogue, or ranger, with maxed ranged/perception/ambush training, that type of AS is enough to destroy anything pretty much except your golems and construct types that we archers hate. None of the other rogue or archer rangers that I am familiar with have problems walking through oldfaendryl or the ruined temple. Having played both professions, cap and post cap, I would put my money with the ranger, as far as hunting efficiency goes. The ranger spell line is just great for hunting, especially with the introduction of lore. Rangers don't need lower skill costs, or 425, or a bajillion cman abilities, because thier spells speak very loudly. Rangers can't 3x perception and 3x ambush for a reason, not that it will have much of a diffrence at cap anyways, but they can't because of game balance. Ranger's melee weapon type, whatever it may be, compliments thier additional weapons in thier spells. With the power to calm and annihilate swarms or prone and instantaneously induce huge DS penalties and casting hindrences or just spike the the tits off critters all while hiding behind a wall of thorns just to name a few abilities, it shouldn't surprise anyone why the advance weapon style training is left to the rogues. Let them have some fun on the enruned and mithril we can't just blow up.
Uhh, but anyways, back to the question which was what race/proffesion makes the best archers. Honestly on paper, rogues look better. Thier skill costs are cheaper and can be trained higher, namely perception and ambush. AS wise, rogue and ranger will be very similar. What race..I would say any of the stronger races that don't get a negative penalty to stregth. I think most people like firing faster moreso than firing a tad harder. If you want to make a character that does nothing but shoot a bow and brag all day about it, then go with the giant or half krol rogue.

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 12:27 AM
God, no. However, archery before the change has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing currently. So, what's your point? That it's far better than it was before? Super. How about now?

dude, ive been playing the game since ICE. What I say is law.

AestheticDeath
09-15-2007, 12:29 AM
picking got brought up as the discussion of getting silvers which was part of the original question.. being able to open your own boxs vs skinning better

AestheticDeath
09-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Rogues will also have a higher AS comparatively earlier on. Being able to triple perception and double ambush at the same time, and cheaper than a ranger..

1 AS for every 4 levels.

And rogues have wspec for another 10 AS pretty early.

Rogues will always have a higher constant AS than a ranger given the same race.

Danical
09-15-2007, 12:37 AM
dude, ive been playing the game since ICE. What I say is law.

Has it been 14 (or 15) years!?

What's the boulder?

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 12:51 AM
A boulder is a big rock. duh!

Danical
09-15-2007, 12:57 AM
A boulder is a big rock. duh!

Listen Slappy. I'm going to disarm your weapon and steal it; there isn't anything you or the GMs can do about that.

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 01:12 AM
IS THAT LEGAL?! ILL POST ON PC TO FIND OUT... OH WAIT...

Soulpieced
09-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Having tested with archery when GS3 was transferring to IV, bards seemed insanely powerful. Again, having a 1 RT with aimed, or plain longbow shot is far superior to a higher AS or DS with any other profession. You won't have to hide, and lullabye plus an aimed shot with 1 second is kind of a no brainer. Bards also probably have one of the higher potential AS' for archery, with bonuses from 425 and 1019.

Cademus
09-15-2007, 09:04 AM
So many opinions. Hm, I should have added that in terms of spells, we are assuming that any easily attainable spell(spells that can be imbedded through common means, group spells and the like) are available for everyone.

With that being said I would be correct in saying Rogues and Rangers are "neck and neck" for the title as best archers?

Sean of the Thread
09-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Troll Hunters

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Having tested with archery when GS3 was transferring to IV, bards seemed insanely powerful. Again, having a 1 RT with aimed, or plain longbow shot is far superior to a higher AS or DS with any other profession. You won't have to hide, and lullabye plus an aimed shot with 1 second is kind of a no brainer. Bards also probably have one of the higher potential AS' for archery, with bonuses from 425 and 1019.

Song of noise or whatever it is that stops magic from being cast is also pretty win, but then I dont think you can keep the haste song up(not sure, never played a bard). But thats what haste imbeds are for anyway.

Danical
09-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Song of noise or whatever it is that stops magic from being cast is also pretty win, but then I dont think you can keep the haste song up(not sure, never played a bard). But thats what haste imbeds are for anyway.

You can actually.

My preliminary tests with Song of Noise works as follows:

The song triggers every 5 seconds. If you move to a new room you could possibly wait anywhere from 0-5 seconds for it to trigger unless you manually renew it. Once the song triggers in a room creatures will have a fuck of a hard time casting through it but the bard will as well. To overcome this problem so you can put tonis up, change 1 room quickly, mash the tonis macro before Song of Noise triggers, then go back to the original room you were in.

Also, SP, 1019 isn't Eonak's glory or whatever. You're thinking 1007.

Stretch
09-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Bard would be most effective post cap. 1 second aimed shots pretty much speak for themselves. Purification is a huge plus.

I would still put rogues above rangers in terms of utility/effectiveness. AS bonus from Phoen's is more than offset by Surge, and while Camouflage is nice, at that point either profession should have a high enough attack that another 30 wouldn't make a difference.

Rogues have access to 404 and cheaper Perception training, which makes accuracy all that much better. Sure, rangers can 2x Perception and hit an eye maybe 75% to 80% of the time, but throw 404 on and that jumps up to 90%. Rangers can do the resist armor thing, which I don't know too much about but I assume there's not a booming market for.

I go through 60 tritons or 80 Ithzir per 16 minute hunt, and average 6-7 boxes. Assuming it would cost 2.5k for the locksmith to open each box (probably on the low end), that's an extra 15k+ per hunt just from being able to open own boxes.

In terms of DS, my rogue does fine self-cast in the Temple. With 401 and a small statue, hunting DS is 393 with a 4x bow and 8x plate. If I wanted to bother, I could tack on an additional 20 DS and 20 TD for 280k exp worth of spells. An additional 112k exp of spells would yield another 20 TD. It is also easier to pick up a second weaponstyle.

Edaarin (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 230 130
Combat Maneuvers...................| 225 125
Ranged Weapons.....................| 302 202
Thrown Weapons.....................| 302 202
Ambush.............................| 302 202
Physical Fitness...................| 201 101
Dodging............................| 403 303
Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25
Harness Power......................| 58 12
Disarming Traps....................| 370 270
Picking Locks......................| 403 303
Stalking and Hiding................| 302 202
Perception.........................| 302 202
Climbing...........................| 90 20
Swimming...........................| 150 50
Trading............................| 161 61

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 4
Training Points: 0 Phy 34 Mnt (512 Mnt converted to Phy)

Cademus
09-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Bard would be most effective post cap. 1 second aimed shots pretty much speak for themselves. Purification is a huge plus.

You can get haste imbeddibles easily thereby lessening the value of that bard ability.

I would still put rogues above rangers in terms of utility/effectiveness. AS bonus from Phoen's is more than offset by Surge,

Yes, but you need to keep surge up continuously along with any other cmans you got going includ. shadow mastery and the occasional guild skills. Plus, on top of phoen's I can get an additional +16 bonus to my strength through 650. Additionally this allows me to choose a weaker race which allows me to choose a race with better archery stats, further increasing my AS.

and while Camouflage is nice, at that point either profession should have a high enough attack that another 30 wouldn't make a difference.

Camo also provides a bonus to stay hidden.

Rogues have access to 404 and cheaper Perception training, which makes accuracy all that much better. Sure, rangers can 2x Perception and hit an eye maybe 75% to 80% of the time, but throw 404 on and that jumps up to 90%. Rangers can do the resist armor thing, which I don't know too much about but I assume there's not a booming market for.

Rangers also have access to 404, which is a commonly imbeddible spell. The extra perception is offset by 613 Self control:

This powerful spell will allow the caster to focus her will, as well as energy from the natural surroundings, and set up a powerful protection field around her. Self Control will not only offer physical protection by adding +20 Defense Strength (DS), except Bolt DS, +1 for every 2 Ranger Spell ranks beyond 13, but spell protection as well by adding +20 Spirit Target Defense (TD).

Self Control (613) also provides a bonus to spotting and disarming traps while utilizing the DISARM command on treasure boxes. This bonus is increased by training in the Ranger spell circle.

Additionally, Self Control assists the caster in resisting certain fear-based attacks.

Archers and hurlers who are AIMing, receive an increasing bonus in the chance to hit their mark, which is based on Ranger spell ranks.

Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings provides an additional Spirit Target Defense bonus of +1 at 5 ranks, to a maximum of +10 at 95 ranks.

Unlike many other spells that have increasing bonuses, Self Control's mana cost does not increase; the mana cost is 13 per cast.

I go through 60 tritons or 80 Ithzir per 16 minute hunt, and average 6-7 boxes. Assuming it would cost 2.5k for the locksmith to open each box (probably on the low end), that's an extra 15k+ per hunt just from being able to open own boxes.

This is dependent on what you hunt. Rangers can skin far better then rogues can with their skinning spell. Plus, this assumes Rangers can't pick at all. They can 2x/2x with ranger spells that help in disarm/locks etc. Someone mentioned about 70% of OTF boxes can be picked this way. 30% of 15k =4500 silvers that the ranger is missing out on. Thats not much, and is more then offset by the ranger's skinning ability.

In terms of DS, my rogue does fine self-cast in the Temple. With 401 and a small statue, hunting DS is 393 with a 4x bow and 8x plate. If I wanted to bother, I could tack on an additional 20 DS and 20 TD for 280k exp worth of spells. An additional 112k exp of spells would yield another 20 TD. It is also easier to pick up a second weaponstyle.

Ranger and Rogues DS are pretty much comparable. I think TD is slightly higher on a ranger due to ranger specific spells. Note: This is including easily attainable imbeds from the 400 list.

P.S. I don't know much about the resist armor market. I do know that people do comission rangers to get their armors resisted especially at higher levels. And with the recent changes to what armors can be resisted this may have improved?

Stretch
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Heh, sounds like you already have your mind made up.

Anyway, I would be willing to bet that non-pures who are willing to rely on imbeds to hunt are far and few between.

I would say that 70% is pretty optimistic for OTF. Assuming a DEX bonus of +25, that puts you at a max lock of -820. That means if you roll 100, you can get a -820 open. For the Aqueducts, that *might* get you 70%, but main road averages probably closer to the mid to high 800s.

Nelemar averages upward of -1000.

I have zero trouble keeping surge and smastery running concurrently for the duration of my hunt. At worst, I don't have surge running for 30 seconds. Most of the time, I just fire from the open anyway since hiding is a waste of time.

Asha
09-15-2007, 08:41 PM
It makes me happy to know that eventually the cooloff from both will eventually not matter.

Drew
09-15-2007, 08:52 PM
The extra perception is offset by 613 Self control

Actually it makes the ranger a better. Aiming is only improved up to 2x. A 2x percep and 3x percep rogue the exact same. So a 2x percep ranger with 613 is more accurate than a 3x rogue.

Cademus
09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I went through the spell list and numbers again. In my opinion the ranger is better at archery, but only at archery.

When it comes to CMANs, the rogue has some real nice -get me out of here!-cmans. So that may push rogues on top or make them even with rangers.

My real big question is with a ranger, what race would maximize? Specifically what race(s) can shoot a longbow in 5 seconds?

Stretch
09-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Actually it makes the ranger a better. Aiming is only improved up to 2x. A 2x percep and 3x percep rogue the exact same. So a 2x percep ranger with 613 is more accurate than a 3x rogue.

Are you sure about the perception cap?

The AS bonus caps at 2x, but I was under the impression that 402/3x percep > 2x perception. That's certainly the case with edged.

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Im not positive but I think my elven ranger was at a 5 second shot, 6 aimed with a longbow. Its been a solid 3 years since ive had him though, maybe someone else can verify.

Cademus
09-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Hm,anyone know the strength bonus/RT reduction rate?

Stretch
09-15-2007, 09:59 PM
-1 RT for every 10 STR bonus

5 second base for short bow
6 second base for compositve bow
7 second base for long bow

+1 RT for hiding
+1 RT for aiming

Max STR bonuses by race:

Giantman +40
Half-Krolvin +35
Human +30
Erithian +20
Burghal Gnome +10
Dwarf +35
Forest Gnome +15
Halfling +10
Aelotoi +20

Cademus
09-15-2007, 10:01 PM
-1 RT for every 10 STR bonus

5 second base for short bow
6 second base for compositve bow
7 second base for long bow

+1 RT for hiding
+1 RT for aiming

Max STR bonuses by race:

Giantman +40
Half-Krolvin +35
Human +30
Erithian +20
Burghal Gnome +10
Dwarf +35
Forest Gnome +15
Halfling +10
Aelotoi +20

Thanks much. Btw, I'm going to assume the height restriction on aiming for small races (dwarves/halflings) don't exist when using a ranged weapon ?

Asha
09-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Heh no.

Anebriated
09-15-2007, 10:05 PM
way to leave elves off the list...

AestheticDeath
09-16-2007, 02:22 AM
If we are going to be throwing everything out there, I suppose you shouldn't forget that rogues will have better redux. And in higher class armor more often than not.

And yeah I was giving the box percentile a bit of a boost just in case. 70% is a bit optimistic.

Anebriated
09-16-2007, 02:29 AM

Post cap Id say a rogue is better because they will have an easier time with armor training and can easily pick up FA and survival to skin while a ranger wouldnt have the same redux and be unable to pick their own boxes.

AestheticDeath
09-16-2007, 02:33 AM

complac3ncy
09-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Umm, hopefully all the "my character pwns your character" etc stuff is overwith and we can continue to discuss what race/profession makes the best archers. So....um..
I'm going with half elf rangers! Good hp's, good overall racial bonuses, bonus from self controll and aspect, can shoot a longbow in 5 self buffed. Very good all around with really no notable disadvantages. A training regimen of 2x ranged/perc/ambush/1x spell is very doable but can be tight. But we're talking about archer capabilities, not being able to build a fire, wear plate armor, or pick capped lv boxes.

AestheticDeath
09-17-2007, 12:11 AM
good luck with a sucky character

just kidding...

AestheticDeath
09-17-2007, 12:17 AM
[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southern Road]
A flight of cracked stone steps lead up the final slope of the hill, ending at the base of a large tower. A faint breeze brings the sound of running water up from the river flowing past the base of the hill to the east. Further on a pyramid, as tall as the hill and nearly as wide, lifts a sparkling white marble structure high above the city. You also see an Ithzir initiate, an Ithzir herald, an Ithzir herald, a war griffin that is flying around, an Ithzir scout, some vegetation and some invading roots.
Obvious paths: north, south
>A faint song draws attention to an odd silhouette that fades into an Ithzir herald!
>An Ithzir herald directs her alien song at you!
You are unaffected.
>An Ithzir initiate closes her eyes while uttering a hollow, alien chant.
>inc 410You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Wave...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an Ithzir herald.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.
An Ithzir herald is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
An Ithzir initiate is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
An Ithzir herald is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
An Ithzir scout is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>A flickering silhouette solidifies into an Ithzir initiate!
>l[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southern Road]
A flight of cracked stone steps lead up the final slope of the hill, ending at the base of a large tower. A faint breeze brings the sound of running water up from the river flowing past the base of the hill to the east. Further on a pyramid, as tall as the hill and nearly as wide, lifts a sparkling white marble structure high above the city. You also see an Ithzir initiate, an Ithzir herald that is lying down, an Ithzir initiate that is lying down, an Ithzir herald that is lying down, an Ithzir herald that is lying down, a war griffin that is flying around, an Ithzir scout that is lying down, some vegetation and some invading roots.
>A war griffin dives down and hooks its claws into you! With a great flap of its wings the war griffin carries you into the air!

Just as the griffin begins to surge upward, it suddenly loses its grip and lets you plummet toward the ground!

You twist awkwardly as you try to break your fall with something other than your head!
... 5 points of damage!
Blow grazes your left arm lightly.

>get 1 arrow from my capefireYou remove a single slender black arrow from a bundle of slender black arrows.
>You nock a blade-tipped slender black arrow in your oak composite bow.
You fire a blade-tipped slender black arrow at an Ithzir herald!
The Ithzir herald rolls to one side and deflects the missile with her shield!
The slender black arrow disappears into the local environs.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
>get 1 arrow from my capefireYou remove a single slender black arrow from a bundle of slender black arrows.
AS: +516 vs DS: +316 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +59 = +285
... and hit for 95 points of damage!
Strike through eye, the Ithzir herald is lobotomized!
The Ithzir herald vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves an Ithzir herald.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
The silvery luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
The bright luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
As the blades spring open at the arrow's tip, you hear an audible crack!
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir herald's left eye!
>get 1 arrow from my capefire>You remove a single slender black arrow from a bundle of slender black arrows.
AS: +516 vs DS: +371 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +37 = +208
... and hit for 65 points of damage!
Strike through both ears, foe is quite dead!
The bright luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir herald's head!
>get 1 arrow from my capefire...wait 1 seconds.
>...wait 1 seconds.
You fire a blade-tipped slender black arrow at an Ithzir scout!
AS: +516 vs DS: +284 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +47 = +305
... and hit for 102 points of damage!
Strike through eye, the Ithzir scout is lobotomized!
The Ithzir scout vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir scout's right eye!
>get 1 arrow from my capefire>You remove a single slender black arrow from a bundle of slender black arrows.
AS: +516 vs DS: +399 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +14 = +157
... and hit for 36 points of damage!
Attack punctures the eye and connects with something really vital!
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir herald's left eye!
You fire a blade-tipped slender black arrow at an Ithzir initiate!
AS: +516 vs DS: +378 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +85 = +257
... and hit for 77 points of damage!
Shot destroys eye and the brain behind it!
The Ithzir initiate vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The very powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The white light leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The brilliant aura fades away from an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate seems slightly different.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate appears less confident.
The light blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The wall of force disappears from around an Ithzir initiate.
The guiding force leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir initiate's right eye!
>get 1 arrow from my capefire...wait 1 seconds.
>...wait 1 seconds.
>An Ithzir initiate closes her eyes while uttering a hollow, alien chant.
You fire a blade-tipped slender black arrow at a war griffin!
AS: +516 vs DS: +314 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +35 = +261
... and hit for 72 points of damage!
Shot knocks the war griffin's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!
The war griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.
The slender black arrow sticks in a war griffin's left eye!
AS: +516 vs DS: +318 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +56 = +288
... and hit for 86 points of damage!
Deft strike to abdomen penetrates several useful organs!
The Ithzir initiate is stunned!

** As the arrow pierces the initiate's , the small spring-loaded blades attached to the head suddenly spring open with incredible force! **
... 15 points of damage!
Slash to the Ithzir initiate's chest!
Breathe deep, it'll feel better in a minute.
Lacking the force and angle to lodge in an Ithzir initiate, the slender black arrow simply falls.
AS: +516 vs DS: +296 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +31 = +285
... and hit for 96 points of damage!
Strike to the eye penetrates skull, ocular fluid sprays widely!
The Ithzir initiate clutches at her wounds as she falls, the life fading from her eyes.
The very powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The white light leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The brilliant aura fades away from an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate seems slightly different.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate appears less confident.
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir initiate's left eye!
>You do not currently have a target.
>An Ithzir seer walks in, calmly surveying the surroundings.
>standYou stand back up.
A flight of cracked stone steps lead up the final slope of the hill, ending at the base of a large tower. A faint breeze brings the sound of running water up from the river flowing past the base of the hill to the east. Further on a pyramid, as tall as the hill and nearly as wide, lifts a sparkling white marble structure high above the city. You also see an Ithzir seer, a blade-tipped slender black arrow, an Ithzir initiate that appears dead, an Ithzir herald that appears dead, an Ithzir initiate that appears dead, an Ithzir herald that appears dead, an Ithzir herald that appears dead, a war griffin that appears dead, an Ithzir scout that appears dead, some vegetation and some invading roots.
get 1 arrow from my capefire>You need a free hand to do that.
You fire a blade-tipped slender black arrow at an Ithzir seer!
AS: +566 vs DS: +284 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +18 = +334
... and hit for 100 points of damage!
Shot destroys eye and the brain behind it!
The Ithzir seer clutches at her wounds as she falls, the life fading from her eyes.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir seer.
The Ithzir seer no longer bristles with energy.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
As the blades spring open at the arrow's tip, you hear an audible crack!
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir seer's left eye!
>get 1 arrow from my capefireYou need a free hand to do that.
>lootlootYou search the Ithzir seer.
She had a cracked slender black arrow, a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
You discard the seer's remaining useless equipment.
She didn't carry any silver.
She had nothing else of value.
An Ithzir seer's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
>loot>lootYou search the Ithzir initiate.
She had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
You discard the initiate's remaining useless equipment.
She didn't carry any silver.
An Ithzir initiate's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
>You search the Ithzir herald.
She had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a curved silvery blade.
You discard the herald's remaining useless equipment.
She had 76 silvers on her.
You gather the remaining 76 coins.
An Ithzir herald's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
>lootYou search the Ithzir initiate.
She had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
You discard the initiate's remaining useless equipment.
She carried a badly damaged tanik trunk on her!
An Ithzir initiate's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
>lootYou search the Ithzir herald.
She had a cracked slender black arrow, a curved crystal-edged blade.
She had 253 silvers on her.
You gather the remaining 253 coins.
An Ithzir herald's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
loot>You search the Ithzir herald.
She had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a curved silvery blade.
She had 341 silvers on her.
You gather the remaining 341 coins.
>lootYou search the war griffin.
It had a blade-tipped slender black arrow.
It had nothing else of value.
The war griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.
>lootYou search the Ithzir scout.
He had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a gleaming steel broadsword.
You discard the scout's remaining useless equipment.
He didn't carry any silver.
He had nothing else of value.
An Ithzir scout's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
>Could not find a valid target to loot.
You nock a blade-tipped slender black arrow in your oak composite bow.
You fire a blade-tipped slender black arrow at a war griffin!
AS: +566 vs DS: +347 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +32 = +275
... and hit for 92 points of damage!
Strike through eye, the war griffin is lobotomized!
The war griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.
The slender black arrow sticks in a war griffin's left eye!
>loot>You search the war griffin.
It had a blade-tipped slender black arrow.
It had a sylvarraend ruby on it!
It had nothing else of value.
The war griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.
>gather arrowput my arrow in arrow in my capeAn Ithzir scout fades into view while striking!
An Ithzir scout swings a spiral-hafted crystal-edged handaxe at you!
AS: +414 vs DS: +527 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +25 = -59
A clean miss.
>You pick up the slender black arrow, but can find no others like it.
>You add a blade-tipped slender black arrow to your bundle.
>get rubput rub in my neckpouchYou pick up a sylvarraend ruby.
>You put a sylvarraend ruby in your trimmed leather neckpouch.
The broken surface of the cobbled road winds down to the south, disappearing from view as it bends slightly to the west and is hidden by a heavy growth of underbrush. Two long shadowed lines of tumbled stones, which appear to have once been columns, flank each side of the road. You also see an Ithzir scout.
>get 1 arrow from my capefireKhistian's group just arrived.
>You remove a single slender black arrow from a bundle of slender black arrows.
>Khistian's group just went south.
AS: +566 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +34 = +283
... and hit for 99 points of damage!
The Ithzir scout falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir scout's left eye!
>lootgather arrowput my arrow in arrow in my capeYou search the Ithzir scout.
He had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a spiral-hafted crystal-edged handaxe.
An Ithzir scout's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
>You pick up the slender black arrow, but can find no others like it.
>l>An Ithzir scout makes no sound as he slips in.
>[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southern Road]
The broken surface of the cobbled road winds down to the south, disappearing from view as it bends slightly to the west and is hidden by a heavy growth of underbrush. Two long shadowed lines of tumbled stones, which appear to have once been columns, flank each side of the road. You also see an Ithzir scout and a spiral-hafted crystal-edged handaxe.
AS: +566 vs DS: +410 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +28 = +210
... and hit for 56 points of damage!
Shot knocks the Ithzir scout's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!
The Ithzir scout falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
The slender black arrow sticks in an Ithzir scout's left eye!
>lootYou search the Ithzir scout.
He had a blade-tipped slender black arrow, a gleaming steel broadsword.
>gather arrowput my arrow in arrow in my capeYou pick up the slender black arrow, but can find no others like it.
>You notice that things have returned to their normal speed.

complac3ncy
09-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Come play with the big boys....

>fire rad
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>
You nock a wooden arrow in your veniom-veined longbow.
You fire a wooden arrow at a triton radical!
AS: +498 vs DS: +312 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +96 = +305
... and hit for 92 points of damage!
Shot knocks the triton radical's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!
The triton radical collapses, gurgling once with a wrathful look on his face before expiring.
A white glow rushes away from a triton radical.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around a triton radical.
The brilliant aura fades away from a triton radical.
The very powerful look leaves a triton radical.
The white light leaves a triton radical.
A triton radical seems slightly different.
The warm glow fades from around a triton radical.
The scintillating brown light surrounding the arrow fades some.
The wooden arrow sticks in a triton radical's right eye!
>
A triton executioner leaps from hiding to attack!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the triton executioner!
>
[Roll result: 197 (open d100: 173)]
A spectral triton defender swings a lackluster blue steel harpoon at your veniom-veined longbow and connects!
Your veniom-veined longbow is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 20 sec.
>
A triton radical strides in, a wary look on her face.
>
A triton executioner drops her sharply tapered longsword and snatches up an ancient veniom-veined longbow!
A triton executioner slings a silver-rimmed black steel buckler over her shoulder.
The triton executioner gives a quick once-over of the veniom-veined longbow and nods with satisfaction.
>
A spectral triton defender puts a lackluster blue steel harpoon in her canvas sling.
The triton defender removes a seaweed-wound rusted steel hatchet from within her canvas sling, drawing it back adroitly up to her head.
A spectral triton defender throws a seaweed-wound rusted steel hatchet at you!
AS: +424 vs DS: +419 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +36 = +74
A clean miss.
Momentum carries a seaweed-wound rusted steel hatchet past you to land nearby.
>
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a triton radical engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the triton radical!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at the triton radical, scraping a thorn across her body! The triton radical flinches slightly.

A triton radical thrusts with a corroded bronze scaling fork at you!
AS: +430 vs DS: +408 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +1 = +60
A clean miss.

>
A triton executioner slips into hiding.
>
A spectral triton defender removes a lackluster blue steel harpoon from in her canvas sling.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a spectral triton defender engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
A spectral triton defender thrusts with a lackluster blue steel harpoon at you!
AS: +424 vs DS: +390 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +45 = +107
... and hits for 4 points of damage!
Attack bumps an eyebrow.
That was far too close!

The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the triton defender!

A spectral triton defender thrusts with a lackluster blue steel harpoon at you!
AS: +424 vs DS: +390 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +47 = +109
... and hits for 2 points of damage!
Thrust slides along the back.
Cuts a nagging itch.

The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the triton defender!

>l
A siren giggles as she emerges and begins to hum.
A siren gracefully glides in, singing a sweet melody.
>
[Ruined Temple, Third Floor]
Bleached bones lie beneath a collapsed archway, a victim of the devastation from long ago. The shattered windows have left shards of glass glittering dangerously on the floor. You also see a siren, a siren, a seaweed-wound rusted steel hatchet, a coral-hilted sharply tapered longsword, a triton radical, the Tenalin disk, a spectral triton defender and a triton radical that appears dead.
Obvious paths: north, east, west
>
A streaked pale driftwood arrow flies out of the shadows toward you!
AS: +468 vs DS: +439 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +96 = +159
... and hits for 19 points of damage!
Minor strike to the neck.
The pale driftwood arrow cracks and splinters, scattering a few strands of lichen about the area.
>loot
You search the triton radical.
w
He had a wooden arrow.
You discard the radical's remaining useless equipment.
He had a white dreamstone on him!
You pick up a white dreamstone.
Interesting, he carried a white crystal on him.
A triton radical's slick skin begins to rapidly desiccate and dissolve away, leaving nothing behind.
>You march off stiffly, moving west.
Along the base of an enormous pile of debris is a jagged gash in the floor, running the width of the corridor. Overturned candelabras have rusted over, while some candles reside in a dark corner. The gentle sound of water splashing against the temple's stonework fills the cool air.
>
>stow dream
Away assumes that dream is short for dreamstone.
Away: Putting dreamstone with other Gems using STOW.
You put a white dreamstone in your camouflaged longcoat.
>get cross
Get what?
>stance def
You are now in a defensive stance.
>e
>
You march off stiffly, moving east.
Bleached bones lie beneath a collapsed archway, a victim of the devastation from long ago. The shattered windows have left shards of glass glittering dangerously on the floor. You also see a white crystal, a siren, a siren, a coral-hilted sharply tapered longsword, a triton radical and a spectral triton defender.
>
>
A triton executioner comes out of hiding.
[Roll result: 36 (open d100: 13)]
A triton executioner crouches, sweeps a leg at you and connects!
A triton executioner whacks your legs to no effect!
>619
You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Mass Calm spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A calm washes over a siren.
A calm washes over a siren.
A calm washes over a triton radical.
A calm washes over a spectral triton defender.
A calm washes over a triton executioner.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
A siren sighs blissfully.
>l
>
Bleached bones lie beneath a collapsed archway, a victim of the devastation from long ago. The shattered windows have left shards of glass glittering dangerously on the floor. You also see the Tenalin disk, a white crystal, a siren that appears rather calm, a siren that appears rather calm, a coral-hilted sharply tapered longsword, a triton radical that appears rather calm, a spectral triton defender that appears rather calm and a triton executioner that appears rather calm.
>stance def
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
The strange lassitude affecting the triton radical seems to be growing worse, making it difficult for her to keep up with any strenuous activities.
>635
>
You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Nature's Fury spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a triton executioner.
A triton executioner is enraged by your attack!
You close your eyes in a moment of intense concentration, channeling the pure natural power of your surroundings. As you continue to gather the energy, a low thrumming resounds through the area. Suddenly, a multitude of sharp pieces of debris splinter off from underfoot, savagely assailing everything around you!
The surroundings advance upon a siren with relentless fury!
CS: +406 - TD: +294 + CvA: +20 + d100: +82 == +214
Warding failed!
A siren is struck by a sharp piece of mist-covered debris!
... 37 points of damage!
The calmed look leaves a siren.
... 40 points of damage!
It is knocked to the ground!
The siren is stunned!
... 40 points of damage!
... 35 points of damage!
Overheated steam blast boils the siren's right hand!
CS: +406 - TD: +294 + CvA: +20 + d100: +85 == +217
Warding failed!
... 38 points of damage!
The calmed look leaves a siren.
... 35 points of damage!
Awesome shot shatters spine and punctures lung!
It is knocked to the ground!
The siren is stunned!
... 45 points of damage!

[You have completed this portion of your Adventurer's Guild task.]
The siren gives a plaintive wail before she slumps to her side and dies.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a siren.
The surroundings advance upon a triton radical with relentless fury!
The dull golden nimbus surrounding a triton radical suddenly begins to glow brightly.
CS: +406 - TD: +288 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +202
Warding failed!
A triton radical is struck by a sharp piece of mist-covered debris!
... 35 points of damage!
The calmed look leaves a triton radical.
... 20 points of damage!
Strike to abdomen punctures stomach!
... 30 points of damage!
Fine shot pierces jugular vein! The brain wonders where all its oxygen went, briefly.
The triton radical collapses, gurgling once with a wrathful look on her face before expiring.
A white glow rushes away from a triton radical.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around a triton radical.
The brilliant aura fades away from a triton radical.
The very powerful look leaves a triton radical.
The white light leaves a triton radical.
The warm glow fades from around a triton radical.
The surroundings advance upon a spectral triton defender with relentless fury!
CS: +406 - TD: +275 + CvA: +25 + d100: +71 == +227
Warding failed!
A spectral triton defender is struck by a sharp piece of mist-covered debris!
... 40 points of damage!
The calmed look leaves a spectral triton defender.
... 25 points of damage!
Good hit!
Left shoulder is ripped from its socket then wriggles back into place.
... 25 points of damage!
Hard blow strikes deep into the left eye socket.
Within moments the eyeball pops back out!
... 35 points of damage!
Right arm ripped in half at elbow!
The fallen arm evaporates as a new one materializes.
The surroundings advance upon a triton executioner with relentless fury!
CS: +406 - TD: +279 + CvA: +25 + d100: +22 == +174
Warding failed!
A triton executioner is struck by a sharp piece of mist-covered debris!
... 29 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Shot knocks the triton executioner's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!
The triton executioner collapses, gurgling once with a wrathful look on her face before expiring.
As swiftly as the chaos came to be, it recedes again into the surroundings.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
Sinking into herself, the triton defender seems to darken slightly.
>635
You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Nature's Fury spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a siren.
You close your eyes in a moment of intense concentration, channeling the pure natural power of your surroundings. As you continue to gather the energy, a low thrumming resounds through the area. Suddenly, a multitude of sharp pieces of debris splinter off from underfoot, savagely assailing everything around you!
CS: +406 - TD: +294 + CvA: +20 + d100: +26 == +158
Warding failed!
... 26 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Well placed strike shatters a rib!
... 20 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!
Steaming strike turns lungs to pudding!
The siren gives a plaintive wail before she slumps to her side and dies.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a siren.
The surroundings advance upon a spectral triton defender with relentless fury!
CS: +406 - TD: +275 + CvA: +25 + d100: +62 == +218
Warding failed!
A cluster of mist-covered debris collides with a spectral triton defender!
... 38 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Good hit!
Right shoulder is ripped from its socket, then wriggles back into place.
... 35 points of damage!
Left arm ripped in half at the elbow!
... 35 points of damage!
Right arm ripped in half at elbow!
As swiftly as the chaos came to be, it recedes again into the surroundings.
>loot

AestheticDeath
09-17-2007, 08:23 AM
how many disarm ranks do you have?

complac3ncy
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I've 5, thats almost a must in OTF and the temple. Not like there's really anything worthwhile to get for archer's exept defensive ones heh. Disarm/Focus and I got sweep for kicks.

[Roll result: 197 (open d100: 173)] == Nice roll, my luck ran out.