PDA

View Full Version : Official: Landing Area Status Updates

Fallen
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Playing Catch-up! · on 9/10/2007

Well, now that the alchemy craziness is dying down, how about some updates on things? I'm still catching up, but here goes:

Wehnimer's Landing Historical Society - Several members have signed up and I'll be setting up a meeting later this month. Tentative date and time is the 22nd at 1:00 p.m. (Eastern).

Museum Updates - The initial direction of these will be based on the Historical Society meeting.

2008 Wish List (and other idea postings) - I'm compiling all the submissions, and I'll make replies to individual posts after this.

Otter - The submissions are being narrowed down to five finalists. Once the finalists have been selected (any day now, I hope), a voting system will be put into place to allow citizens to vote for their favorite.

Mascot/Flag/Symbol - Waiting for a final tally of the results on these.

Alchemy Guilds - The Landing guilds should be up to snuff, now, at least as far as the facilities themselves. The Wizard Guild now has updated food and a fully functional shop where members can now ORDER items (as opposed to the old style shop which had items on tables, etc.). The Sorcerer's Guild crystal has been replaced. The Empath's Guild, non-alchemy section, will probably undergo some changes in the near future (to make navigation a bit easier). Still a few changes to come for the Cleric's guild, as well, but they'll be cosmetic more than anything (still working on a list provided to me by a very helpful player).

Wehntoph Slopes (bug) - I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like something that the creature team will need to look at. Let me know if it's still an issue, please. I couldn't duplicate it this morning.

~Talisker

Fallen
09-10-2007, 07:21 PM
It appears Talisker may perhaps rock as a Town Guru.
----
>1.) The squalid canvas pavilion for feature alterations (south and east of the main gate). They've probably made enough money by now to move to something just a bit more permanent, no? It's been sitting there for years, so why not give them a nice shopfront?

Yep, this definitely needs its own storefront. It's among several "temporary" structures that have managed to become semi-permanent and I will be working to relocate them.

>2.) The "brightly lit small painted wagon" that sells candles. Again, how about a storefront for it? Or alternatively, put it on wheels so it moves around the town like an actual wagon? Right now it just sort of feels tacked on as a temporary thing.

Ditto.

>3.) Cholgar's Bathhouse. Dare I suggest rennovations to turn it into an actual bathhouse, and to get rid of that gaping hole in the floor? CoL has left town now, so how about a bit of refurbishment, especially with that singed outside?

This is a topic that I'll be discussing with a couple of other GMs. I would like to refurbish it, but no guarantees, yet.

>4.) The wooden rolton outside of the bathhouse. It's a pile of rotted wood standing in the middle of the main road from gate to town square. Perhaps it could be moved to the museum to preserve it instead?

Yes, this will be moving to the museum.

>5.) The dark tower next to the west gate. I realize it houses some ballistas, but perhaps they could be moved onto the actual town walls themselves instead of being in a standalone tower? Incidentally, that tower isn't even a touchable object, only the ladder is. Also, while I'm mentioning the siege towers... it's "climb ladder" to get in and "go ladder" to get out.

I'll check into these. Some towers were set up to be moveable, while others are stationary. The "go ladder" issue is fixed. You know "climb" to get in and out.

>6.) The tower just south of the west gate. Same comments.

Ditto.

>7.) The hovel housing the Elanthian Journal in TSSE is rather shabby and derelict [grin]. Also, the journal itself isn't really worked on these days. Perhaps it could be moved to "the building that houses the offices of the town's leading and only newspaper" instead, which is only one room to the south and closed anyway?

The hovel is gone. If/when the Elanthian Journal ever resumes business, it will be within the newspaper building.

>8.) The confectionary, at the intersection of Cheridin Avenue and Lyon Way seems to have a door, but no building attached.

This now reads as "a shop with a red and white door."

~Talisker