PDA

View Full Version : Need Wizard Training Input

Crul
12-01-2003, 04:40 PM
If you were gonna start a wizard fresh, right now. How would you train them. I wish for my wizard to be more support then anything and plan on enchanting a lot.

Need help with starting stats and training, thanks!

Askip
12-02-2003, 09:40 AM
<< I wish for my wizard to be more support then anything and plan on enchanting a lot. >>

Well, if you plan on the wizard for spellups that's one thing, but I'd guess an enchanter needs to be near at least level 40 to do a max 7x ET.

I'd get Tsoran's (or anyones) spreadsheet and play with moving stats around.

Kitsun
12-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Starting training isn't quite as important as it once was. While we're probably going to be in slow-mode skill migration when your character his age to be an enchanter, you can always fix any mistakes or tweak his skills. That being said, since it'll take a minimum of 25 levels to even begin enchanting, I'd start out as a blade hunter or something with minimal ranks of OHE. If you move quick, you might be able to hit ~10 and be able to use spells then just drop the ranks when your done.

Starting stats are primarily race dependant, personal choice mixed in with how you want your character to evolve.

An enchanter's skill set would include:
2x MIU
1x EMC
1x Wizard Spell ranks

For the long run, it'd probably be best to go the magical route and runestaves considering all the points you'll need in magical skills anyway.