PDA

View Full Version : Heroism Rechargeable

Sypher
09-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone got a heroism or bravery mage rechargeable they be selling?

Xandalf
09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I can make one for you. (Have a 420 scroll)

What type of item do you want it in?

Sypher
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Hrm, wait. I have plenty of blank mage rechargeables. But I'm not familiar with the mechanics of this whole thing.

I can get a blank rechargeable and fill it with heroism or bravery yah?

Then I can recharge through normal mage recharging or do I need the exact spell again?

Xandalf
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I can get a blank rechargeable and fill it with heroism or bravery yah?

Yes.

Then I can recharge through normal mage recharging or do I need the exact spell again?

Mage rechargable means just that. A mage can recharge it. You don't need to re-cast 420 after the initial cast.

Sypher
09-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, great.How much you charging (price)? But I'm still suspicious, what prevents people from just grabbing a blank mage rechargeable (not too expensive) and stuffing them full of heroism/bravery and getting a +40 to their AS? There must be some catch, no?

Sypher
09-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Ah, wait I think I know why... If I use it as a rechargeable it might not be considered "self cast" -although it is- and thus it'll only last a minute on me. Too bad.

Xandalf
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Wow, great.How much you charging (price)? But I'm still suspicious, what prevents people from just grabbing a blank mage rechargeable (not too expensive) and stuffing them full of heroism/bravery and getting a +40 to their AS? There must be some catch, no?

The catch is I am in posession of the only 420 scroll in the game that I know of.

Xandalf
09-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Ah, wait I think I know why... If I use it as a rechargeable it might not be considered "self cast" -although it is- and thus it'll only last a minute on me. Too bad.

It's considered a magic item.

For heroism, your total MIU ranks determines the duration. Each rank of MIU counts as one Major Spiritual rank.

So for example; if you had 50 MIU ranks, your a heroism mage rechargable will last 70 minutes.

20 minutes base + (1 minute per major spirit spell)(50 miu ranks)

Celephais
09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Xand, MIU counts for half a spell rank:

MIU duration formula:
base duration + (MIU ranks * (half normal duration for spell ranks known))

When using the TAP command to activate a magic item, MIU ranks are halved.
When using the RUB & WAVE commands, use the normal MIU ranks.
When using the RAISE command, MIU ranks are 133% normal.

So 50 MIU would last 45 minutes... 100 MIU ranks would last 70 minutes.

Xandalf
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I stand corrected.

Celephais
09-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Personally I would see a raisable heroism imbed as quite a bit more valuable than a rubbable one, sure you couldn't wear it, and would need more MIU to activate it, but if you're using a rechargable I would hope you're training heavily in MIU to extend duration and avoid having to recharge it all the time anway.

Xand out of curiosity if you PM'd a quote for a 420 charge to Sypher could you PM it to me (or post it?) I probably wouldn't be able to act on it soon but in the future (couple months) I'd be interested in one as well.

Xandalf
09-07-2007, 01:33 PM
To answer the many questions I've already received on the scroll: as of now, I don't plan to sell many charges.

They are:

1. Free to friends of the Tower.

2. 10m each otherwise.

I realize the price is steep, but I don't really want to sell them off so if you want one, you're going to have to pay for it.

EDIT - Right now, none are for sale.

Sypher
09-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I take it, a wizard with a heroism or bravery scroll couldn't imbed in my blank rechargeable eh?

Fallen
09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
No. Only with an enhancive item that gives you actual knowledge of a spell, or a 420 item can you imbed off-circle spells as a player ...well, sans clerics.

Drew
09-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Anyway a heroism rechargeable should go for about 5 mil or so.