Does brawling damage pelts?

Stanley Burrell
09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
It does if you leave a mark.

mgoddess
09-06-2007, 11:02 PM

QFT

Anything damages the pelt if it leaves a mark... no matter if it's brawling, OHE's, polearms, spells, etc.

The only thing that doesn't leave a mark are "blooding" spells like 711, 312, etc. (I have a feeling there're more then just those two, but I don't know which ones they are off the top of my head).

Kyrandos
09-06-2007, 11:03 PM

hunh? Does that mean if I create bruises and such? Bottom line is, am I better off going bows or brawling if I want to skin? I would rather go brawling for fun factor I think

fallenSaint
09-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Better off going with something you can aim your shots in try and avoid the skins location for whatever creature your hunting down.

Stanley Burrell
09-06-2007, 11:08 PM
If you create bruises and minors to majors, yes.

I would imagine that arrowing critters in the eyeball with one-shot kills would probably leave a more tangible skin, but I haven't really messed around with bows -- And the only reason I'd wonder if skinning might be affected would be because of arrows sticking, or something to that effect.

But yeah, if you're covering a fog beetle in knuckle sammiches it won't sell as well as if you'd just taken care of it with one boomheadshot.

Kyrandos
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM
But I dont WANNA boomheadshot...