PDA

View Full Version : Self ammo longbow

AestheticDeath
09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
From the Wavedancer, I believe from a brutality game. One of the new style elemental bows.

Asking 120m or so

Roundtime calculations for special bows that generate their own arrows have been updated to follow the same mechanics as their mundane counterparts. Previously, these bows were fired in a flat 3 seconds, modified by sniping and aiming. Now, the type of bow (short, composite, or long) as well as strength (statistic, spell 606, and spell 509) will play a factor in the weapons' roundtime.

Ammo-generating crossbows are unaffected by this change.

-M.

Crossbows have been given the same change recently, even though that official GM message says otherwise.

This RT change affects each race, and profession differently. For some it was good, while for others the use of the bow has lost some of its usefulness. Cman Surge, and haste effects like 506 or 1035 will also lower the RT.

The bow is still perma-blessed.
It still has a ton of different types of flares.
And of course it generates its own arrows.

So you can hunt with fire\r, and loot\r
rather than
get 1 arrow from quiver\rfire\rloot\rgather arrow\rput arrow in arrow in quiver\r

If you hunt in a group with another bow user, you won't have any trouble keeping arrows separate anymore.

Generates its own ammunition all dubbed as (Straight Ruic Arrows) each arrow is always blessed. Enchants range from +1 to +30 and randomly gen with an elemental based flare.

Flare Types: Fire, Lightning, Cold, Impact, Void, Acid, Steam, and Plasma

Flare damage up to 70 points of damage and flares on roughly 20-30% of the shots fired.(This was from someone elses assessment, I have only seen flares up to 35 in my limited use of the bow so far.)

The flares attack the same location of which the arrow itself landed unless the area has been destroyed by the initial strike.

rem bow
You unsling a ruic long bow off from off your shoulder.

>glance
You glance down to see nothing in your right hand and a ruic long bow in your left hand.

>pul bow
You raise your bow and draw back on the bowstring, pulling until your fingers are even with your ear, to test the strength of the draw. After satisfying yourself that the draw is correct you slowly release the tension on the bowstring, lowering your bow.

>pluck bow
You give your bow string a good pluck, testing it for proper tension.
The string makes a high pitched *twang* as you release it.

>push bow
Carefully planting your foot firmly on the ground, you brace the lower limb of your bow against it securely. With the ease of long practice you slip the top loop of the bowstring from the nock, twist it several times, and slide the knot's loop back into position.

>rub bow
You polish your long bow with your hand, trying to remove all the imperfections.

>toss bow
You toss your bow a few inches in the air, catching it adroitly and settling your hand comfortably around the grip.

>point bow
You carefully sight down your long bow and along the shaft.

AestheticDeath
09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
** As you hit, the edge of your ruic arrow seems to fold inward upon itself drawing everything it touches along with it! **
... 30 points of damage!
Sternum snaps followed by many ribs!
The arrow breaks into tiny fragments.

** As your ruic arrow hits a fire rat, it sprays acid! **
... 35 points of damage!
Severe burn to the side of the fire rat's chest exposes ribs!

** As your ruic arrow hits a fire cat, it emits a pulse of pure force! **
... 25 points of damage!
Nice blow to chest!

** Your ruic arrow pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **
... 35 points of damage!
Skin roasted away from back exposing the fire rat's spinal column!

** As your ruic arrow hits a fire cat, it gives off an electric shock! **
... 35 points of damage!
Nasty shock to left arm stiffens joints. Nice and painful.

** Your ruic arrow erupts with a plume of steam! **
... 26 points of damage!
Solid strike of steam peels back epidermis in large chunks!

** As your ruic arrow hits a fire rat, it gives off a cold blast! **
... 30 points of damage!
The fire rat grimaces as your attack fractures its right wrist.
The fire rat twitches and dies.

... 45 points of damage!
Brrrrr! That was a cold blow to the chest!

... 45 points of damage!
An icy slash across the lower back slices deep into the fire rat's muscle!

** As your ruic arrow hits a minotaur magess, it emits a burst of flame! **
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames char chest a crispy black.

** As your ruic arrow hits a zombie, it emits a burst of flame! **
... 50 points of damage!
Permanently debilitating burns across stomach.
The arrow splinters into tiny slivers.

... 70 points of damage!
Flame burns through a zombie's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the zombie's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The zombie shudders slightly then ceases his so called life.

... 50 points of damage!
The zombie is sliced open neatly by brilliant beam of plasma!

... 50 points of damage!
Left leg burned off at the knee. Ouch.
A zombie looks down at her mangled left leg and falls over!

** As your ruic arrow hits a zombie, it sprays acid! **
... 1 point of damage!
Spray just catches the hand as the zombie's little finger is badly blistered.

... 70 points of damage!
Flame burns through a zombie's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the zombie's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The zombie falls to the ground, a lifeless lump of flesh.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

... 45 points of damage!
Tremendous plasma discharge slices deep into the zombie's chest!
The zombie shudders slightly then ceases her so called life.

... 55 points of damage!
Head explodes, splattering sizzling bits of flesh and bone everywhere.
The zombie shudders slightly then ceases her so called life.

** As your ruic arrow hits a zombie, it emits a pulse of pure force! **
... 50 points of damage!
Massive blow to back separates vertebrae!

Just so you know I am keepin track of these flares for myself moreso than anything. Trying to find the max flare etc.. These are the highest flares I have gathered so far, and it took a good 40 minutes or more to get them. The average of the flares probably would be under 20 points. And for some reason the pure force and plasma flares seem to be consistantly lower then the other flares. At least on fire cats and rats so far. Ill be testing on some other things soon.

Shari
09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Just because I'm curious (since I sadly can't, and probably never will, afford it) why are you selling it?

fallenSaint
09-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I can promise you the flares do reach 70 but its rare. On average thou I'd see it at least once or twice a day though. And he is probably selling it because he was using it on a weaker race, the strength hindered races got screwed with this change for the most part.

Drew
09-06-2007, 02:14 AM
This RT change affects each race, and profession differently. For some it was good, while for others the use of the bow has lost some of its usefulness. Cman Surge, and haste effects like 506 or 1035 will also lower the RT.

You probably mean 606 or 509.

TheEschaton
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Those are strength effects, he was talking about haste effects.

AestheticDeath
09-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Right I had basically just repeated the quote from the GM in the last post.. and i figured that was stupid.. so I let the quote handle the strength aspect and added the stupid comment about haste stuff

And I bought it specifically to use on my bard, an elf with a low strength who would normally have a 6 second RT with a longbow.. the ebow gave him 3 RT until the changes. I used a wizard to cast haste on me while I hunted, giving me a 1 second RT. I no longer have a desire to MA or even to advance my own characters.

Now he is back to 6 since I am not happy wasting 509 and 606 and using a haste slave. Most other people are used to doing that if they need it, and won't have a problem with it. Assuming they even have an RT that high.

AestheticDeath
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
bump - and does anyone know why the shattering arrows changed to splintering arrows?

fallenSaint
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Given that they are wooden seems to fit better, I would assume that would be the reasoning behind Khal changing it.

AestheticDeath
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
seems reasonable - but odd that they are still tweaking the things... makes you wonder what else might be changing

fallenSaint
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
It was probably a change done while updating roundtimes. I've looked back on several of my designs and decided I liked it worded differently.

AestheticDeath
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
bump - still for sale

Danical
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I can promise you the flares do reach 70 but its rare. On average thou I'd see it at least once or twice a day though. And he is probably selling it because he was using it on a weaker race, the strength hindered races got screwed with this change for the most part.

Of course but only when you get a high crit rank on the abs/chest/back. Just like crit damage from almost every crit type. You cannot, to my knowledge, get a 70 damage flare on the head, neck, hand, eye, arm, leg . . . ever.

I'm not sure why people decided it was a great way to describe the item; maybe some people see 70 and say, "OMFG IT RULEZ."

Saying the flares can achieve rank 9 crits would be more accurate. A rank 9 flare to the head will cause roughly 45 damage but dead is dead unless, of course, you're fighting non-corp creatures.

fallenSaint
09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Of course but only when you get a high crit rank on the abs/chest/back. Just like crit damage from almost every crit type. You cannot, to my knowledge, get a 70 damage flare on the head, neck, hand, eye, arm, leg . . . ever.

I'm not sure why people decided it was a great way to describe the item; maybe some people see 70 and say, "OMFG IT RULEZ."

Saying the flares can achieve rank 9 crits would be more accurate. A rank 9 flare to the head will cause roughly 45 damage but dead is dead unless, of course, you're fighting non-corp creatures.

Hokay thanks for your great unstoppable knowledge. Now go back and find every other post that comments on flares and tell them to stop using damage range in place of Rank Degrees.

AestheticDeath
09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I really hadn't thought about it in those terms before. But it makes sense.

Its just that it seemed like flares didn't really cause the death much unless it was HP loss, so the high numbers on flares were the interesting part. Feras was one of the main things that could crit hard and kill easy from what I used to use with flares.

It would be interesting if someone did more research on flares and the effects. If there are 'strong' flares that crit harder and are more likely to kill but dont show as much damage...

Anyhow someone make an offer on the bow? A high one.

fallenSaint
09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
1m

Summertime
09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
1m

He meant a number that was considered high fallen, not a number you blurted out while 'high' >_< (lol)

complac3ncy
09-15-2007, 07:33 AM
To buy or not to buy...thats a question I been asking myself for a long ass time on them bows...to buy one after the changes, and to risk losing it to a triton...I have a hard time gambling anywhere close to 120m on that. This bow, or a very similar one, used to be in a player auction shop for 100m, about 6-7 months pre-nerf or so ago.

Soulpieced
09-15-2007, 07:37 AM

Silent_Willy
09-23-2007, 06:45 PM
How is anyone going to pay 120m for the bow post-nerf. It's worth considerably less than it used to....not more.

Amber
09-23-2007, 07:17 PM
The nerf wasn't THAT bad. I still use my poison longbow with my forest gnome. Yeah, RT went from 3S to 5S for her, but if my puny little forest gnome can hunt effectively with an elemental bow, ANYONE can. Oddly enough, my other forest gnome and a giant friend used to use it with a 4S RT instead of the 3S. Now it's 5S for both my gnomes, but no idea what his RT would be.

Stretch
09-23-2007, 07:28 PM
It was nerfed for some professions.

For others, it's worth considerably more, since they can get their aimed RT down to 3 now instead of 4.

AestheticDeath
09-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, as much as I was pissed that I can not use it as quickly on my weaker characters, its still just as good if not better for other guys.

I'm currently using it with 2 second RT on my wizard to advance in Voln, and on some capped rogues in OTF with 1 second RT using some cheap haste imbeds and strength.

Its still one of the few perma blessed ranged weapons. Helps me quite a bit.

If you don't like it don't buy it. But I won't be selling it for less than the 100m I paid.