PDA

View Full Version : Basic empath questions

Rinualdo
09-05-2007, 11:01 PM
My girlfriend rolled up an empath to play with me, but its been so long I still had some questions myself over the class I was hoping someone could help me with.

Is there still an exp penalty when using the ANY verb instead of specifying a body part?

If so, how do most empaths heal? Still use scripts to take all the wounds off of someone? Does anyone have a copy of one?

Is it still lvl 10 before you can take and heal all wounds? I've seen the new spell list but what are the stepping levels for wounds? IE, what lvl for leg bleeders, missing limbs, body bleeders, etc?

Thanks.

Snapp
09-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Is there still an exp penalty when using the ANY verb instead of specifying a body part? Yes, past a certain level (maybe 10?) is when the penalty for using "any" starts

If so, how do most empaths heal? The old fashioned way here.. look at someone and take their wounds.. I'm weird that way though

Is it still lvl 10 before you can take and heal all wounds? yes

I've seen the new spell list but what are the stepping levels for wounds? IE, what lvl for leg bleeders, missing limbs, body bleeders, etc? Level 7 you can take all major limb wounds, level 8 major nerve wounds, level 9 major head/neck, level 10 any wound

TheEschaton
09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I use a couple of lich scripts to heal, ;heal and ;empheal. They're awesome.

-TheE-

ThatDamnTep
09-05-2007, 11:27 PM
If you use Stormfront, you also have the option of using the APPRAISE verb.

This will pop up an injury window for the person you appraise. You just click on the little red dots and heal that way.

It's quick, but some people don't like to use the mouse to play Gemstone.

I'd definitely go with the lich and ;heal though. It's quickest.

ViridianAsp
09-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I usually do it manually when I heal.

iJin
09-06-2007, 09:20 AM
If you use Stormfront, you also have the option of using the APPRAISE verb.

This will pop up an injury window for the person you appraise. You just click on the little red dots and heal that way.

Am I the only one who does it this way? hehe

Gan
09-06-2007, 09:32 AM
A few links for healing scripts.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=25592

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=26585

Rinualdo
09-06-2007, 04:02 PM
I use a couple of lich scripts to heal, ;heal and ;empheal. They're awesome.

-TheE-

So I got her using lich, but when using ;heal, this comes up:
>
[heal]>prep 1101
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Heal...
Your spell is ready.
>
[heal]>cure
You concentrate.
You're already at full health!
Cast Roundtime 3 seconds.

It recycles this until out of mana. Is there a setting I'm missing here?

Sean of the Thread
09-06-2007, 04:03 PM
You'll need a good sanctify script too.

fallenSaint
09-06-2007, 04:25 PM
So I got her using lich, but when using ;heal, this comes up:
>
[heal]>prep 1101
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Heal...
Your spell is ready.
>
[heal]>cure
You concentrate.
You're already at full health!
Cast Roundtime 3 seconds.

It recycles this until out of mana. Is there a setting I'm missing here?

;heal target

So if your going to heal JoeBob you want to ;heal joebob

Zarli
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I have a capped empath and use the appraise verb with stormfront if there's a lot of wounds or if I'm healing while hunting with a group, it's easier than typing it so I can focus on keeping us from dying quickly. Otherwise I just type out heal XXX head (or whatever) Dont get used to typing ANY, there's an RT on it first of all and the penalty is brutal after level 10. I dont script it anymore, I find it annoying but that's just personal preference. Also.. I dont think you can take any wound at 10.. isn't there 3 steps to that? At some point you can take level 2 wounds (bleeders) but not level 3, you have to work your way up to those which is near title maybe? I could possibly be wrong about this, it's been awhile.

Asha
09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Didn't Artha post the perfect Empath guide somewhere? I haven't time to look.

Rinualdo
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
;heal target

So if your going to heal JoeBob you want to ;heal joebob

Correct, and then the lich script takes all their wounds and immediately starts casting 1101 on the empath. What I can't figure out is how to stop it- the script will continue casting 1101 over and over, well beyond her full health.

Some Rogue
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Correct, and then the lich script takes all their wounds and immediately starts casting 1101 on the empath. What I can't figure out is how to stop it- the script will continue casting 1101 over and over, well beyond her full health.

That's strange, it works perfectly for me. It heals me to full health, heals rank 2 and 3 wounds down to rank 1, then exits.

Celephais
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Didn't Artha post the perfect Empath guide somewhere? I haven't time to look.
All you need to know:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=7407

Goretawn
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I have a capped empath and use the appraise verb with stormfront if there's a lot of wounds or if I'm healing while hunting with a group, it's easier than typing it so I can focus on keeping us from dying quickly. Otherwise I just type out heal XXX head (or whatever) Dont get used to typing ANY, there's an RT on it first of all and the penalty is brutal after level 10. I dont script it anymore, I find it annoying but that's just personal preference. Also.. I dont think you can take any wound at 10.. isn't there 3 steps to that? At some point you can take level 2 wounds (bleeders) but not level 3, you have to work your way up to those which is near title maybe? I could possibly be wrong about this, it's been awhile.

At 10 you can take any wound, 2 or 3. At 11 you start with level 1 scars on the legs, and it goes up again that way.

Gnomad
09-10-2007, 10:02 PM
At 10 you can take any wound, 2 or 3. At 11 you start with level 1 scars on the legs, and it goes up again that way.It should be clarified that:

1) You can never transfer scars, you can only heal your own. Scars on a patient disappear when the associated wound is transferred.

2) Healing scars is at least somewhat tied to the spell research, not level. My roommate has a level 15 pure empath who is over-trained in the 1100s and can heal all of his scars. I haven't tried to do the research on it, though.

GSLadyGothique
09-11-2007, 12:16 AM
What you can heal is directly related to the OLD Empath circle (the 800's). When it switched from 800's to 1100's, the spell ranks needed to heal all areas stayed the same, so you can figure out how many spell ranks you need to heal what by reviewing the old 800 list.

801 Heal I
802 Limb Repair I
803 System Repair I
804 Head Repair I
805 Organ Repair I
806 Heal II
807 Limb Repair II
808 System Repair II
809 Head Repair II
810 Organ Repair II
811 Limb Repair III
812 System Repair III
813 Head Repair III
814 Organ Repair III
815 Limb Repair IV
816 System Repair IV
817 Head Repair IV
818 Organ Repair IV
819 Eye Regeneration
820 Limb Regeneration

Drew2
09-11-2007, 08:22 AM
lol @ 800's. Those were the days.

Gnomad
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
What you can heal is directly related to the OLD Empath circle (the 800's). When it switched from 800's to 1100's, the spell ranks needed to heal all areas stayed the same, so you can figure out how many spell ranks you need to heal what by reviewing the old 800 list.I thought I had read somewhere that you needed both the research and the level... maybe that was just to transfer the major wounds.

I miss 819 and use clove whenever I can. Growing a whole new arm or leg out of nowhere is still and always will be pure awesome.