PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys

senorgordoburro
09-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Who here is a Cowboys fan, and how do you think Romo is going to do this year?

TheEschaton
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
The Cowboys are Satan's spawn, and Tony Romo is going to end up on his ass at the end of every game, crying like the little fucking girl he is, much like the glorious end to your season last year.

A Bills fan,
-TheE-

senorgordoburro
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
The Cowboys are "America's Team"

And I don't hate Romo for what happened last year. He may as well have been a rookie because he never really played before that, and for the majority of the season after he started he had the highest QB rating in the NFL. I'm not saying he's amazing, but he did turn the season around for them, and they got a hell of a lot closer to the playoffs than they had in a while.

And this year there going to the playoffs.

TheEschaton
09-05-2007, 11:09 PM
The Cowboys are as much America's Team as Al Qaeda is.

They're a bunch of cracked out fiends who swagger better than they can play football.

And Jerry Jones might very well be the Antichrist. He's the one who single-handedly destroyed football with his naming-rights fiasco in the 90s, leading to an ostracization of the smaller markets.

Hulkein
09-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Cowboys suck and so do you.

Gan
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
ROFL

Feel the love for cowboys.

I'm a die-hard Houston fan (Oilers and now Texans).

The only cowboys that didnt suck were Staubach, Landry, and Dorsett. Oldschool represent.

Anebriated
09-06-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree with Gan, the old school Cowboys were America's team. Ill even give credit to the Aikman years. Todays cowboys not so much.

I think the Cowboys this year will depend more on the consistancy of their front line than the play of Romo imo. A lot does rest on the young QB's shoulders but if his line isnt going to protect him then he wont have a chance. The line kind of tapered off last year, started off strong but by the end of the year looked weak(see game vs Eagles). Honestly I dont see Romo as anything more than a glorified Matt Schaub but he can do the job.

Another note, Leonard Davis is not going to be the OLine saviour he has been made out to be by many cowboys fans/media. He got booted from the Cardinals Oline.... Booted from one of the weakest OLines in football... But yeah, good pickup.

Thats about as objective as I can be being an Eagles fan. And for the record I have to throw in the Cowboys suck.

peam
09-07-2007, 09:55 AM
It shall be a glorious year for the pinnacle of American sporting clubs: The Dallas Cowboys.

Ware is going to BRUTUALLY ASS RAPE WHILE CASTING LIGHTNING BOLTS FROM BOTH PALMS coming around the corner this year.

Romo will continue to improve.

Jones and Barber are one of the most dynamic running back teams in the NFL.

And T.O. has been quiet all pre-season.

Be afraid.

senorgordoburro
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
2-0

Bobmuhthol
09-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Tony Homo.

peam
09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Tony 2-0mo

Anebriated
09-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Who did they beat? An injury plagued Giants who have absolutely no secondary(beat them in the air). Yet the Cowboys D let up what, 35 points? Then Miami, who normally has a pretty good D but a lousy O. Beat someone notable then come back.

(Both teams they beat are 0-2)

In 2 games they are 82 - 55 against the #26 and #27 Defenses, and the #10 and #24 Offenses...

Skeeter
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
no easy games in the NFL

TheEschaton
09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
The Bills are looking pretty easy right now.

peam
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Who did they beat? An injury plagued Giants who have absolutely no secondary(beat them in the air). Yet the Cowboys D let up what, 35 points? Then Miami, who normally has a pretty good D but a lousy O. Beat someone notable then come back.

(Both teams they beat are 0-2)

In 2 games they are 82 - 55 against the #26 and #27 Defenses, and the #10 and #24 Offenses...

From looking at your avatar, I'd gather that you're an Eagles fan. Since that's a pretty miserable role, I'll leave you alone.

senorgordoburro
09-24-2007, 09:54 PM
3-0

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Is that 3 and 0mo?

senorgordoburro
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Nobody worry, I'll keep the updates coming all the way to the Superbowl.

Anebriated
09-24-2007, 10:40 PM
The Cowboys didnt look bad against the Bears. Ill give them that. Of course their cause was helped by poor play by Grossman(anyone surprised?) and a lackluster performance by what was once the leagues best defense. Its a good start but there are still 14 weeks left and IIRC the boys did great until the last 5 weeks of the '06-'07 season where they went 1-5.

From looking at your avatar, I'd gather that you're an Eagles fan. Since that's a pretty miserable role, I'll leave you alone.

Indeed. Born and raised in the Philly area, follow every sports team from the area. It was a sad start to the year for us, ST's lost us the first game. Poor QB play cost us the second. The third, despite the ugly uniforms, is very promising as it shows what we have been waiting for all season. We just hope they keep it up.

senorgordoburro
09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
4-0

Sean of the Thread
09-30-2007, 07:22 PM
:clap:

Brattt8525
10-01-2007, 12:32 AM
4-0

They look awesome this year, Romo was the man today with that awesome scramble for the bad snap then running it back for the first down!

Add in his run in for a TD, Jerry will be paying him a hefty sum at this rate to keep him.

The only team I am converned with is the Pat's they might just end the winning streak. Next is Buffalo Jills, can't wait to see them beat them!

senorgordoburro
10-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Thank You Thank You Thank You, someone else appreciates the Cowboys. Fan for this team are hard to come by.

Anebriated
10-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Thats because they get excited and boastful after their team wins 4 games against mediocre at best teams.

Davenshire
10-01-2007, 07:47 AM
What Anebriated said.

TheEschaton
10-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Dare I say it now: Buffalo over Dallas.

Anebriated
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Cowboys have now beaten an 0-4 team, an 0-4 team, a 1-3 team and a 2-2 team. Congrats.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
So when/if someone beats the Cowboys will you be all "They beat a 4-0 team!"

A win is a win, I don't care what you say, none of them are easy.

Latrinsorm
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Beating the Rams is pretty easy, or at least significantly easier than beating (say) the Colts.

Skeeter
10-01-2007, 01:26 PM
bears and the saints played in the nfc championship last year, with pretty much the same players.

Sean of the Thread
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Or pretty much not.

Anebriated
10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
bears and the saints played in the nfc championship last year, with pretty much the same players.

And as many suspected last year, both are highly overrated.

RichardCranium
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
It's pretty hard to call anyone overrated in the NFL. Your record speaks for itself. You either play to your potential or you don't ( or in the Saints case you fail miserably ). But I don't believe there is such a thing as overrated in proofessional football.

Skeeter
10-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Or pretty much not.

other than thomas jones, what major contributors are those teams missing?

Sean
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Thats not necessarily true. Despite the spending cap the larger market teams have a better ability to draw talent/marketing to their teams and an easier time keeping a nucleus together than a small market team. But with scheduling the way it is a team with a soft schedule can easily play above their talent level because all things aren't equal.

Look at the Jets last year. I'd say they are an example of an overrated team. Look at their schedule last year..

W1 Win TEN
W2 Loss NE
W3 Win BUF
W4 Loss IND
W5 Loss JAX
W6 Win MIA
W7 Win DET
W8 Loss CLE
W9 bye
W10 Loss NE
W11 Loss CHI
W12 Win HOU
W13 Win GB
W14 Loss BUFF
W15 Win MIN
W16 Win MIA
W17 Win OAK

How many of those wins would you say were wins against top tier quality teams? They played a soft schedule and made the playoffs making them an overrated team.

TheEschaton
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Meanwhile, the Bills are tied for the toughest schedule this year, with the Raiders, and, like Sean said, are in a small market where keeping a core group of players. I mean, look at this past off season, where they had to have a firesale of all their defensive stars.

-TheE-

Some Rogue
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
other than thomas jones, what major contributors are those teams missing?

Against Detroit this week, the Bears were down 4 starters on D.

Cornerbacks Nathan Vasher (groin) and Charles Tillman (ankle), safety Adam Archuleta (hand) and linebacker Lance Briggs (hamstring) were all inactive.

crazymage
10-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Tommie Harris also

Sean of the Thread
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Joe Horn

Skeeter
10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
everyone has injuries, you can't really use injuries as an excuse.

Joe Horn was the 3rd WR on the saints last year.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
When the Cowboys lose it will be because they have injuries and a tough schedule. And it's a rebuilding year. Also the cheerleaders on the sidelines distracted them and the opposing team was filming them.

Brattt8525
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I agree a win is a win regardless, it isn't like they suck on the field they are looking the best since the Jimmy days.

I was a fan before their 90's SB wins, I was a fan even when Jerry put Barry SwivelHead in as coach. I was not thrilled with the Tuna but I will give him props for setting them up to be where they are now with the hiring of Wade.

They have a ton of talent, and there is no disputing Romo is a good QB who does not have to hind behind his front line in order to pass the ball. He can run, scramble and score TD's he is very versatile.

Bobmuhthol
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
A good quarterback doesn't scramble to gain yards. It's a waste.

Sean
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Not necessarily true. The Pats use that Tom Brady sneak play every chance they think it will work on short yardage plays. A designed QB run play can be a solid tactic especially if a team is playing good man coverage on your receivers and you have a running lane.

Brattt8525
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
If the QB has no one to throw to, why would him gaining yards himself be a waste? What has that got to do with whether he is good or not? No reciever open is well no one to throw too LOL

Anebriated
10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
A "good" quarterback will scramble once in awhile because it makes the defense have to account for one more player. A more honest defense = better chances.

TheEschaton
10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
To a good QB, there is no such thing as "no receiver open".

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
<<A "good" quarterback will scramble once in awhile because it makes the defense have to account for one more player.>>

This is on an entirely different level compared to "a good QB who does not have to hind [sic] behind his front line."

Brattt8525
10-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Ok while I can see your point Bob, mine was Tony is a good example of a QB who isn't going to assume the fetal position because the front line isn't holding back the other team.

I think Tony is a great up and coming QB from what we have seen, he can scramble, recover a very bad snap that *could* have been a 25 yard loss.

I remember Aiken in the ending years pretty much hit the fetal position whenever there was pressure on him. Tony steps up and makes plays when he has to, not that he recklessly does it. If the situation arises he will run in for yardage/TD which to me is a much more versatile QB.

Daniel
10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Yea. We're talking football with a kid who probably can't throw up the bar. That's productive.

senorgordoburro
10-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Bob, who's your team? There is no point in you even talking shit about the Cowboys on here because if you look at there stats, they are proving themselves. Even though the Bears aren't doing that well they still have one of the top defenses in the league. Not to mention the fact that Tony Romo is on of the top quaterbacks, and that the Cowboys offense is one of the highest scoring. If they sucked as bad as you imagine they do, then wouldn't they just be scraping by from week to week instead of blowing teams out of the water?

Anebriated
10-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Even though the Bears aren't doing that well they still have one of the top defenses in the league.

False, they are 15th... Again, you have played the 15th ranked D, 16th, 21st and 24th. You have yet to play a team with a winning record. Romo has looked good against average teams, this looks like last year...

TheEschaton
10-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Don't worry El, it'll all be worth it when Tony H0m0 fumbles a game winning FG snap in the final seconds of a playoff game, again, and cries like a little girl, again, on the 2 yard line.

-TheE-

RichardCranium
10-02-2007, 09:11 AM
I remember Aiken in the ending years pretty much hit the fetal position whenever there was pressure on him.

How many concussions had he recieved by this time?

Bob, who's your team?

Patriots.

Doughboy
10-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Bob, who's your team? There is no point in you even talking shit about the Cowboys on here because if you look at there stats, they are proving themselves. Even though the Bears aren't doing that well they still have one of the top defenses in the league. Not to mention the fact that Tony Romo is on of the top quaterbacks, and that the Cowboys offense is one of the highest scoring. If they sucked as bad as you imagine they do, then wouldn't they just be scraping by from week to week instead of blowing teams out of the water?

They sure didn't blow Miami out of the water. Miami. God do the Dolphins suck this year. It's pretty bad when Trent Green has a better game than your QB, minus the picks.

Anebriated
10-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Don't worry El, it'll all be worth it when Tony H0m0 fumbles a game winning FG snap in the final seconds of a playoff game, again, and cries like a little girl, again, on the 2 yard line.

-TheE-

I have more respect for the cowboys than that tbh. I hate em but they have the potential to be a great team. They havent played like a great team so far but its in the makings. They remind me of the Rams atm, all offense, no defense.

Skeeter
10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
False, they are 15th... Again, you have played the 15th ranked D, 16th, 21st and 24th. You have yet to play a team with a winning record. Romo has looked good against average teams, this looks like last year...

There has only been 4 games played. all 4 of those teams have lost games to the Cowboys, if they lose one more game they don't have a winning record. Kind of silly to trumpet the fact that none of those teams have a winning record. Cowboys have put up good yardage in every game this year, this would also contribute to those Ds being lower than average.

Tsa`ah
10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Heh ... looking at the Dallas schedule, pretty cupcake.

That doesn't take away from them being a good team, but thus far that's all they are. I don't think they have much on GB, NE, or IND ... let alone any of the other division contenders.

Anebriated
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Would it be better if I said 0-4, 0-4, 1-3 and 2-2?

Anebriated
10-02-2007, 09:59 AM
GB is another one, they barely beat the Eagles, squeeked by the Vikings, they could be 2-2 pretty easily.

Tsa`ah
10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll give you GB, but I think they have a different type of momentum going with Favre ... though similar cupcake schedule.

Anebriated
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah, GB's defense could become a bright spot for Favre's *last* year. They are a pretty solid young group that are coming together pretty well.

Stunseed
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Hawk looks like he's on crack in the way he moves towards the ball. For a young one, he definately is on the right track to make a major impact.

Anebriated
10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Agreed, that being said has anyone seen his replacement at Ohio State? Laurinaitis is the man!

TheEschaton
10-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Let me be the first to say it.

Overrated.

Brattt8525
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
5-0 they majorly pulled it out in the end!

Skeeter
10-09-2007, 12:17 AM
AND WE LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK!

senorgordoburro
10-09-2007, 12:49 AM
5-0

I don't give a shit, bring on the hatred, Tony Romo played the worst game of his life and the team still pulled through.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Dare I say it now: Buffalo over Dallas.

Let me be the first to say it.

Overrated.

Dare I be the first to say it now: Dallas over overrated Buffalo.

TheEschaton
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Buffalo hasn't, for the last 10 years, been overrated.

Sean of the Thread
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
That game is still pissing me off. Lost the under at the end.

senorgordoburro
10-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Next week they will actually prove to the world what they are made of. They will have to play amazingly well to beat the Patriots, even if they don't win, it's all about how close they can keep the game to determine where they are really at.

Either way I think that the Cowboys are one of the greatest franchises in the HISTORY of the NFL, and they are making me happy as shit with there season so far.

Sean of the Thread
10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
They're gonna get destroyed by the Patsies.

Androidpk
10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
As much as I like the pats, they aren't going to destroy the cowboys. It's going to be a damn good game that's for sure though.

senorgordoburro
10-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm going to end up breaking the t.v. if Romo has a repeat of Monday night.

Anebriated
10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Pats vs Cowboys is going to be a shootout and come down to who can score more points. Im going to say the Pats will because their D has a better chance at stopping the Cowboys O than the Cowboys D does of stopping the Pats O.

Sean of the Thread
10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
You guys are on crack. Cowgirls lose. Badly. 10 or more points.

Latrinsorm
10-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Which game on the Cowboys schedule has you guys so impressed with their defensive capabilities? The Giants, Dolphins, and Bills all scored higher than their season averages, and defensive showings against Grossman or the NFDL Rams are what you'd expect from a mediocre defense. They have a lot of takeaways, but does anyone think that Brady is anywhere near as likely to cough it up as Grossman or Green (God rest his scrambled eggs)?

I'm not saying they're necessarily bad, but I would expect Baltimore numbers if you expected them to hold the Patriots anywhere near as well as the Patriots will hold the Cowboys.

Sean of the Thread
10-10-2007, 05:15 PM
The public is going to be all over this game.

PATS COVER / WIN bigtime.

Solkern
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
pats over the cowboys 42 to 14
pats defense is going to expose just how shitty Tomy homo is

oh btw, i'm being generous with the cowboys score, They'll be lucky if they break double digits

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I like the Cowboys and I don't think they'll win. Certainly not with 5 turnovers.

Now, if they do LOSE, it's because of injuries, it's a rebuilding year, distracting cheerleaders, filming of their play calling, and whatever horseshit excuses you guys used earlier for the Cowboys WINNING.

All that matters in the end is a W or a L, all the rest is excuses.

Latrinsorm
10-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't think anyone said that the Cowboys shouldn't have won any of their previous games (with the potential exception of vs. the Bills), just that their being undefeated doesn't necessarily put them on par with any other undefeated team or mean that they're any good.

Sean of the Thread
10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry SHM .. the boys are overrated. Them being undefeated and a paper champion adds soooooo much value to the line this week.

Good for my money... but bad for you fans.

Solkern
10-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll make a 100 dollar bet with anyone on these forums, Pats win

Davenshire
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Sunday, Oct 14th

1-5

Solkern
10-10-2007, 06:49 PM
No spread, just pats win :P

I dont gamble, and know shit about betting on spreads and shit ike that

what is the point spread on this game btw?

senorgordoburro
10-12-2007, 01:10 AM
I just think that everyone should spend less time hating on the Cowboys, and a little bit more time rooting for there team.

Sean of the Thread
10-12-2007, 04:33 AM
No spread, just pats win :P

I dont gamble, and know shit about betting on spreads and shit ike that

what is the point spread on this game btw?

It opened at Pats -4. It's currently between 5 and 7 with most books having it at -5.5.

Dallas has been the most bet on team this year. Currently 61% of the money is on the Patriots in this match up with most of that having been layed at -5.

Latrinsorm
10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I just think that everyone should spend less time hating on the Cowboys, and a little bit more time rooting for there team.Rebutting overzealous enthusiam is neither the same as nor necessarily derived from hatred.

Sean of the Thread
10-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I think that wearing a Cowboy's jersey is a false representation of your team spirit.

Skeeter
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
It opened at Pats -4. It's currently between 5 and 7 with most books having it at -5.5.

Dallas has been the most bet on team this year. Currently 61% of the money is on the Patriots in this match up with most of that having been layed at -5.

That's an odd line. based on schedule and the recent monday night debacle pats should be -8.5. Makes me consider betting the cowboys.

Anebriated
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
No way cowboys are within a touchdown by the end of the game.

allen
10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
to cowboys fans - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha - sorry

Solkern
10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
to cowboys fans - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha - sorry

^

See above post

allen
10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
BTW I have romo jerseys for sale navy and thanksgiving, $60 and $70, all sewn, no garbage - PM me!

TheEschaton
10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
5-1

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
I can't believe they were actually leading for a short while. Like I said before, I didn't expect them to win, but hey, it's a rebuilding year, and the pats cheat, they were fined for it!

Anebriated
10-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I just think that everyone should spend less time hating on the Cowboys, and a little bit more time rooting for there team.

Im an Eagles fan, its part of my job to hate on the Cowboys.

allen
10-14-2007, 09:53 PM
<---- giants fan, eff the cowboys and the eagles

senorgordoburro
10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
5-1

It's all good. I still love em, and there the only team in the league to have a second half league on the Patriots, and they sacked Brady as many times in this game as he has been sacked all season. Just gotta look on the bright side.

Skeeter
10-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't really see the patriots losing to anyone this year unless they totally shit the bed.

allen
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
the only bright side to the cowboys is their cheerleaders

Solkern
10-15-2007, 12:11 AM
I don't really see the patriots losing to anyone this year unless they totally shit the bed.

Indy has the only chance to beat them

if baltimore could score, they'd have a damn good chance as well

senorgordoburro
10-22-2007, 03:04 AM
6-1

TheEschaton
10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah, brag about being down to the Vikings 14-7 at the half and needing your defense to bail Tony H0m0 out.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Remind me, who was losing at the half to the Cowboys in the Patriots/Cowboys game? I forget?

Now STFU.

Anebriated
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I could be wrong, but im pretty sure that means nothing at the end of the game.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
exactly

allen
10-22-2007, 09:39 PM
cowboys suck

senorgordoburro
10-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Cowboys are the Greatest Franchise in the NFL!

edited to add: And the hottest Cheerleaders

Sean of the Thread
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
or not.

Tsa`ah
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Cowboys are the Greatest Franchise in the NFL!

How exactly are you qualifiying that?

Sure, they have been 8 times, but lost 3. The 49's have been 5 and won all 5. The steelers have been 6 times and won 5.

So we can safely say that Dallas is the 3rd greatest since they have 3 chokes and 5 wins. SF would be number 1, Pitt would be number 3. The Vikings and Bills are tied for last since they both have 4 chokes and no wins.

Skeeter
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Bills going 4 times in a row may qualify as the greatest dynasty of all time.

Anebriated
10-25-2007, 09:38 PM
I keep getting about 2/3 of the way through Skeeter's sentence only to get distracted by his avatar.

senorgordoburro
11-05-2007, 01:15 AM
7-1

Tsa`ah
11-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Your point, other than they really haven't played anyone worth while outside of the pats?

Next week they'll be 7-2, week 13 they'll see 9-3. After that shake down they'll go into Detroit wondering if they should have packed the ky.

Things like this tend to happen when the first half of your schedule looks like this ...

http://digitalcollections.uwyo.edu/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/cupcake.jpg

Stunseed
11-05-2007, 01:54 AM
The way Detroit played, you better hope and pray Kitna breaks a hip and Kevin Jones injures his foot again.

Skeeter
11-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Your point, other than they really haven't played anyone worth while outside of the pats?

Next week they'll be 7-2, week 13 they'll see 9-3. After that shake down they'll go into Detroit wondering if they should have packed the ky.

Things like this tend to happen when the first half of your schedule looks like this ...

http://digitalcollections.uwyo.edu/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/cupcake.jpg

Wait... they already played the Giants once... so the giants are or aren't a cupcake?

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Sort of feel the same way about the patriots too. Until last night they haven't played much of anyone.

Latrinsorm
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I was thinking about that earlier. It's not entirely the Patriots' fault though, because who knew the Chargers and Bengals would be Godawful this year? It's harder to make that case with the Cowboys, as only the Bears were good last year and crummy this year.

peam
11-05-2007, 12:03 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Theebs/Witten-HD-Catch2-3.jpg

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Tsa`ah
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Wait... they already played the Giants once... so the giants are or aren't a cupcake?

Season openers can be a coin toss and a rough start for plenty of teams. The Giants lost their first 2 and then pulled it together.

So yes, the Giants in the opener were pretty cupcake. I'm not saying the Cowboys suck, because they don't. They just haven't played anyone worth while (NY's first game included) outside of the Pats. They're just highly over rated at this point.

My prediction stands. NY is going to shake them up next week and tie that division. If they go down to GB (and I think they will), Detroit is just going to corn hole them ... and that's the end of their season unless NY just takes a nose dive.

Skeeter
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
From my years as a Bengals fan I can tell you one thing with certainty. When the big game is on the line Kitna will choke like an 8" mouth taking on a 12" dong.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-12-2007, 08:59 AM
8 - 1

Skeeter
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Giants are back to being cupcakes

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I still don't get why anyone thought they were good after they beat the Dolphins, Falcons, Jets, 49ers, and Eagles.

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
p.s. Did anyone hear Howie Long's hilarious comment that Cowboys might be #2 team in the league? rofl.

Skeeter
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I have them at #3 :shrug:

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
You have the Cowboys over any two of the Packers, Steelers, and Colts? Seriously?

Skeeter
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Pats, Colts, Cowboys, GB. Steelers I'm not sure where they fit in, they looked very ordinary against the Browns yesterday.

Green Bay's lack of any running game concerns me. Though maybe Ryan Grant is the answer. Haven't seen enough of him yet to have a solid opinion. Favre still throws the ball up for grabs too much.

Colts should've won even with Peyton being the best player on the Chargers and coming off a huge game last week I don't hold that one against them.

Cowboys looked really good yesterday against a Giants team "everyone" said would kill them.

Ardwen
11-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Colts with their ridiculous injury issues arent 2 at the moment, I have GB and Dallas as Co-2 I guess, if Indy gets healthy that changes

Anebriated
11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I think its pretty well known who 1 and 2 are. 3-5 are pretty much a tossup between the steelers, packers and cowboys though. Im still not sold on the Cowboys. They had a solid win this past week against an improving Giants team, but they have only won 1 game against a team over .500 this year(Skins and Bills are now both 1 game over .500 but neither were when they played the boys). Steelers and Packers have both showed some poise when down by decent amounts. I still think the Packers should have won the game against the Bronco's but the final score is all that matters, and for that matter they should have lost against the Eagles. Time will tell.

peam
11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
You are such a Philly homer.

When does Dallas get the props they deserve? They are 8-1. I'm tired of hearing the "B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-but the Patriots/Colts/Packers?!?!" shit.

Dallas is the class of the NFC and the time to recognize that is past due, but I'm guessing that won't be possible until they shred Lord Favre in a couple weeks.

/lol@giants

Anebriated
11-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Its true, I am a Philly homer. I have still given pretty unbiased opinions on the cowboys since the beginning. They are 8-1, that is an accomplishment and you cant blame them for having the schedule with so many weak teams. But honestly, they havent won any games that they shouldnt have.

That said, they are one of the best teams in the NFC, not that that says much.

Anebriated
11-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Just for a little more insight on why I think the Packers are the better NFC team.... The Cowboys have plenty of playmakers on offense, and are able to coast just by outscoring teams. They have not been able to stop teams with a strong offense. The 2 games with the giants have pretty much been shootouts. This past weekend it seemed the cowboys D showed up in the second half which proved to be the winning factor in the game, but penalties aided their efforts. The Packers have won games with no real weapons other than Favre on offense. He has made things happen and its won the team games. On the flip side their defense, unlike the cowboys, has actually resembled a defense, allowing the second least points per game in the league(cowboys = 21st). I could keep using stats but apparently that makes me a homer, enjoy.

edit: and that was without mentioning the quality of teams played.

peam
11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Just to compare...

Combined records of all teams played:

Packers: 38-43
Cowboys: 38-44

Both teams have an 8-1 record.. The Packers' loss coming from the Bears (4-5) and the Cowboys' loss coming from the Patriots (9-0)

I'll elaborate on this post more, when I don't have to do something.

Skeeter
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I dunno the first giants game the cowboys ran away with it, and the Giants scored a bunch of garbage points. If that's a shoot-out so be it.

Cowbowys seem much more balanced to me than Green Bay.

Anebriated
11-12-2007, 02:47 PM
If its that close then why complain when they are put in the same category?

Sean
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I certainly don't like the cowboys but saying Favre is the only offensive weapon is a bit of a stretch. Drivers a solid WR with 3 straight 1200+ yard season. Jennings is a 2nd round pick last year. James Jones is a 3rd round pick this year. They just got Koren Robinson back who is a former 1st round and outside of his problems with Alcohol is a standout special teams player. They have a strong OLine that includes high draft picks such as Clifton (2nd round pick 2000), Colledge (2nd round pick 2006), and Spitz (3rd round 2006).

McCarthy has a clearly changed the identity of this team away from the Favre gunslingers show but Favre does still have offensive weapons and talented help.

TheEschaton
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Bills = #1

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 06:03 PM
They are 8-1.The Cowboys have wins over the Bills (by 1 point) and the Dolphins. Can you honestly say those two stack up with any of the Packers' wins?

peam
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
The Cowboys have wins over the Bills (by 1 point) and the Dolphins. Can you honestly say those two stack up with any of the Packers' wins?

No, but I can say that Dallas is winning their games by an average of 15.25 points, while Green Bay is winning by an average of 11.63.

Also, when you compare both teams by their TOTAL offense and defense, Dallas is ranked at 2nd offensively and 7th defensively, while Green Bay comes in at 4th offensively and 10th defensively.

Edited to say that these difference aren't gaping, but they do provide enough evidence to show Dallas as being the superior team.

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 06:48 PM
That's the thing, though. Dallas' defense is better by about 8 yards per game and worse by about 6 points per game. I think I'd take giving up 6 less points over 8 less yards, wouldn't you?

Dallas seems to have the superior offense, but it's a little much to say that 8 yards per game demonstrates them as the superior team.

Sean of the Thread
11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
the best thing about the cowboys is Wade wore a jacket that said "SON OF A BUM"

Stanley Burrell
11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Carl from ATHF cracks me up:

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c392163353e20116344c355a0004

Tsa`ah
11-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Giants are back to being cupcakes

Na, it was a good game. I'd have to give the Cowboys credit for actually beating a solid team. These were not the same Giants they faced in the season opener.

Anebriated
11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

Sean of the Thread
11-13-2007, 05:26 AM
Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

And MANGINO EATS GAMES
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/mangino_t450.jpg

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-19-2007, 08:13 AM
9-1

peam
11-28-2007, 05:08 PM
http://img1.college-football-sports.com/img/showpics/67/ad/l346fa5520000_1_25448.jpg

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
11-1

What now bitches?

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Overrated

TheEschaton
11-30-2007, 10:09 AM
The whole NFC is overrated. The best team in the NFC almost lost to the Bills.

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
The Bucs are the best team in the NFC this year.. and they suck.

Solkern
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
NFC who/what?

Latrinsorm
11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Congrats on your first good win. Like the Patriots after beating the Colts, I'd be pretty worried if I was a Cowboys fan.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Too funny.

peam
11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Too funny.

Seconded.

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Thirded

Cowboys are funny paper tigers.

Skeeter
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Green Bay is clearly a cupcake. Cowboys have yet to beat anyone.

Krendeli
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Too bad the Steelers are winning the SB this year. Give up NFC.

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Bucs

Skeeter
11-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Bucks

corrected for you.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
12 -1

peam
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I loved how they pulled out the "LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!" with 18 seconds to play yesterday.

Stupid Lions.

Sean of the Thread
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Anebriated
12-16-2007, 07:50 PM
12-2 LOL You lost to the eagles. You guys can keep talking shit, im satisfied now.

stallion4
12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Atleast Romo looked solid. They can always fall back on his quality gameplay..oh wait..He smoked cock all day. IN FRONT OF JESSICA!!! AHHHH

Keller
12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Atleast Romo looked solid. They can always fall back on his quality gameplay..oh wait..He smoked cock all day. IN FRONT OF JESSICA!!! AHHHH

I'm sure she'll return the favor all night.

Sean of the Thread
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
It's not his fault he sprained his thumb in her ass last night.

Skeeter
12-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I'd take his life.

Sean of the Thread
12-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Only because you like the knickname "Tony Homo"

Tsa`ah
12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
While I was more than a bit happy about the Cowgirls going down on Philly ... I didn't like that I picked Dallas this week.

Skeeter
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Only because you like the knickname "Tony Homo"

I think I could live with it.

peam
12-17-2007, 10:07 AM
The Cowboys offense was unbearable yesterday. I really hope they don't become the December team of the past few years. Ugh.

Anebriated
12-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I want to say that it was the Eagles defense that threw off the Cowboys offense but I dont think that was the entire case. Even when given the chance Romo missed passes that should have been layups. Not sure if it was his thumb or what but it was sad(not really) after the season hes had.

Sean of the Thread
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I personally liked the TO drops the best.. and the fact he's starting throw those glares around at team mates and shit again.

Skeeter
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
At least there was a touching High School moment with Jessica being in the stands wearing her man's jersey.

Sean of the Thread
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Tony just wanted to be Nick's peter in law.

TheEschaton
01-14-2008, 10:30 AM
13-4

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah I thought they were going to lose to the Pack, not the giants. I blame it all on Jessica.

Anebriated
01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
And the true colors finally show.

Sean of the Thread
01-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I blame it all on Jessica.

So does Hitler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYu68SHWh64