PDA

View Full Version : No more multilple PC Accounts per member.

Shalla
08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
1.) It's confusing.

2.) It's not the least bit entertaining.

3.) Forum Organization.

Shalla
08-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyways. Backlash, I don't hate you.. I don't even know you very well. I think you're a good guy from what little I know. I don't agree with how they treat you here but stop posting with multiple accounts :P

CrystalTears
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Where's the option of "I don't care as long as they're not used to defend your own argument"?

Sean
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Shalla probably should have consulted her boy Necromancer before making that post. How would he have defended Vishra without all his extra accounts.

Shalla
Well, we all know that the majority here don't care really.. but humour me.

Gan
We dont need a guideline for this. Stupidity can be policed from within.

Its difficult to enforce, thus placing a greater burden on the already onerous task the moderators have.

It can be entertaining, such as the Seany Digital post. And now even Backlash's MPD's in a sad way.

You forgot Option 5. Welcome to another stupid poll.

Shalla
08-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Shalla probably should have consulted her boy Necromancer before making that post. How would he have defended Vishra without all his extra accounts.

I don't think Jess would really need multiple accounts to defend his case. He just forgot the password from his initial account. Even I forgot my password for this account and posted as lady shalla. I had harmnone delete that one and reset the password on this one.

and I can't add anymore options :(

Shalla
08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Welcome to another stupid poll.

HEY! Aren't you the king of polls? ;)

Besides. I'm sick with the flu and heavily medicated.

CrystalTears
08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Nice try. But okay, let's blame it on his ADHD that he couldn't remember the password to at least three different accounts... in the same time frame.

Celephais
08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
It can be entertaining, such as the Seany Digital post. And now even Backlash's MPD's in a sad way.

My thoughts exactly... posters like Seany Analog and Ninja, etc can be funny on occasion, but it's pathetic the way Backlash or umm.. I'm blanking on his name... begins with an L I think... lasiter or something... anyway if you are trying to actually make it seem like you've got people backing you up by making multiple accounts... it's just sad.

Gan
08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
My thoughts exactly... posters like Seany Analog and Ninja, etc can be funny on occasion, but it's pathetic the way Backlash or umm.. I'm blanking on his name... begins with an L I think... lasiter or something... anyway if you are trying to actually make it seem like you've got people backing you up by making multiple accounts... it's just sad.

Lassiter506/Rathain

Gan
08-31-2007, 01:17 PM
HEY! Aren't you the king of polls? ;)

http://smileyicons.net/s/822.gif

Amber
08-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Where's the option of "I don't care as long as they're not used to defend your own argument"?

This one would get my vote.

Celephais
08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Lassiter506/Rathain

That's it... what a fucking tool.

Seriously, if we now have this thing where you can see a person's old login names I don't see a big deal for staff to out someone if he's attempting to support his own statements.

Seriously if Backlash wants to lose the heat he's better off going back to Backlash (and if he really wants a new name, have that account renamed).

It's like in GTA when you get re-sprayed... you can't just commit a crime right after, you have to wait till the blinking stars go away.

Gan
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Its the behavior that usually outs the person, not the name.

You cant change the name, keep up with the same behavior, and expect for others NOT to notice and call you out on it.

In Backlash's case, he should have changed the behavior when he changed the name the 2nd time. The first name change was his own incompetence at fault.

In Lassiter506/Rathain's case, it was a combination of behavior, not being able to keep the backstory either vague or different, and of course posting up the same pic with different names. Bottom line, incompetence as well.

Haywood J.
08-31-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd rather see a ban on name changing than multiple accounts. I can't keep up with who is who.

Celephais
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
I'd rather see a ban on name changing than multiple accounts. I can't keep up with who is who.

WTF... seriously, shut the fuck up. If you change accounts that makes it more difficult to "keep up" because you can't look at past posts/post count.

Seriously, I actually used to have some semblance of respect for you, artistic design threads, whatever... now you're just acting like a choch.

CrystalTears
08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Seriously, if we now have this thing where you can see a person's old login names I don't see a big deal for staff to out someone if he's attempting to support his own statements.
Changing your screen name just for change of pace or because you're no longer associated with the character is not the same as making another account to have a separate identity.

I honestly don't have a problem with someone wanting different accounts to post on. I don't even think that staff should out anyone for using more than one. However when someone uses one account to defend the actions or words from their other account, well I don't feel sorry for them if people figure it out and out them on their own accord.

Personally once someone figures out who is posting in that alt account, it loses its luster (at least it did for me).

What Backlash is doing is beyond stupid because not only is he still posting, but he's posting in the same style and fashion as he always did. You'd think he would behave a little differently. Nooo. He chooses to mock people who used to mock him before, so it leaves people little reason to leave him be with his anonymity.

CrystalTears
08-31-2007, 02:22 PM
When there's a name change, the previous name is now shown in the profile for those of you who are "so new" and can't "keep up" with who is who, even though you know damned well who to insult in the process. Dick.

Sean
08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Celephais

I disagree here. In my example (for example) my issue was never that Jesse created the Vishra name because he didn't want Vishra associated with Querthose. My issue was that then afterwards he created Kreon to do the same thing. And then afterwards (I believe afterwards) he created Necromancer and theres also still a Querthose account (although with 0 posts). Basically I can understand that some people want some level of disconnect in their posts from time to time and I don't think staff at the PC should out someone for that. I just think some people take it too far and while I'm personally annoyed by it I wouldn't want the PC to change protocol.

grapedog
08-31-2007, 02:27 PM
i personally don't care...i use a second account for placing bids so that when I pick up items in game, my character is not associated with any account known.

I don't want people taking out of game comments or situations in game, thats just really REALLY lame, and this board has shown time and time again that people cannot help themselves sometimes.

Celephais
08-31-2007, 02:29 PM
i personally don't care...i use a second account for placing bids so that when I pick up items in game, my character is not associated with any account known.

I don't want people taking out of game comments or situations in game, thats just really REALLY lame, and this board has shown time and time again that people cannot help themselves sometimes.

I have no problems with that... infact I should do that too, but if you came in here with your other account, quoted it and said "That's brilliant, you are awesome", well... then you're just masterbating on the thread.

grapedog
08-31-2007, 02:35 PM
I have no problems with that... infact I should do that too, but if you came in here with your other account, quoted it and said "That's brilliant, you are awesome", well... then you're just masterbating on the thread.

Well, I am brilliant and awesome...so I don't need my other account to tell me that. I guess for me it's a point of honor...if I'm going to win or lose an arguement, I'm gonna do it on my own merits. If you need a second account to support your argument...thats really sad.

Parkbandit
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Anyways. Backlash, I don't hate you.. I don't even know you very well. I think you're a good guy from what little I know. I don't agree with how they treat you here but stop posting with multiple accounts :P

You are so fucking mean.

NotParkBandit
08-31-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree with Parkbandit.. low blow Shalla.

Celephais
08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
ROFL... I just realized how funny your login would be reversed...
TidnabKrap & TidnabKrapTon

Jorddyn
08-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I agree with Parkbandit.. low blow Shalla.

Would have been funnier had you posted them within the same minute. Or in reverse order.

Still worth a snicker :)

Jorddyn

Sean
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHqv8YAA9w should have been backlash's whole defense to the Beth/Small Penis commentary

I mean honestly who thinks Beth has a small or even a normal sized vagina at this point?

Xcalibur
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
I thought there was cute girls here. Sux it isn't true.

And having multiple accounts, that is so 2003 (hiihihi)

CrystalTears
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Sux that you won't go away for good.

Stanley Burrell
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
bah

TJ the winner, though.

Sean
08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Clearly you didn't bother to click the link before posting that

Stanley Burrell
08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Clearly you didn't bother to click the link before posting that

I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you :mad:

Xcalibur
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Sux that you won't go away for good.

There are worse things than me, like Irak, dropping your toast full of Nutella on the floor or being late at your interview.

CrystalTears
08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/thumb/4/4f/PulpFiction.jpg/105px-PulpFiction.jpg
English, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

Celephais
08-31-2007, 05:00 PM
http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/thumb/4/4f/PulpFiction.jpg/105px-PulpFiction.jpg
:love:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/EnglishMF.gif

Xcalibur
08-31-2007, 05:02 PM

How about being original?

Sean of the Thread
08-31-2007, 05:04 PM
I didn't see the Shalla stfu option on the poll.

FinisWolf
08-31-2007, 05:17 PM
I know I use two accounts, though my secondary account is only for selling. :shrug: Of course th last time I logged into that account was about a year ago. To me that makes sense, especially when it comes to character sales. It's just easier for me to manage.

Finis

Parkbandit
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I know I use two accounts, though my secondary account is only for selling. :shrug: Of course th last time I logged into that account was about a year ago. To me that makes sense, especially when it comes to character sales. It's just easier for me to manage.

Finis

A PM has been sent to Andraste regarding this. I hope it ends up in all of your GS character files sucker.

Alfster
08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
PB's a fuckin' narc

Drew
08-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Some people may desire to keep their selling separate from the rest of their posts.

Latrinsorm
08-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Some people may desire to keep their selling separate from the rest of their posts.That's why I started my "crazymage" account.

Stanley Burrell
08-31-2007, 11:24 PM
I am still FUMING that Sean stole my thunder. Rawrrgh. This is my serious face: :grr:

crazymage
09-05-2007, 07:35 PM
That's why I started my "crazymage" account.

i'll end you.