PDA

View Full Version : 5x sancted, lightning flaring, and returning waraxe

Stabbyrogue
08-31-2007, 02:08 AM
Listening to offers, shoot me a PM.

>look waraxe
Typical both in design and shape, the waraxe is not embellished by any rare feathers or decorative semi-precious gems. The haft of the axe is carved of simple wood not from the rare trees of a long lost elven forest or crafted from the dhe'nari grounded bones of a Halfling. The double blades of the waraxe hold a soft gleam while being free of any imposing runes of death or destruction or symbols of chaos and power. In fact, the waraxe is quite ordinary. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read waraxe
In the Common language, it reads:
"Ye Olde Dwarven Longbow"

With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a old plain waraxe into flight.
You throw a old plain waraxe at a kobold!
AS: +409 vs DS: +27 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +28 = +442
... and hit for 153 points of damage!
Incredible blast shatters head into a red spray.
The kobold crumples to a heap on the ground and dies.
Your plain waraxe spins rapidly through the air, the blade whooshing audibly with each revolution. As it completes its arc, it reverses direction and lands solidly in your right hand, ready to throw again.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

5x waraxe ( handaxe base ), lightning flares, self-returner, sanctified

>raise waraxe
You draw back your right arm, raising your plain waraxe into a throwing position!

>flip wara
>
You casually flip your plain waraxe into the air before catching it deftly by the haft.

>weigh waraxe
You carefully examine the plain waraxe and determine that the weight is about 5 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

After a careful inspection you determine that a old plain waraxe requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified handaxe.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of eonake.

Gelston
08-31-2007, 02:44 AM
BEST DESCRIPTION EVER

Martaigne
08-31-2007, 07:15 AM
BEST DESCRIPTION EVER

I CONCUR!

Celephais
08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
That's a pretty incredible item in all respects...

Lucos
09-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Get a real returner...heh.

With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a huge vultite throwing hammer into flight.
You throw a huge vultite throwing hammer at a war griffin!
AS: +412 vs DS: +175 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +82 = +345
... and hit for 131 points of damage!
Massive blow smashes through ribs and drives the war griffin's heart out the back.
The war griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Your throwing hammer spins rapidly through the air, the head whooshing audibly with each revolution. As it completes its arc, it reverses direction and lands solidly in your right hand, ready to throw again.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

a huge vultite throwing hammer

Forged from pure black vultite, this hammer has a huge blunt head at one end and a long twisting spike at the other. An anvil inlaid in glistening golden eonake adorns one side of the hammer's head, while the other side bears an intricate sword engraving inlaid in the purest of silver. Runes of air have been heavily etched around both symbols, twisting and flowing down the entire length of the spike like wisps of smoke. The handle of the hammer is ringed in rondels of pure eonake of a silver-grey hue. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

7X blessable

The Ponzzz
09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
If the hammers weren't all locked up to their owners I would!!

When you going to get that 8x?!

Donquix
09-01-2007, 02:17 AM
i don't like returners, they silly.

i'd like wrist sheath or something that generates daggers and automatically generates one in each of your hands (if available) after each hurl. Silly bommerang weapons.

of course, for that to not suck first they'd have to do something about small weapons and hurling....FEAR MY TOOTHPICK OF DOOM HURLED WITH loving care your head. lovetap ^_^

Lucos
09-01-2007, 02:32 AM
When you going to get that 8x?!

I've got the points for it, but I fixskilled all of Lucos' thrown ranks away, retired Limper for the time being, and gave the hammer to Brian so he can play in Nelemar with it. If I ever get my rogue trained up to 2X thrown and 2X blunts, I'll take it to 10X and abuse the hell out of it.

The Ponzzz
09-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Yea, best hammer in the game!

TheEschaton
09-01-2007, 05:54 AM
The thing I hate about the self-returners is they pull you out of hiding. At least, mine does.

The Ponzzz
09-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Right now, returners are forced to due to the script attached to it to return.

I was talking with a few people at SimuCon, and there was talk that maybe the script can be changed to keep one in hiding (by normal means you would still fail to stay hidden). So who knows!

Returners are great for paladins and warriors.

thefarmer
09-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Why paladins and warriors, in particular? I would think that any profession would benefit from not worrying about the empty hand.

The Ponzzz
09-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Why paladins and warriors, in particular? I would think that any profession would benefit from not worrying about the empty hand.

Oh well, any non hiding hurling character would be like, OMG YES RETURNER. But it's just most other professions can't 2x CMs, 2x Thrown, 2x perception and still do whatever ever else they wish to do (strictly thinking for max benefit of thrown weapons). Sure with sacrafice to other things (semis in mind here) one can do anything they want.

And obviously, this returner benefits paladins (and clerics) the most.

thefarmer
09-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Ah. I hadn't taken into account the 2x in CM,THrown,Perception