PDA

View Full Version : Banned for being big

Stanley Burrell
08-24-2007, 09:31 AM
A woman not allowed back into bar accuses staff of discrimination:

(Dartmouth NS) Jenny Dionne started her night on the town in typical fashion a few weeks ago. It ended abruptly one drink later when she wasn’t allowed to re-enter a bar after stepping outside for a smoke because staff thought she was "too big."

Ms. Dionne, 22, of Dartmouth, said staff at the Dome took the action because she’s overweight.

"They told me management didn’t want me back in there," Ms. Dionne said in an interview Thursday. "I kept asking why and he just kept saying, ‘I don’t feel comfortable repeating the reason so I’m not telling you.’ "

Ms. Dionne said she was dumbfounded about what the problem could’ve been. She had paid the $6 cover charge and been inside long enough to drink only one vodka with 7-Up.

"I’ve never done anything out of control in that bar," she said.

The reason became clear a minute later.

"I turned to walk away and the bouncer that worked there told me to lose weight," she said. "I am overweight but I’ve built my confidence up to get over it and I’m working on losing weight.

"I’ve done really well over the past year and to be shot down like that when you think you’re up, it’s like a kick in the butt."

She wrote a letter to the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission, believing she had been wrongly discriminated against. But she was dismayed further with the commission’s response Thursday — she was told nothing in the Human Rights Act protects against discrimination because of weight unless it is due to a disability.

"I was in utter shock that they told me it’s not discrimination," she said. "I seriously thought that I had a valid issue there."

Ms. Dionne said she was rebuffed when she asked to speak to a manager that night at the Dome and subsequent attempts to get in touch with the nightclub were unsuccessful. The Dome didn’t return a call for comment.

Ms. Dionne said she has given up hoping to hear from the bar but still believes it was inappropriate to banish her because of her physical appearance.

"I was really mad because I was a regular at that bar and I’ll probably never set foot there again. They’re a business. They shouldn’t discriminate against anybody for any reason."

She said there was nothing inappropriate about the way she was behaving to warrant asking her to leave the bar and would like at least an apology.

"If the bar wants to take disciplinary action against the person who said it it’d be great. I don’t know his name but I could certainly point him out.

"I don’t want to see it happen to other people."

The bar seems to want only slimmer people on its premises, judging from its action toward her and what’s on its website, she said.

"A couple of my friends are big girls and we’re all regulars at that bar and there’s not a single picture of a big girl on that website," she said. "They’re all tiny, little girls."

Lisa McCuaig, a spokeswoman for the human rights commission, said she couldn’t comment on a specific case.

"To the best of our knowledge the commission has not dealt with this type of complaint before," Ms. McCuaig said. "We cannot speculate whether it falls under the act. That’s not something we’ve looked into."

Meanwhile, Ms. Dionne is looking for a new place to hang out on weekends.

"I haven’t been to Bubbles’ Mansion but I heard it was a nice place so I’ll probably start checking that out," she said.

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/855004.html

Celephais
08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I’m working on losing weight.
Bullshit.

"A couple of my friends are big girls and we’re all regulars at that bar and there’s not a single picture of a big girl on that website," she said. "They’re all tiny, little girls."
Every single bar website I have ever seen has pictures of only the select hottest girls that attend the bar... it's never a representation of the clientelle.

... That'd be great if they just hung up a no fat chicks sign outside the bar, good way to get guys going there (and save them money on ladies night if it's all a bunch of cheap dates).
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Fat%20Chicks%20Prohibited.jpg

... and I might as well post this one before anyone else does too, it's inevitable:
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/family_guy_no_fat_chicks_t-shirt_link.jpg

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah, and the men with beer bellies all around the bar..they are much better patrons!!!

Anyway, that's sad.

Cele, it's funny when people say stuff about fat people, isn't it? (smirks)

I'm not sure I'd call it discrimination, but it's rotten regardless.

Angela

Celephais
08-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, and the men with beer bellies all around the bar..they are much better patrons!!!
They made it sound like it's a very trendy bar that has very little of both fat chicks and fat dudes.

Anyway, that's sad.

Cele, it's funny when people say stuff about fat people, isn't it? (smirks)
Head on over to the monkey sexual harassment thread, it's a blast!

I'm not sure I'd call it discrimination, but it's rotten regardless.
In reality... yeah but... if this were on a sitcom it'd be great.

Wow, she's not nearly as "big" as I was expecting..
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/photos/xlarge/08-24-07ted082307Dionne1.jpg

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
That's her?

No, she's not big at all, really. That's really pathetic, even more so.

Somehow I was imagining a really, really big person.

Angela

Celephais
08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
That's her?

Angela

I'm really surprised by that too... I was expecting the type that needs to use two bar stools... I kind of thought that was their reasoning. I also expected her to have a complete trainwreck of a face too... She just needs a wheelchair and Sean2'd be all over her.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
but she is too big and doesn't dress well enough for a truly trendy club. Begs the question how she got in in the first place.

Parkbandit
08-24-2007, 10:13 AM
If I owned a trendy bar, the last thing I would invite in would be fat chicks with no fashion sense.

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
They didn't say it was her clothes, they said it was her weight.

If they had said she needed to dress better, then well..

Angela

Celephais
08-24-2007, 10:26 AM
They didn't say it was her clothes, they said it was her weight.

If they had said she needed to dress better, then well..

Angela

Actually "they" didn't say it was anything. She heard the bouncer tell her to lose some weight... that doesn't mean they barred her because she is fat. She assumed that (and I'm sure if she goes after them legally they'll say it was something else) so... could be both :)

Gan
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm really surprised by that too... I was expecting the type that needs to use two bar stools... I kind of thought that was their reasoning. I also expected her to have a complete trainwreck of a face too... She just needs a wheelchair and Sean2'd be all over her.

:rofl:

Gan
08-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Actually "they" didn't say it was anything. She heard the bouncer tell her to lose some weight... that doesn't mean they barred her because she is fat. She assumed that (and I'm sure if she goes after them legally they'll say it was something else) so... could be both :)

1. I wonder how many calls she's received from attorneys looking to represent her.

2. I'm sure if and after the waitstaff have been deposed, the real reason why she was denied entrance will be of record. Sucks to be the establishment if she was indeed denied because of being 'too fat'.

Sean
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM

I guarantee they spend more money

Celephais
08-24-2007, 10:36 AM
1. I wonder how many calls she's received from attorneys looking to represent her.

2. I'm sure if and after the waitstaff have been deposed, the real reason why she was denied entrance will be of record. Sucks to be the establishment if she was indeed denied because of being 'too fat'.

Nope, freedom of expression is alive and well in Nova Scotia... maybe if it were america...

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Wow, she's not nearly as "big" as I was expecting..
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/photos/xlarge/08-24-07ted082307Dionne1.jpg

Looks pretty damned big to me..she looks like she me be pushing 250.

Maybe the club owner didn't want her eating the furniture.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 10:40 AM

I'm pretty sure you can deny service to any patron for any reason.

Gan
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty sure you can deny service to any patron for any reason.

That went out with the Civil Rights act of 1964 I believe.

Sean
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Um it's in Nova Scotia...

DeV
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
If she was already a regular there has to be another reason she was asked to leave.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
That's her?

Angela

Who are you kidding? For a trendy nightclub, she might as well be an elephant. I know several beach bars that I?m sure would not let her inside in the first place.

The nightclub was wrong to admit her in, and then not re-admit that same night. That is unacceptable. However ?I?m a big fat fuck and I?m gaining confidence?. It has nothing to do with what she thinks of herself. It has everything to do with the perception of the crowd when people like her are there.

For any kind of trendy nightclub, proper attire is also required, and she?s dressed like a bum. And that?s a good thing. If she dressed for that kind of place, just judging by the disgusting sag in her arms, it would look hideous.

Frankly, I find weight discrimination to be a very touchy issue. People can?t choose their race, they can?t choose as to whether or not they have certain disabilities, but the choice to be a disgusting overweight slob is a very personal choice. And one people should be ready to live with the consequences of. If you want to gorge yourself on twinkies and cupcakes then be my guest. But then also accept that the consequence of indulging like that is that several places become more difficult to access, and not all things will be available.

The whole in my genes thing is BS too. That is the case for what? 1% of people?
________
Hot Box Vaporizers (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

Parkbandit
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
I guarantee they spend more money

In defense of Ilvane, I think she might be correct.

Fat chicks will spend money on drinks, because very few guys will (at least at the beginning of the night) and it takes ALOT of alcohol for a girl of that stature to get drunk.

It won't come close to the amount spent by the average guy, but it's still 'hefty'.

Celephais
08-24-2007, 10:53 AM
To be fair we have no idea how she was dressed when she was there... the clothes she's wearing now could just be casual non-going out clothes.

We've had plenty of threads about how people are fat on their own merit vs disabilities/watever...

I agree though that for any trendy nightclub she's still too fat (but again I was expecting 4 bills), the dumb part was, as mentioned... the non-re-admitance.

Trouble
08-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I believe the gene thing only because I've seen families where the the kid took after one or the other parent. Like for one set of my cousins, one of the daughters and the son are both heavy like their mom and look more like her in the face, where the other two daughters are rail-thin and look like their dad.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 10:56 AM
If that's how she dressed for a picture that will be shown across the world, why do you think she would dress better going out to a local club?

Clove
08-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Angela

No, it's just that men with beer bellies are dead sexy.

Gan
08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Um it's in Nova Scotia...

Point taken.

Clove
08-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Who are you kidding? For a trendy nightclub, she might as well be an elephant. I know several beach bars that I’m sure would not let her inside in the first place.

All she has to do is prove that overweight men are allowed in the "trendy nightclub" and it becomes a sex issue not an overweight issue. I suspect this isn't a "too fat" issue it's a "too fat for a girl" issue.

Sex is a class protected against discrimination even in Canada and somehow Ilvane miraculously hit upon it with her beer-belly comment (but I still think its an accident :))

Gan
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
If she's smart she'll already have hours of video footage of patrons entering and leaving the establishment.

Now that this story has received larger media attention, it might have influenced management's admittance policy since outing her.

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Heh, I feel for her being a former fat chick, but I really think the bar just should have done it differently. They were rude to her. I'm not really sure it's discrimination though.

Angela

Clove
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Heh, I feel for her being a former fat chick, but I really think the bar just should have done it differently. They were rude to her. I'm not really sure it's discrimination though.

Angela

Yup... entirely accidental.

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM

Angela

Former?

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Yep, former.

Angela

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Had me fooled so I apologize. Must be the camera lens.

grapedog
08-24-2007, 11:31 AM
[B]"I was in utter shock that they told me it’s not discrimination," she said. "I seriously thought that I had a valid issue there."

blah blah blah...I thought I could make a lot of money...blah blah blah

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Of course this doesn't apply since it's Nova Scotia. But interesting none the less. Looks like she would have a tough argument here in the states as well.

http://www.legalzoom.com/articles/article_content/article13721.html

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a business refuse service to Someone because of appearance, odor or attitude?

Incorporations: $139.00
LLCs: $139.00
DBAs: $99.00

Is it a violation of your civil rights for a business to refuse to serve you because of the way you look, the way you smell, or the way you act? The answer is . . . it depends.

Both federal and state laws prohibit businesses from denying public accommodation to citizens on the basis of race, color, religion or national original. The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

The right of public accommodation is also guaranteed to disabled citizens under the Americans with Disabilities Act, which precludes discrimination by businesses on the basis of disability.

In addition to protections against discrimination provided under federal law, many states have passed their own Civil Rights Acts that provide broader protections than the Federal Civil Rights Act. For example, California's Unruh Civil Rights Act makes it illegal to discriminate against individuals based on unconventional dress or sexual preference.

In the 1960's, the Unruh Civil Rights Act was interpreted to provide broad protection from arbitrary discrimination by business owners. Cases decided during that era held that business owners could not discriminate, for example, against hippies, police officers, homosexuals or Republicans, solely because of who they were.

In cases in which the patron is not a member of a federally protected class, the question generally turns on whether the business's refusal of service was arbitrary, or whether the business had a specific interest in refusing service. For example, in a recent case, a California court decided that a motorcycle club had no discrimination claim against a sports bar that had denied members admission to the bar because they refused to remove their "colors" or patches, which signified club membership. The court held that the refusal of service was not based on the club members' unconventional dress, but was to protect a legitimate business interest in preventing fights between rival club members.

On the other hand, a California court decided that a restaurant owner could not refuse to seat a gay couple in a semi-private booth where its policy was to only seat two people of the opposite sex in such booths. There was no legitimate business reason for the refusal of service, and so the discrimination was arbitrary and unlawful.

In one more complicated case, a court held that a cemetery could exclude "punk rockers" from a private funeral service. A mother requested that the funeral service for her 17-year old daughter be private and that admission to the service be limited to family and invited guests only. The cemetery failed to exclude punk rockers from the service. The punk rockers arrived in unconventional dress, wearing makeup and sporting various hair colors. One was wearing a dress decorated with live rats. Others wore leather and chains, while others were twirling baton-like weapons, drinking and using cocaine. The punk rockers made rude comments to family members and were generally disruptive of the service.

Ironically, the funeral business had attempted to rely on the Unruh Civil Rights Act, claiming that if they had denied access to the punk rockers, they would have been in violation of the Act. But the court held that the punk rockers' presence had deprived the deceased person's family of the services of the business establishment, which were meant to provide comfort to grieving family members. On that basis, the court stated that the funeral business could have legitimately denied access to the punk rockers.

It's interesting to note that while it is unlawful to refuse service to certain classes of people, it is not unlawful to provide discounts on the basis of characteristics such as age. Business establishments can lawfully provide discounts to groups such as senior citizens, children, local residents or members of the clergy, in order to attract their business.

Like many issues involving constitutional law, the law against discrimination in public accommodations is in a constant state of change. Some argue that anti-discrimination laws in matters of public accommodations create a conflict between the ideal of equality and individual rights. Does the guaranteed right to public access mean the business owner's private right to exclude is violated? For the most part, courts have decided that the constitutional interest in providing equal access to public accommodations far outweighs the individual liberties involved.

Celephais
08-24-2007, 11:43 AM
In one more complicated case, a court held that a cemetery could exclude "punk rockers" from a private funeral service. A mother requested that the funeral service for her 17-year old daughter be private and that admission to the service be limited to family and invited guests only. The cemetery failed to exclude punk rockers from the service. The punk rockers arrived in unconventional dress, wearing makeup and sporting various hair colors. One was wearing a dress decorated with live rats. Others wore leather and chains, while others were twirling baton-like weapons, drinking and using cocaine. The punk rockers made rude comments to family members and were generally disruptive of the service.

I hope these people show up at my funeral.

(and someone make an alter of that dress in GS).

Clove
08-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Former?

For a moment there I thought we were going to see a date in the making.

Clove
08-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Of course this doesn't apply since it's Nova Scotia. But interesting none the less. Looks like she would have a tough argument here in the states as well.

http://www.legalzoom.com/articles/article_content/article13721.html

...It's interesting to note that while it is unlawful to refuse service to certain classes of people...

Not if she can prove that it was for being a fat chick, and not simply fat. Sex is a protected class here and in Canada. If the bar allows fat men, but not fat women then they're excluding her because of her sex and not only because she's an orca.

Gan
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, being fat is a disease and a disability... Its not her fault she's fat.

Latrinsorm
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
This may be the classiest thread ever. :no:

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
You could always chime in about how gluttony is a sin.

LazyBard
08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Of course there is the possibility she was wearing lycra or spandex. In either case it would have been justified to ban her for the safety and welfare of other patrons.

Clove
08-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Of course there is the possibility she was wearing lycra or spandex. In either case it would have been justified to ban her for the safety and welfare of other patrons.

Spandex... it's a privilege, not a right.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
but she is too big and doesn't dress well enough for a truly trendy club. Begs the question how she got in in the first place.

That begs the question .. should they have allowed you in?

Latrinsorm
08-24-2007, 01:06 PM
You could always chime in about how gluttony is a sin.The greatest sin is not :heart:in', man. I mean, next to saying that the moon doesn't produce its own light, of course.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
That begs the question .. should they have allowed you in?

I could say with fair certainly I could get in.

and LOL@Latrin.

Alfster
08-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Had me fooled so I apologize. Must be the camera lens.

You beat me to it :(

Maybe she just has a REALLY fat face...

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I could say with fair certainly I could get in.

Even with your double chins and developing spare tire?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/Bigboy9/100_2451.jpg

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 02:23 PM
6'3 208 Yeah you got me, I'm a fat fuck.

moron.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
One could call this delusion, one could call this denial ... yet you're the one posting pictures with more than one wobbly chin and I dare say more than a little bit of gut.

Seems it's ok for a tubby guy like you to get into a "trendy" bar, but it's not ok for a woman of similar stature. More than a little of the pot calling the kettle black.

Gan
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM

moron.

With that bone structure?

I have to call shenanagans on that.

Considering I'm 6'3" 250 and know what that looks like in the mirror.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Couple of differences there. For one, average or overweight with a thick build usually isn't looked upon as badly in men than in women. most NFL linemen/people with that stature would have little trouble getting into a trendy place, because of their general builds.

Overweight and obscenely obese are different things. The woman in the picture, her waist is at least 15-20% wider than the chest. There's no muscle. Her arms are droopy from all of the fat. if a guy with a similar build and weight were walking around, it would be equally disgusting.

You cannot equally compare a guy who looks overweight, but in that build/stature on the beach, wouldn't be that out of the ordinary and definitely not someone a smaller guy would pick a fight with, as compared to a woman that, if she did wear such a bikini, would either a) repel/kill local wildlife or b) cause a lot of people to vomit.

But whereas, despite the fact that she'd look like a beached lardwhale doing it, public beaches are exactly that, and she's welcome to do whatever she wants within the reaches of the law. But if I'm a nightclub owner, a fat tub like that is the last thing I'd want my clientele to remember from the night, and I would keep her out as best I can, especially when I could probably fit 6 people into the space she was taking up and clearing around her.
________
Toyota Canada Inc. Specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Canada_Inc.)

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
One could call this delusion, one could call this denial ... yet you're the one posting pictures with more than one wobbly chin and I dare say more than a little bit of gut.

Seems it's ok for a tubby guy like you to get into a "trendy" bar, but it's not ok for a woman of similar stature. More than a little of the pot calling the kettle black.

This is hilarious coming from you, considering you won't even post a pic because you got so butt hurt the last time over the photo shop job that cost you your mod job.

I'm also curious how you can see my enormous spare tire in a pic that pretty much shows me from the shoulders up.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking the point was over your head by more than a little.

CrystalTears
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM

And this is different than any other club out there how? Unfortunately the nitpicking of who is "eligible" to get into a club has usually fallen on the women. The men are typically the ones paying for most of the drinks, so the more hot women you get in the bar, the better the night will turn out. They just screwed up in telling her why, but had they just said "no, sorry" without a reason, no one can say much as several clubs tend to be discriminate of who they want inside.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 02:40 PM
With that bone structure?

I have to call shenanagans on that.

Considering I'm 6'3" 250 and know what that looks like in the mirror.

call whatever you want on it. I don't really feel a need to lie about it, I'm not a chick.

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Bottom line that chick is a fugly fatty... She has better chances filing a lawsuit against buffets that don't let her through the door.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
This is hilarious coming from you, considering you won't even post a pic because you got so butt hurt the last time over the photo shop job that cost you your mod job.

I'm also curious how you can see my enormous spare tire in a pic that pretty much shows me from the shoulders up.

I can tell who's knob you slob when you're not trolling.

Listen tubby ... perhaps I can direct you here (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=615959#post615959) since it's obvious you're not only are clueless about what you post, but about reality.

Keep up the good work tubs.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM

moron.

208? The guy on the left there's gotta 260+, and the one on the right I'd venture 240 at least. I'm 6'2 and 215 with almost no gut and built arms and thighs.And 11% body fat last I checked. There?s no way either of those two, at least at the time of the picture, weighed less than me.

At the same time, I don?t see either one of them having any problems getting into a trendy place, depending on the age range of the place.
________
Rhode Island Dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
actions vs. words

DeV
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
And this is different than any other club out there how? The mere fact that they let her and her other overweight girlfriends into the bar that night or other nights according to the story tells me this particular place isn't all that "trendy" to begin with.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
208? The guy on the left there's gotta 260+, and the one on the right I'd venture 240 at least. I'm 6'2 and 215 with almost no gut and built arms and thighs.And 11% body fat last I checked. There’s no way either of those two, at least at the time of the picture, weighed less than me.

At the same time, I don’t see either one of them having any problems getting into a trendy place, depending on the age range of the place.

that's my brother on the left, and I would guess that's pretty accurate of his weight. I dunno, maybe I just look heavy in the pic. This is from the same trip.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/Bigboy9/100_2486.jpg

Clove
An overweight man has no trouble getting into a club as long as his wallet is deep enough. Period. The women are thought of as "enticements" to get the men in the bar to buy their drinks. If the girls aren't attractive enough for 'em they don't want 'em there.

The trendy clubs up here focus their promotions on getting attractive women in the club (Lady's Night, Little Black Dress Night, Bikini Contests etc.). None of them are concerned with drawing the men, the men are supposed to follow the women.

Want more proof? Walk into a club in South Florida, while most of the men will be young, reasonably fit and attractive you WILL see a few wealthy male ancient horrors, and portly puppies. Don't hurt your eyes trying to find their female counterparts though.

CrystalTears
I'm not even speaking about trendy. All kinds of bars and clubs have people in the front who decide who can/should enter and who shouldn't. Maybe she got lucky the first time around, I don't know. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying it has Tom Jones syndrome (it's not unusual).

Clove
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
... Tom Jones syndrome (it's not unusual)....

:whipit: That's so totally my line CT! Thieving Cuban.

CrystalTears
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I never read that book about quoting etiquette. :tongue:

Gan
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I never read that book about quoting etiquette. :tongue:

You dont read it, you get beat with it.

Satira
08-24-2007, 03:03 PM
This thread is depressing.

DeV
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
All kinds of bars and clubs have people in the front who decide who can/should enter and who shouldn't. Maybe she got lucky the first time around, I don't know. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying it has Tom Jones syndrome (it's not unusual).I guess I just don't get out to bars much... or at all I should say, but I had no idea that bars denied people entrance based on factors such as weight like clubs do. Maybe it's a cultural thing or a matter of location(club scene in Florida being totally difference than Chicago for example) because I have gone to plenty of gay and straight clubs in the Chicago area and for the most part it's based on your attire and who you're with or who you know.

I also think it has to do with the fact that most overweight women aren't really clubbing all that much anyway so problem solved.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Another thing would be a time of day issue as well.

Take some of the more trendy places in South Beach, Myrtle, Vegas, or NYC, and before 9 p.m. anyone who shows up can walk in the door. It?s not until the bigger crowd starts showing up (after 10ish), that any selection process is employed. The guys will be all going wherever the best looking girls are. You take an extremely topical spot, like a Merge, or a seriously upscale Vegas resort style club, and it can be a real mess. Last time I was in Atlantic City, at the Trop, I watched a couple of not even badly overweight (one was about 5?8 maybe 155 (had to lose maybe 10-15 lbs), the other like 5?7 130ish (almost hourglass)) basically get held up outside the club because the taller one was wearing the same kind of sexy outfit other girls were and it seemed a little flabby. Meanwhile, other people were getting in without issue.

Why the holdup for them? One of them wasn?t good looking enough, and the place was near capacity, and they try to keep a 1.5-1.8 girl to guy ratio in the place. First time I found out that they actually hired 10-15 escorts a night to start the night early with good looking girls in the place.

While it seems a bit over the top in superficiality that an average/little bit thick girl was left outside, one could hardly argue with the business model. They were positively raking money in hand over fist, and the place stayed packed and active all the way to close.
________
Vicodin rehab advice (http://www.rehab-forum.com/vicodin-rehab/)

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I guess I just don't get out to bars much... or at all I should say, but I had no idea that bars denied people entrance based on factors such as weight like clubs do. Maybe it's a cultural thing or a matter of location(club scene in Florida being totally difference than Chicago for example) because I have gone to plenty of gay and straight clubs in the Chicago area and for the most part it's based on your attire and who you're with or who you know.

I also think it has to do with the fact that most overweight women aren't really clubbing all that much anyway so problem solved.

Most bars have no entrance criteria. Clubs can be a bit different, depending on locale and trendiness.
________
FOURTH-GENERATION TAURUS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Fourth-generation_Ford_Taurus)

Miss X
08-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm glad I'm a geeky fat chick! I don't even TRY to hang out in the cool places! Also WTF PB, I still get drunk on 4 shots of Vodka! ;)

Satira
08-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I get drunk on 2, and I'm a puffalump.

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
LOL..<3 Coley

You know, it's sad that this is even a discussion. I mean, shouldn't everyone be able to go anywhere, if they are comfortable being there?

Angela

Parkbandit
08-24-2007, 03:12 PM
LOL..<3 Coley

You know, it's sad that this is even a discussion. I mean, shouldn't everyone be able to go anywhere, if they are comfortable being there?

Angela

You know, it's sad that this is even a discussion. I mean, shouldn't everyone be able to say who can or cannot come onto their property?

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:17 PM
You know, it's sad that this is even a discussion. I mean, shouldn't everyone be able to say who can or cannot come onto their property?

QFT
________
PLYMOUTH VOYAGER 3 (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Voyager_3)

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 03:19 PM
actions vs. words

If you're trying to goad me into more masturbation material, maybe you can ask your butt buddy for some links to some good alternatives.

No matter how much you try to coerce me, I'll not fondle your wobbly wobbly chins.

Now you're just being a prick because of who posted it PB.

While it may be acceptable practice to this particular industry, doesn't make it right. If you open your doors to the public you shouldn't be able to refuse service unless the patron is belligerent, smells foul, has some sort of communicable disease, or doesn't meet your dress code. While I understand the policies in place are for revenue (fat guys with no chance buying lots of drinks for the skinny hotties), if you're going to turn people away at the door because of weight, gender shouldn't be an issue. In fact, if you're going to do it ... make it a private club.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:20 PM
LOL..<3 Coley

Angela

Sure, as long as it?s a PUBLIC place.

Fat Tub: Let me and my friends in, we?re comfortable with our flab going blublublub in public!
Club Manager: yea, let the fat tubs in, who cares that it?ll hurt my business! If they are comfortable being here, let them be here!
________
BUY SILVER SURFER (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

DeV
08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
LOL..<3 Coley

AngelaNo, not really. If a club denies a patron because they are underdressed it's a non-issue. When it comes to bars it's more to the point that people shouldn't be discriminated against when it comes to their physical appearance because it's an establishment that presents itself as being "open to the public" and one that doesn't necessarily pride itself on having a dress code. People wear jeans and gym shoes in bars nowadays.

But that's just wishful thinking in the end as there are are many underlying factors as to businesses and their particular codes of conduct. Of course, being on the thick side has little to do with conduct and more to do with just being a physical feature.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
If you're trying to goad me into more masturbation material, maybe you can ask your butt buddy for some links to some good alternatives.

No matter how much you try to coerce me, I'll not fondle your wobbly wobbly chins.

While it may be acceptable practice to this particular industry, doesn't make it right. If you open your doors to the public you shouldn't be able to refuse service unless the patron is belligerent, smells foul, has some sort of communicable disease, or doesn't meet your dress code. While I understand the policies in place are for revenue (fat guys with no chance buying lots of drinks for the skinny hotties), if you're going to turn people away at the door because of weight, gender shouldn't be an issue. In fact, if you're going to do it ... make it a private club.

Yea, all clubs are private establishments. And last I checked, they are in business to make money, not to cater to fat people. And your analogy is quite off. There are very few places that will welcome in a retardedly obese guy. There may be some exceptions to the rule, regarding regulars, or friends of regulars, and while yes, it is a KNOWN fact that an overweight guy who isn?t Mount fucking Kilimanjaro will have a better chance of getting in than an overweight woman, that?s the nature of the business. The NAAFF (National Association for the Advancement of Fat Fucks) are free to open a fat fuck only establishment and see how it does. There is nothing stopping them.
________
YAMAHA TY250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_TY250)

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
No, not really. If a club denies a patron because they are underdressed it's a non-issue. When it comes to bars it's more to the point that people shouldn't be discriminated against when it comes to their physical appearance because it's an establishment that presents itself as being "open to the public" and one that doesn't necessarily pride itself on having a dress code. People wear jeans and gym shoes in bars nowadays.

But that's just wishful thinking in the end as there are are many underlying factors as to businesses and their particular codes of conduct. Of course, being on the thick side has little to do with conduct and more to do with just being a physical feature.

bars and Clubs are different. A Bar rarely if ever employs any sort of discrimination other than giving regulars/friends of the bouncer/employees preference in entering. A Club, on the other hand, will be more selective because they can be, and their business relies on image.
________
Vapir one review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapir-air-one/)

DeV
08-24-2007, 03:32 PM
A Bar rarely if ever employs any sort of discrimination other than giving regulars/friends of the bouncer/employees preference in entering. Yeah, I know. This story is regarding denial back into a bar if I'm not mistaken, which is why I bothered to make the distinction.

Parkbandit
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Bullshit.

You are a business owner. Let's say tomorrow, you and I go into business and open up Parkbandit's Paradise... an exclusive nightclub in a hip area of LA. My idea is to make this club THE place to be on the weekends.. and we are going to cater to the who's who of the Hollyloons. Do you think for one moment, you are going to be all "OMG! WE HAVE TO LET THE FAT CHICKS IN TOO, BECAUSE THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO AND IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" Or are you going to do the profitable thing and have a dress, figure code to get in.

I'm in business to make money.. not make everyone feel good about themselves.

PS - I would never own a bar like this as I believe it would be too much of a pain in the ass to be worth my time.. but that is up to the owner, and not up to the Government to tell them they have to allow anyone in.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:34 PM
And just to throw in here. There?s a lot of QQ, I?m fat and I can?t get in. First of all, for the people who are specifically picking the trendier places, it is because 1) they want to have some fun and maybe get lucky with people they find attractive, or 2) they are there to hang with friends and enjoy the scenery.

Fat Fucks
A) Aren?t attractive to that type of clientele
B) Mess up the scenery
C) Take up more square footage per person
D) Make the place feel more crowded because they are often openly avoided.

Just because they are more comfortable with themselves in public doesn?t mean the others want them there. And as long as its not a public establishment, selectivity can be part of the process, so long as its not based on race or gender specifically.
________
DODGE KAHUNA HISTORY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Kahuna)

DeV
08-24-2007, 03:35 PM
If you open your doors to the public you shouldn't be able to refuse service unless the patron is belligerent, smells foul, has some sort of communicable disease, or doesn't meet your dress code.

In fact, if you're going to do it ... make it a private club.I think you agree with Tsa'ah. I could be wrong though........

CrystalTears
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
It's clear that you don't like fat people, but the way you've been presenting yourself about them recently makes me prefer a fat person than an asshole.

DeV
08-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Taking a quick look on the bright side, fat people are always welcome at strip clubs if all else fails! They're a lot more fun than regular clubs that's for sure.

Ilvane
08-24-2007, 03:42 PM
And lets remember, not every man's ideal woman is a stick figure either.(or woman for that matter)

Angela

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2007, 03:44 PM
That has nothing to do with anything.

CrystalTears
08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
And as long as its not a public establishment, selectivity can be part of the process, so long as its not based on race or gender specifically.
And since they were discriminating her for being an overweight woman, it could very well be a gender issue.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
And since they were discriminating her for being an overweight woman, it could very well be a gender issue.

DING DING DING ... we have a winner.

Sean
08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Good luck proving that though.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Pretty simple if you want to force the issue and document all of the fat guys they let through the ropes.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
It's clear that you don't like fat people, but the way you've been presenting yourself about them recently makes me prefer a fat person than an asshole.

I have nothing against fat people. I have issue with people?s specific attitude. My parents are both overweight. My brother is overweight. Some of my fraternity brothers and best friends are/were overweight. Most things in life will not have any sort of discrimination based on weight. Some things do. Whereas race, disabilities, and some diseases, etc.. are not under an individual?s control, some things are, and weight is one of them. There are some things in life where a person?s weight and stature will be used as a judging factor, and that?s just life.

I have a problem with someone who chooses to do nothing about something under their control, and then demands a sense of entitlement and right into what is rightfully someone else?s decision. There are people who are obese, understand that there may be some potential social consequences of being so, and are perfectly happy to live with them, and that?s great. Every fucking decision we make can have social implications that we should be expected to live with. In college, I joined a fraternity that some people thought had a bad stigma. I joined them, and accepted those consequences in that there were some hosted events at the school where the hosts would not welcome me in. I also dated an African American girl for a year, and being the 90?s, some people still weren?t comfortable with it. I lived and dealt with the fact that some people were going to judge me differently because it was THEIR RIGHT to do so. I didn?t think they were correct in their judgements, but who am I to tell them what they can and can?t do?

If you are extremely overweight and enjoy not doing anything about it (being able to eat and drink more, not spending time exercising and lifting), then so be it. But if you expect to do so and not take in the social consequences of it, then you cease being obese, and enter the realm of being a fat fuck.

I judge people based on their actions and beliefs, and I am well within my rights to do so. If that makes me an asshole, then so be it. You?re welcome to your opinions as well, and I don?t have the right to tell you what to think either.
________
Toyota Probox Specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Probox)

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Everyone has a gender. You also can't say, "Look at this fat guy, and look at this fat girl, if you let only the fat guy in it's gender discrimination," unless somehow the two people are fucking identical except one has a pp. Also, if you let skinny girls in but not fat girls, that totally debunks the idea that it's gender discrimination: it's fat discrimination, plain and simple.

Sean
08-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tsa`ah
Pretty simple if you want to force the issue and document all of the fat guys they let through the ropes.

Na they can come up with any multitude of backhanded ways to bar you without saying it's because you happen to be a woman who is fat. They'd be stupid to admit that.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Actually, she?s got a case because she paid admission and was already let inside, and then not let back in after exiting for a cigarette. On the actual issue of not letting someone into a trendy place because they are unattractive, I see nothing wrong at all. It?s part of the game that is image.
________
Ferrari Testarossa History (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_Testarossa)

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Bullshit.

You are a business owner. Let's say tomorrow, you and I go into business and open up Parkbandit's Paradise... an exclusive nightclub in a hip area of LA. My idea is to make this club THE place to be on the weekends.. and we are going to cater to the who's who of the Hollyloons. Do you think for one moment, you are going to be all "OMG! WE HAVE TO LET THE FAT CHICKS IN TOO, BECAUSE THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO AND IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" Or are you going to do the profitable thing and have a dress, figure code to get in.

I'm in business to make money.. not make everyone feel good about themselves.

PS - I would never own a bar like this as I believe it would be too much of a pain in the ass to be worth my time.. but that is up to the owner, and not up to the Government to tell them they have to allow anyone in.

I agree that it's not up to the government, but I also am of mind that if you open your doors to the public you lose the right to be selective in your patronage unless there are health codes the patronage violates.

I would never go into the club or bar business. I do believe in the 3 NOs of any storefront business ... but I'd never go into the business of turning people away because they weren't attractive enough. I'm sorry, if that's the case with any business, they need to protect their collective asses and make the establishment private.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Actually, she’s got a case because she paid admission and was already let inside, and then not let back in after exiting for a cigarette. On the actual issue of not letting someone into a trendy place because they are unattractive, I see nothing wrong at all. It’s part of the game that is image.

Except that in all of your maniacal bashing of the overweight populace you over looked the fact that she was a fat woman. If they allowed fat men into the club ... then (at least in the US) it becomes an issue of gender discrimination.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree that it's not up to the government, but I also am of mind that if you open your doors to the public you lose the right to be selective in your patronage unless there are health codes the patronage violates.

I would never go into the club or bar business. I do believe in the 3 NOs of any storefront business ... but I'd never go into the business of turning people away because they weren't attractive enough. I'm sorry, if that's the case with any business, they need to protect their collective asses and make the establishment private.

Tsa?ah, whether it?s right or wrong in your mind, my mind, or anyone else?s is immaterial. It?s the owner who gets to make the decision. I don?t believe that anyone has the right to tell him not to discriminate, so long as its not based on race or gender.
________
Honda XR650L (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_XR650L)

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm ignorant here, so I'm legitimately looking for clarification.

The bar is privately owned and operated (presumably), and it serves the public. I could serve the public out of my house and my house would still be a private establishment, so what's the difference here? The bar isn't publicly owned; what makes it a public place?

Methais
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Fat broads everywhere
I’m working on losing weight by drinking diet coke with my triple cheeseburger and extra large fries with chili & cheese and ice cream sundae.

Fixed.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Except that in all of your maniacal bashing of the overweight populace you over looked the fact that she was a fat woman. If they allowed fat men into the club ... then (at least in the US) it becomes an issue of gender discrimination.

Personally, it's more a physical attractiveness discrimination. And again, there is nothing wrong with being overweight. There is something inherently wrong with choosing and accepting to be overweight, but not accepting the potential social consequences of being so.
________
F-4eat transmission (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_F-4EAT_transmission)

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm ignorant here, so I'm legitimately looking for clarification.

The bar is privately owned and operated (presumably), and it serves the public. I could serve the public out of my house and my house would still be a private establishment, so what's the difference here? The bar isn't publicly owned; what makes it a public place?

What makes it "public" is semantics. It is not.
________
HONEY OIL (http://trichomes.org/hashish/honey-oil)

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Do you own a business?

When you have a store "front" that allows for business between yourself and the public ... you have a business open to the public and all that it entails.

Now if your doors were locked and open by appointment only ... you would have room to argue about being selective in your clientele.

Semantics has very little to do with the word public in this particular instance.

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
What makes this somewhat funny is how some people keep resisting the reality that is image is often the biggest and most powerful impression. I think last study showed that 1 in 3 Americans or something like that was obese.

Now, go to any University?s Student Life page where they show pictures, and find me a prominently displayed fat person. Technically, one in 3 of them are obese, so shouldn?t be hard to find amirite? ZOMG discrimination!
________
Colorado dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Alfster
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
And lets remember, not every man's ideal woman is a stick figure either.(or woman for that matter)

Angela

lucky for you

oldanforgotten
08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Do you own a business?

When you have a store "front" that allows for business between yourself and the public ... you have a business open to the public and all that it entails.

Now if your doors were locked and open by appointment only ... you would have room to argue about being selective in your clientele.

Semantics has very little to do with the word public in this particular instance.

If I charge you at the door for admission, and you don't have a ticket garaunteeing admission as per certain rules, I can theoretically call it an appointment if I want to.
________
TRIUMPH SPEEDMASTER (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Triumph_Speedmaster)

Sean
08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tsa`ah

The door essentially is locked at a club. You aren't allowed in unless by invite of the bouncer contingent on you paying your cover charge.

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 04:23 PM
The door essentially is locked at a club. You aren't allowed in unless by invite of the bouncer contingent on you paying your cover charge.

Except in this case it could be argued gender discrimination had taken place ... since it's argued that fat men are allowed in because they shell out the cash to get hotties drunk.

Sean
08-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe it was her lazy eye, maybe her dance moves were disturbing people, maybe she smelled bad, etc. I'm not saying any of those are true or that I even agree with the alleged stance of the club. But in the end it's her word against his. Did anyone else hear the bouncer say that to her? She was walking away at the time did she hear him correctly? I find it impossible to believe she was the only big girl inside the club and if she was the only person barred readdimtance I don't think she could easily prove her case.

Methais
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe it was Emislity.

Gan
08-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Maybe it was Emislity.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/3strangedays/motivator242260.jpg

Anebriated
08-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Clearly the issue here is that the world is against fat people.

btw gan, thats just wrong.

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
No sir that's a piece of art.

Gan
08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
We need a PC image flag that pulls up that image every time Emislutty's name is mentioned.

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:devil:

Latrinsorm
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
You know, it's sad that this is even a discussion. I mean, shouldn't everyone be able to say who can or cannot come onto their property?I didn't know your name was Jim IRL.
Whereas race, disabilities, and some diseases, etc.. are not under an individual’s control, some things are, and weight is one of them.The baffling thing about this statement is that more than 20 million people in America alone are being TREATED for thyroid disorders, let alone having them undiagnosed. 20 MILLION.
Tsa’ah, whether it’s right or wrong in your mind, my mind, or anyone else’s is immaterial. It’s the owner who gets to make the decision. I don’t believe that anyone has the right to tell him not to discriminate, so long as its not based on race or gender.So wait... your opinion that a person's opinion doesn't matter matters?

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
It's my opinion that it's their private property and as long as it's not based on any REAL disabilities, race or gender than fuck off.

Having some jig saw faced MOO MOO at your trendy club has a direct effect on your business. Sad but true.

Snapp
08-24-2007, 06:45 PM
If she was already a regular there has to be another reason she was asked to leave.

:yeahthat:
My guess is she gave them attitude after they told her she couldn't go back in (for whatever reason), and that's when the bouncer made the weight comment.

AestheticDeath
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Skeeter may not be a person of small stature, but that woman was way too large. Don't get me wrong I have seen a lot of people that were even larger than her. I work with a guy who is at least 2.5x bigger than her. But I am truly disgusted at how many people are overweight these days. I cannot recall the last time I have been out, and not seen someone at least twice the size they should be.

It's interesting to note that while it is unlawful to refuse service to certain classes of people, it is not unlawful to provide discounts on the basis of characteristics such as age. Business establishments can lawfully provide discounts to groups such as senior citizens, children, local residents or members of the clergy, in order to attract their business.

Also, this was something I have thought about before. All the discounts and such are basically discrimination at heart. All you have to do is have super high rates on everything, then give discounts to the people you want to have in your place.

What are ALL of the different groups you can use for discounts? There are local places that have it for the old people, children of varying ages have a discounted scale (IE 13 and under get $1 off, 6 and under get $3 off etc.. ), military gets discounts, teachers, officers etc.. Where does it actually stop? There are bars that give females free entry etc. I don't believe they ever have a night free for males. No one complains because you want the women there, but it is discrimination.

I know of some people who rent and lease out places, and they are able to discriminate to their hearts content for any number of things. Sometimes they just skirt the issue and use something different than the real reason to prevent a renter from getting in, but sometimes they just outright say no and get away with it.

Some of these places only rent out to students. How do they get away with that?

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
The girls the girls they love me... overweight lover heavy skeeeee

Whimsi
08-25-2007, 01:32 AM
I gained enough weight when I quit smoking to be considered fat. Weird thing is the sex I enjoy is better than it was before. And more frequent. Who knew my hubby was a chubby chaser lmao.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and its hard to be upset over some of the views in this thread since I'd feel the same way about ugly, fat guys. No way I want one pawing me. Ewww. :P

Kainen
08-25-2007, 09:31 AM
What kills me.. is that she's upset about not being let back into a BAR. Find something better to do heh.

Parkbandit
08-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I didn't know your name was Jim IRL.

It's not... but then again, you are usually wrong more often than right, so this won't come as a shock to anyone.

Martaigne
08-25-2007, 09:45 AM
What kills me.. is that she's upset about not being let back into a BAR. Find something better to do heh.

Well, she needs an avenue to get men drunk and take advantage of them.

Kainen
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, she needs an avenue to get men drunk and take advantage of them.

She does? I am curious.. do you say that because you think thats the only way she'd get someone to have sex with her?

Martaigne
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
No, I'd totally hit it.

edit: Depends on her personality. She seems kind of whiny, and men don't like whiny chicks.

Kainen
08-25-2007, 10:07 AM
No, I'd totally hit it.

edit: Depends on her personality. She seems kind of whiny, and men don't like whiny chicks.

:lol: neither do women

Latrinsorm
08-25-2007, 12:05 PM
It's not... but then again, you are usually wrong more often than right, so this won't come as a shock to anyone.It was a reference to Jim Crow laws, which included (but were not limited to) business owners being permitted to hang out "no coloreds" signs.

Whimsi
08-25-2007, 12:51 PM
It was a reference to Jim Crow laws, which included (but were not limited to) business owners being permitted to hang out "no coloreds" signs.

You enjoy being obscure don't you.

Latrinsorm
08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
No.

<deep breath>

It's looking to be a sad day if Jim Crow laws are considered an obscure reference.

Whimsi
08-25-2007, 12:55 PM
No.

<deep breath>

It's looking to be a sad day if Jim Crow laws are considered an obscure reference.

Calling somone "Jim" and making no other explanation in your first post is extremely obscure to the point of being ridiculous.

Latrinsorm
08-25-2007, 01:39 PM
No other explanation was required; we're talking about businesses discriminating in America. Feeling the need to provide further reference in the first post would have been an insult to the rest of the board.

Stanley Burrell
08-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Calling somone "Jim" and making no other explanation in your first post is extremely obscure to the point of being ridiculous.

I understood it.

Yes. I would.

We're all mad here :spin:

ElanthianSiren
08-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Vodka and seven up makes me suspicious that she's not trying to lose weight, unless the bar stocks diet 7-up. :shrug: Either way, the idea of clubs excluding people based on how they look is nothing new. List only and so on. If you don't like it, don't go to clubs. With the overweight epidemic in America, (1 in 3), and the fact that alcohol often packs quite a bit of empty calories, if all clubs start excluding people that are overweight, they're going to have a problem anyway.

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2007, 02:58 PM
<<unless the bar stocks diet 7-up.>>

<<What kills me.. is that she's upset about not being let back into a BAR. Find something better to do heh.>>

The fact that it's a bar doesn't make it less of a business or less of a potential problem. I don't agree with the broad in question at all, but I think you'd be pretty pissed too if you paid to get into a bar and then got kicked out without explanation.

Sean of the Thread
08-25-2007, 03:25 PM
She does? I am curious.. do you say that because you think thats the only way she'd get someone to have sex with her?

You just reminded me that I want to sex you up.

Kainen
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
You just reminded me that I want to sex you up.

No you don't.

Whimsi
08-26-2007, 01:44 AM
No other explanation was required; we're talking about businesses discriminating in America. Feeling the need to provide further reference in the first post would have been an insult to the rest of the board.

The target of your post didn't get it.

You are an idiot. But you've heard that before I'm sure. I definitely wasn't obscure but I will try to be more original the next time I insult you.

Bobmuhthol
08-26-2007, 01:51 AM
<<You are an idiot.>>

I'm glad we have people like you to dictate what is or is not "obscure" on this forum. It's nobody's fault but yours that you couldn't figure it out. Idiot.

Tsa`ah
08-26-2007, 08:49 AM
The target of your post didn't get it.

To be fair, the target of his post has borderline alzhiemers and is a viagra addict.

Even if PB was alive and middle aged during the Jim Crow era, he was stoned out of his mind and probably doesn't even recall the Coolidge years.

Whimsi
08-26-2007, 06:12 PM
<<You are an idiot.>>

I'm glad we have people like you to dictate what is or is not "obscure" on this forum. It's nobody's fault but yours that you couldn't figure it out. Idiot.

Not my fault you think join date or post count means shit about what someone does or does not know about the posters here. Moron.

Celephais
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Vodka and seven up makes me suspicious that she's not trying to lose weight, unless the bar stocks diet 7-up. :shrug: Either way, the idea of clubs excluding people based on how they look is nothing new. List only and so on. If you don't like it, don't go to clubs. With the overweight epidemic in America, (1 in 3), and the fact that alcohol often packs quite a bit of empty calories, if all clubs start excluding people that are overweight, they're going to have a problem anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat broads everywhere
I’m working on losing weight.

Bullshit.

Like I said in the first reply... If she's "working on losing weight" she's not sitting her fat ass on a stool in a bar getting plastered on Vodka sevens. This line about working on it is what every fat person with zero motivation or self control says if anyone asks them about their weight, and it's pure bullshit.

<<unless the bar stocks diet 7-up.>>

? You assuming that all bars would have diet 7-up? Diet soda selection has been in my experience, limited at bars.

Sean
08-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Or maybe she just takes a night off a week to be social and go out and enjoy herself.

I don't translate working on losing weight as "everything I do is associated with my weight loss."

Parkbandit
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
To be fair, the target of his post has borderline alzhiemers and is a viagra addict.

Even if PB was alive and middle aged during the Jim Crow era, he was stoned out of his mind and probably doesn't even recall the Coolidge years.

I hate you.

Sean
08-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Isn't Tsa`ah like 56 also?

Parkbandit
08-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Isn't Tsa`ah like 56 also?

YEA! BITCH!

You blue haired, viagra poppin, LifeAlert using, pacemaker having, early dinner eating son of a bitch!

Sean
08-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Although in his defense he didn't move to Del Boca Vista like you did. How are the clubs full of the retired? Do they let old fat chicks in?

Parkbandit
08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Although in his defense he didn't move to Del Boca Vista like you did. How are the clubs full of the retired? Do they let old fat chicks in?

Well, your sister's here. Should I tell her you said hi?

Sean
08-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't have a sister.... contrary to your ancient beliefs all of us black people might look a like to you but we are not infact all related.

Gan
08-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Every time I start to feel old around here, I just think of PB and Tsa'ah. Then its automatically better.

:whistle: