PDA

View Full Version : On the subject of dogs...

Gan
08-22-2007, 10:18 AM
GIG HARBOR, Wash. (AP) - Two pit bull terriers broke into a house through a pet door Tuesday and attacked a woman in her bed, mauling her badly, a Pierce County sheriff's spokesman said.

The woman was able to grab a gun and try to shoot the dogs, then break away from the attack and lock herself in her car, where she called 911, sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

The woman, who was not immediately identified, was taken to a hospital in Tacoma, where she was listed in serious condition.
Officers planned to talk to the dogs' owner.

The pit bulls also killed a neighbor's Jack Russell terrier, which entered the house during the attack, Troyer said.

"The thought is that the Jack Russell heard noise in the neighbor's house, came in and was attacked by the dogs," Troyer said.

Firefighters responded first, locking the dogs in the house, treating the woman and calling for an ambulance.

Officers "had to pepper spray and fight the dogs until they were detained. We almost had to shoot them on site," Troyer said.

The dogs were taken to a Humane Society and will probably be destroyed, he said.
It was not immediately known why the dogs entered the house, whether the woman had dogs of her own or what set off the attack.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070822/D8R5QR1G1.html

Why were the dogs loose?

Where was the owner when the dogs did get loose?

Did the owner know they were loose?

How did the owner raise the dogs for them to become so aggressive?

Should the owner be held liable? Criminally? Civilly?

Should the dogs be destroyed?

(yes, yes, yes for the last three ?'s)

Kuyuk
08-22-2007, 10:20 AM
I woulda shot them bitches

stupid dogs

then shot the owner

CrystalTears
08-22-2007, 10:25 AM
They got in through a pet door, so does that mean she had pets? If so, where were they?

I don't understand people who let their dogs out unsupervised.

Skeeter
08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
The dogs have become organized! It's a retaliatory strike in response to Vick. Everyone watch your back.

Satira
08-22-2007, 12:19 PM
They're smart...they are organized...and they've got my keys!

Gan
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
They're smart...they are organized...and they've got my keys!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
http://blog.petegraham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/dog-driving-vintage-vehicle.jpg

Sean
08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Obviously it saved her life so it's good that she had it but reading that story I can't help but to wonder where he gun was that she was able to access it while being mauled by dogs in her bed... nightstand?

Gan
08-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Under her pillow?

The Ponzzz
08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Damn, I wanna know what type of pet door she had that could let a pit bull through...

The one i was oing to get can barely squeeze a cat through it! Sounds more like she had a barn door!

Gan
08-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Damn, I wanna know what type of pet door she had that could let a pit bull through...

The one i was oing to get can barely squeeze a cat through it! Sounds more like she had a barn door!

Its a proven fact that if a dog can get their head through an opening, the body can follow.

The Ponzzz
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Pit Bulls are pretty big dogs. They have Hug0rz bodies (generally)!

But yea... The dogs are going to fight back now. I think I heard my maltese tell my cairn terrier they were going to sing the song that will end the Earth!

Fallen
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
The scary thing is I have heard of this happening to someone I know. I will tell her to post about it. Same breed, too. That is so nuts. I own a part pit. He isn't Gentle..persay, but I couldn't see him doing this.

Sean
08-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Contrary to popular belief owning 2 yappy dogs != having a real dog

Satira
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
YES IT IS. KEEKEE WILL KILL YOU.

Sean
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd Vick kiki in a heartbeat.

Skeeter
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Real men have dogs like this.

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/dog-images/funny-dogs/huge-great-dane.jpg

Gan
08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Thats a fucking horse.

The Ponzzz
08-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Contrary to popular belief owning 2 yappy dogs != having a real dog

My puppies aren't yappy! They are eaters of Souls! Destoyers of Worlds!

Err well, actually, they act like cats. The maltese meows sometimes and chases birds. The cairn likes catnip.

But serious!

The cairn was like, "I am going to kill myself! And when my tainted soul find its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for Vick this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above Vick's bed and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, Vick will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before he is incinerated. Then as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin!"

And the maltese was like, "I will open one my six mouths, and I will sing a song that ends the Earth!"

Skeeter
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
less drugs?

Sean
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
He's definitely been hitting the catnip with his dog. So sad how catnip destroys families.

The Ponzzz
08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10

That's where it was coming from. I could only wish i could think of something like that...

Harli
08-23-2007, 03:42 PM
This happened right down the road from my old house (I moved just two weeks ago). The woman lived alone so she had the gun next to her bed. Funny thing is that when i have been going back and forth to get more stuff from my house i notice all the pits running around without leashes.

Glad i moved back to the city.

Methais
08-23-2007, 04:33 PM
My puppies aren't yappy! They are eaters of Souls! Destoyers of Worlds!

Err well, actually, they act like cats. The maltese meows sometimes and chases birds. The cairn likes catnip.

But serious!

The cairn was like, "I am going to kill myself! And when my tainted soul find its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for Vick this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above Vick's bed and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, Vick will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before he is incinerated. Then as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin!"

And the maltese was like, "I will open one my six mouths, and I will sing a song that ends the Earth!"

I take off my jersey and football helmet.

Ignot
08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Its a proven fact that if a dog can get their head through an opening, the body can follow.

nuh uh!

Great Danes are the best.

Also, did anyone hear Roy Jones' comments on the Mike Vick case? He sounded retarded and referenced this event. I'll look for a link of the interview, its pretty funny.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 12:33 AM
on the other hand Sean's boy Starbury pulled a complete 180 on his stance yesterday.

I feel it won't be too long before we find out Starbury is a major drug addict.

Methais
08-24-2007, 12:34 AM
nuh uh!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/GreatDane.jpg

Also, did anyone hear Roy Jones' comments on the Mike Vick case? He sounded retarded and referenced this event. I'll look for a link of the interview, its pretty funny.

Reported for posting nudity.

Gan
08-24-2007, 12:45 AM

Until you go stumbling through the house in the middle of the night and step in a pile of shit up to your waist.

Yes, my parents raised St. Bernards. I know the wonderful feeling that makes as it squeezes up between your toes. And the smell... oh the smell. It stays with you it does.

grapedog
08-24-2007, 01:12 AM
If only that was the same with people who have their head stuck up their ass...there wouldn't be nearly as much of a population problem as we have today.