08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Felony Conspiracy?

What a fucking cop-out.

Skeeter
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
I hate him because he's black.

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Last I checked they didn't have much detail.

Yeesh, stupid ass..I mean you are given the world to you on a platter from playing football, and you feel the need to dog fight?

Idiot..find something better to do with your time..

Angela

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
He'll never play again, thank god. What a sad waste of a life.

Keller
08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
The dude fought dogs.

He didn't rape children.

Get some fucking perspective, people.

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I was just telling my boyfriend the same thing, literally two seconds ago.

Me As much as I detest what he did..he killed dogs not people.
Me He's going to do more jail time than OJ.

Angela

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah because him doing something illegal, but not as illegal as someone else's crime means it's not that big of a deal. Yep.

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Anyone who can drown/beat/whatever to eventually kill 8 dogs, is a big deal.

Perspective my ass. He doesn't belong in a professional sports program.

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm thrilled he's going to jail*(hopefully)* and that he's pled guilty.

Poor dogs..I mean if they didn't fight well, why kill them?

Bastard.

Angela

Trouble
08-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I can even almost understand shooting them, since it's quick if done right (although I highly doubt they did it right); but to drown, hang, and otherwise torture, I find completely unacceptable.

Drew
08-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm thrilled he's going to jail*(hopefully)* and that he's pled guilty.

Poor dogs..I mean if they didn't fight well, why kill them?

Bastard.

Angela

What should he have done with them? You can't give them away to other people. They are already trained to fight with any other dog so they can't be let free, your only option really is to keep them caged the rest of their life or to kill them.

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
What should he have done with them? You can't give them away to other people. They are already trained to fight with any other dog so they can't be let free, your only option really is to keep them caged the rest of their life or to kill them.

Which adds to the reasons why he's a piece of shit. Using living animals as a means to an unproductive end (I'm saying this because I'm all for animal-testing to save humans) is disgusting.

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
But he's not OJ. Let's have some perspective. He's not that bad.

Skeeter
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
You torture them as a lesson to the other dogs.

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
You torture them as a lesson to the other dogs.

Your icon really makes me miss Florida.

RichardCranium
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
The tits are way too big but those hips and legs are fucking nice.

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah because him doing something illegal, but not as illegal as someone else's crime means it's not that big of a deal. Yep.

So you think child molestation = fighting/disposing of dogs?

That's sick, CT.

Edit to add: I hope my dogs molest your children and you kill my dogs, after making them fight each other.

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
But he's not OJ. Let's have some perspective. He's not a waste of life.

Fixed so that you can better comprehend what I was saying.

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Ever fight dogs Keller? ;)

Gan
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
He's simply an idiot. End of discussion. Who's next?

Gan
08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
The tits are way too big but those hips and legs are fucking nice.

/agreed.

Put a nice full set of C's on that and it would be purrrfect.

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 04:20 PM

That's sick, CT.

Edit to add: I hope my dogs molest your children and you kill my dogs, after making them fight each other.
WTF. Who said anything about being equal? Doing something illegal is doing something illegal. You don't just dismiss this act because it's not as bad as another act. Both are despicable in their own way. Besides it was more of a retort to someone else's moronic comparison to OJ, so lighten up just a tad.

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Ever fight dogs Keller? ;)

I used to wrestle with my great dane. He was a 150 lbs of baby.

Blazing247
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM

That's sick, CT.

I don't think that's what she's saying, but then again, I think you know that already.

You know what trait most serial killers have in common right...

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think that's what she's saying, but then again, I think you know that already.

They either defend the abuse of animals or practice it?

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
WTF. Who said anything about being equal? Doing something illegal is doing something illegal. You don't just dismiss this act because it's not as bad as another act. Both are despicable in their own way. Besides it was more of a retort to someone else's moronic comparison to OJ, so lighten up just a tad.

I didn't dismiss it. I just don't think it deserves the moral outrage people have shown over it.

I felt the same way over the Terri Shiavo bullshit.

ps - My edit was intended to lighten the mood. I hope you didn't think I was serious. =p

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Composure?

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 04:26 PM
It kinda pissed me off, but I'm used to you pseudo lawyers having to be sensationalists to get a point across lately.

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:27 PM
It kinda pissed me off, but I'm used to you pseudo lawyers having to be sensationalists to get a point across lately.

At least you don't mischaracterize what I'm arguing and put it in italics to be a part of the cool crowd.

Drew
08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
They either defend the abuse of animals or practice it?

Which is of course a crock of crap. Just because we don't like serial killers and molesting dogs doesn't mean we should just make up facts that just makes the person repeating them look stupid. This is the same thing I tell my mom when she emails me stuff like "FWD: Barack Obama is muslim trained in a mosque!". If you don't like something, dislike it on the actual grounds, repeating oft-said lies only makes you look stupid.

Xaerve
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Which is of course a crock of crap. Just because we don't like serial killers and molesting dogs doesn't mean we should just make up facts that just makes the person repeating them look stupid. This is the same thing I tell my mom when she emails me stuff like "FWD: Barack Obama is muslim trained in a mosque!". If you don't like something, dislike it on the actual grounds, repeating oft-said lies only makes you look stupid.

Get a clue. I guess you just like responding with platitudes maybe?

Hint: (I wasn't being serious, to the not serious post I was responding to)

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
At least you don't mischaracterize what I'm arguing and put it in italics to be a part of the cool crowd.
Pay attention. It was never about what YOU said.

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Pay attention. It was never about what YOU said.

Hmmmm, I see.

If I realize I was wrong, does typing in italics make it go away?

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Hmmmm, I see.

If I realize I was wrong, does typing in italics make it go away?
Dick. :tongue:

KELLER ADMITTED HE WAS WRONG! SOMEONE MARK THIS ON THE CALENDAR!

DeV
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
He might be required to serve a few months, if that, in prison. As far as losing/forfeiting his football career; that remains to be seen.

If those in charge of prosecuting the case were so intent on making an example of Vick, making him pay for committing such despicable acts on animals, they wouldn't have offered him a fucking plea bargain in the first place.

Prison will probably be a cake walk for a guy like Vick, not unfamilar with bad guys doing bad things. There is no Bubba he'd have to be wary of while in prison ... he IS Bubba. Do the crime, pay the time is my motto, but I also see what Keller is saying here and somewhat agree with him.

Where is the outrage over dog-fighting when it's not centered around Michael Vick & Co? Oh, right, there was none.

Blazing247
08-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Where is the outrage over dog-fighting when it's not centered around Michael Vick & Co? Oh, right, there was none.

I didn't necessarily equate to this a Vick only issue, it's interesting that you have. Any dog fighting ring that is busted is a good thing, IMO, it just so happens that most of them don't make national headlines. Is Vick getting more flack for it than most probably would? Of course, he's a "celebrity" which many people oddly look up to. If Bush were dogfighting and I was dogfighting, both are the same crime, but I think there'd be more outrage if he did it. You think? Don't make something out of nothing.

Keller
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
I didn't necessarily equate to this a Vick only issue, it's interesting that you have. Any dog fighting ring that is busted is a good thing, IMO, it just so happens that most of them don't make national headlines. Is Vick getting more flack for it than most probably would? Of course, he's a "celebrity" which many people oddly look up to. If Bush were dogfighting and I was dogfighting, both are the same crime, but I think there'd be more outrage if he did it. You think? Don't make something out of nothing.

I think there is an added element in the Vick case.

Not only is he a celebrity, but I think a lot of people have an axe to grind. Vick had been a media superstar before this whole incident and a lot of people (rightfully) resented the attention he got for his mediocre skills. So he had an uphill battle in the first place because that disposition made him easy to dislike.

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
I'd hate it despite who's involved. Personally I believe it escalated to this magnitude because usually people put athletes as good examples and/or role models. So when someone like this who is popular and looked up to, and does it strictly for sport and not to make money, resorting to such outlandish activities, it becomes more of an issue.

Gan
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM

Maybe in your neck of the woods. Here in Houston and the surrounding area, its a very big deal. And a huge outrage in our community. Especially when someone who's trying to be like the guys fighting half train their pit bull or other crossbreed and it gets loose and attacks/kills someone.

Thats where people need to face serious consequences for the actions they commit to when they feel like they need to own a 'fighting' dog and look cool like the other idiots who partake in this illegal activity.

Sean of the Thread
08-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Let's keep in mind that the time in the plea is only a guideline... the judge can really lay the fucking wood to him above and beyond the guideline or he could go the other way and be lenient.

AT any rate a lot of the comments in this thread are disturbing if not retarded.

DeV
08-20-2007, 05:35 PM
I didn't necessarily equate to this a Vick only issue, it's interesting that you have. More to the point, it's mainly that I agree with this:
I just don't think it deserves the moral outrage people have shown over it. As far as equating it to a Vick only issue; clearly, it is not.

Is Vick getting more flack for it than most probably would?He is a NFL player who broke the law and I agree that he will be held accountable for his actions. I just think the high moral outrage is retarded as hell coming from some people and also.... too little too late. I am completely against dog-fighting in case that needs to be explained.

Drew
08-20-2007, 05:43 PM
NFL players get in trouble all the time, no one gives a shit. Drunk driving is a MUCH more serious crime than dog fighting and you don't see any outraged threads when NFL players drive drunk.

RichardCranium
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I would imagine that anything relating to Vick's future in the NFL would hinge on the fact that he was heavily involved in illegal betting and that the actual dog fighting weigh in only slightly.

Skeeter
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Isn't about time someone broke out the

IF IT WAS TOM BRADY NOBODY WOULD CARE

card?

DeV
08-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe in your neck of the woods. Here in Houston and the surrounding area, its a very big deal. And a huge outrage in our community. Especially when someone who's trying to be like the guys fighting half train their pit bull or other crossbreed and it gets loose and attacks/kills someone.

Thats where people need to face serious consequences for the actions they commit to when they feel like they need to own a 'fighting' dog and look cool like the other idiots who partake in this illegal activity.I meant in the media in general. From now on dog-fighting will be eternally associated with Michael Vick, which is understandable. It's an issue that crosses state lines and one that might actually be addressed sometime soon instead of banning specific breeds of dogs and hoping the problem will go away.

Keller
08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Isn't about time someone broke out the

IF IT WAS TOM BRADY NOBODY WOULD CARE

card?

I think Tom Brady is equally undeserving of his place in today's quarterback pantheon. So I'd care.

TheEschaton
08-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Tom Brady is a mediocre quarterback.

That is all.

Silhouette of Doom
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh wait TOM BRADY IS THE BEST QB IN FOOTBALL.

Sean
08-20-2007, 07:54 PM
NFL players get in trouble all the time, no one gives a shit. Drunk driving is a MUCH more serious crime than dog fighting and you don't see any outraged threads when NFL players drive drunk.

I for one was outraged when Najeh Davenport broke into his girlfriends place and shit in her laundry hamper.

Silhouette of Doom
08-20-2007, 07:55 PM
<<Drunk driving is a MUCH more serious crime than dog fighting>>

What about dog murdering?

Sean
08-20-2007, 08:05 PM
<<Drunk driving is a MUCH more serious crime than dog fighting>>

What about dog murdering?

Thats kind of moot until we find out what Vick pleads guilty to.

Silhouette of Doom
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Court documents released last week showed that two of Vick's alleged partners said he helped kill dogs that didn't fight well, and that the three men "executed approximately eight dogs" in ways that included hanging and drowning.

The dogs were killed because they fared poorly in "testing" sessions in April at Vick's property in Virginia, where the dogfighting venture was based, according to documents released following guilty pleas from two co-defendants -- Purnell Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, and Quanis Phillips, 28, of Atlanta.

It doesn't really matter what Vick pleads guilty to, when two others have already done it for him. The point stands.

Sean of the Thread
08-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm looking forward to finding out as well. The sooner this shit stops puking from my sports talk the happier I'll be. Everyone else flipped and plead out first.. leaving him as the likely leader. Two of the plea agreements from the other defendants had him participating personally in the killing of at least eight dogs.

Sean
08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
It doesn't really matter what Vick pleads guilty to, when two others have already done it for him. The point stands.

It very much matters what he actually pleads to all they've done is make statements to things he may have allegedly done.

TheSmooth1
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
The "it's only a dog" thing is utter bullshit. They can't defend themselves,(well, in the way a person can) and in no way could ever deserve dying like
that.

Fuck jail, the son of a bitch should be executed.

Sean
08-20-2007, 08:22 PM
The "it's only a dog" thing is utter bullshit. They can't defend themselves,(well, in the way a person can) and in no way could ever deserve dying like
that.

Fuck jail, the son of a bitch should be executed.

In what ways should they be killed then.

Skeeter
08-20-2007, 08:27 PM
wood chipper.

TheSmooth1
08-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Old age. Cars. The usual.

Beyond euthanizing for "humane" reasons, I don't feel they should be killed by a person for something it has no control over.

Latrinsorm
08-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Smooth1, would your opinion on Vick's punishment change if it was revealed that his brain has been ravaged by syphillis, leaving him with the cognitive abilities of an especially backwards four year old?

Sean
08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Old age. Cars. The usual.

Beyond euthanizing for "humane" reasons, I don't feel they should be killed by a person for something it has no control over.

This seems to be the general HSUS line of reasoning for why Vick is more eviler than skeletor himself. But unless you're an uber vegan "humane" death of animals I'd think that can't fight back like people really can't be your greatest concern.

Drew
08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah eating cows isn't humane. I have no idea if you are a vegan or not but with that line of thinking you should be.

Messiah
08-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Man's Best Friend. With Friends Like That Who Needs Enemies?

Methais
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM
I was just telling my boyfriend the same thing, literally two seconds ago.

Me As much as I detest what he did..he killed dogs not people.
Me He's going to do more jail time than OJ.

Angela

I'd kill a person before I killed a dog.

Skeeter
08-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I'd save my cat from a burning building before I'd save my neighbor.

Oh wait, that's a different thread.

TheSmooth1
08-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Smooth1, would your opinion on Vick's punishment change if it was revealed that his brain has been ravaged by syphillis, leaving him with the cognitive abilities of an especially backwards four year old?

Most likely. Point?

I guess you guys bring up a good point, but I actually enjoy steak. Rare :)

I don't really know how to put it into words(letters?). Maybe I just like dogs more than cows, or any other animal.

I just don't like the trivializing of a death of an animal like that. Unless it tastes good. Horrible of me, I know. I don't know what to think of the Asians munching on dog legs. :shrug:

Again, I don't know what to make of my own thoughts. My thoughts are that killing a dog is wrong for those specific reasons of the topic. But then, I should feel the same way about cows. Maybe it's because I like beef.

I get the feeling my post doesn't make any sense. I also agree with Methais.

Silhouette of Doom
08-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Killing for food is nature. Killing dogs for being poor fighters is not.

Drew
08-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm just curious, does the manner the dog dies matter to people? For instance a dog farmed in China for food that gets its head chopped off would be different from a fighting dog?

Celephais
08-21-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm just curious, does the manner the dog dies matter to people? For instance a dog farmed in China for food that gets its head chopped off would be different from a fighting dog?

Yeah, head chopped off to be eatten is fine...

I don't think people would appreciate cow fighting rings very much.
http://www.d2tomb.com/images/quests/cow_right.jpg

Drew
08-21-2007, 02:14 AM

Camel wrestling is supposed to be enthralling.

Methais
08-21-2007, 02:29 AM

Not to mention a dog getting decapitated is a pretty quick death, whereas being slammed into the ground until you die is just a bit more agonizing.

Nieninque
08-21-2007, 02:45 AM
He's going to do more jail time than OJ.

You don't think that is because he has pleaded guilty to his offence, whereas OJ was found not guilty?

Gelston
08-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Most likely. Point?

I guess you guys bring up a good point, but I actually enjoy steak. Rare :)

I don't really know how to put it into words(letters?). Maybe I just like dogs more than cows, or any other animal.

I just don't like the trivializing of a death of an animal like that. Unless it tastes good. Horrible of me, I know. I don't know what to think of the Asians munching on dog legs. :shrug:

Again, I don't know what to make of my own thoughts. My thoughts are that killing a dog is wrong for those specific reasons of the topic. But then, I should feel the same way about cows. Maybe it's because I like beef.

I get the feeling my post doesn't make any sense. I also agree with Methais.

Dog tastes pretty damn good, but cow is better.

Sean
08-21-2007, 07:42 AM

I'm sure some Spanish matadors disagree.

Heh apparently the swiss do too, who knew that was an actual event? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_fighting

Sean of the Thread
08-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I want to see some all out battle cow action. Strap on some chainsaws and weed wackers.. good to go.

Landrion
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM

Are you saying that serial killers in particular and violent criminals in general dont have higher than normal incidence of animal abuse? Im cautious about calling anything a causal relationship but Im pretty sure the incidence is real.

Some serial killers display one or more of what are known as the "MacDonald triad" of warning signs in childhood. These are:
Cruelty to animals (related to "zoosadism"). Many children may be cruel to animals, such as pulling the legs off spiders, but future serial killers often kill larger animals, like dogs and cats, and frequently for their solitary enjoyment rather than to impress peers.

With our increased awareness, we have also discovered that there is a terribly frightening connection between cruelty toward animals as children and violent crimes toward humans later in life.

Keller
08-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Are you saying that serial killers in particular and violent criminals in general dont have higher than normal incidence of animal abuse? Im cautious about calling anything a causal relationship but Im pretty sure the incidence is real.

Blacks are cruel to fighting dogs. People who are cruel to animals are more likely than those who are not cruel to animals to become serial killers. Therefore, blacks are serial killers.

see Male Coloureds Murder More (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=26421)

Sean of the Thread
08-21-2007, 10:25 AM
This thread has reached the retard limit already and we're still under 100 posts.

Gan
08-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Whats the purpose of owning/raising/training a fighting dog?

Is it because it lends a sense of machismo or status to the owner?
Is it because watching dog fights is a great and entertaining sport?
Is it because its another aveneue for gambling?What kind of person requires the posession of a dog trained to attack other animals for sport in order to feel validated in their social circle?

What kind of person finds enjoyment in the sport of watching two animals try and kill each other? Taking bets on how long someone will throw in a boxing/UFC example on this one...
What kind person requires this type of even as an aveneue for betting when there are so many other various forms available to them?

Clove
08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
This thread has reached the retard limit already and we're still under 100 posts.

I agree with Sean2 on this point. And a little part of my soul just died.

The guy broke the law and was criminally cruel to animals and I don't give a rats ass who is or what he does- he needs to face charges and serve the sentence of the court. If that causes him to suffer other consequences (like losing his job) too bad.

As I see it, none of it is excessive. It's life.

Nieninque
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM

Is it because its another aveneue for gambling?What kind of person requires the posession of a dog trained to attack other animals for sport in order to feel validated in their social circle?

What kind of person finds enjoyment in the sport of watching two animals try and kill each other? Taking bets on how long someone will throw in a boxing/UFC example on this one...
What kind person requires this type of even as an aveneue for betting when there are so many other various forms available to them?

What kind of person fails consistently to spell avenue correctly?

In other matters, apart from the misspelling I agree with the insinuations you are making.

Comparisons to other crimes/criminals/sentences are non-sequituers (sp?). This was a violent crime towards living creatures and is deserving of the punishment that is incoming...assuming that the court doesnt go all carebear.

There are many reasons that people or animals have to kill other living things in this world, some of them are justified. Entertainment is not one of those justified reasons. People who are claiming that this is no big issue need beating around the head to the point of unconsciousness and then have someone come tell them, "well at least they didnt kill you!"

Sean
08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I for one hope they start prosecuting all the camp kids who pick legs of daddy long legs spiders.

Parkbandit
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM

In other matters, apart from the misspelling I agree with the insinuations you are making.

Comparisons to other crimes/criminals/sentences are non-sequituers (sp?). This was a violent crime towards living creatures and is deserving of the punishment that is incoming...assuming that the court doesnt go all carebear.

There are many reasons that people or animals have to kill other living things in this world, some of them are justified. Entertainment is not one of those justified reasons. People who are claiming that this is no big issue need beating around the head to the point of unconsciousness and then have someone come tell them, "well at least they didnt kill you!"

Complain about someone's spelling... but throw a (sp?) behind a word it's acceptable?

Use spell check. It's an integrated (sp?) part of Windows Internet Explorer now.

Deadelf
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
>>Use spell check. It's an integrated (sp?) part of Windows Internet Explorer now. Parkbandit

It is? Shows how much I pay attention, that said I live with my typos and everyone else has to as well. :>

Jim

Parkbandit
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
As a dog owner, I find Vick's crimes despicable. Anyone that could do what he is accused of has some missing wiring in his brain...

I hope he ends up being someone's bitch in the slammer.

Parkbandit
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
>>Use spell check. It's an integrated (sp?) part of Windows Internet Explorer now. Parkbandit

It is? Shows how much I pay attention, that said I live with my typos and everyone else has to as well. :>

Jim

It is on mine.. there is a little green check mark with "ABC" over it. It spell checks anything you type in web form.

Deadelf
08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
LOL, you know I do see that to the right of what I'm posting in small font. I dont see at the top of my Explorer though as a standard tool. Opps I see, I need to download it, consider it being downloaded now though since I am rather lousy at spelling! Thanks for the info Parkbandit.

Clove
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I for one hope they start prosecuting all the camp kids who pick legs of daddy long legs spiders.

Get it passed on a legislation bill and I'm sure they will. Good luck with that.

Celephais
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
It is on mine.. there is a little green check mark with "ABC" over it. It spell checks anything you type in web form.

That's the google toolbar.

Parkbandit
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh shit, you are right.

Who doesn't have Google toolbar though!

Sean
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Clove
Get it passed on a legislation bill and I'm sure they will. Good luck with that.

I'm figuring to have the support of animal rights activists all over the globe.

Methais
08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
I also agree with Methais.

And that's all that matters.

LazyBard
08-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Had to make sure I highlighted your hidden portion of that post.

And yes pretty much every person in the world has different tastes as to what they enjoy watching be it sport, movie or live event

I personally dont care to watch dog fighting, bull fighting etc etc
but then again I think its stupid watching faces of death video's as well but I dont perceive myself as being above another person because its something they enjoy watching.

Latrinsorm
08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Most likely. Point?I was curious! :)
What kind of person requires the posession of a dog trained to attack other animals for sport in order to feel validated in their social circle?Is this the part where you say "whose values? Michael Vick's values aren't your values!!!!!!"?

CrystalTears
08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I think its stupid watching faces of death video's as well but I dont perceive myself as being above another person because its something they enjoy watching.
<--- Guilty.

Keller
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
CT, please slow down your avatar.

Thanks!

Sean
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
On a more serious note I'm genuinely curious what disturbs people the most:
A. Fighting dogs for amusement
B. Killing/Disposing of failed dogs
C. Betting on fights

CrystalTears
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Killing/disposing of failed dogs, for me.

Methais
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
B, A, then C.

Trouble
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
B, A, then C.

Same here.

Nieninque
08-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Complain about someone's spelling... but throw a (sp?) behind a word it's acceptable?

Use spell check. It's an integrated (sp?) part of Windows Internet Explorer now.

I dont use IE...It blows.
It was flagged up as a spelling mistake in Firefox, but there was no alternative. As it happens, it appears to be a spelling that is listed, if not the spelling of the word. As it is a foreign word, I dont feel too bad about it, and it certainly doesnt make me feel bad about pointing out someone's repeated misspelling of avenue, as that is a word I was spelling correctly at the age of about 6.

Nieninque
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
C. Betting on fights

A and B are inter-related. To try and distinguish between the two is retarded. One cannot exist without the other.

C cannot exist without the first two...therefore your poll is stupid.

Animal cruelty is sick, right across the board.

Sean
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
So your answer is A. That was a lot easier and didn't require you to shove a stick in your ass.

Nieninque
08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Your poll is as stupid as you.

My answer is all of them. Sorry you have no capacity to understand simple concepts.

Gan
08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
The kind who really doesn't care. Thanks for feeling important enough to point out the obvious, captain.

C. Betting on fights

All the above are pretty much equal in my opinion.

LazyBard
08-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Your poll is as stupid as you.

My answer is all of them. Sorry you have no capacity to understand simple concepts.

I use to wonder why people kept bashing you. Trying to irritate you as if you were their little sister with a cut on her finger and they your brother telling you don't worry just pour lemon juice over it and it will stop hurting. But the more I read your posts the less I wonder.

Keller
08-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I use to wonder why people kept bashing you. Trying to irritate you as if you were their little sister with a cut on her finger and they your brother telling you don't worry just pour lemon juice over it and it will stop hurting. But the more I read your posts the less I wonder.

Nien, wait on the response.

I'm going to get my :popcorn:

Nieninque
08-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Can't be bothered. Couldn't care less.

It was a stupid poll.

All of the above was the answer.

Who the fuck is Lazybard anyway? And why should I care?

You got the popcorn yet?

Keller
08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Can't be bothered. Couldn't care less.

It was a stupid poll.

All of the above was the answer.

Who the fuck is Lazybard anyway? And why should I care?

You got the popcorn yet?

Yup. Popcorn is salted.

Heart healthy, no butter today.

Blazing247
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Let down by butter once again. Kill for me, damn you.

Solkern
08-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Virigina law

Once a plea bargain has been accepted, the DA, decides the jail time to be served(pre court)

the judge cannot change the plea agreement at all, he cann't "lay down the hammer" or however you put it on vick
it's a commonwealth state, that's how it goes

he can accept or deny the plea bargain, he does not decide the amount of jail time vick will serve, if he accepts the deal.

Sean
08-21-2007, 06:33 PM
A and B are inter-related. To try and distinguish between the two is retarded. One cannot exist without the other.

C cannot exist without the first two...therefore your poll is stupid.

Animal cruelty is sick, right across the board.

The problem really seems to be with your comprehension. The question was what bothers you most. If your answer is all of them bother you the same then more power to you. If you feel more strongly about just general animal cruelty but don't care about what people do with their money C wouldn't apply to you. If you don't really care if people fight dogs but care more about what they do with them after a fight then B would bother you the most etc. Just because you happen to be unwilling of distinguish between differences isn't really my problem.

For example its speculated the Michael Vick will plead guilty to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges. Assuming that its under the guidelines of the Animal Welfare Act it has nothing to do with killing dogs and everything to do with operating a dogfighting facility. If you are most disturbed my the killing of the failed dogs does this seem like justice to you?

Latrinsorm
08-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Virigina law

Once a plea bargain has been accepted, the DA, decides the jail time to be served(pre court)

the judge cannot change the plea agreement at all, he cann't "lay down the hammer" or however you put it on vick
it's a commonwealth state, that's how it goes

he can accept or deny the plea bargain, he does not decide the amount of jail time vick will serve, if he accepts the deal.But it's not a Virigina case, it's a federal case.

Warriorbird
08-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Federal dogfighting? Sort of instructive, that.

Alfster
08-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I like Sean's train of thought.

Ignot
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
It's not like he spelled avenue like aveanuae, you still knew what he was talking about. Do we need spelling police on every thread?

And lets not gloss over the bigger issue here. The Atlanta Falcons are going to have to start Joey Harrington. Think of all the suffering fans they are going to have....

Parkbandit
08-22-2007, 07:53 AM
It's not like he spelled avenue like aveanuae, you still knew what he was talking about. Do we need spelling police on every thread?

And lets not gloss over the bigger issue here. The Atlanta Falcons are going to have to start Joey Harrington. Think of all the suffering fans they are going to have....

At least the Bucs will have 2 wins in their schedule this year. Maybe 2-14 ISN'T A PIPEDREAM ANYMORE!!!

Clove
08-22-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm figuring to have the support of animal rights activists all over the globe.

I know, they are apparently more powerful than the teeming masses that participate in dog fighting so they seem omnipotent; but it's an illusion.

Nieninque
08-22-2007, 08:20 AM
The problem really seems to be with your comprehension. The question was what bothers you most. If your answer is all of them bother you the same then more power to you. If you feel more strongly about just general animal cruelty but don't care about what people do with their money C wouldn't apply to you.

Actually, your question wasn't about betting, per se, but betting on dogfighting. Dogfighting's appeal is pretty much so that people can bet on them...although there must also be some kind of sadistic pleasure involved from seeing two living creatures fight to the death.

If you had said, as part of your poll, "betting" rather than "betting on fights" then I would agree with you here. I couldnt care less that people bet. It's their money, let them trash it in casinos or whatever. When they start betting on something sick, it goes beyond people's rights to choose what to do with their money.

I do begin to care, however, when that betting is the source of funding that continues an unethical/inhumane practice. The betting on dogfights is an integral part of the practice. I'm sure you can see that.

If you don't really care if people fight dogs but care more about what they do with them after a fight then B would bother you the most etc.

And again, this is just naive. Practices whereby animals are conditioned to behave as violently as they are in dogfighting include by necessity the killing of dogs that don't come up to the mark. It was the same in the fox-hunting industry that used to exist here. The dogs that dont fight/hunt accordingly, cannot then be used for other purposes, so are killed. A and B are subsequently intertwined, you cannot have one without the other.

Edited to add: It would also be pretty stupid to think A is any more or any less humane than B, given that the whole idea of dogfighting is for one of the dogs to be killed by the other. I dont understand people who are saying "Yeah, dogfighting is OK but they shouldnt kill the ones that dont perform well..." End Edit.

Just because you happen to be unwilling of distinguish between differences isn't really my problem.

You offered three aspects of dogfighting that don't exist without the other two. They all bother me...as I said. Pitching two living creatures against each other to see which one kills the other first is sick. Killing ones which dont perform is as equally sick, but given the performance-related aspects of dogfighting, is a necessary part of the practice. Betting only concerns me when it is on something that is as sleazy and inhumane as dogfighting, and when it is the betting that funds it.

Just because you happen to be unwilling of recognising the connection between the three choices isn't really my problem.

For example its speculated the Michael Vick will plead guilty to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges. Assuming that its under the guidelines of the Animal Welfare Act it has nothing to do with killing dogs and everything to do with operating a dogfighting facility. If you are most disturbed my the killing of the failed dogs does this seem like justice to you?

That's a separate issue. I think people can look at most sentencing for most crimes and feel them to be inadequate. I doubt he will be sentenced to anywhere near as much as he should be, so I don't think there will be true justice by any means.

He is, however, being dealt with, and that's something.

Clove
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
The problem really seems to be with your comprehension. The question was what bothers you most. If your answer is all of them bother you the same then more power to you. ...

Alfster may like your train of thought, but I'm trying to find your train of thought. Whether or not A, B or C offends more or less isn't really much of a point. Vandalism may offend more than theft but either is unacceptable. Rape may be more offensive than murder, yet both are deserving of severe punishment. Both A and B are offensive and C was used as a vehicle for A and B. Doesn't matter which part he took in it Vicks admits to being a party to (judging from public response) an entirely offensive, illegal enterprise.

Skeeter
08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
In other news I've decided to fund a baby fighting ring. We'll strap switchblades to babies heads and let them go at it.

TO THE DEATH!

Gan
08-22-2007, 09:39 AM
In other news I've decided to fund a baby fighting ring. We'll strap switchblades to babies heads and let them go at it.

TO THE DEATH!

You need to back this up with some imagery (Ironic considering my thoughts in the book thread...)

Clove
08-22-2007, 10:11 AM

TO THE DEATH!

The first rule of Baby Fight Club... is you do NOT talk about Baby Fight Club.

Methais
08-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Since babies can't talk, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Skeeter
08-22-2007, 11:17 PM
There really is no good pics of babies with switchblades. I'll have to borrow a neighbor kid.

chillmonster
08-24-2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/parenting/2006/11/20/chucky240x268.jpg

This is as good as it gets.

Parkbandit
08-24-2007, 03:38 PM
There really is no good pics of babies with switchblades. I'll have to borrow a neighbor kid.

Switchblades are for pussies who can't handle the ninja longblade:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/18604.jpg

RichardCranium
08-24-2007, 08:23 PM
NFL suspends 'reprehensible' Vick indefinitely
League makes move hours after quarterback strikes plea deal

No matter how nuanced his confession for involvement in dogfighting, Michael Vick got no leniency Friday from the NFL.

Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended the Atlanta Falcons quarterback indefinitely without pay, just hours after Vick filed a plea agreement that portrayed him as less involved than three co-defendants and guilty mainly of poor judgment for associating with them.

Vick acknowledged bankrolling gambling on the dogfights, but denied placing bets himself or taking any of the winnings. He admitted that dogs not worthy of the pit were killed “as a result of the collective efforts” of himself and two co-defendants.

Goodell wasn’t moved and didn’t bother to wait until Monday, when U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson will formally accept the plea and set a sentencing date likely to land Vick in prison for one to five years.
The commissioner said Vick’s admitted conduct was “not only illegal but also cruel and reprehensible.” Even if he didn’t personally placed bets, Goodell said, “your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL player contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player.”

Goodell freed the Falcons to “assert any claims or remedies” to recover $22 million of Vick’s signing bonus from the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed in 2004.

The commissioner didn’t speak to Vick but based his decision on the court filings. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Goodell may meet with Vick in the future, and Goodell said he would review the suspension after all the legal proceedings.

“You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s personal conduct policy,” Goodell told Vick in a letter after meeting in New York with Falcons president and general manager Rich McKay.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank supported Goodell’s decision and said:

“We hope that Michael will use this time, not only to further address his legal matters, but to take positive steps to improve his personal life.”

Earlier Friday in Richmond, Va., a “summary of facts” signed by Vick was filed along with his written plea agreement on a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge.

“While Mr. Vick is not personally charged with or responsible for committing all of the acts alleged in the indictment, as with any conspiracy charge, he is taking full responsibility for his actions and the actions of the others involved,” the defense team said in a written statement after the plea agreement was filed.

“Mr. Vick apologizes for his poor judgment in associating himself with those involved in dog fighting and realizes he should never have been involved in this conduct,” the statement said.

Vick and his lawyers said his involvement was limited when it came to the enterprise known as the Bad Newz Kennels.

“Our position has been that we are going to try to help Judge Hudson understand all the facts and Michael’s role,” Vick’s defense attorney, Billy Martin, said in telephone interview. “Michael’s role was different than others associated with this incident.”

Vick’s summary of facts said he provided most of the Bad Newz Kennels operation and gambling monies, echoing language in plea agreements by the three co-defendants — Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

When the dogs won, the statement said, gambling proceeds were generally shared by Taylor, Peace and Phillips.

“Vick did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights. Vick did not receive any of the proceeds of the purses that were won by Bad Newz Kennels,” the court document said.

According to the statement, Vick also was involved with the others in killing six to eight dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions last April. The dogs were executed by drowning or hanging.

“Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts” of Vick, Phillips and Peace, the statement said.

In the plea agreement, the government committed to recommending a sentence on the low end of the federal sentencing guideline range of a year to 18 months. However, the conspiracy charge is punishable by up to five years in prison, and the judge is not bound by any recommendation or by the guidelines.

Hudson has a reputation for imposing stiff sentences, according to lawyers who have appeared in his court. The judge will set a sentencing date at Monday’s hearing.

Martin said Vick will “speak to the public and explain his actions.” Though he declined to say when and where, the Tom Joyner Morning Show, a syndicated program based in Dallas, said it will have a live interview with Vick on Tuesday.

The case began in April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick’s cousin raided a Surry County property owned by Vick and found dozens of dogs, some injured, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

A federal indictment issued in July charged Vick, Peace, Phillips and Taylor with an interstate dogfighting conspiracy. Vick initially denied any involvement, and all four men pleaded innocent. The three co-defendants later pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against Vick.

Taylor was the first to change his plea, saying Vick financed the dogfighting ring’s gambling and operations. Peace and Phillips soon followed, alleging that Vick joined them in killing dogs that did not measure up in test fights.

The sickening details outlined in the indictment and other court papers prompted a public backlash against Vick, who had been one of the NFL’s most popular players.

Animal-rights groups mobilized against Vick — even protesting at NFL headquarters in New York — and sponsors dropped him.

“It is fitting that the NFL has suspended him,” said Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society of the United States. “He’s now a role model for something terrible, and it’s not appropriate that he suit up in an NFL uniform.”

In light of all of these legal problems and coupled with where he was drafted, mediocre football skills and massive contract extension does anyone think this makes Vick one of the biggest busts ever?

Alfster
08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
He IS the biggest bust ever

Sean
08-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Hyperbole much? He's not even close.

Skeeter
08-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Mike Mamula

Sean of the Thread
08-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Tom Brady

Alfster
08-25-2007, 07:22 AM
He is the biggest bust the NFL has seen as far as I'm aware.

OJ would be a bigger bust (busted!), cept he wasn't playing football at the time that he got busted.

I'm aware he's not the biggest bust as far as top picks sucking balls

Sean
08-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I guess if you redefinie the typical definition of a bust to suit your arguement he may be the biggest bust. How exactly do you define bust?

Skeeter
08-25-2007, 10:01 AM
sounds like he's defining bust as busted by the cops.

Sean
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Rae Carruth begs to differ

Having your 8mo preggo girlfriend shot via driveby and then going on the run when she dies to be found hiding from the law in the trunk of your car > fighting dogs and gambling

Gan
08-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Rae Carruth begs to differ

Having your 8mo preggo girlfriend shot via driveby and then going on the run when she dies to be found hiding from the law in the trunk of your car > fighting dogs and gambling

Thats got my vote.

TheEschaton
08-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh yeah, what the fuck happened to that guy?

Sean
08-25-2007, 10:22 AM
19 years in prison

chillmonster
08-25-2007, 05:48 PM
When one of your big stars does something this stupid, R.G. has to come with a strong punishment. He will likely serve about 6-12 months in prison while under the indefinite suspension, and should get another year suspension with a comissioner's review at the end to determine if he has earned reinstatement.

What's really screwed up is Vick is going to miss out on about 100 mil because of a dogfighting operation that he made nothing on. How stupid does this guy feel right now? He ran this thing to help his boys out, and they roll on him before the ink on the indictment is dry. Maybe he'll learn who his friends are and how someone so high profile position should carry himself. I hope he learns from this and emerges a better person.

Tsa`ah
08-25-2007, 06:18 PM
It goes further than that. Goodell has pretty much enabled the Falcon's to recover Vick's 22 mill signing bonus. Or at least take legal action to recover it. Which opens the door for the Falcons to not only terminate the rest of the contract, but recover anything they have paid him since the end of last season.

Nike has also terminated their contracts with Vick.

From the tone of Goodell's statements to and about Vick, I think his career is done in the NFL unless another team decides to toss the dice and go to bat for him in leu of a contract.

Sean
08-25-2007, 06:26 PM
When it comes to that time the NFLPA will be obligated to goto bat for him.

RichardCranium
08-25-2007, 07:04 PM
...What's really screwed up is Vick is going to miss out on about 100 mil because of a dogfighting operation that he made nothing on. How stupid does this guy feel right now? He ran this thing to help his boys out...

Please tell me you don't really believe this?

Methais
08-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Believe what?

A. That he's missing out on 100m.
B. That he made nothing on it.
C. That he feels stupid right now.
D. That he ran it to help his boys out.
E: That Rick Astley is never gonna give you up.
F: That Rick Astley is never gonna let you down.
G: That Rick Astley is never gonna run around and desert you.

RichardCranium
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Quasi Rick rolled. Fuck me.

chillmonster
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Please tell me you don't really believe this?

Please explain to me what the hell you're talking about.

LazyBard
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Please explain to me what the hell you're talking about.

RichardCranium you have to understand Chillmonster is from Atlanta he may be blind to the fact of reality

TheSmooth1
08-26-2007, 07:58 PM
RichardCranium you have to understand Chillmonster is from Atlanta he may be blind to the fact of reality

http://www.slabiak.dk/forum_pictures/stfu-arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg

chillmonster
08-26-2007, 08:16 PM

No, the problem is he hasn't said anything. What don't I believe? What's wrong with what I said? What do you know that I'm not understanding? There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement, but all he did was quote me and write something ambiguous and condescending, which added absolutely nothing at all. I say make a point or shut the fuck up.

RichardCranium
08-26-2007, 08:49 PM
No, the problem is he hasn't said anything. What don't I believe? What's wrong with what I said? What do you know that I'm not understanding? There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement, but all he did was quote me and write something ambiguous and condescending, which added absolutely nothing at all. I say make a point or shut the fuck up.

Please. Tell. Me. You. Don't. Believe. Vick. Bankrolled. The. Operation. Out. Of. The. Goodness. Of. His. Heart. For. His. Boys. And. In. No. Way. Profited.

chillmonster
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Please. Tell. Me. You. Don't. Believe. Vick. Bankrolled. The. Operation. Out. Of. The. Goodness. Of. His. Heart. For. His. Boys. And. In. No. Way. Profited.

Please tell me you don't beleve someone who makes 20 mil a year would be running an operation that made ten to fifteen thousand dollars every few weeks (money that would then be split 4 ways), for the money. Get real. This operation made less in a month than Pacman Jones spends in 2 hours at a strip club.

Sean
08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
not to mention it would have to recoup the costs invested in property, aquisition of the dogs, equipment, etc.

TheEschaton
08-27-2007, 06:01 AM
I think he did it because he's a sick individual, not because he needed to "support his boys". I support my boys if they need it, but if my friends said, "Hey man, we want to start this illegal dog fighting ring, but we need the start up cash to buy dogs, kennels, and train them to fighting condition, can you help us out? Oh, and you might have to execute a bunch of them gangland-style if they're too weak," I'd be like, dudes, you guys need serious psychological help. and then I'd probably find them all headshrinkers with my 20 mil a year.

Gan
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) -- Shortly after entering a guilty plea Monday to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge, suspended NFL quarterback Michael Vick apologized "for all the things that I've done and that I've allowed to happen."

In addition to making apologies to Atlanta Falcons teammates, his coach and the National Football League, Vick also said he was sorry "to all the young kids out there for my immature acts."

"What I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up," he said.
He said that he was "disappointed in myself" and that "dogfighting is a terrible thing and I ... reject it."

He said, "Through this situation I've found Jesus."

more...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/27/michael.vick/index.html
__________________________________________________ _____

Is anyone suprised?

CrystalTears
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM
And Jesus kicked him in the ding-ding.

chillmonster
08-27-2007, 01:21 PM
RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) -- Shortly after entering a guilty plea Monday to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge, suspended NFL quarterback Michael Vick apologized "for all the things that I've done and that I've allowed to happen."

In addition to making apologies to Atlanta Falcons teammates, his coach and the National Football League, Vick also said he was sorry "to all the young kids out there for my immature acts."

"What I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up," he said.
He said that he was "disappointed in myself" and that "dogfighting is a terrible thing and I ... reject it."

He said, "Through this situation I've found Jesus."

more...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/27/michael.vick/index.html

Is anyone suprised?

I liked everything else he said, but what the hell is finding Jesus going supposed to do for me? That's why I hate 'religious' politicians. It's too damned easy to claim religion. People who are swayed by these kind of statements are morons.

Vick, do your time then show people that you've learned something.

Parkbandit
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Who was he pointing to when he scored a touchdown if he JUST found Jesus now?

"OMG, I'm a scumbag, but I FOUND JESUS!! and you should forgive me!"

Skeeter
08-27-2007, 01:40 PM
12 Pitbulls Rescued From DMX’s Arizona Home

12 starving and dehydrated dogs were taken from DMX’s home in Cave Creek, Arizona on Friday. Maricopa County police were alerted to the dog’s conditions through anonymous phone calls made two weeks ago. Waving a search warrant deputies found the malnourished dogs and the buried bodies of three others.

It wasn’t clear how they died, an investigation is underway to determine if there was *drum roll* dog fighting involved. Capt. Paul Chagolla of the Maricopa County said, “We’re doing an investigation. There’s a lot of work to be done here.”

No arrests were made. DMX’s lawyer, Stacey Richman did respond saying DMX hasn’t been to Arizona in two months and wasn’t aware of the dog’s conditions, placing blame on a hired caregiver not doing their job.

This isn’t the first time that DMX has had problems with neglected dogs.

In 1999 police found 13 pitbulls in bad conditions at his home in Teaneck, NJ. With no evidence of dog fighting, he pled guilty to animal cruelty and was ordered to pay a fine and delivered a public service announcement for the Humane Society.

Since Michael Vick’s case brought dog fighting into the spotlight there has been a huge spike in arrests from coast to coast.

In just the last two weeks..

* August 20, 2007: In Atchison, Kan., law enforcement arrested two people and seized 12 dogs. They planned to file dogfighting charges.
* August 19, 2007: Police arrested two teens in Toledo, Ohio, for dogfighting and seized five dogs.
* August 17, 2007: The authorities seized three dogs as well as drugs (ecstasy and crack cocaine) and arrested two men in Ford Heights, Ill., on dogfighting charges.
* August 17, 2007: Officials raided a home in Mount Vernon, N.Y. twice in one week, charging two people with dogfighting-related charges, and seizing a dozen dogs in all.
* August 11, 2007: Law enforcement interrupted a dogfight in Detroit, Mich. The participants ran off, but officials seized three dogs, along with a fighting pit and medication commonly given to fighting dogs.
* August 10, 2007: Following up on the raids in N.M. from the previous day, officials hit two locations in El Paso, Texas, and seized approximately 25 dogs.
* August 10, 2007: A man in Greensboro, N.C., faced dogfighting charges upon his arrest. The authorities seized 14 live dogs and found a dead dog on the property.
* August 9, 2007: Law enforcement raided two locations in Chaparral, N.M., and seized 38 dogs. Officials arrested two men associated with Southwest Kennels.

How many people if any has Vick rolled over on?

chillmonster
08-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Who was he pointing to when he scored a touchdown if he JUST found Jesus now?

"OMG, I'm a scumbag, but I FOUND JESUS!! and you should forgive me!"

I think he was pointing to his grandmother.

Celephais
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/jesus.jpg
(forgive my lack of access to photoshop right now...)

chillmonster
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
How many people if any has Vick rolled over on?

He should roll on everyone. Period. His current sutuation should show that being loyal to idiots like these will only end up biting you in the ass.

SING.

LIKE.

BEYONCE.

Stunseed
08-27-2007, 01:51 PM
He'll be singing quite easily in prison.

Gan
08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Well, now Vick gets a chance to live the thug life for realz.

http://www.citizencaine.org/filler/goldmember.jpg

Skeeter
08-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Vick will be a celebrity in prison. People like to pretend "bubba" will get ahold of him. Vick will BE "bubba"

Sean
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I expect him to have more thug/degenerate friends when he gets out of prison

Stunseed
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Vick's going to walk a different kind of walk after his prison stay. He might garner some respect, but his mouth is going to get him into trouble, you'd have to imagine.

chillmonster
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Vick is going to summer camp with the other high profile, plead out, zero flight risk cases. If he's serious about redemption, it'll be all reading, running, and reflecting.

Parkbandit
08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/jesus.jpg
(forgive my lack of access to photoshop right now...)

OMG! JESUS = 5cm!

Gan
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
OMG! JESUS = 5cm!

Its Pythagorean Jesus!

Keller
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
OMG! JESUS = 5cm!

Jesus = Backlash ?

Or is that Peam?

Skeeter
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Zing!

Gan
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Jesus = Backlash ?

Or is that Peam?

I vote BK, simply because both the 5cm and the repeated resurrection rule applies.

Sean of the Thread
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I vote BK, simply because both the 5cm and the repeated resurrection rule applies.

Lol nice.

Parkbandit
12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Vick sentenced to 23 months in prison.

Nice.

Jayvn
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
and the real number he'll serve?

Gan
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
hahaha

Just in time to watch the playoffs with his cellies.

Talk about being on the other side and looking out.

Sean of the Thread
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
FEDERAL POUND YOU IN THE ASS PRISON

Gan
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Too bad he's not Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton. That would have been reduced to 23 days... or even 23 minutes.

DeV
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
and the real number he'll serve?
A year, probably less if he stays out of trouble.

He's been incarcerated since November so he already has time served under his belt.

Gan
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
A year, probably less if he stays out of trouble.

He's been incarcerated since November so he already has time served under his belt.

These are Federal charges, I dont think there is early release in that venue.

He's still up on State charges, where there is early release for good behavior, etc.

DeV
12-10-2007, 12:43 PM
These are Federal charges, I dont think there is early release in that venue.
I'm pretty sure there is early release for federal charges. I believe it's 50% for state and 75% for federal. He's already done a little under a month so that's time served as well.

Sean of the Thread
12-10-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure there is early release for federal charges. I believe it's 50% for state and 75% for federal. He's already done a little under a month so that's time served as well.

Another black man off the streets is a good thing no matter how long.

Parkbandit
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM

I thought I heard on ESPN today that this was a plea deal on his part and as such, there is no early release.. there is no appeal.

Methais
12-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Pit Bulls don't care about black people.

TheEschaton
12-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, on pleas, prosecution usually demands a determinate sentence (no early-release agreement) in the plea agreement.

-TheE-

Nieninque
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Pit Bulls don't care about black people.

Your avatar is wrong somehow...

Oh yeah. Here, try this:

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/Auwyn/th_goatmeth.jpg

You're welcome.

Sean
12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
According to the ESPN article I read earlier he can get off 3months early.

DeV
12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, on pleas, prosecution usually demands a determinate sentence (no early-release agreement) in the plea agreement.

-TheE-I'm not sure if he agreed to that or not in his plea, but there is early release for federal charges regardless of that.

Skeeter
12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
His level of stupidity still amazes me. Someone give me 100 million, I guarantee I won't fuck it up.

RichardCranium
12-10-2007, 03:23 PM
His level of stupidity still amazes me. Someone give me 100 million, I guarantee I won't fuck it up.

I'm fairly certain I would.

Sean
12-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Skeeter

Yes you would.. you'd lose 1/2 of it right away when your wife divorces you and then even more when child support kicks in. But on the plus side you'd know your discover card bill got paid.

Skeeter
12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Is it too late for a pre-nup?

TheEschaton
12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, pre-nup does imply (or, uh, say) BEFORE nuptials.

Gan
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Post nup = offshore accounts in the Caymans.

Methais
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Your avatar is wrong somehow...

Oh yeah. Here, try this:

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/Auwyn/th_goatmeth.jpg

You're welcome.

:rofl: thanks!

Sean of the Thread
12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure if he agreed to that or not in his plea, but there is early release for federal charges regardless of that.

The earliest he can be released from what I read.. the EARLIEST is October 2009. That's not counting what the state wants to do after his federal shit is over.

Sean of the Thread
12-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Arthur Blank just dropped the (loosely quoted) "hopefully michael doesn't eat too much fried chicken and french fries and come out at 250lbs" as one of the roadblocks to his recovery in the nfl.

rofl.

Tsa`ah
12-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Arthur Blank just dropped the (loosely quoted) "hopefully michael doesn't eat too much fried chicken and french fries and come out at 250lbs" as one of the roadblocks to his recovery in the nfl.

rofl.

Do you think they'll reinstate him?

Sean of the Thread
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm guessing not but who knows. The suspension is indefinite last I heard?

Parkbandit
12-11-2007, 10:17 AM
NFL will.. you can do almost anything and as long as your talent will put asses in the stands, you can get a job. I doubt the Falcons will have him back.. but I bet that a few teams will try him out.

Sean of the Thread
12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
NFL will.. you can do almost anything and as long as your talent will put asses in the stands, you can get a job. I doubt the Falcons will have him back.. but I bet that a few teams will try him out.

Falcons pretty much said they've washed their hands of him.

More than likely he's never going to be in shape again to play a smart position as quarterback after missing three or more seasons.

buh bye vick. Spend your money wisely.

Skeeter
12-11-2007, 10:32 AM
He wont be worth a shit after 3 years out of the league and 2 years in the FPYITAP.

I site Ricky Williams and Mike Tyson as examples.

Sean
12-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Ricky Williams is a poor example he ran well the 1st time he came back from suspension and someone spiked him in his return this year so it's hard to gauge how he would have performed. 3 years out might actually do vick some good since he's a running QB and I'm sure his bodies taken a real beating over the last couple years and I don't think his arm strength will diminish that badly. The only real question in my opinion is his conditioning which is up to him.

Sean of the Thread
12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Ricky didn't spend two years in prison isolated from proper nutrition and sports information and training. He'll hardly recognize anyone or any scheme by the time he gets out.

They don't have nfl direct in federal pound you in the ass last I checked.

There is NO WAY he can stay conditioned mentally and physically for the role of NFL QB while he's gone.

He was a sub par QB before I can only imagine he'll be far worse on the way out.

He's done.

Stunseed
12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
The Lions will pick him up when Kitna breaks a hip. :)

Gan
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Ricky didn't spend two years in prison isolated from proper nutrition and sports information and training. He'll hardly recognize anyone or any scheme by the time he gets out.

There is NO WAY he can stay conditioned mentally and physically for the role of NFL QB while he's gone.

He was a sub par QB before I can only imagine he'll be far worse on the way out.

He's done.

Proper nutrition for a QB? ROFL If you said linebacker or linesman I'd agree. He'll get standard nutrition, if not better due to sans fast food, in a federal joint than he would on the street. Thats correctional management 101.

I'll agree with the lack of mental preparation. He should have plenty of opportunity to work on his physical aspect, as long as he doesnt get hurt/beat down while he's inside.

Sean of the Thread
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
He'll get all the nutrition he needs from bologna sammich's I guess.

Latrinsorm
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Proper nutrition for a QB? ROFLI would say it's pretty difficult to maintain a 215 pound athletic physique in ideal circumstances, and I think that you would agree that being incarcerated is not an ideal circumstance (as far as conditioning, nutrition, etc. goes).

Stunseed
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
You just replace the cortizone with beef for his injections.

Skeeter
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Cost is a much bigger factor in prison food than nutrition. Lots of carbohydrates and starch.

How do I know?

Because I know.

Gan
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
You're all forgetting about mandatory federal and state nutrition guidelines for prison food. Its not all shit on a shingle you know.

Sean
12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Sean2

He's done.

No instead he went on some zen trip to become a holistic healer dropped and 30 lbs below his playing weight on a vegetarian diet. Thats some awesome conditioning program.

Sean of the Thread
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
No instead he went on some zen trip to become a holistic healer dropped and 30 lbs below his playing weight on a vegetarian diet. Thats some awesome conditioning program.

You can't compare it to prison. You lose and Vick loses.

It's game over for Vick.

Skeeter
12-12-2007, 09:48 AM
On a side note it looks like Coach Killer can still get the job done while in jail.

Tsa`ah
12-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Joliet max is probably one of the toughest prisons in the US. One of the most strict.

Arguments about maintaining weight and conditioning are pretty retarded. He's going to a federal pen ... where like Joliet, there will be a commissary system. Even without a commissary system, Joe Thug Gangbanger has access to free weights and the yard ... so will Vick. Joe Thug Gangbanger can maintain a 220lb athletic body ... so can Vick. Joe Thug Gangbanger can, with good behavior, have a TV/radio in his cell ... so can Vick.

In fact, Vick will probably have better access to many things ... including overall treatment ... than Joe Thug Gangbanger in a state max.

Sean of the Thread
12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I didn't say weights. I said proper nutrition. One does not go without the other.

Mentally however he's done.

peam
12-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Vick's playing days are finished in the NFL. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being silly.

Tsa`ah
12-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I agree .... he's done. He wasn't that good to begin with and even if a team was willing to pick him up out of prison ... I doubt the league would lift the suspension.

As far as proper nutrition ... Tyson came out of prison leaner, but still a heavy weight (in overall better condition).

Vic only needs the nutrition to keep in shape ... not perform.

Skeeter
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
If you look at the status of NFL teams 3 years from now 2/3 of them do not have great QB options. A few guys may pan out, but most teams are really in QB trouble.

Someone will take Vick. He will suck but someone will take him.

Warriorbird
12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Pretty much my conclusion.

Sean
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Tsa`ah
I doubt the league would lift the suspension.

I think they will. Leonard Little got drunk and killed a woman with his car did his time and suspension and is playing in the NFL (pre-goodell), Jamal Lewis went to prison for setting up a cocaine deal did his time and suspension and is playing in the NFL (pre-goodell), Jared Allen got 3 DUIs in 4 years served very minimal jail time and got his suspension reduced by Goodell from 4 games to 2 games and is now playing in the NFL. Even one of Goodell's arch-nemesis' Chris Henry is back and playing after I can't visualize their argument for keeping Vick barred from the NFL after he serves his time assuming some team wants to sign him.