PDA

View Full Version : Torrent software.

Sean of the Thread
08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Rather than bump the old threads..

What torrent software are you guys using now days? I see there a bunch of new ones since I last ran it.

Celephais
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm sure you'll get some whoever fanboys in here, but in reality all you need is software that doesn't have any adware and you should be set.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_software

Find one in that list that sounds good and use it, it doesn't really matter if you're just downloading. (I use Azareus, and no complaints)

They all do the same thing, any claims that such-and-such one downloads faster are going to be relatively miniscule differences at best (I think).

Trinitis
08-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm sure you'll get some whoever fanboys in here, but in reality all you need is software that doesn't have any adware and you should be set.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_software

Find one in that list that sounds good and use it, it doesn't really matter if you're just downloading. (I use Azareus, and no complaints)

They all do the same thing, any claims that such-and-such one downloads faster are going to be relatively miniscule differences at best (I think).

I do prefer UTorrent personally. But only because there is NO install. You download the file..and run it. It's a single, small file. *shrug*

Sean of the Thread
08-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I used azureus for a long time as well as bitcomet and plain ole' bitorrent.

I was considering trying Utorrent which led to me posting this thread.

Hips
08-18-2007, 09:40 PM
utorrent, for rlz.

Artha
08-18-2007, 09:53 PM
I just use the original BT client and demonoid, a couple of my friends recommend soulseek.

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
uTorrent or MicroTorrent, whichever sounds cooler to you.

grapedog
08-18-2007, 10:07 PM
i used UTorrent, but I had so many problems getting the speeds I set for up/down to actually stick, i use azureus now and i love it.

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
(that's because you have no idea what you're doing)

Drew
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I use utorrent as well, no complaints.

fallenSaint
08-18-2007, 11:27 PM
uTorrent is super great for its Web Interface can log into it from any internet access and control your torrents.

The Ponzzz
08-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Since Alex told me to use uTorrent, I have had 0 problems. I was using Bitcomet before.