PDA

View Full Version : It's like an AI scabbard.

Kentashi
08-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I descovered in my locker, a black bone scabbard. It's ZESTY, like a portable AI crystal. It makes different noises when you put a weapon into it. The noise it makes is based on the properties of the weapon. I haven't quite figured out how the system works yet, but it does things like:

sizzles when the weapon has fire flares,

Hisses when the weapon has cold flares,

swooshes when the weapon is crit weighted,

Etc.

The descriptions of the noise is much longer and more detailed than I described here. Just wondering if anyone knows the history of this scabbard, and how much it might be worth.

~Kentashi

The Ponzzz
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Forget where, but they were sold off the shelf. I had 2 then and sold them off.

Later I wanted one again and bought one for 200k.

I have been offered 500k for it since.

FinisWolf
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I got my last one for 50K about 3 months ago.

:shrug:

Finis

fallenSaint
08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
They initially showed up at the Artisan Faire I believe.

FinisWolf
08-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I remember them selling on the net before the Artisan Faire. Not that the when really matters does it? :shrug:

Finis

Kentashi
08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey, thanks for the quick feedback guys. I appreciate it.

Gan
08-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I have 2 in my locker. A gold one, and a silver one. Both very noisy when you put your weapon in it.

Not the screech/howl kind either. These make noises respective of the attributes of the weapon being put in it.

Jinsem
08-16-2007, 12:24 AM
There quite unreliable on older items for some reason too. I have one on my bard, and it misses things now and then, but great for a quick check.

Sadly, there 100% unalterable :(

Jinsem

I have 2 in my locker. A gold one, and a silver one. Both very noisy when you put your weapon in it.

Not the screech/howl kind either. These make noises respective of the attributes of the weapon being put in it.

Morrff
08-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Do they run out of charges, crumble or are they rechargable or just retain the special ability forever? Just curious...

Morrff

Gan
08-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Nope, they dont run out of charges

Nilandia
08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know if they were sold sooner, but I do know sheaths with these properties were sold at the 2003 Artisan Faire. Klintar also showed up to add the scripts to other people's sheaths.

For reference...

[Klintar’s Super Sheaths]

On the open crate you see a leather-bound rough bone scabbard, a viper-fang trimmed sheath, a golden topaz-inset scabbard and a faded yellow leather scabbard.

On the display case you see a woven green cloth sheath, a sinew-wrapped black silk sheath (weighs 3), a leather raven-feathered sheath and a ragged panther skin sheath.

On the bright barrel you see a black enameled sheath, a red enameled sheath, a ruby-dusted scabbard and a white bone scabbard.

Gretchen