PDA

View Full Version : a vultite-hafted white ora morning star

Gan
08-14-2007, 08:29 AM
4x, sanctified, has knockout flares, and...

But it also has this:
You swing a white ora morning star at a krolvin warfarer!
AS: +255 vs DS: +196 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +97 = +188
... and hit for 39 points of damage!
You ripped a chunk out of the krolvin warfarer's right leg with that one.
The krolvin warfarer is stunned!
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>
A krolvin warfarer swings a war mattock at you!
AS: +199 vs DS: +277 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +35 = -5
A clean miss.

A krolvin warfarer appears to be going into shock!
... 5 points of damage!
Mild electric jolt sends the krolvin warfarer into spasms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My cleric is level 30 and is primarly a swinger/bane style hunter, mixing up casting and swinging.

I never see that message when using bane alone or with my crit weighted morning star, and it seems that its only appeared when I'm hunting warfarers or other casters.

Any ideas, is this part of the knockout flares I see occasionally? I get other messaging more specific to double strikes and knockdowns but the added shock/nerve damage is interesting.

Haywood J.
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I see it when the critter I'm hunting has prepped a spell, then gotten stunned and cannot cast it.

Gan
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
You dont swing white ora do you?

I dont see that when I hunt with my crit weighted star and I stun a lot more often with that than with the white ora.

On that note, is there a merchant that would turn my crit weighted star into a sancted one?

OR - Can I use points to up the ET of my white ora then have it crit weighted and still retain the other aspects of it?

The white ora really fits the RP of my cleric, I just like the advantage of having something with random crit weighting. It makes a difference in cumulative swings. :yes:

Some Rogue
08-14-2007, 10:46 AM
I see it alot with a wizard. Stun them with anything when they're low on mana and have a spell prepped and that happens.

Gan
08-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Ahh cool.