PDA

View Full Version : Taking offers on a bonk flaring greataxe and flaring vaalorn full plate

Lomoriond
08-14-2007, 01:10 AM
a hefty vultite executioner's axe
Two large axe heads, dyed a matte black, blend almost seamlessly into a thick ebonwood haft. The blade edges gleam a silver hue, as multiple sharpenings have worn the black dye away and exposed the natural vultite state. The word "Steady" is etched in flowing common script onto a small silver plate attached to the haft.
You notice Frorin's crafting mark.

+4% DF, +2 AVD with knockout flares and scripts

You tap your executioner's axe against your thigh in a steady, staccato beat.

You point your axe into the sky and open your mouth in a soundless scream.

You flip the axe from side to side, then whirl it overhead, then deftly stuff it into the cloak.

Knockout flare in action:

>ambush aco head
You swing a hefty vultite executioner's axe at an Arachne acolyte!
AS: +270 vs DS: +176 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +70 = +204
... and hit for 51 points of damage!
Blade slashes across the Arachne acolyte's face!
Nice nose job.
The Arachne acolyte is stunned!

With a solid *THUNK*, your executioner's axe bounces off the head of the Arachne acolyte causing him to drop to his knees.
... 15 points of damage!
Whiplash!
Roundtime: 6 sec.

Has a chance to flare on any non-lethal head, neck or eye shot

MB: 500k
Buyout: 1.5mil

AAAAND

a suit of shadowy silver vaalorn field plate

+23 full plate with defensive AND offensive lightning flares

Careful examination indicates the vaalorn field plate has a base strength of 79 and a base durability of 695. You also determine the current integrity of the vaalorn field plate to be at 100.0%.

Standard vaalorn weight at 68 (90% of 75)

A krolvin warrior swings a falchion at you!
AS: +204 vs DS: +121 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +51 = +155
... and hits for 6 points of damage!
Light, bruising slash to your left thigh.

** Your vaalorn field plate emits a searing bolt of lightning at the krolvin warrior! **

... 50 points of damage!
Electrical charge toasts foe! You get a sharp whiff of burning hair.
The krolvin warrior falls lifeless to the floor with a heavy thump.

>tackle kob
[Edited out miserable tackle roll]
You hurl yourself at a kobold and connect!
You knock a kobold flat and jump to your feet. Smooth!

** Your vaalorn field plate emits a searing bolt of lightning at the kobold! **

... 5 points of damage!
Light shock to left leg. That stings!
Roundtime: 7 sec.

Has a chance to flare on any successful attack against you (manuever, melee, ranged, spell) as well as on many successful manuever attacks (tackle, bullrush, bearhug... possibly others) Uses the standard lightning crit table used by weapons (complete with the ability to toast nerves)...

ONLY taking offers on the plate right now... not playing as much as I used to, so it wouldn't hurt to downgrade, but I don't really have a price range in mind for it just yet, and it is my main armor atm.

AIM: GS4Scious (always on, though I'm not always there)
or U2U

The Ponzzz
08-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Way to under cut me!

Granted mine cost 2mil to add the flares, but this was last year at EG.

Lomoriond
08-14-2007, 01:15 AM
::flees::

thefarmer
08-14-2007, 02:09 AM
I'll take the greataxe

Lomoriond
08-14-2007, 03:26 AM
Axe is sold...

Not sure when or where this axe had flares added... I just know I picked it up the last time I saw yours for sale, and decided I didn't like the flares that much and lockered it... and seeing yours for sale again I was reminded I had it sitting around doing nothing.

But there turned out to be quite a bit of interest at 1.5mil for mine... maybe that wet someone's whistle enough to go after yours!

Mr. Dallas
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Axe and alter were mine - I think I had that in my shop for 3 million when it was sold. Altered, forged bonus, and flared - 1.5 was a bargain! (I would have snapped this up again, though I like these flares on my blackjacks.)

D.

Lomoriond
08-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Eh.. I only paid like 500k for it myself... might have thought to charge more if I'd known it would get snapped up quickly, but I always end up selling stuff cheap when I just want to get rid of it, especially when I didn't pay that much to begin with.

The Ponzzz
08-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Well seeing mine is priced at 2mil and hasn't budged, I don't think 1.5mil was quite the bargain.

Khariz
08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Well seeing mine is priced at 2mil and hasn't budged, I don't think 1.5mil was quite the bargain.

Is yours crafted? If so, you might wanna update it to reflect that. If not, it's not quite apples to apples. Rediculous folks like me care about the difference.

I sure would like my 4x perfectly forged greataxe to have bonk flares.

The Ponzzz
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
If +4% DF on a greataxe makes you go nuts, then that's just silly.

Regardless, the service was more expensive last year it seems.

Lomoriond
08-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Bump

Price on the plate is now 8 mil flat, OBO

Lomoriond
08-16-2007, 09:35 AM
plate is sold