PDA

View Full Version : Forging RT, and the people who love it.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 06:44 PM
[Script]>lean polisher
You give the polishing wheel a shove to set it spinning, then lean against the armrest.

You set your right foot against the already moving rocker pedal and begin pumping to set the wheel spinning more quickly.

Roundtime: 80 sec.
[Script]>

[Script execution suspended]
Settling the bronze hammer-head in your left hand, you press it against the spinning wheel, and a low whine fills the air.

[Script]>
The hum of the spinning wheel and the scent of abrasive compound fills the air as you refine the shape of your bronze hammer-head.

[Script]>
Leaning close over your work, you press the hammer-head against the wheel, reducing areas of roughness to a polished sheen.

[Script]>
You pause to press a tube of diamond dust paste against the hard felt wheel, loading it again with abrasive. Then you resume your polishing.

[Script]>

From between two planks of the wall, a small fly emerges. It stops still a moment, then buzzes into the air.

[Script]>
The hum of the spinning wheel and the scent of abrasive compound fills the air as you refine the shape of your bronze hammer-head.

[Script]>
Leaning close over your work, you press the hammer-head against the wheel, reducing areas of roughness to a polished sheen.

[Script]>
You pause to press a tube of diamond dust paste against the hard felt wheel, loading it again with abrasive. Then you resume your polishing.

[Script]>

[Script]>
You straighten up from working at the polishing wheel and run your fingers over the smooth surface of your bronze hammer-head.

[Script]>

The fly buzzes through the air, cutting back and forth across the space of the forge.

[Script]>

Stopping in mid-air, the fly hovers. Its wings are so small as to not even stir the air.

[Script]>

The fly buzzes in front of your face, flitting back and forth.

[Script]>

Stopping just in front of your nose, the fly stares at you with its large compound eyes.

[Script]>

The fly buzzes loudly, the noise falling into a droning pattern. It seems to warrant a response.

[Script]>

The buzzing of the fly seems to indicate a second chance to respond, and the urgency that you do so.

A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Itzel is standing in its place.
[Script]>
Itzel suddenly fades out of sight.
[Script]>
Itzel suddenly fades into sight beside you.
[Script]>
Itzel says, "You were given multiple opportunities to respond, so you're going to be receiving a warning for AFK scripting crafting."
[Script]>

Nhis, this is an official warning that long-term scripting is against policy in GemStone IV.

If you feel this warning was received in error, please speak to a GameHost by typing ASSIST REQUEST.

You can also learn more about GemStone IV policies online, by typing POLICY while in the game or by visiting http://www.play.net/gs4/gamepolicy.asp.

[Script]>
Itzel says, "I'm going to put you in a Lounge now, and when you're back, we can talk."
[Script]>
Nhis just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none
[Script]>'Um. helloo?
You ask, "Um. helloo?"
[Script]>who

Active Players: 39

Staff on duty:

Use WHO HELP for more options.
[Script]>Report Hello? have a second itzel?
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

[Script]>

SEND[Itzel] I'll be with you in just a moment.

[Script]>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Itzel is standing in its place.
[Script]>
Itzel smiles.
[Script]>greet itzel
You nod to Itzel in greeting.
[Script]>
Itzel says, "Good afternoon."
[Script]>
You ask, "How's it going?"
[Script]>
Itzel asks, "My afternoon is fine. Yours?"
[Script]>
You say, "I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, my script was suspended while I was helping a customer, I suspended it shortly after going into RT, and came back after the customer had left. I had issued no commands while I was away from the keyboard."
[Script]>
Itzel says, "You failed to answer messaging requests while still inputting commands."
[Script]>
Itzel says, "I have assessed you an official warning for afk scripting."
[Script]>'
You say, "Your check came four messages after I inputted my last command, turn polisher."
[Script]>
You say, "I issued no commands after turn polisher."
[Script]>
You say, "Excuse, me, lean polisher."
[Script]>
Itzel says, "I'm sorry, but no. You continued to issue commands after I began checking you, and failed to respond to messaging."
[Script]>
You say, "The forging produced scripted messages."
[Script]>
You say, "I did not issue any ofthose commands, I have a log of it if that matters, but it's lean polisher, 80 seconds of RT."
[Script]>
You say, "And I come back to being in the lounge."
[Script]>
Itzel says, "In accordance with Policy 18, I have removed 50 ranks from your crafting skill, and am going to issue an experience penalty now."
[Script]>
You say, "The wheel grinding and the paste are all exist."
[Script]>
You say, "Sir, please, I did not issue any commands. It was a hard RT with scripeted messages."
((Ha. I called her a dude. This is probably why she hates me so much now. Oops))
[Script]>
You say, "I have made very careful I was not afk while issueing commands."
[Script]>look it
You see GameMaster Itzel the Bard Laureate.
She appears to be an Erithian of the Nathala Dai.
She is of a diminutive stature and appears to be an adult. She has slit-pupiled black eyes and fair skin. She has long, black hair worn in a low, loose bun at the nape of her neck. She has a heart-shaped face, a perfectly straight patrician nose and dimpled cheeks.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing some delicate charcoal wool gloves, a grey silk gown with a three-tiered hobble skirt, a beaded silk reticule, and some pointy-toed grey leather boots.
[Script]>
Itzel says, "I need you to please read Policy before I can send you out."
[Script]>
Itzel says, "When you do so, I'll come back."
[Script]>
You ask, "Please? What?"
[Script]>
You ask, "You're not even going to listen to me?"
[Script]>
You say, "I've done nothing wrong."
[Script]>
You say, "I inputted no commands after my script was paused, after 80 seconds of RT."
[Script]>
Itzel says, "You continued to input commands following testing, and did not respond to messaging."
[Script]>
You say, "No, I didn't."
[Script]>

Please read the policy file at this time by typing POLICY and the page number that you wish to read. Once you have finished reading all of the policies, a GameMaster will return to answer any questions you may have.

[Script]>
You ask, "Please, what commands?"
[Script]>
You ask, "Please? What commands did I enter?"
[Script]>
Itzel says, "I'll be back when you're done."

----------------

So, besides getting angry and whining like a bitch, I don't think I did anything wrong here. This GM has decided that all of the actions in forging require input from players, and, so, I should be punished for it. I've heard other people didn't have much luck in changing this decision once it was made. So, I'm probably screwed. Good times. Glad I pay extra for GM attention in Plat.

It's not like I even went AFK during the check, or put in ANY FREAKING COMMANDS. If those messages pop up ever 10 seconds, I was afk for at least 30 seconds before the GM decided to check on me.

Warriorbird
08-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Ask for an SGM referral.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I've decided I'm screwed. I'll probably just not read policy and roll up a new character. I refuse to accept the warning, and they won't talk to me about it at all. The SGM's won't help until I'm done with her, and I refuse to validate her misused power by reading policy.

Plus, though she harped at me for being AFK, she warned me for long term scripting. So the best I can hope for is them to say sorry for accusing me of being AFK, but they won't, and I can't, disprove or say against me long term scripting. So. The warning will stand, as will the punishment.

Latrinsorm
08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah, def. get an SGM referral.

Here's what I find odd: "Nhis, this is an official warning that long-term scripting is against policy in GemStone IV." I don't know if this is the usual messaging, but does it strike anyone else as weird that they use the term "long-term" rather than "AFK"? If this was actually a warning for long-term scripting, you're probably screwed. It's also a little strange that she would lie right to your face, but then people get a little weird sometimes.

Trinitis
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, def. get an SGM referral.

Here's what I find odd: "Nhis, this is an official warning that long-term scripting is against policy in GemStone IV." I don't know if this is the usual messaging, but does it strike anyone else as weird that they use the term "long-term" rather than "AFK"? If this was actually a warning for long-term scripting, you're probably screwed. It's also a little strange that she would lie right to your face, but then people get a little weird sometimes.

What constitutes long-term scripting? The following is a general guide to help
you avoid being warned by a GM for long term scripting. It's not an absolute
and the GM's judgment will vary from instance to instance. Each instance of
long term scripting will be judged independently. However, any scripting activity that lasts over 10 minutes will be considered long-term scripting. Also, spending 25% or more of your time online scripting will be considered excessive.

There ya go. This is news to me as well.

Ilvane
08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Go above this GM. You didn't do anything wrong if this is exactly what happened.

Angela

Soulpieced
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I would not have noticed the fly either in the course of normal gameplay. Warnings to test for AFK scripting should be as simple as a SEND in RED ALL CAPS text, and should be standardized.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I am/was at work when i was doing this, which is why I paused the script and alt tabbed to my more innocent looking cash register program when a customer walked in. At home I have the entire forging process squelched so that I don't miss some attendant sneezing in the middle of smoke rising from maple, or any number of long descriptors. I would have noticed this too, if I was at my keyboard scripting. But I wasn't, I was away from my keyboard ..not..scripting.

Silvanostar
08-12-2007, 09:16 PM
well, at least you have a shot at getting a sgm to listen to your case. a while back khaladon busted me in a similar way. when i looked back at my logs, i noticed he would throw in little quirks that appeared in regular text in between the automated lines you get during the tong part.

needless to say i was shit out of luck and i had to eat the deduction in ranks. should have had all the bs lines squelched at your work pc =/

Methais
08-12-2007, 09:18 PM
LOL just read policy, then go over her head and have a SGM pwn her. If what happened in your log is true, they'll probably reverse the warning and give you back your ranks and xp.

Besides, the best way to discourage long term scripting is to implement long and tedious things that you have to do over and over 478329042 times. Right Simu?

Trinitis
08-12-2007, 09:18 PM
well, at least you have a shot at getting a sgm to listen to your case. a while back khaladon busted me in a similar way. when i looked back at my logs, i noticed he would throw in little quirks that appeared in regular text in between the automated lines you get during the tong part.

needless to say i was shit out of luck and i had to eat the deduction in ranks. should have had all the bs lines squelched at your work pc =/

That would not have worked. He was not busted because he could not see the lines. He was busted because he was not at the keyboard. But, he was also NOT scripting when he was not at the keyboard. His script was paused.

Methais
08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
When did this "long term scripting" shit come about anyway? I never heard of that one before.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 09:23 PM
My issue is not crappy in game messaging that gets lost in screen scroll, I'm fine with that. MY issue is crappy in game messaging 30 seconds after I stop scripting and am issuing no commands getting me an AFK scripting penalty. Had I missed those items, issuing commands, I would absolutly deserve what I got. But I didn't miss them anymore than anybody AFK standing around doing nothing missess anything, and I got penalized for it.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 09:29 PM
So, I'm reading policy because I'm tired of staring at the crappy couches in the lounge. We'll see if anything exciting happens.

Methais
08-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Write feedback too. Antavian is usually pretty level headed about things, unlike the majority of staff which are a bunch of used rubbers.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Ya, the first thing I did was send an e-mail to feedback. So. Meh. We'll see.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Itzel smiles.
Itzel says, "Good evening."
You nod to Itzel in greeting.
You say, "Good evening."
Itzel says, "I see that you've completed reading Policy. Thank you."
You say, "I did."
Itzel asks, "Do you have any questions regarding it, specifically regarding Policy 18, which governs long-term and afk scripting?"
You ask, "Yes. Which aspect of that, do you, say I was breaking, and in which way?"
Itzel says, "You were tested for afk scripting crafting. Messaging was sent, which you failed to respond to. This messaging covered a sufficient span of time and was sufficiently different from the normal messaging of crafting, as to have afforded you a clear indication that it was out of the ordinary."
Itzel says, "Because you continued to input commands following the messaging, and did not respond, you were deemed to be operating a script while afk."
You say, "Yes. And, as I have mentioned before, I issued no commands of any sort during the testing. From the begginning of your AFK test, when the fly came out of the wall, to being pulled to the lounge, neither I or a script input any comands of any type."
You ask, "You are saying the forging commands are scripts, they are not. Are you familiar with the messaging of forging?"
You ask, "What commands it required to run the forge?"
Itzel asks, "You have mentioned that before, yes. And as I have mentioned to you, if you have a concern, your avenue is Feedback, which you already availed yourself of, correct?"
You say, "I did, but I'm not sure why I should be forced to take this beyond the two of us, when it's a simple matter of misunderstanding? I'm just asking both if your familiar with it, and for you to specifically tell me what commands I inputted."
You say, "I was penalized for being AFK during roundtime, not being AFK and scripting."
Itzel says, "I found sufficient evidence that you were not present during the time of testing, and that you were in violation of Policy 18."
You say, "After my roundtime ended, my script did nothing, because it was paused. If i was scripting forging, my script is set up to continue and put the two pecies together."
You say, "It stopped, bceause I stopped it before going AFK."
You say, "But I did not script away from keyboard. You simply found me AFK, not activly scripting AFK."
You say, "I was not present during the time of testing, I'm not fighting that. But I didn't DO anything at all during the time of testing."
Itzel says, "In the future, I would suggest responding to messaging that seems out of the ordinary, especially when you are engaged in activities that garner material gain, either through experience, points or ranks."
You say, "Not anything, no comands, no scripts, nothing."
You say, "I was not at my keyboard. Because I had paused my scripts and walked away."
You say, "I was AFK, i've said that, but I was not doing anything."
You say, "All that was happening was my round time counting down. That is nowhere in policy."
You say, "And even then, i didn't do anything after or during the round time."
Itzel says, "If you'd like to discuss the merits of your warning, then again, Feedback is the appropriate course of action. Your penalties have already been assessed, and all that remains between you and I is to discuss your future adherance to Policy."
You say, "I'd like a referal to an SGM please, as you will not treat me like a paying customer and continue to ignore my points and not answer my questions."
You say, "You will not answer ONE THING I have asked you."
You say, "And continue to talk down to me."
You say, "I was under the impression you would talk to me after I had read policy. I was incorrect."
Itzel says, "I'm very sorry you feel that way. It's certainly not my intent."
You ask, "Then what is your intent? Why are you not helping me with my concerns, instead ignoring them and talking over me?"
Itzel says, "As requested, I'll be glad to put you into the queue for an SGM."
Itzel smiles.
You sigh.
You say, "Fine. Continue ignoring me. I appreciate it."
Itzel says, "Though I will let you know, you're likely to hear from Feedback first."
You say, "Unless you wish to talk to me as a human being, I have nothing left to say to you."
Itzel says, "One moment please, I'm setting up your referral to an SGM."

Ilvane
08-12-2007, 10:09 PM
How frustrating for you.

I didn't think it was that hard to understand what you were asking. It just seems like she didn't want to answer for some reason. Hmm.

I wonder what will happen with the SGM. Wish you luck.

Angela

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 10:10 PM
ya, way beyond the fifty ranks, which is a pain, is the fact that in both interactions the GM just ignored me, Absolutly wouldn't answer me on any point besides to discipline me for something I didn't do. Very frustrating.

Drew
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Itzel says, "I found sufficient evidence that you were not present during the time of testing, and that you were in violation of Policy 18."

Translation (if your log is correct): Oh snap I didn't know that forging produces messaging even when the command was inputted a minute ago.

Iqxero
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Ya, I mean, If I was an evil power scripting monster (which I am) my scripts would produce a finished produce (which they do) not stop at a finished hammer head (which they don't) yet my first log (which is correct damn you all!11oneone) clearly shows me standing around doing jack while that fly buzzes around. And why was I doing jack, ladies and gentleman of the jury? Because I STOPPED IT. It's not like her fly broke my script. Stupid fly.

Now, mind you, if the official GM policy is "Forging Roundtime is considered an action because it produces an item" then that's fine. I don't agree, but I can accept that being a RULE. But I couldn't get her to say one thing about ANYTHING to me. So, I have to go with the conclusion that she's a moron who doesn't know anything about forging and thinks I was "PUT PASTE ON GRINDER" ing..

That Jay
08-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Man, I feel for you.

Itzel seems to be not only a shitheel but stupid as well.

Nice example of the new crop of GMs. Perhaps next batch will actually know how the game works.

Khariz
08-12-2007, 10:59 PM
You say, "Unless you wish to talk to me as a human being, I have nothing left to say to you."

That was the best line, and totally warranted.

AestheticDeath
08-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Are you sure the fly was the first attempt at getting your attention?

If so, I would be responding the same way as you have. Though I more than likely would have added a few expletives and some name calling, and gotten further in the hole.

Basically, the new GMs appear to be puppets, with pre-written responses laid out for them so they don't have to think for themselves. Same with the merchants from the premie festival. Instead of doing the work properly, they had some 'tools' made up by Khaladon to do the work for them. And the merchant still fucked it up. Also, the tools were set in such a way as to screw the customer. Unless the way things are done these days has changed. I had some 75 pound armor lightened five times, and it only went down 25 pounds, where as, from what I was given to understand, you are suppose to get a 10% reduction each time, unless the item has already had sufficient work as to be beyond the norm. My plate should have wound up at 44 pounds, not 50.

And back to the subject, I would not be surprised if they tried to come back and say the RT incured counted towards a part of the experience gain during which you should not have been AFK. And although they might be able to do something that stupid, I don't see it as right. You shouldn't have to spend ten to twenty years of your life to try and finish or master the game. Not when it actually has an end point. All the exp absorption shit is stupid, the non-afk scripting crap is bullshit etc etc.. I am so tired of this game. I wish someone would buy me out. Someone give me the goddamn two cents this text is worth so I can leave.

Warriorbird
08-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Good luck. Follow those channels.

Trinitis
08-13-2007, 12:15 AM
actually, it appears at least 1 part of the "channels" has failed. But I'll let him explain it further if he wants. :(

Iqxero
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I have the full log from logging on, but it doesn't matter because, well, logs suck. IF the gm did try to get my attention before that point, it was in such a way that I have no idea what they were doing. But, yes, Your spot on. I've had no experience with merchants doing it, but the GM did nothing but answer with puppet answers.

Emeradon on the officials is saying alot of nothing, but, that it's all about gm's perceptions.

>>But the GM told me that I had inputted further commands, which I ASSUME are the flavor lines from above. If that's the case, then the GM was unfamiliar with the lines produces by forging, and assumed they were created by me.

Given that I wasn't watching, I can't speak to what was observed by a GM. If you'd like, you have the option of placing an assist and asking for a referral for someone to review the matter. If you've been assessed an official warning and other penalties, it may be required to forward your review request to an SGM.

>>This is my point. I don't have an issue with being knocked by a GM if I was AFK and producing an item, but what I want to have clarified is if IT IS POLICY to need to be at keyboard during all round times after my script ends, is stopped, or is paused.

POLICY 18 is the starting point for any AFK Scripting questions. It does not specifically state that attentiveness during extended forging round times is required. It does, however, state that unresponsiveness to the gaming environment is indicative of being AFK, and that running a script while being unresponsive to the gaming environment can lead staff to believe that a player is AFK Scripting, and that certain types of AFK Scripting can result in the assessment of official warnings and/or other penalties.

As stated in the other topic, requests that the forging mechanics be changed so as to assist in alleviating the appearance of AFK Scripting (i.e., a specific mechanics-related request and subsequent discussions) can be posted there in an alternately named thread (Artisan Skills > Forging).

So, basically, it's not against policy, but GM's are Nazi's, and if the GM points at you and says "YOU ARE DOING THE SCRIPTING AFK" Then, you are. Period. At least that's what I get out of that.

That Jay
08-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Seems to me that you really need to emphasize heavily in your emails with FEEDBACK, the part where you were told you were inputting commands to the game AFTER she had tested you.

That seems to be the basis (or at least nimrod Itzel claims it is) for her giving you the warning. So if they cannot let you know what commands you inputted then she/they really have no case. Asking them to back up what she has stated is pretty straightforward. If she says you inputted commands then which ones did you input?

Make them prove it.

Krinthalis
08-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I feel bad for you man, and I hope things work out.

Not that the word of some random dude on the internet really matters, but I remember very clearly someone asking on the officials (in the forging folder) if it was AFK scripting to walk away during the 105 seconds after turn grinder in crafting and the answer being no, as long as you weren't inputting commands it wasn't AFK scripting.

It also makes no sense because, if it were, you could get busted for AFK scripting without ever actually running a script, which is dumb even for gemstone.

So keep fighting - assuming that what you showed us is everything that happened, you're totally in the right.

Also, no matter what actually happened, its obvious what you were asking and its equally obvious that the GM in question didn't really know how forging works.

Bobmuhthol
08-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Is Simu pulling a Dell now or something (outsourcing to India)?

Iqxero
08-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Heh.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ASSIST WITH GEMSTONE IV. MY NAME IS GM TED. I WILL BE MUCH WITH YOUR ASSISTANCE TODAY, MAY I MAKE HELP WITH YOU?

Paradii
08-13-2007, 03:06 PM
If i got busted for scripting during the last 50 ranks of forging, I would have probably would have gone of a multiple drug enduced killing spree. And thats if they caught me actually cheating.

If they took 50 ranks away for the same bullshit reason they took yours away, I have no idea what I would do, but it would sure as hell make national news.

Methais
08-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I have the full log from logging on, but it doesn't matter because, well, logs suck. IF the gm did try to get my attention before that point, it was in such a way that I have no idea what they were doing. But, yes, Your spot on. I've had no experience with merchants doing it, but the GM did nothing but answer with puppet answers.

Emeradon on the officials is saying alot of nothing, but, that it's all about gm's perceptions.

>>But the GM told me that I had inputted further commands, which I ASSUME are the flavor lines from above. If that's the case, then the GM was unfamiliar with the lines produces by forging, and assumed they were created by me.

Given that I wasn't watching, I can't speak to what was observed by a GM. If you'd like, you have the option of placing an assist and asking for a referral for someone to review the matter. If you've been assessed an official warning and other penalties, it may be required to forward your review request to an SGM.

>>This is my point. I don't have an issue with being knocked by a GM if I was AFK and producing an item, but what I want to have clarified is if IT IS POLICY to need to be at keyboard during all round times after my script ends, is stopped, or is paused.

POLICY 18 is the starting point for any AFK Scripting questions. It does not specifically state that attentiveness during extended forging round times is required. It does, however, state that unresponsiveness to the gaming environment is indicative of being AFK, and that running a script while being unresponsive to the gaming environment can lead staff to believe that a player is AFK Scripting, and that certain types of AFK Scripting can result in the assessment of official warnings and/or other penalties.

As stated in the other topic, requests that the forging mechanics be changed so as to assist in alleviating the appearance of AFK Scripting (i.e., a specific mechanics-related request and subsequent discussions) can be posted there in an alternately named thread (Artisan Skills > Forging).

So, basically, it's not against policy, but GM's are Nazi's, and if the GM points at you and says "YOU ARE DOING THE SCRIPTING AFK" Then, you are. Period. At least that's what I get out of that.

Emeradan is pretty well known for being a stupid douche, at least on the forums. I'm surprised he didn't pull your post though, that's usually what he does.

Iqxero
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
If i got busted for scripting during the last 50 ranks of forging, I would have probably would have gone of a multiple drug enduced killing spree. And thats if they caught me actually cheating.

If they took 50 ranks away for the same bullshit reason they took yours away, I have no idea what I would do, but it would sure as hell make national news.

Ya, I was actually, by my "count" at about 492. So. Ya. That was very much not making with the happy.

For those keeping score, players agree with me(the ones who think I'm not making it up), GM's are arguing it over some rather vague words in the policy, and I'm probably just going to end up eating this. Good times.

Deathravin
08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Was this stormfront or Wizard? Just curious for my own curiousity.

Trinitis
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
If I remember right, He scripts in stormfront.

Iqxero
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Trinitis remembers correctly. I should also move my computer farther away from my bedroom window apparently. I script in SF.

Deathravin
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
the "[Script]>" status prompt doesn't show up on my stormfront, only reason I ask.

Augie
08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
the "[Script]>" status prompt doesn't show up on my stormfront, only reason I ask.

Do you have "Script" squelched? I know that I did that on mine to make my screen not have as much scroll going on.

Iqxero
08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. When I'm at home I use sf, at work and the day I was nabbed I was using Wizard. So. Exciting, sorry about that.

Deathravin
08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Naw, [script] just doesn't (as far as I know) come up in SF at all. My only cavait was that I believed [script] went away when the script was paused. But after checking real quick, I just saw that it doesn't in Wizard, so where do i sign the GMs are morons petition?

My only OTHER issue was maybe you missed something back in the log somewhere. I almost got nabbed a few weeks ago because I failed to see a rather annoying monkey until almost the last moment. My problem was that I thought he had given maybe 1-2 messages over the last 20 seconds, but after going back through the log I saw he had been doing it for at least 2-3 minutes with maybe 6-7 messages. That were difficult to see in the hunting screen-scroll (that and the log I could see was very short - two games, one on top of the other.. I changed that after this, and now they're side-by-side), a quick search for 'monkey' in the log showed clearly.

If that was the only thing he did, and If he indeed thinks you kept doing commands without responding to his fly, i would say he is a fucking moron that obviously doesn't know the game he 'masters' well enough to be called a GM. It further proves to me that they can only follow you and see the messages you see in the GS log. They can't (or can't without trying harder) actually see what you type or commands you issue, only the results of them... I'll remember that.

They're basically punishing you for them making the messaging continue with an 80 second round time. It's THEIR system... Put a note in the policy that you have to be present for all RT incurred from any command as well as issuing the command itself.

Paradii
08-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Once they realize what a bunch of ass clowns they were, you should demand that they give you those last 8 ranks for wasting your time with this assclownery.

Iqxero
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I had just logged back in before I did this section of forging, I had been disconnected for being AFK so long, or had logged out to help a large group of people, I don't remember which. I did save the whole log from wizard before I closed it, (this session, the one when I got the warning) and I read back over it to make sure, exactly like you said, to see if I had missed another AFK check. I hadn't. Now. I can't say that I didn't miss one before I disconnected or logged out for being AFK.

I suppose when I talk to an SGM/Feedback the'll tell me if I did that once they check my character logs. If I had a GM check me, and decide I was just afk-afk, and then logged, and this was the "second time" they checked me I could almost buy it. However, I couldn't get the GM in question to say anything, as present in the conversation logs. So. I dunno. Again, it's not even the 50 ranks and the warning, it's that Itzel refused to talk to me, and that I don't think she as a GM had the training or knowledge necessary to be checking players for AFK, at least at the forge. So. I'm playing a couple other games to cool down, and I'm just waiting for a e-mail from Feedback.

Ignot
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Write feedback too. Antavian is usually pretty level headed about things, unlike the majority of staff which are a bunch of used rubbers.

Not from my experiences.

Ignot
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Wow. after reading all this i just have to say that i feel bad for you and this is a perfect example of bad customer service. It seems like you would have been happy if they either said they would look into the matter further or if they would have just explained why you were getting such a harsh punishment when you clearly did not understand.

There is no way they can justify giving you that punishment without listening to you and coming to an understanding. I think thats what makes me so mad about this whole thing.

Whatever, just another log that shows poor service. Does anyone have any GOOD logs of GOOD service?

Paradii
08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow. after reading all this i just have to say that i feel bad for you and this is a perfect example of bad customer service. It seems like you would have been happy if they either said they would look into the matter further or if they would have just explained why you were getting such a harsh punishment when you clearly did not understand.

There is no way they can justify giving you that punishment without listening to you and coming to an understanding. I think thats what makes me so mad about this whole thing.

Whatever, just another log that shows poor service. Does anyone have any GOOD logs of GOOD service?

Here is some fantastic service. I was reported for disrupting an roshambo tournament by standing there.

Sirina suddenly fades into sight beside you.
>
Sirina asks, "Any enlightenment there as to why you should do as asked when a GM asks you to stop disrupting an event?"

You say, "Because its written down in the policy."

You say, "Which we are forced to obey or else."
>
Sirina says, "You agree to follow policy every time you log in to the game."

You say, "So it seems."

You say, "Are we finished here, i'll leave their little gathering alone."
>
Sirina says, "I will send you back to town, but if this happens again, you will receive an official warning for disruptive behavior."
>

>
Sirina says, "This includes this event, future events for this group or any other group."

Sirina says, "You need to be respectful of other players. You don't have to like them, but you need to not ruin their fun."

AestheticDeath
08-13-2007, 11:13 PM
You were just standing there? surely there is more to it

Paradii
08-13-2007, 11:21 PM
You were just standing there? surely there is more to it

Mistaken identity, the people running the show thought my character was owned by someone else. I'll look for the log of what I was doing, but it was only me interacting with two characters whom I have a decent relationship with.

It reaked of GM favortism.

Alfster
08-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have any GOOD logs of GOOD service?

I have had one good experience so far from this thread. However, the events leading up to it were lame as shit.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=17094

Welcome to GemStone IV (R) v5.10

Copyright 2005 Simutronics Corp.

All Rights Reserved

[Keeper's Circle]

You notice a cozy sapphire blue wagon and a shimmering black void.

Also here: Lord Onmiste, Neph, GameMaster Kitrina

Obvious paths: north, south

Babbling again, eh?

Kitrina grins at you.

You join Kitrina.

Kitrina says, "I was hoping you'd come back."

You grin.

Kitrina asks, "Shall we go somewhere more private?"

You say, "Please."

You feel yourself being pulled away...

[Consultation Lounge]

Kitrina says, "There we go."

Kitrina smiles.

You twitch a bit and grin like a madman.

You say, "Been years since i been in here."

Kitrina says, "We need new decor."

Kitrina nods.

Kitrina gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You shrug.

You say, "It's better than home."

You see GameMaster Kitrina.

She appears to be a Half-Elf.

She appears to be mature. She has brown eyes and olive skin. She has shoulder length, dark brown hair. She has slightly pointed ears.

She is in good shape.

She is wearing an ebon-hued obsidian gate pin, a black floor-length gown, a silver silk knapsack, and a shimmering crimson flamerose tucked behind one ear.

>steal kit

Kitrina asks, "What can I help you with today?"

You may not steal here.

You say, "Well."

You say, "I jsut feel i'm owed an explanation why all my gems disappeared."

You grin at Kitrina.

Kitrina asks, "Can you tell me what happened?"

You say, "I was stealing in a room that a merchant was in, found out his bag was

You say, "Cleaned it out."

Kitrina says, "Nicely done."

You say, "He told everyone he was leaving because of thieves."

You say, "And magically took all the gems back."

You say, "Without any RP whatsoever."

You say, "And a room full of people upset with me."

You say, "So i'd think the least I can have out of that is the gems."

Kitrina nods.

You attempt to hum a merry little tune.

Kitrina says, "It sound like this particular merchant wasn't too keen on the thievery perhaps."

You say, "Probably not, I'd expect he wouldn't be, but the point is."

You say, "He took the gems back for no reason, i legitimately took them."

Kitrina asks, "You stole them fair and square?"

Kitrina grins.

You nod to Kitrina.

You say, "And he'd never have known had I not told him."

Kitrina says, "Oh, a thief with a conscious."

Kitrina grins at you.

You nod to Kitrina.

You strike a heroic pose.

You say, "But to me, that's unfair taking all the gems back because I took them fair and square."

You say, "It's not my fault he didn't wanna lose them."

You smirk.

You mutter something about close.

Kitrina says, "That may be true, but it certainly was his option to take them back, magically or otherwise. Just as it was your option to steal them via the skills you train in."

Kitrina asks, "Don't you think?"

You shake your head.

Kitrina grins.

You say, "I think it's abusing mechanics."

You say, "It's not my fault he tried to save face by stealing them back."

You say, "In fact, i wouldn't even be upset had he not told the room he was leaving because of a thief."

You say, "That ended up not stealing anythign."

You say, "I got lynched for it, you know."

Kitrina says, "Leaving because of a thief sounds like RP to me."

You say, "It would be."

You say, "Had I had the gems."

Kitrina says, "That's the risk you take in being a thief. Especially one with a conscious."

Kitrina grins.

You say, "But without the gems, ther'es no thief."

You say, "Hence, there's no RP."

Kitrina says, "I am not aware of what magical or non-magical ways this particular merchant aquired the gems, which you rightfully stole."

You say, "They just disappeared."

You say, "Meaning."

You say, "He took them from my inventory without telling me."

You say, "No RP."

Kitrina asks, "What kind of haul did you make?"

You say, "Um."

You say, "Gimme a second to pull up the log."

You twitch a bit and grin like a madman.

Kitrina grins.

You say, "You reach into Telban's grey travelling satchel and pull out an uncut diamond."

You say, "Let me check my backpack for all of them."

You say, "In the carmine silk longcloak you see a firestone, a butterfly-cut blue sapphire, a star sapphire, a scarlet despanal, an uncut diamond, some bright bluerock, an uncut diamond,"

You say, "I think there may have been more, can't remember."

You say, "Those for sure though."

Kitrina says, "What's bright bluerock from?... that's one I've not found myself."

You say, "I was quite happy to have that."

You say, "I'm unsure."

You open your carmine silk longcloak with a flourish, tossing its ends back over your shoulders with abandon.

In the carmine silk longcloak you see a gold-trimmed dark leather album, an elegant blue vultite stickpin, a simple brown leather case, a flowing pink satin skirt and some heavy leather boots.

You say, "I've never seen a despanal before either."

Kitrina says, "That's from the elven nations... the despanal, rather."

You say, "My point is this, if he used thieving as an excuse to leave...then he can't take them away."

You chuckle.

You say, "Because I got hung over that one."

You say, "And there's a mob after my head."

You gaze heavenward.

You say, "I told him I'd like to talk to him in private, but he wouldn't."

Kitrina says, "I'm going to give you your gems back."

Kitrina says, "I do think you stole them fair and square."

You say, "I know I did."

You chuckle.

Kitrina says, "What happened between you and the merchant is between you and the merchant."

You say, "You are officially the best person ever."

Kitrina says, "But I see that you're making a very good effort to RP and I appreciate that."

You nod to Kitrina.

You say, "I play a thief."

You say, "I have to."

You chuckle.

Kitrina nods.

Kitrina grins.

Kitrina says, "Okay, let me write all these down for you..."

Kitrina says, "Give me a sec."

Kitrina winks.

You nod to Kitrina.

You say, "Sure thing."

Kitrina picks up a firestone.

Kitrina offers you a firestone. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Kitrina says, "One..."

Kitrina grins.

You accept Kitrina's offer and are now holding a firestone.

You put a firestone in your carmine silk longcloak.

You grin at Kitrina.

Kitrina says, "The butterfly-cut thing is from a gem chisel, so I'll just give you a regular blue sapphire."

Kitrina asks, "That okay?"

You shrug.

You say, "Fine by me."

Kitrina taps a blue sapphire.

You nod.

Kitrina says, "I'm slow. And I thank you for your patience."

[Consultation Lounge]

You notice a blue sapphire.

Also here: GameMaster Kitrina

Kitrina grins.

You shrug at Kitrina.

You say, "Faster than me."

You laugh out loud!

Kitrina taps a star sapphire.

In the carmine silk longcloak you see a firestone, a gold-trimmed dark leather album, an elegant blue vultite stickpin, a simple brown leather case, a flowing pink satin skirt and some heavy leather boots.

Kitrina taps a scarlet despanal.

You attempt to hum a merry little tune.

You drool.

Kitrina says, "Two diamonds."

Kitrina taps an uncut diamond.

You nod.

You say, "You must play a thief."

You snicker.

Kitrina says, "Annnnd.... the bluerock."

You let out a cheer!

Kitrina exclaims, "I do have a thief actually!"

Kitrina says, "Not as good as you, I'm afraid."

You chuckle at Kitrina.

You say, "I'll teach 'er."

You wink at Kitrina.

Kitrina chuckles.

Kitrina taps some bright bluerock.

You throw your head back and howl!

In the carmine silk longcloak you see a firestone, a gold-trimmed dark leather album, an elegant blue vultite stickpin, a simple brown leather case, a flowing pink satin skirt and some heavy leather boots.

You open a singed light grey backpack.

In the light grey backpack you see a crystal amulet, a rolton pelt, a blackened vultite handaxe, a white crystal, a white crystal, a green garnet, some wolifrew lichen, a periwinkle feystone, a piece of rose quartz, a sleek shadowy crystal pendant, a hazy glass ring, a handsome black suede hat, a set of professional calipers, a white crystal, some aloeas stem, a pure potion and a City-States promissory note.

You remove a rolton pelt from in your light grey backpack.

You chuckle.

Kitrina says, "There we go."

Kitrina says, "The fruits of your labor have been returned to you."

Kitrina smiles.

You say, "That's excellent."

You bow to Kitrina.

Kitrina exclaims, "Quick grab them before someone else does!"

[Consultation Lounge]

You notice some bright bluerock, an uncut diamond, an uncut diamond, a scarlet despanal, a star sapphire and a blue sapphire.

Also here: GameMaster Kitrina

You nod.

You pick up some bright bluerock.

You put some bright bluerock in your carmine silk longcloak.

You pick up an uncut diamond.

You put an uncut diamond in your carmine silk longcloak.

You pick up an uncut diamond.

You put an uncut diamond in your carmine silk longcloak.

You pick up a scarlet despanal.

You put a scarlet despanal in your carmine silk longcloak.

You pick up a star sapphire.

You put a star sapphire in your carmine silk longcloak.

Kitrina says, "Wow, that was fast. You are good."

You pick up a blue sapphire.

You put a blue sapphire in your carmine silk longcloak.

You close your carmine silk longcloak with a flourish, causing its hem to swirl about your ankles.

You chuckle.

You offer your rolton pelt to Kitrina, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

You say, "Something for you."

Kitrina laughs!

You nod to Kitrina.

Kitrina has accepted your offer and is now holding a rolton pelt.

Kitrina says, "It's so.... furry."

Kitrina says, "Thanks."

You nod to Kitrina.

Kitrina grins.

You say, "It is."

You say, "Wear it with pride."

You snicker.

Kitrina asks, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

You say, "Nope, thanks a ton."

You bow to Kitrina.

You see GameMaster Kitrina.

She appears to be a Half-Elf.

She appears to be mature. She has brown eyes and olive skin. She has shoulder length, dark brown hair. She has slightly pointed ears.

She is in good shape.

She is holding a rolton pelt in her right hand.

She is wearing an ebon-hued obsidian gate pin, a black floor-length gown, a silver silk knapsack, and a shimmering crimson flamerose tucked behind one ear.

You may not steal here.

Kitrina says, "Alright, then I'll send you back to shop and steal."

You say, "Well one thing."

You exclaim, "Make this room stealable!"

You snicker.

Kitrina says, "No."

Kitrina grins.

You wave to Kitrina.

You say, "Thanks."

The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

[Keeper's Circle]

You notice a cozy sapphire blue wagon and a shimmering black void.

Obvious paths: north, south

Kyra231
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Itzel was a complete moron during the one assist I had with her. Go Simu training the new GM's.

~K.

Khariz
08-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah Kitrina is awesome.

. . . and pretty hot too.

Deadelf
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Itzel didn't check you for idle or output commands you can tell she was being ignorant about that. She was also quite rude to you and really just unacceptable.

The whole thread on the GS boards bothered me personally, the usual suspects were doing the usual thing. Ie: Emeradan and Khaladon posting with out first looking into your logs as both mentioned in the thread, and basically putting their foots in thier mouths. Both are hot to catch scripters themselves so I'm not surprised they are going to back Itzel's moves.

Her script checks themselves were totally unacceptable and way to stealthy/ sneaky in how they were done as well. Looked like crap GM Solomon would pull in style that is.

I would indeed write Feedback, I think you have a good chance of getting this over turned by GM Antavian. Honestly I dont think she followed Gemstones afk script polices by any means.

Joe
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Itzel didn't check you for idle or output commands you can tell she was being ignorant about that. She was also quite rude to you and really just unacceptable.

The whole thread on the GS boards bothered me personally, the usual suspects were doing the usual thing. Ie: Emeradan and Khaladon posting with out first looking into your logs as both mentioned in the thread, and basically putting their foots in thier mouths. Both are hot to catch scripters themselves so I'm not surprised they are going to back Itzel's moves.

Foots? That's feet, actually, but thanks for playing.

holocene
08-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd argue that foots is fine in this case...as you're talking about multiple single items in multiple single mouths (or so it seems).

Timjirdos
08-19-2007, 01:10 AM
that's just ridiculous. why can't they just do a send, instead of that useless shit that you're probably not going to notice.

I was hammering out berserk reps the other night and i got a send from someone asking if i was still there. so what's the problem?

ThatDamnTep
08-19-2007, 01:30 AM
He wouldn't have seen the send if they had done that, either.

Because he wasn't there.

Because he wasn't scripting.

Has there been an update on this situation?

Trinitis
08-19-2007, 01:38 AM
He wouldn't have seen the send if they had done that, either.

Because he wasn't there.

Because he wasn't scripting.

Has there been an update on this situation?

When I'd talked to him this morning on the phone, he was *still* waiting on a response from Feedback.

Stanley Burrell
08-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I was fairly certain that the first time you're suspected of being caught AFK scripting (from a GM's standpoint) that you aren't issued an official warning, but rather a yellow highlighted don't-do-it-again non-official messaging, er?

Have you already been officially warned? Especially for a seperate instance of AFK scripting (I apologize if you've already mentioned whether or not you have, but my hay fever is way blocking my mental ability to read this entire thread. Hokai.)

Seperately, regardless of whether or not "foots" is proper English and/or Engrish, it still makes me chuckle. A-chuckly-chuckly-chuckle.

Iqxero
08-19-2007, 12:34 PM
No update on this, I got an e-mail back from Feedback after they closed on Friday, and I forgot to include the secret handshake, photo identification, chant, and three reference letters verifying my identity. So. Hopefully I'll hear something back on Monday

As for previous warnings - My other account, to the best of my knowledge, has a warning or two for AFK hunting, but this is my first warning (I haven't played in two years or so, and I didn't exactly keep track of them) that I remember on this account for AFK scripting.

I have AFK scripted in the past and I make no excuses for that. I know the rules, I follow the rules, or I choose to break them. When I get in trouble for breaking rules I chose to break, I deserve it. My issue with this is, I am in trouble for not breaking the rules. It's like standing around in a bank and getting arrested for jay-walking. I wasn't in the street, especially not illegally. I wasn't scripting, let alone scripting without paying attention.

Stanley Burrell
08-19-2007, 01:53 PM
As for previous warnings - My other account, to the best of my knowledge, has a warning or two for AFK hunting, but this is my first warning (I haven't played in two years or so, and I didn't exactly keep track of them) that I remember on this account for AFK scripting.

That's a grey area, to the best of my knowledge; especially having read about two or more separate accounts, belonging to a single individual, who has received a perma-ban from GemStone -- And it's at that point that I've heard of GMs just laying down the hammer hard knock-style on any accounts of remote suspicion.

I don't know how they (IG Simu staff) would treat multi accounts with, um, the discernable possibility of such accounts belonging to the same individual. Even if your offense was somehow warranted, I'd still think they would've pulled you and given you a non-official warning if the account you're using hasn't had any warnings and that your other only has an AFK whatever warning and not, like, something way more severe that'd draw huge amounts of scrutiny.

Deadelf
08-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Unless something changed in their polices on what equals scripting afk and what does not, they should over turn this Iqxero. If something has changed I've not seen anything about it put out by staff.

Basically what I see here is a newbie GM stepping on it and instead of stepping up and correcting it she is keeping silent. Her whole interaction with you was rude and unacceptable. More so considering how polite and patient you were with her. One almost would have thought you were the GM and she was the unruly player.

Jim

p.s: Hey Joe, it's a typo mental or otherwise. You knew what I meant unless you are a bit slow in the head. If so I apologize for confusing you. :)

AestheticDeath
08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I think it is most likely going to be one of those classic cases of GMs can do no wrong. They probably don't care whether the GM acted according to the rules they are suppose to, because the customer is not always right. The business and its representatives are.

So obviously she cannot be held liable, because if they did overturn her actions in any way, it would be basically showing that she doesn't know what she is doing.

And having other violations is going to make them say, well we didn't catch you some of the other times, so we can call this karma, and things are just now catching up with you.

Though I still hope that if everything is as you stated it to be, that it gets turned over somehow. Good luck.

Methais
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Other than Emeradan being a douche, what was the response to all this on the officials?

Trinitis
08-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Other than Emeradan being a douche, what was the response to all this on the officials?

Really was not much of a response. All the GM's who did respond would only discuss the issue in general, they would not go specific into this actual event.

Most of the discussion focused on if GM's should use IC ways of checking or not. A whole lot of "Well I do this and it works fine." stuff.

Mistomeer
08-20-2007, 07:52 PM
They don't usually check all accounts for a single AFK scripting warning.

The problem with those kinds of checks is that anyone who is AFK scripting has probably been playing for a long time and the game really is a tedious game. So if you have a player that's been playing for 10-15 years then there's probably alot of times when they don't pay much attention and could miss checks like that even while not scripting. I'm not quite sure what the idea behind those checks are other than to issue more AFK warnings. If the idea is to bust people that are AFK scripting, then something like "SEND - Tell me your favorite two colors" or any other random question would catch that. The idea seems to be rather to catch people that aren't paying 100% close attention while running scripts and most long-term players don't pay 100% close attention while running scripts or otherwise.

With that said, having gotten busted in very similar fashion and done the referral thing, it didn't go my way. Actually, I've never seen a GM's decision on a warning overturned. I once got a warning because the GM said that a friend and I were the same person. I wrote feedback and they checked IP's and found that there was no way that we were and even then they still wouldn't overturn the warning. I'd just put it in the "Fucked by shitty customer service" category and move on.

Joe
08-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Curious... what's your hard-on for the guy? I mean, I have my own reasons for not liking him, so I'm really curious.

Methais
08-21-2007, 12:28 AM
In a nutshell, deleting posts for any reason he can come up with gives him a huge boner. He only pisses me off on the forums though. In game he's not so bad, usually.

Iqxero
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
I've talked with an SGM, after feedback reviewed my case and am much happier with my second talk to a GM then I was with my first.

I won't go into detail, because I'm not mad (isn't that how it works?)

BUT

I will share with other crafters something the GM said, that answers a question I asked on the officials and never really got answered

SGM: The moment you walked away while still in roundtime is the problem here. You entered the command and paused your script, yes, but you weren't fully attentive while the RT was happening. After the RT happens is when the experience / rank gain occurs, so you were considered being afk and gaining due to not being present for the RT

So, anybody who forges, you HAVE TO BE PRESENT during RT or a gm could bust you for AFK crafting, even with no script. This is a pain, especially with harder metals, but, this is as straight from the horses mouth as it gets, and I thought I would share that.

Kembal
08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
This affects crafting and forging. Do they really expect people to sit at the screen for 9-10 minutes if forging vultite?

Paradii
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I've talked with an SGM, after feedback reviewed my case and am much happier with my second talk to a GM then I was with my first.

BUT

I will share with other crafters something the GM said, that answers a question I asked on the officials and never really got answered

SGM: The moment you walked away while still in roundtime is the problem here. You entered the command and paused your script, yes, but you weren't fully attentive while the RT was happening. After the RT happens is when the experience / rank gain occurs, so you were considered being afk and gaining due to not being present for the RT

So, anybody who forges, you HAVE TO BE PRESENT during RT or a gm could bust you for AFK crafting, even with no script. This is a pain, especially with harder metals, but, this is as straight from the horses mouth as it gets, and I thought I would share that.

That is by far the fucking lamest thing I've heard. As if forging wasn't retardly long and tedious already, now you have to stare at your fucking front end watching 2 minutes of you life go by (x 1000 attempts).

Anyone want to buy a master craftsman/two handed weapons forger?

Tsa`ah
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm glad it turned out well for you, but you were given a line of bullshit to cover up some shitty GM.

Methais
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM

BUT

I wonder if that means killing a critter, not searching it and going afk before it decays would be considered the same thing, since you don't get xp til it decays.

Sean
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
That still doesn't answer what commands you entered after they checked on you

Khariz
08-24-2007, 05:31 PM
I wonder if that means killing a critter, not searching it and going afk before it decays would be considered the same thing, since you don't get xp til it decays.

I mean, as silly as this sounds, it's basically the same thing without as much RT.

Wow GMs are fucking stupid.

Krinthalis
08-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Posted by GS4-Tilmont on the officials:

"I, like the original poster, hit a command and then pause or end my script (depending on how long I have to step away from my desk) till the next command is ready to be entered. I don't see why anyone would need to pay attention to messaging flying by that you've seen 1000 times already from previous ranks. I do also scroll up and see what happened before I resume or restart the script to enter the next command."

Didn't he design a bunch of the artisan stuff? So, ummm, WTF? Way to make the rules so clear that even your own staff can't understand them.

Methais
08-25-2007, 02:13 AM
So basically according to the situation, Tilmont should receive a warning for afk scripting.