PDA

View Full Version : Any Polearm pallies out there?

CaptContagious
08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
So I just converted so I got the wonderful ability to instant migrate points, and I have.. alot!
I started out sword and board... boring...
so I went 2handed weapons. Damn nice damage but the DS BLOWS!
Tried the Morning Star route... Also boring.
So whats left? Polearms? Well, I tried it and I have to say... I am hooked! Awesome Damage, the DS is as good as sword and board, and I get to use the awesome CMAN's trip and Charge. So I am looking for a good Polearm pally training plan and see what others think of there polearm paladins.

Danical
08-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Check out Menos on the officials.

thefarmer
08-11-2007, 11:27 PM
So I just converted so I got the wonderful ability to instant migrate points, and I have.. alot!
I started out sword and board... boring...
so I went 2handed weapons. Damn nice damage but the DS BLOWS!
Tried the Morning Star route... Also boring.
So whats left? Polearms? Well, I tried it and I have to say... I am hooked! Awesome Damage, the DS is as good as sword and board, and I get to use the awesome CMAN's trip and Charge. So I am looking for a good Polearm pally training plan and see what others think of there polearm paladins.

Er. Why is your DS as good as sword/board? It really shouldn't be, Unless you're using a polearm/shield combo, in which case you're totally missing out on the good parts of being a polearm user.

Personally, I enjoyed being a 2hd paladin as much as I enjoy a polearm paladin. I'm only using polearms for the RP factor, otherwise I would have probably stuck with a claid like a majority of paladins now.

Basic 2hd/pole training plans usually consist of:

Armor x2 to MBP, then fullplate as the eventual goal
CM x1-1.5
Poles x2
Spell x.75-1 (Paladin circle up to Divine Intervention, then up MinSpirit for WoF)
PT x1-1.5
HP x.75
A lot of your older paladins advocate eventual reach of 2x CM and possibly 2x PT.
Sometimes Dodge gets thrown in there at 1x, which I'm actually 1.5x in.
Lores are usually thrown in when able to get the maximum bonus to kneeling for Divine Strike and Judgement, then placed whereever

Secondary skills are up to you.

Menos is a good resource on the officials, being capped and a polearmer, there's also Valicar who's 2-weapon and capped.

The Ponzzz
08-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Paladins are really built for shields.

Jessaril
08-12-2007, 02:35 AM
My paladin uses poles, also 1xs shields because I didn't want to part with my shield.