PDA

View Full Version : Alanamarie

Reyek
11-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Ok so i was getting boxes for a rogue friend of mine in zombies and Irken was in there sitting still gathering up all the zombies. i asked him what why wasnt he attack the zombies. he said he was doing other things. Fair enough i went aroudn the area dn that was the only 2 zombies in the area. so i todl him kill them soon before i do. Few minutes later he comes up to me and say dont i dare tell him what to do(bad thing to tell my wizard). So i went in and casted 409 at him and stunned him. less then 1 second later a zombie came in and mushed his head, killing the poor bastard. Alanamarie comes to his rescue and then begins to locate me. so i go invisible and wait. she comes to where im at less then 2 minutes later sword drawn. and looking for me. stupid girl doesnt know how to dispell invisibility it seems. Walks by me like 5 times. Dont you hate it when that happens?

Xcalibur
11-28-2003, 11:29 AM
No, i adored it even

Doing that initiate pvp, and it's thrilling

Reyek
11-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Yea PvP is fun sometimes. But i didnt bring my elder characters into the fight. i didnt even warn either of them. they still lookin for me its funny

You gesture at Irken.
CS: +227 - TD: +179 + CvA: +15 + d100: +63 - -5 == +131
Warding failed!
... 50 points of damage!
Massive blow to abdomen!
He is stunned!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>
A zombie's flesh begins dripping and oozing on the ground.
A zombie tries to bite Irken!
AS: +172 vs DS: +124 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +79 = +166
... and hits for 51 points of damage!
Crossing slash to chest catches Irken's attention!

* Irken drops dead at your feet!

A shadow seems to detach itself from Irken's body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The light blue glow leaves Irken.
The air calms down around Irken.
The deep blue glow leaves Irken.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Irken.
The powerful look leaves Irken.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Irken.
The bright luminescence fades from around Irken.

The zombie moans a wail of victory!
>
The white cat sits down.
>
The ghostly voice of Irken softly says, "You fuck."
>

then the second time was just icing on the cake...

>
The ghostly voice of Irken softly says, "That blows."
>
A zombie shambles east.

Tenacity curtsies to Ridgehar.
>tell fam to say now dont you feel dumb
You concentrate on commanding your familiar...
The white cat purrs, "now dont you feel dumb"
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
>

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Alanamarie.
>
>
A zombie shambles in!
>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Quildor.

>
A zombie shambles in!
>
Quildor grins.
>
Quildor waves.

>
Quildor traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>
>
A zombie claws at Quildor!
Quildor evades the attack!
>
The ghostly voice of Irken softly says, "Leave my quildor."
>
Alanamarie asks, "Devlun again?"
>
>
Denethor smiles at Corilley.
>
A zombie claws at a white cat!
The white cat evades the attack!
>
>
The ghostly voice of Irken softly says, "No this time it was me."
>tell fam to say no it was the zombie
You concentrate on commanding your familiar...
The white cat purrs, "no it was the zombie"
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Parkbandit
11-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Why do people have scripts for simple attack spells? Doesn't a macro work so much better?

Prep 409 \r cast at @

so all I would have to do is hit F1 and then type Irken and hit enter.

Seems the last few posts about any CvC has been with a script... my way saves even more keystrokes.

Reyek
11-28-2003, 12:32 PM
{.cast 409 @}

does:
prep 409
waitfor your
put stance off
cast @
put stance def
all that in 1 small script.

and it changes spells on the fly

alot better then a your macro

GemstoneFan
11-28-2003, 01:39 PM
Lemme get this straight -- you caused someone's death because they weren't killing the critters IN THEIR OWN ROOM?

Did it occur to you that something might have come up outside the game for a moment? Fedex at the door, whatever, it happens.

Looks like you were just itching for a fight. Maybe it's just me but I thought it was a pretty shitty thing to do.

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 01:59 PM
seemed that way to me too. My girlfriend sometimes has trouble keeping up with the zombies that swarm into her room. So she ends up with 6 or 7 in the room at one time. You come along and kill her for that and your going to be in a world of hurt ;)

-Adredrin

Artha
11-28-2003, 02:23 PM
I recall the thrak saying something about it being common courtesy not to sit in a room and let critters gather, and if they do, anyone's welcome to kill them.

I know if I ever see 15 critters in a room with someone not doing anything, I'll take them out.

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Artha
I recall the thrak saying something about it being common courtesy not to sit in a room and let critters gather, and if they do, anyone's welcome to kill them.

I know if I ever see 15 critters in a room with someone not doing anything, I'll take them out.

He does state it is common courtesy not to sit in one room and let critters gather, he does NOT state someone has the right to kill them all.

I've delt with the same thing in the past, namely from Sheka in cold guardians. She use to have 15-20 of them in the room at a time, so no more would spawn in the area. Simple solution, go find something else to do for 20 min or so, once they finish, go back. Killing someone for it is pretty lame.

-Adredrin

I'd also like to point out something from the first post in this thread..

"Ok so i was getting boxes for a rogue friend of mine in zombies.."

From that line right there, it leads me to beleive he was not even hunting for experience. And following that logic, his CS is based a lot higher then someone zombie age would have.

-Adredrin

[Edited on 11-28-2003 by LordAdredrin]

Anebriated
11-28-2003, 02:28 PM
From what i read he didnt start attacking them. The guy came after him when Devlun told him to start killing them. Thats when he proceeded to stun the guy. Personally i like the way it was played out. Irken deserved what he got there.

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin
From what i read he didnt start attacking them. The guy came after him when Devlun told him to start killing them. Thats when he proceeded to stun the guy. Personally i like the way it was played out. Irken deserved what he got there.

Again, taking a direct quote from the post..if someone walks up to you and says "Few minutes later he comes up to me and say dont i dare tell him what to do.." You are going to attack them? He did not stun the person, he attacked the person, he used 409, elemental blast. That does a lot more then stun someone.

-Adredrin

Miss X
11-28-2003, 03:59 PM
Elrodin is right, Dev didnt attack him just for not killing the critters in the room. I'm not saying I think attacking was the right thing to do (I wouldnt have done it personally) but I do know Devlun's player very well and I know how Devlun is roleplayed, and that was completly IC for him.

Vesi
11-28-2003, 05:49 PM
When I was sweeping zombies I found out they were different levels. So, as I progressed in sweeping, I would maybe calm the younger ones (cause they could still hit me) and sweep the older ones in the room. Sometimes it took awhile to get around to actually killing them. I might have even said to someone if they asked why I wasn't killing them that I was doing something else. Yes, I would take offense to someone telling me I should start killing them or they would. More than likely I would even say something like he did... don't tell me what to do. However, I would NEVER let anyone fight my battles for me.

Just another possible scenario. <shrugs>

Vesi

Drew2
11-28-2003, 05:53 PM
Devlun is a sissy. Just toss a fireball at him and he screams like a girl.

Askip
11-28-2003, 06:04 PM
If someone was zooing I would not hesitate to kill critters in "his" area.

Askip

Vesi
11-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Askip
If someone was zooing I would not hesitate to kill critters in "his" area.

Askip

Yep... no response or more than five creatures in a room forever and they are just standing there doing nothing... goodbye creatures.

Vesi

Dighn Darkbeam
11-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Heh, I would quake and then finish them off once the person was killed.

Betheny
11-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
seemed that way to me too. My girlfriend sometimes has trouble keeping up with the zombies that swarm into her room. So she ends up with 6 or 7 in the room at one time. You come along and kill her for that and your going to be in a world of hurt ;)

-Adredrin

BOO HOO LITTLE GIRL CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HERSELF

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey, who ever said I was going to be causin the world of hurt? ;)

-Adredrin

She takes damn fine care of herself.

Betheny
11-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Then why threaten people? Sheesh. This is why my characters remain single.

Xcalibur
11-28-2003, 08:05 PM
hmmm a powerful lusty somewhat cute and somewhat intelligent cleric as a slave, ehh, i meant as a wife..

Bestatte
11-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Once upon a time in the moaning spirits area, a wizard was standing there letting spirits swarm. Me and a friend passed by, and saw around 8 spirits, and this guy was just standing there. So we stopped and asked if he needed help. No response. We waited a moment, figuring maybe he just needed to catch up to the screen scroll of these things trying to pound on him. No response.

We glanced at him, then at the moaning spirits. We told him surely he'd want help, because he was being ganged up on and one of them was gonna get a punch in eventually. No response. I "reported" to let the GMs know I was about to do something, and that I'd give the opportunity for the idle wizard to respond before doing it. I got the A-OK from the GM, who said, simply, "Go for it."

I told the wizard that I was gonna bring these spirits down to their knees so they can't hurt him, and would he please just take my hand so I can keep him from falling. No response. I told him, well, you know, these things are a menace to anyone who passes by, so he really should take my hand so I can get this done. No response.

I shrugged and cast quake. The spirits dropped. The wizard dropped. The spirits got up. The wizard did not. It was a fine day.

StrayRogue
11-29-2003, 10:08 AM
You are hassling someone for not killing critters when you yourself are over hunting them most likely? HA!

Reyek
11-29-2003, 10:15 PM
just to clarify i didnt kill him till after he came and found me and got an attitude with me. I didnt even kill his critters i just left and went back to the node. he came found me and got the attitude. thats why i killed him. I didnt kill 1 of the critters nor did i attack him in any way.

Trinitis
11-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
You are hassling someone for not killing critters when you yourself are over hunting them most likely? HA!

That was pretty much how I felt about it. Heh

-Adredrin

Reyek
11-29-2003, 10:34 PM
And now he sends another elder, Silversoft to defend him too. Thats the worst part, getting your elder friends to come be your voice.

Drew2
11-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Silverslut is a bitch and all around tool. She is to be disregarded, as her spine is easily removed with my falchion.

Reyek
11-29-2003, 10:49 PM
eh i am about to kill her myself. cast 435 then 525 then dispell then sleep her and walk away...
sounds fun to me
:)

Drew2
11-29-2003, 10:50 PM
She's around 70 I'd say. Good luck with that.

Reyek
11-29-2003, 10:51 PM
still sounds fun. even if i dont do it sucessfully.