PDA

View Full Version : Do head shots compile?

Rathgar
08-11-2007, 01:02 PM
If I hit a critter on the head for rank 2 wounding, and I hit again will it go to rank 3 or more? What if the next rank was a death crit, will it say you can't hit them on the head anymore? (which is idiotic).

Asha
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
If I hit a critter on the head for rank 2 wounding, and I hit again will it go to rank 3 or more? What if the next rank was a death crit, will it say you can't hit them on the head anymore? (which is idiotic).
I thought crit + crit = next level of crit.
Depending on what rank crit you add to a rank 2 crit it could vary from rank 3 - red spray.

'''What if the next rank was a death crit, will it say you can't hit them on the head anymore? '''

It'd just give you a fatal head crit message.

Sean of the Thread
08-11-2007, 01:29 PM
This is the expert on headshots. You might find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQFYceNZS8

Latrinsorm
08-11-2007, 03:10 PM
rank 1 wound + rank 1 wound = rank 2 wound
rank 1 wound + rank 2 wound = rank 2 wound
rank 2 wound + rank 2 wound = rank 3 wound

The wound a creature currently has has no influence on the crit rank that will occur on subsequent hits. The exception to this is when you can't hit that area anymore at all (for instance, rank 3 wound to the arm). You cannot aim for an area with a rank 3 wound, from what I remember.

Cademus
08-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Thats kinda silly,I smack your head for rank 2 wound then smack again for rank 2 wound, then the next smack should kill you....if you can't aim for it, it physically means you have no head !

NocturnalRob
08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I especially like when i ambush a krolvin chieftain first in the left and then in the right eye, neither of which kill it. So it's blinded in both eyes, and it's still whacking away at me at around 80% of it's full AS (but i can only assume that's from health loss, not because he can't actually see me).

and since no one can see me unless i want them too anyway...i find it hard to believe that a blind opponent is as effective as one with two or even one eye.

this is a slight tangent, but relevant nonetheless if only because i say so

Skeeter
08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
BOOM HEADSHOT!!

http://www.ajmiles.com/boom_headshot.JPG

grapedog
08-15-2007, 05:41 PM
to avoid any of the "you can't crit this part anymore...how about a shot to the chest instead"... If I hit hard, but don't kill it on a single headshot, I aim for the neck...if for some silly reason it's still alive, I target the left eye. I've never had to go to the right eye...and normally the left eye is a very rare occurance.

I use a heavily crit weighted "heavy glaes waraxe" though...so, i don't even think punctures are available to me...which is why I keep away from the eyes until the end.

I'm guessing they are the same, but I might as well ask. Is the head or neck any more likely to cause a death? I normally target the head first...but if the neck in general, is a more beneficial target, I can always switch.

Latrinsorm
08-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Is the head or neck any more likely to cause a death?No.

If the creature is wearing a helm, it's possible that the neck is not covered. In that case, you'd obviously be better off hitting the neck if you can.