PDA

View Full Version : 4x longsword with switchable flares

diethx
08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
a two-toned vultite longsword
Show:
This longsword has been forged of sturdy vultite with a slightly curved mistwood haft wrapped in darkened suede. One side of the sword is stained with deep black streaks and is etched with small, opaque tufts of smoke rising. The other side, while still tinged the original dyed claret of the vultite, is sporadically covered in small clumps of engraved frost and dew. The pommel of the sword is rather large and oddly-shaped, with what appear to be tiny holes above either side of the blade.

4x longsword, with switchable acid and cold flares. I've seen them flare up to 40, not sure if that's max. Breakage is 80/200 and it's mainly crafted from vultite. Weighs 4 pounds.

1m flat, AIM at die thx or PM.

Khariz
08-10-2007, 07:53 AM
I love weapons with cold and acid as the switchables. Won't get you killed anywhere.

Asha
08-10-2007, 07:54 AM
That's a really good point. Nice.

AestheticDeath
08-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Will something besides lightning get you killed, if your using it yourself?

And do your own weapon flares actually hurt you around water? Any water or just in Nelemar, where you are immersed.

Khariz
08-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Will something besides lightning get you killed, if your using it yourself?

And do your own weapon flares actually hurt you around water? Any water or just in Nelemar, where you are immersed.

Yes. Fire and Plasma. Bowels.

Asha
08-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Vibe flares in Pinefar

diethx
08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately it's only 4x, and unless you hunt somewhere where it's very possible to lose it, you probably won't want to settle for 4x! hehe

But yes, it's an excellent weapon and served me very well.

Celephais
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately it's only 4x, and unless you hunt somewhere where it's very possible to lose it, you probably won't want to settle for 4x! hehe

But yes, it's an excellent weapon and served me very well.

I'm curious how this factors into getting it further enchanted with Premium Points... do they double charge you for flares? or do you just pay the flared price?

diethx
08-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm curious how this factors into getting it further enchanted with Premium Points... do they double charge you for flares? or do you just pay the flared price?

You have 9200 points available.
It will cost 3500 points to enchant a two-toned vultite longsword.
There may be a 1000 point surcharge due to this being a scripted item.
All point costs are estimates until Sadie has a chance to examine the item. Some items may have restrictions that will not allow certain services.

As far as I know, these are the only scripts:
>turn longs
As you turn the longsword it draws all the heat from the surrounding air as ice forms on it.
>turn longs
>
As you turn the longsword a trail of smoking black liquid runs down its length.

So I don't know if those actually count towards a surcharge or not. But that's what PCALC says, so it doesn't look like you get double charged for the flares.

Kembal
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
The flares would be considered a script rather than flares, so yeah, no double-charge.

If I had a character that used OHE primarily, I'd probably buy this. Cold/Acid flares are nice.

The Ponzzz
08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
It's a nice weapon, I sold my 4x axe for 6 times that price. And my 6x one for a lot fucking more.

Surprised it hasn't been sold yet.

diethx
08-10-2007, 10:49 PM
It's a nice weapon, I sold my 4x axe for 6 times that price. And my 6x one for a lot fucking more.

Surprised it hasn't been sold yet.

Me too! Still for sale :/

diethx
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Nevermind, it's sold :)