PDA

View Full Version : Latest crime statistics: murder

Gan
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
African-Americans are victims of nearly half the murders committed in the United States despite making up only 13 percent of the population, a report published Thursday showed.

Around 8,000 of nearly 16,500 murder victims in 2005, or 49 percent, were black Americans, according to the report released by the statistics bureau of the Department of Justice.

Broken down by gender, 6,800 black men were murdered in 2005, making up more than half the nearly 13,000 male murder victims.

Black women made up 35 percent, or 1,200, of the nearly 3,500 female homicide victims.

Young black men aged between 17 and 29 bore a disproportionately high burden in the grim statistics, making up 51 percent of African-American murder victims.

The percentage of white male murder victims in the same age group was 37 percent.

More than half the murders of blacks took place in densely populated urban areas.

Firearms were involved 77 percent of the time in homicides involving black people and around 60 percent of the time in murders of whites.

Most murder victims -- 93 percent of blacks and 85 percent of whites -- were killed by someone of their own race.

Gang violence was involved in around five percent of homicides with black victims against seven percent for white victims.

In percentage terms, whites were twice as likely to be killed by a current or former partner than blacks -- 12 percent of whites were murdered by a life partner against six percent of blacks.

Blacks were also at greater risk of rape or sexual assault than any other ethnic group except American Indians, the report showed.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070809202217.9us2orhu&show_article=1

Apathy
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM
You are obviously a racist seeking justification for his views.

Gan
08-09-2007, 08:05 PM
You are obviously a racist seeking justification for his views.

I laugh at you.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/slavery/african-american-art/laughing-negro.jpg

Drew
08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Most murder victims -- 93 percent of blacks and 85 percent of whites -- were killed by someone of their own race.

While true this obfuscates the actual statistics on interracial crime.

From wikipedia:

US Department of Justice survey stated that more than 6.6 million violent crimes (murder, rape, assault and robbery) are committed in the United States each year, of which about 20%, are inter-racial crimes. Of the approximately 1,200,000 interracial crimes of violence each year, 90% are committed by African Americans against White Americans. African Americans are more than 50 times more likely to commit violent crimes against White Americans than vice versa.

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States (Go to the linked document, and under “Victims and Offenders” download the pdf file for 2005), in the United States in 2005, 37,460 White females were sexually assaulted or raped by a Black man, while between zero and ten Black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a White man.

Hulkein
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Considering I take public transportation through the worst neighborhoods in the country (West Killadelphia is proudly spray painted on an abandoned building that is right next to the El) I can't say I'm surprised. It's sad really.

Skeeter
08-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Dayton used to be the murder capital of the USA. (per capita)

Go us.

No idea where it ranks now though.

Umpyr
08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Dayton used to be the murder capital of the USA. (per capita)

Go us.

No idea where it ranks now though.

Probably below Youngstown, unfortunately.

Sean
08-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd kill myself if I lived in Ohio

Anebriated
08-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Pretty sure Philly is top 3 right now. I go through west philly a good bit these days too. Ima have to look for the west Killadelphia sign. That near where market and route 3 run together?

Skeeter
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I'd kill myself if I lived in Ohio

I'd kill you myself if you lived in Ohio

Sean
08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
hate crime!

Hulkein
08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Pretty sure Philly is top 3 right now. I go through west philly a good bit these days too. Ima have to look for the west Killadelphia sign. That near where market and route 3 run together?

It's on the Market-Frankford line of the El (Elevated train for those without it) if you're looking out the right side of the trolley (facing forward). It's on like 53rd, one of the last stops before 69th St. in Upper Darby. So yeah, it's a little before Market turns into West Chester Pike.

Anebriated
08-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Where you at in Philly Hulkien? I used to live Center City but now the only time im there im visiting my gf by penn/USP

Keller
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Where are you working this summer Hulk?

DeV
08-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I have family in West Philly. Specifically, an aunt who lives there who's been a school teacher in that dilapidated district for most of her teaching career. :( I also have family in Bryn Mawr and other much less frightening areas of Philly. Night and fucking day those two places.

I'm not surprised by the statistics in the least.

Anebriated
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Philly's death rate is not too far off of the death rate of american troops in Iraq. Its a good thing we are sending so many troops overseas...

so dev... when you comin to visit? ;)

Sean
08-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by DEV
I have family in West Philly.

Is that where they were born and raised? Is the playground where they spent most of their days?

DeV
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
so dev... when you comin to visit? ;)I'll let you know next time I'm there so we can get together for drinks and stuff. :tumble:

DeV
08-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Is that where they were born and raised? Is the playground where they spent most of their days?:rofl:

I'm going to have that damn song in my head for the rest of the day now. Thank you very much.

Skeeter
08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
hate crime!

I do hate the dutch.

CrystalTears
08-10-2007, 02:41 PM
"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."

Methais
08-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Considering I take public transportation through the worst neighborhoods in the country (West Killadelphia is proudly spray painted on an abandoned building that is right next to the El) I can't say I'm surprised. It's sad really.

That's what happens when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in your neighborhood.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/47e99d2533ef3f4f90d62ea3885cc403.gif

Hulkein
08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Where you at in Philly Hulkien? I used to live Center City but now the only time im there im visiting my gf by penn/USP

I live in Upper Darby. I'm moving to either Manayunk, Queens Village (area of South Philly) or Olde City soon though.

Where are you working this summer Hulk?

I did legal research for one of my professor's. I needed a break from the first year work so I took something light that would look adequate on my resume. Pretty much I'm an alcoholic and didn't feel like busting my ass this summer. I need to start preparing to find a good job for next summer though.

PS. I love the Fresh Prince references. My cousin was actually in a couple of Will Smith's classes at Overbrook High or wherever they went to school in Overbrook (may have been a Catholic school, I forget).

chillmonster
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
African-Americans are victims of nearly half the murders committed in the United States despite making up only 13 percent of the population, a report published Thursday showed.

Around 8,000 of nearly 16,500 murder victims in 2005, or 49 percent, were black Americans, according to the report released by the statistics bureau of the Department of Justice.

Broken down by gender, 6,800 black men were murdered in 2005, making up more than half the nearly 13,000 male murder victims.

Black women made up 35 percent, or 1,200, of the nearly 3,500 female homicide victims.

Young black men aged between 17 and 29 bore a disproportionately high burden in the grim statistics, making up 51 percent of African-American murder victims...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070809202217.9us2orhu&show_article=1

Interesting information - and not exactly surprising. However, I have to wonder if you were trying to make a point with this post. If you were, I have to ask you to enlighten us. Else, where or not you care, you do run the risk of seeming like a coward even in the relative anonymity of this board for not simply stating what you believe. :respect:

Gan
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Interesting information - and not exactly surprising. However, I have to wonder if you were trying to make a point with this post. If you were, I have to ask you to enlighten us. Else, where or not you care, you do run the risk of seeming like a coward even in the relative anonymity of this board for not simply stating what you believe. :respect:

Believe me, I'm anything but a coward in expressing my views here. I've been known to be outspoken as well as known to stick my foot in mouth when the situation called for it.

Reasons why I posted the story:

1. Recent and relevant news story pertaining to crime and racial statistics, which happen to be a continuing topic that appears here on the boards.

2. My degree is on economics, I love news when it pertians to statistics, especially social statistics.

3. I also used to work in one of our illustrious state prison institutions here in Texas, as well as be in law enforcement. I find crime interesting in any respects, even if I'm not working in that field currently.

4. I think the story, linking racial statistics, forgets to include that the reason why folks are more likely to kill folks of the same color also has something to do with perpetrating the crime in areas readily available to them - meaning their part of town - which also has specific demographics that come into play with who populates those areas. The old saying that the victim was most likely killed by somene they knew has a lot of truth to it. Birds of a feather and all that.

That work for you? Or were you hoping to out me for being a racist honky who just posted the story to demonstrate my contempt for people of non-white skin color? (You can ask around about my being on record for contempt for any form of racial predejuice -its about as well known as my inability to spell ;) .)

Sean
08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
You're from Texas we know deep down inside your a racist honkey... next thing you know you'll be in the news for dragging Drew2 behind your truck.

Normally I detest using italics but for such a sensitive issue I don't need the likes of chillmonster thinking I'm being serious about Gan.

chillmonster
08-19-2007, 10:49 PM
...That work for you? Or were you hoping to out me for being a racist honky who just posted the story to demonstrate my contempt for people of non-white skin color? (You can ask around about my being on record for contempt for any form of racial predejuice -its about as well known as my inability to spell ;) .)

I don't presume to know you well enough to place any label on you (just in case you were hoping I was the angry guy who looks for an escuse everyone call every other asshole a racist). My point was about posting statistics that present a distorted and incomplete picture without acknowledging the missing info or simply stating where you're comming from. It seems as if you were looking to prompt response from either those people who would use this incomplete information to support their misguided views or from those who would use it as an excuse to go on an unwarranted anti-racism rant.

Also, if you read my response you'll see that I never passed judgement on you. I'm obviously new to this board and I don't know the first thing about you. The point was simply to get you to state your point and let me know where you were comming from.

Gan
08-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't presume to know you well enough to place any label on you (just in case you were hoping I was the angry guy who looks for an escuse everyone call every other asshole a racist). My point was about posting statistics that present a distorted and incomplete picture without acknowledging the missing info or simply stating where you're comming from. It seems as if you were looking to prompt response from either those people who would use this incomplete information to support their misguided views or from those who would use it as an excuse to go on an unwarranted anti-racism rant.

Also, if you read my response you'll see that I never passed judgement on you. I'm obviously new to this board and I don't know the first thing about you. The point was simply to get you to state your point and let me know where you were comming from.

9 days later... (PS, you're lucky to get a response at all after waiting this long to bump)

Now, what you're not getting is that I simply posted a fucking story from a news website.

GOD DAMN!!!

Just in case you have not figured it out, we DISCUSS things here. Sometimes we dont post things for a specific aim or result, but simply to discuss. Had I added any commentary on the bottom of the OP then you would have seen my specific aim for posting the story.

Furthermore, I have no power over what statistics the story chooses to use as a basis of its thesis. I simply posted the story, I did not write the story, I did not edit the story, nor did I publish the story in its original medium. I simply copied teh story from the source, and posted it here. (Do you see the trend here?)

And since I didnt post any commentary below the OP, then you can sumrise that I had no aim or agenda in posting said story. READ THE FUCKING FINE PRINT NEXT TIME.

:banghead:

The Ponzzz
08-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Yea, once you understand most the people here are just here to discuss and joke around, this place isn't really that bad.

Warriorbird
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MHES1Y63L._SS500_.jpg

Sean of the Thread
08-20-2007, 12:05 AM
KILL WHITEY!!!!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/039_19516.jpg

Warriorbird
08-20-2007, 12:16 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1152935721_746888c583_o.jpg

Tsa`ah
08-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm surprised no one has brought up gun control. You people are slipping.

chillmonster
08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
9 days later... (PS, you're lucky to get a response at all after waiting this long to bump)

Now, what you're not getting is that I simply posted a fucking story from a news website.

GOD DAMN!!!

Just in case you have not figured it out, we DISCUSS things here. Sometimes we dont post things for a specific aim or result, but simply to discuss. Had I added any commentary on the bottom of the OP then you would have seen my specific aim for posting the story.

Furthermore, I have no power over what statistics the story chooses to use as a basis of its thesis. I simply posted the story, I did not write the story, I did not edit the story, nor did I publish the story in its original medium. I simply copied teh story from the source, and posted it here. (Do you see the trend here?)

And since I didnt post any commentary below the OP, then you can sumrise that I had no aim or agenda in posting said story. READ THE FUCKING FINE PRINT NEXT TIME.

:banghead:

Jesus Christ, dude. I hope you didn't spend all week waiting on my response. I acutally just read yours just before I responded, and as you can see, I felt and still feel no need to be an asshole. Now that you have so benevolently seen fit to let me in on how things go around here, I'll follow your lead and end the post with important information in small print. Get our your magnifying glass...

My point is: IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD CONVERSATION. SMOKE SOME WEED, BEAT OFF, YELL AT YOUR WIFE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS YOU DO; AND CALM DOWN. IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!!!:compbash:

Gan
08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1152935721_746888c583_o.jpg

FINALLY! WB throws up an image worthy of a LOL.

:lol2:

Gan
08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Jesus Christ, dude. I hope you didn't spend all week waiting on my response. I acutally just read yours just before I responded, and as you can see, I felt and still feel no need to be an asshole. Now that you have so benevolently seen fit to let me in on how things go around here, I'll follow your lead and end the post with important information in small print. Get our your magnifying glass...

My point is: IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD CONVERSATION. SMOKE SOME WEED, BEAT OFF, YELL AT YOUR WIFE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS YOU DO; AND CALM DOWN. IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!!!:compbash:

Very few things here get my 'dander' up.

You are not one of them.

:rofl:

Gan
08-20-2007, 09:09 AM

To be honest, that was one of the things I was expecting to see as well.

I seem to remember a classic Nineneque "Its because you allow guns in your society" comment that completely derailed another thread about crime.

Good times, good times.

Lomoriond
08-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I seem to remember a classic Nineneque "Its because you allow guns in your society" comment that completely derailed another thread about crime.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people
[and so do monkeys, if they've got a gun]

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/fun-images/Monkey_20w_20gun_small.jpg
ON THE FLOOR! Got any bananas?

Asha
08-20-2007, 09:46 AM

Waste of time.

chillmonster
08-20-2007, 09:54 AM
This isn't about guns. It's about concentrated, generational poverty; comunities destroyed by rampant drugs and their just and unjust legal ramifications; and a culture that steers kids to crime.

If we were to outlaw guns, we'd just be creating another huge, uncontrollable black market that sucks up resources that would do more good somewhere else. Only difference is, cops would now be stopping cars loaded with AK-47s.

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Sadly, taking guns out of the hands of lawful people and saying they shouldn't have it only makes it harder for those people to protect themselves. The people who are lawful gun owners aren't usually the crime issues, it's the ones that get them un-lawfully to begin with, then use them.

:shrug:

Angela

Sean of the Thread
08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
OH FFS ILLVANE.

DeV
08-20-2007, 10:34 AM
This isn't about guns. It's about concentrated, generational poverty; comunities destroyed by rampant drugs and their just and unjust legal ramifications; and a culture that steers kids to crime.
I agree. There are many additional factors involved here. I think that's why a lot of us who enjoy debates specifically centered around societal issues such as this steered sort of clear this time around. The statistics are just that... a statistic, which doesn't even began to address the underlying factors that propogate these disproportionate murder rates. The gray area is expansive.

Asha
08-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Ilvane..
:headbutt:

Methais
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Ilvane..
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/8468a5a1-1.gif

Fixed.

Asha
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
:heart: Right when I needed you

Methais
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
.................._,--~~~--,_.............._,,---~~~~~--,_................................................ ......................
........,,,,,,,,,,|.....-`-¯-¯-~~-,_...,-`¯.......................`~,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
........|______\'''''''''''''''¯¯¯¯`'~-,`,`....OOOH..YEAH!!!...|__________________....... .........................|
........|........,~`.|`'',¯¯\,__......`-,-,_.....................,-~`...........................|....|.............._ __............'|
........|...,-~`....`-,./`'''''''/,_,`,__...',--\''~|...,-----~~`¯_,,,,,,__.....................|....|.......... .......|..............'|
........|,-`.........##¯¯¯~---,'/--././`-,,,|..\..|,-~'`¯¯¯¯............¯`'~-,..............|....|.................|........... ...|
........||....############`'''''¯.'|,'¯_,.`,.`-'|.....-----~~~~~--,_......¯`~-,.......|.,~`¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯.,-
........||...##########:::###...|''¯..|,-`....`~,..'|.........___....¯`~-,......`~,...`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,'''`¯.'|
........|',...##############.../`''''''/............',/~~'''''''¯.....¯~-,......¯`-,.....`~,............................,,|,,,,,,|
........|.'\....############..,-'¯¯/...........,-`..|-------,,,_.|.___`-,___..`-,......¯`-,_.................,,~`'|.......|
........|...`-,.....#######...,-`..,-`........,-~`....,|............`'|.,,_.........|.....`~,..... ...`~-,............|.....|,,,,,,,|
........|......¯`'~--,,,,,,,-~`¯.....|.._,-~`¯....,-~`.`-,_____,-`..,..`~-,....',_____`~-,........¯`~-,.....|_,~`....,-'|
........|..................\............¯,._,--~''''`¯.........`~-,,,,'-,....',.....`'~,.',........`\...¯`'~~-,__,`........¯¯¯¯|..|
........|...................|...............`-,............................',..../`~~~~,`-,_......'\.....,-`..,----'~-,............|,-'
........|...................|.................'|.. ...........................`~`~---,,,-`....,-`~-,,,|..,-`..../.........`-,............|
........|.................,-``-,............../................########............`-,.`........,'.,'.......`-,..........\...........|
........|...............,-'....,``-,___,-`.......................#######.............¯`'''' ''''~/..'|...........',.........|...........|
........|............../...../.................................#####............ .................|...|...........|.........|...... .....'|
........|............,'...../................................#####............. .......######.|...|........,-`........./............|
........|......_,,-~'`\...|.......................................... .......................#####...',.....,-'........../..........|¯'|
...._,,--~`¯..........\.|.................................. ..............###..........####....|...|_,-`..........,-'...........`-,|
...,'..,...................\..................#### #..................#####......######....|...|..... .......,-`..__...........|
../.....\........_,,-~'`¯/................####....................####...... ....###........|...|......._,~`,-`¯...|`~-,......|
..'-,.....`,-~'¯........./`,....................###..................###.... ...................,'..,'__,~`,,,,-`..--,,,`~~`,.....|
....`-,../..._,,--~'``¯,..`,.......................##...####........ ........................./.../.....¯¯....`...|.-~~~-,'.....|
.......`-~`,-`¯¯¯`''-,,,\...`,.........................#########....... ....###........,'.../..................||,,,,,.../......|
........|.,'................\....\................ ...........################......,-`.,-`............_,,~-,___,-`........|
........|,'....`,............`~,..`-,...............................................#. ....,-`..,-'..._,-~''`¯¯/...¯¯`'''~~---,,.....'|
........||.......`-,.............`-,..`-,................................_________,-`...,-`..............,'................../.`-,..|
........|.\.........`'''~-,_........¯`-,¯`~,....................,-~`.................`~-,`.....,~~~~.,',,,__............/..../..|
........|..`-,_....._,-`...¯''''''''''''''''''''''`~-,_¯`'~-,____,~`...........................¯-,...|.,~~~-.\......¯''''~~-,-`..,-`...|
........|.......¯¯''........,,,,,----,..........¯''~--,___/_____........,-...........,,-`__|.'|.........`~---,_.......\.,-'.....|
........|...............,~`..,~`.....`-,.............................¯¯¯¯,`........,~`... .....¯`-,................¯¯'''~-'`.......|
........|...........,,-`...,-`.......,--~`,..................................`-,.......................`,........................ .......|
........|.........,-`-~`¯`-,__,-~`...........................................¯`'~--,_______,~`...............................|
........|''''''''''''''''''''`-,.....,-~`'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''|
........|,,,,,,,,,,,,,`-~`,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,|

Atlanteax
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Following the italics suggestion...

Only solution... Quarantines!!

Let guns slip in, and only let out people who do not say "Brotha"

Problem will solve itself!

Skeeter
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
No guns for this guy then.

Good thing he brings his own.

http://www.facite.com/perso/catchzone/hulk-hogan-photo.jpg

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Eh, whatever. I just basically agreed that it wasn't about gun control, but other issues..and somehow what I said was stupid.

I get it..as long as it's under my name, you'll ridicule it.

Angela

Gan
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Sadly, taking guns out of the hands of lawful people and saying they shouldn't have it only makes it harder for those people to protect themselves. The people who are lawful gun owners aren't usually the crime issues, it's the ones that get them un-lawfully to begin with, then use them.

:shrug:

Angela

Eh, whatever. I just basically agreed that it wasn't about gun control, but other issues..and somehow what I said was stupid.

Angela

Do you really understand what you post?

Asha
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM

Angela

It was a generic, overstated 'gun control' argument, which most here were hoping to avoid. It's been done too many times and will lead an otherwise decent thread to shit.

Asha
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Do you really understand what you post?

Good thing you quoted so she can re-read it to clarify to herself, even after she deletes it.

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I was saying people could have guns legally..and we should try to get the guns out of the hands of people that are doing crimes with them..I said NOTHING about gun control, aside from getting it out of the hands of criminals.

Angela

Atlanteax
08-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I was saying people could have guns legally..and we should try to get the guns out of the hands of people that are doing crimes with them..I said NOTHING about gun control, aside from getting it out of the hands of criminals.

Angela

WHICH IS A STANCE ON GUN CONTROL

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Do tell..I said keep the guns in the hands of legal, law abiding citizens.

So...taking them out of the hands of criminals is considered gun control?

I thought that was just protecting the law, my bad.

:rolls her eyes:

TheEschaton
08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
It's a stance ON gun control, not necessarily a stance FOR gun control, Ilvane, that we were looking to avoid.

Deadelf
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
It really still is indeed a "stance" on the issue though Angela.

DeV
08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
The article doesn't even mention the instruments of murder used.

Even so, the point is; debating the validity of guns and gun control, for or against, might have a place in a debate regarding murder statistics, but I'm just not seeing it in this one. There are far too many underlying factors which directly influence the statistics, and guns are the least of those concerns, IMO.

Ilvane
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh, no..I wasn't trying to start that debate anyway. I was just agreeing with a couple of folks who were talking about it in the posts before mine.:)

Angela

DeV
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I know you weren't trying to start the debate. Interestingly enough, you weren't even the first person to mention guns in this thread.

Asha
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
It doesn't matter now. Gun control would have been marginaly more on topic than another Ilvane thread.

CrystalTears
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
I blame Tsa`ah.

Gan
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh, no..I wasn't trying to start that debate anyway. I was just agreeing with a couple of folks who were talking about it in the posts before mine.:)

Angela

The mere fact that you fail to realize that your post almost derailed yet another thread speaks immensely about your inability to moderate threads whose topics might or might not be going off topic.

A clear example of why positions of authority should not be left in the hands of the ignorant.

Asha
08-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Heh.. 'authority'.
That was good, man.

Methais
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
... ... ... ... ... ,-~"|____________________________________________ ,/'-,,... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ,-~".... ...Suicide is your only option\,.... .... .... ....... ... ,-~"-... ... ... ... ... ..
... ... . ,/' '\,;;; ;;; \,_______________________,/;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; '\,.'\,... ... ... ... ...
... ... .. ,/' ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;;{};;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; '\,... ... ... ... ....
... ... ...,/ ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ______;;; ;;; _______;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... '\,______;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; ;;; O ; ,/'::::-----|;;; ;;,/_____,/####'\,... ... .... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... .... .. "~,______________; ;;; ; '\,,/'------|;;; ;;; ;;;;; "~, .| #######'\,... . ...... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... '\,'\,,/'¯¯¯¯,/'#,/' '\, ;;; ;| ########'\, ... ... ... ... ... ..
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ,/'. ,/'... ... ,/'##,/'... |;;; ;;;|######### ...... ... ... ... ... ... ..
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... . ,/'. ,/'... . ,/'##,/'... . ,/';;; ;; "~-,######'\,... ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. ,/'_,/'"~-,___,-~~,-~" ,-~" '\,#######'\, ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... "~-,______,-~""~,;;;;,-"######## '\,... ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. '\,;;; ; '\,########'\,... ... ... ... ... ... ..
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. '\,;;; '\,########'\,... ... ... ... ... ... ..
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. '\,;;;; '\,#########'\,... ... ... ... ... ....
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... '\,;;; '\,#########'\,... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... '\,;;; '\,#########'\,... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...\,;;; \,#########\,... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..\,;;; \.#########\, ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .\.;;; \,#########\,... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ,/++,/+++++++++/ ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ~~~~... ... ... ... .... ...

Blazing247
08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Guns don't kill people, dangerous minorities do. Wait, what the hell was this topic about again?