PDA

View Full Version : Gnomes are tiny....right?

Kurili
11-27-2003, 09:32 AM
OK, didnt I remember that Gnomes are very small, smaller even than Halflings?

You see Damfoodle the Rogue.
He appears to be a Burghal Gnome of the Nylem Bloodline.
He appears to be very young and diminutive. He has bulging purple eyes and ashen skin. He has a bald head. He has a weathered face, a bulbous nose and heavy jowls.
He has minor cuts and bruises on his abdominal area, and some minor cuts and bruises on his left arm.
He is holding an arrow in his right hand and a composite bow in his left hand.
He is wearing some light fur-edged leathers, a round otter fur cap, some shaggy bearskin leggings, a pair of fur-lined boots, a bristly boarhide pack, a fang-fringed bronze leather pouch, a crystal amulet, and a belt quiver.
>weigh dam
You carefully examine Damfoodle's physique and figure he weighs about 165 pounds.
>
My char here is a Faendryl Sorceress:
You carefully examine your physique and figure you weigh about 161 pounds.

This is not the first VERY large for a tiny person Gnome I've seen. In fact, I've not seen one even close to Halfling size. Something is wrong here I think.

Acolyte Kurili

Sean
11-27-2003, 09:34 AM
maybe hes just big boned

Adhara
11-27-2003, 10:07 AM
LOL wow big gnome!

Kurili
11-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Tijay, Adhara, come on. ALL the gnomes are HUGE! My good Koar, they're not Gnomes, they're Elves dressed in Gnome suits!

We want small gnomes, dagnabbit!

Acolyte Kurili, being picky as usual

Skirmisher
11-27-2003, 10:18 AM
My understanding of gnomes has always been that they are similar to dwarves in height but slightly less stocky while still being taller and far stockier than a halfling.

Sean
11-27-2003, 10:21 AM
i still stand by my big bones theory .. and with that have a great thanksgiving ill check in with you all later :)

GSLeloo
11-27-2003, 10:27 AM
Gnomes are just really fat. They eat too many dogs.

Kurili
11-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Oh, eat lots Tijay! Binge and enjoy your friends and family.

Could be it Skirmisher. But I know I read once they were one to two feet tall. That could have changed I suppose. I might actually have to re-consult docs before I complain.

Naaah, that would take all the fun out of baseless complaining!

GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!

Acolyte Kurili

(edited to correct typo)

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by Kurili]

Kurili
11-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Maybe if they wish to eat household pets, they should switch to cats then, Leloo. Less fat on average.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Acolyte Kurili

HarmNone
11-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
There's a gnome running around Icemule that weighs more than my half-elven empath, who's around 220. I kid you not, that's a FAT gnome!!

Either that, or he is dragging an anchor. :D

HarmNone thinks gnomes should be little people

DaMaGe
11-27-2003, 05:47 PM
My gnome weighs a solid one hundred and four pounds.

-Adam

11-27-2003, 06:35 PM
I have a problem seeing the Aeloteti(sp) weighing more than I do

Kurili
11-27-2003, 09:18 PM
The Gnome by the evening's entertainment courtesy of Darcmoon was 185, The. A LOT more than Wichurana weighs!

Acolyte Kurili

Kestrel
11-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Gnomes are a halfling's halfling. They also have bones made of lead, apparently.

Kurili
11-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I have looked up what I could find on Simu's info pages. A few passages:

It is fitting that a reclusive race should have origins shrouded in mystery. Humans long discounted the existence of gnomes, often mistaking them for halfling children on the rare occasions when they spotted one

Noting the gnomes’ long beards, their love for gems, and their tendency to live underground, the halflings long maintained that gnomes were slender and dexterous dwarves. The dwarves, for their part, fixed their attention on the gnomes’ pointed ears and concluded they were pygmy elves. The elves, as might be expected, have long known more.

Gyldemar Forest, SW. Lead scout halted on approach to a narrow, shallow stream. At the bank stood a creature of perhaps two and one half feet tall, clothed in a rough linen tunic

Alright, I demand these fat, big-boned, lead-boned little Elves in gnome suits be put on diets! NOW!

Acolyte Kurili

DaMaGe
11-28-2003, 10:59 AM
This is the description I got from a cave gnome.

This very short creature resembles, if anything, a misshapen dwarf. Whereas dwarves carry themselves upright, the cave gnome scampers about in a hunched over fashion, peering malignantly up at intruders through bulging purple eyes set on a head seemingly a few sizes too big for the associated body. Do not mistake their size as a limitation, though. The cave gnome regularly bounces high enough in combat to strike giantmen square in the head.

-Adam

Zir
11-28-2003, 01:52 PM
I thought gnomes were 6 inches tall like the smurfs...heh. Or if you've ever read Terry Pratchett, that's how a gnome should be.

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Zir
I thought gnomes were 6 inches tall like the smurfs...heh. Or if you've ever read Terry Pratchett, that's how a gnome should be.

Smurfs are NOT six inches high..they are three apples high. ;)

-Adredrin

And they ain't blue! They are green, adjust your fuckin TV!

[Edited on 11-28-2003 by LordAdredrin]

Zir
11-28-2003, 02:17 PM
I'm suprised I haven't seen: Papasmurf just arrived.

Rastaman
11-28-2003, 02:19 PM
He's not fat, its glandular.

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
LOL @ Adredrin.

I can tell you in no uncertain terms, Smurfs are indeed blue. I was quite the avid collector as a child. Everthing from piggy bank to sneakers! :P

NO NO NO!!

Watch Cartoon network! They have a commical on there where a smurf comes out and bitches everyone out! He clearly states "We are not blue! We are green! Adjust the color on your TV ass!"

-Adredrin

Kurili
11-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Smurfs are blue.

The new Smurfs are lying it seems.

Acolyte Kurili

Trinitis
11-28-2003, 07:39 PM
No no, A smurf said they are Green. Who ya gonna beleive? Some wacked out sales reps, or a true good old smurf?

-Adredrin

Betheny
11-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by The Edine
I have a problem seeing the Aeloteti(sp) weighing more than I do

call them Altoids, everyone does.