PDA

View Full Version : Strahan's prenup

Jessaril
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
A Very Bad PreNup: Strahan ordered to pay ex-wife $15 million
New York Giants star Michael Strahan was ordered to pay his ex-wife $15.3 million -- more than half his net worth -- in keeping with the couple's prenuptial agreement.

Under the agreement, Jean Strahan was entitled to 50 percent of their joint marital assets and 20 percent of his yearly income from each year they were married.

"She's grateful to the court," Jean Strahan's lawyer, Ellen Marshall, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "She looks forward to her future, raising their children and moving forward." A call to Michael Strahan's attorney, Robert Penza, and his agent, Tony Agnone, were not immediately returned.

The NFL star had contended he wasn't responsible for the 20 percent because his wife failed to ask for it every year. But state Superior Court Judge James Convery disagreed, ruling "the plaintiff is not credible in his claim that the defendant never asked for her separate funds." In addition to the $15.3 million, Convery awarded Jean Strahan hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support. The couple married in 1999.

"It pays to tell the truth, and I told the truth," Jean Strahan said in Saturday's New York Post. "I never asked for a penny more than the prenup that Michael and his lawyers wrote and made me sign. And all I ever asked for was that to be upheld."

From Yahoo Sports.

Sean
08-03-2007, 03:41 PM
I live in the same town as Jean Strahan does now and it was a huge buzz here when they got into it. Almost all of the women in town were like fuck you Michael Strahan before any facts even got out.

Jessaril
08-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Whoops, didn't realize how old that was, just stumbled on it. Damn though, how stupid do you have to be to sign that prenup.

Jorddyn
08-03-2007, 03:48 PM
A Very Bad PreNup: Strahan ordered to pay ex-wife $15 million
New York Giants star Michael Strahan was ordered to pay his ex-wife $15.3 million -- more than half his net worth -- in keeping with the couple's prenuptial agreement.

Under the agreement, Jean Strahan was entitled to 50 percent of their joint marital assets and 20 percent of his yearly income from each year they were married.

Next lawsuit: Him versus the lawyer who drafted the prenup.

I can't see who would have thought this to be reasonable. Percentage of assets at the end? Sure. Large percentage plus substantial percentage of income? Ouch. Someone explain the logic to me.

Jorddyn

DeV
08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Whoops, didn't realize how old that was, just stumbled on it. Damn though, how stupid do you have to be to sign that prenup.
Smart to sign it, in her case, stupid to actually come up with and make her sign, in the case of his lawyers.

Jessaril
08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Next lawsuit: Him versus the lawyer who drafted the prenup.

I can't see who would have thought this to be reasonable. Percentage of assets at the end? Sure. Large percentage plus substantial percentage of income? Ouch. Someone explain the logic to me.

Jorddyn

There is no logic, there was obviosuly something else going on behind the scenes since 50% is the standard without a prenup. It obviously goes up and down depending on the situation, but why lock yourself in when you can get that from the start without.

Umpyr
08-03-2007, 04:33 PM
"She's grateful to the court," Jean Strahan's lawyer, Ellen Marshall, told The Associated Press on Saturday.

YA THINK!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!