PDA

View Full Version : Agent 0 plagerises a comedian on his blog.

Skeeter
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Gilbert Arenas NBA mini-star keeps a blog. He decided to completely rip off some barely known comedian's bit and call it his own.

I think he's just as bad as Michael Vick. I also clearly hate him because he's black.

Here's Gilbert's blog.

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

There Are No Such Thing as Shark Attacks
I know this is random, but I just want to clear this up for people out there.

There are these things called shark attacks, but there is no such thing as a shark attack. I have never seen a real shark attack.

I know you’re making a weird face as you’re reading this. OK people, a shark attack is not what we see on TV and what people portray it as.

We’re humans. We live on land.

Sharks live in water.

So if you’re swimming in the water and a shark bites you, that’s called trespassing. That is called trespassing. That is not a shark attack.

A shark attack is if you’re chilling at home, sitting on your couch, and a shark comes in and bites you; now that’s a shark attack. Now, if you’re chilling in the water, that is called invasion of space. So I have never heard of a shark attack.

When I see on the news where it’s like, “There have been 10 shark attacks,” I’m like, “Hey, for real?! They’re just running around? Sharks are walking now, huh! We live on the land, we don’t live underwater.”

Here's Ian Edward's original bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzt4ycP6iMw

Methais
08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm gonna start biting Mexicans.

Numbers
08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
It's not even a funny joke.

I guess the humor is in the presentation?

Skeeter
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
yeah if you watch the bit on Youtube the actual comedian is funny (the link at the bottom)

Skeeter
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Gilbert's response

Hear Me Out
Yeah, you’ve all been talking about it. I used someone else’s joke. What’s the big deal? I thought it was funny, I blogged it, you all laughed.

Mission accomplished.

Listen, nobody even heard of Ian Edwards before me. He’s no Chris Rock. I helped him become famous. Now everybody is going to YouTube and looking him up.

The joke was worth about $7 when I heard it, now that I’ve used it’s probably worth a little bit more. I’ll sell it back to him for $7.78. Seventy-eight cents, Ian, you can put that in a royalties check made out to me.

Puffy and Ashanti made careers out of stealing other people’s beats. This is America, the land of the reused.

If you think about it, nothing is original. Every joke has been retold at some point. What I did was recycle a new joke instead of waiting for it to get old. It was too funny not to. I mean, at least I picked a good joke, right? It’s not like it was some lame, “Yo momma” joke.

Let’s not forget, “Hibachi” was stolen too. Brendan Haywood used to say it before me. But I recognize good stuff and make it popular. Now “Hibachi” is patented by Agent Zero, son.

I’m not a thief, I just reused it.

Know who is a thief? The guy that is trying to sell the domain name of GilbertArenas.com to me. It’s my name! I have to buy it back from him. Now that’s stealing, borrowing, whatever you want to call it.

I mean they were even talking about it on PTI. Patrick McEnroe was saying I should quit making jokes about sharks and worry about rehabbing. Patrick, you’re right, I should be focusing on my knee. I guess taking 15 minutes to tell a joke doesn’t leave 23 hours and 45 minutes the rest of the day to be working on my knee. Rome was killing me too, but Rome’s my boy so I can’t say anything bad about him.

Patty Mac, shouldn’t you be “focusing” on talking about real sports that are going on? I didn’t realize that telling jokes can get me on PTI. I should do it more often.

Did you hear the one about the monkey and the dog …

I would finish the joke, but I already spent too much time on this post and need to get back to the gym according to McEnroe.

Before I do though, I’m going to go play with my new pet. It’s called a “liger.” It’s a cross between a tiger and a lion. I made it up. Man, I’m so original.

(Yes, I stole that from Napoleon Dynamite. Rent it. It’s funny.)

Oh yeah, Bow Wow gave me a shout out on my jeans, Fly Jeans, in his new song with B-5 so I just wanted to give him a shout out too.

Moist Happenings
08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Props for the Napoleon Dynamite reference, but minus 1000 points for using the argument that "The guy whose joke it was originally is a nobody and I'm helping make him somebody".

Other than that I agree moderately with what he's saying. If he told the joke at a bar, nobody could say a damn thing. The only reason he's getting shit is because the paper pushers want some more money.

I can understand if he published a book of jokes and passed it off as his own. They'd have an argument then. But come on, he's not making money off of this. He just thought it was funny.

I tell jokes, too. I didn't make all of them up myself.

Gan
08-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm gonna start biting Mexicans.

LOL
winner

Bobmuhthol
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
<<Props for the Napoleon Dynamite reference,>>

Too bad he referenced a movie as the origin of the liger, which it ain't. :(

Moist Happenings
08-08-2007, 04:11 PM

Well yeah I mean everybody knows I made it up though, so I wasn't too worried about it.

Skeeter
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM

knowledge like this is going to negatively influence your chances of getting laid. Remember to distance your self from the rp groups once you get into college. The kids playing magic in the food court are NOT the group to be seen with.

Harli
08-08-2007, 06:36 PM
The Ian guy wrote for SNL and i belive he currently writes for the Boondocks (adult swim).

Keller
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM
knowledge like this is going to negatively influence your chances of getting laid. Remember to distance your self from the rp groups once you get into college. The kids playing magic in the food court are NOT the group to be seen with.

qft -- try to be normal in college.

Moist Happenings
08-10-2007, 08:32 AM

Erroneous.

While being with that particular group in college does hinder your chances at scoring sorority girls, it does not hinder your overall ability to be laid in college.

EVERYBODY, repeat, EVERYBODY gets laid in college. College is one big $30,000/year orgy. Even the kids playing magic in the food court know how to acquire a six pack or a bag of weed, and either one of those tools is a sure thing to sex in a dorm.

My advice: Be yourself. Yourself will rock a lot more than it did in High School.

Nieninque
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
My advice: Be yourself.

Unless you are a complete cunt. Then try and be someone else.

Stanley Burrell
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Before I do though, I’m going to go play with my new pet. It’s called a “liger.” It’s a cross between a tiger and a lion. I made it up. Man, I’m so original.

:lolwave:

Clove
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Gilbert Arenas NBA mini-star keeps a blog. He decided to completely rip off some barely known comedian's bit and call it his own.

That would be Carlos Mencia, he did that bit on Conan IIRC. Not really "little known" unless Carl stole it too.

Skeeter
08-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Mencia rips off everyone. I'll assume your statement was a joke and say brilliant reference.

Skeeter
08-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Erroneous.

While being with that particular group in college does hinder your chances at scoring sorority girls, it does not hinder your overall ability to be laid in college.

EVERYBODY, repeat, EVERYBODY gets laid in college. College is one big $30,000/year orgy. Even the kids playing magic in the food court know how to acquire a six pack or a bag of weed, and either one of those tools is a sure thing to sex in a dorm.

My advice: Be yourself. Yourself will rock a lot more than it did in High School.

I've seen the girls that hang out with the guys playing magic in the food court. You may as well call that masterbation because there's no way you would think about those chicks while you're laying the pipe.

Unless of course this is your idea of hotness.

http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-fat-mcdonalds-chicks-09U.jpg

Tsa`ah
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Listen, nobody even heard of Ian Edwards before me. He’s no Chris Rock. I helped him become famous. Now everybody is going to YouTube and looking him up.

I had to laugh at the absurdity of this statement simply because I've seen Edwards on Comedy Central. I don't follow the NBA anymore, and haven't in some years ... so I had no fucking clue who Arenas was. At first I thought he was some asshat commentator.

Clove
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I had to laugh at the absurdity of this statement simply because I've seen Edwards on Comedy Central. I don't follow the NBA anymore, and haven't in some years ... so I had no fucking clue who Arenas was. At first I thought he was some asshat commentator.

It is absurd. As famous as Chris Rock? No. An upcoming comedian that's already achieved his own fame. Yes. He's appeared in Def Comedy Jam twice, written for SNL, been on Comedy Central and HBO's Bad Boys of Comedy appeared on Conan etc. He's not a no-name comedian that Arenas "made famous".