PDA

View Full Version : Solid Snake = Kyle Reese?

Methais
08-01-2007, 12:25 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/1185853185153.jpg

DeV
08-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Yep, right down to the hip gear. Terminator came first though.

Celephais
08-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Terminator came first though.

I'm pretty sure that's what the image was getting at... Hence SS = Reese not Reese = SS

Asha
08-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Concept and fantasy artists do this all the time. They find a picture they prey is obscure enough that no one will check and find out the version for their project is a rip-off.
It's a dirty, unprofessional trick. And tbh Inever seen it as obvious as it is here.
Clever.

TheSmooth1
08-01-2007, 02:37 PM
MGS is awesome, so it's okay.

Snake looks nothing like that anyway.

Big Boss is directly ripped off of Sean Connery, IIRC.

DeV
08-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what the image was getting at... Hence SS = Reese not Reese = SSI know Methais is aware. Obviously, he posted the fucking image.

Even so, I posted that for those who will make the connection and think the opposite anyway.

Thanks for your input though...

TheSmooth1
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
http://insolite.blog.playersrepublic.fr/images/medium_bigboss.3.jpg

Not quite as bad, but there's quite a resemblance.

DeV
08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
MGS is awesome.
Agreed

Celephais
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I know Methais is aware. Obviously, he posted the fucking image.

Even so, I posted that for those who will make the connection and think the opposite anyway.

Thanks for your input though...

Your use of the word "though" in the original implies you were contradicting something, not preventing future misconceptions.

We could go back and forth with this left and right, yeah my input was useless, so was yours (Yep, that's the NES box). I would hope most people would realize which was the ripoff but I could be wrong, eh... whatever it's clear now.

Sorry for any possible thread derailment... I love when people find these ripoff things or other random equates (Leiberman=Palpatine)

DeV
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Your use of the word "though" in the original implies you were contradicting something, not preventing future misconceptions. Sure, I could have worded it differently for the benefit of those who like you think I was contradicting something, but Methais didn't post anything for me to contradict to begin with so you should have narrowed it down to the latter of the two of your assumptions. What you thought I implied remains pure opinion, which you're definitely entitled to, but you were off base.

I would hope most people would realize which was the ripoff but I could be wrong, eh... whatever it's clear now.So would I, except I wouldn't have known had I not played MGS for years and made an immediate connection.

p.s. I never said your input was useless, but I try not to assume that I'm as knowledgeable as the next person about every thing posted here, or that the reverse is true for them. That's just me.

Celephais
08-01-2007, 03:12 PM
My bad.

TheSmooth1
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookalikes/pics/roy_campbell_metal_gear_-_solid_richard_crenna.jpg

Hideo Kojima is rapidly losing cool points.