PDA

View Full Version : Bard Simucon Announcements

Fallen
07-31-2007, 11:23 AM
I missed these posts when I first got caught back up on the boards. Too many damned posts...Anyway...

----
Mestys would like to do these two things, as his time allows.
Review of secondary magic skills, Mental Mana Control and Lores. Not really a change in TP costs, but ideas to make MMC more desirable.

Allow more magical properties to be determined by Loresinging.

Fallen
07-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I was at the semi table throwing questions out.

A few things that were missed in posting.

1)I asked that items with a history song be able to also have the items specs sung out.

Example some items with a long loresong story will not tell you the enchant or properties.

2)I asked for the loresinging experience to be looked into. Either by upping the amount and make it inline with healing or lockpicking (at the same time only allowing an item to be sung to once) or lowering the audience requirement.

These items may get looked into but I took them to be low on the list.

3) I asked for drums to be added as instruments. Some ideas were a drum held under the arm like one of the african drums, or a hand drum and possibly a kettle drum that he strapped over the shoulder.

4) I also asked for a instrument culture document. in line with the Erithian one. move away from traditional european instruments and let them fit better in with cultures of Elanthia. I am sure the traditional wedding instrument of a dwarf will be much different than that of an elf.

5) It was also mentioned to add instrument types to instrument classes that already exist.

woodwinds: add recorder, move crumhorns over here where they belong (if they have not been)
Horns: add the sackbut

You get the idea.

We also discussed 1050.

A charm spell was brought up again and was basically shot down. I could be wrong but thats the impression I got. As was stated before it will most likely be a utility spell.

I expressed my personal opinions of 1040 being very much under powered for the 1040 slot and to me a disappointment. I never use it.

Thats when we were told there would be a review of MMC.

BTW we are not getting the Mental circle of spells. Our spell lists will stay the same.

Landrai

Makkah
07-31-2007, 12:24 PM
eh, boring

Fallen
07-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Indeed. What spells are missing from the bards main circle besides 1050? They aren't done with the 40th circle spells, so you can't really expect much development there.

Danical
07-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm a little worried about the review of secondary magic skills, MMC, and lores.

I can't see charm being any different than animate. Although, it would be awesome to have a pet and throw Tonis on it. Still, pretty boring though.

Do animates benefit from Tonis currently?

Fallen
07-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Animates do not benefit from group spells, even when cast by the sorcerer, so no.

Fallen
07-31-2007, 01:17 PM
And you guys DO have pets. You have weaponry.

Danical
07-31-2007, 01:45 PM
1025 is like a really bad joke except it's one of our "defining professional features."

At any rate, you're right, it is a pet.