PDA

View Full Version : 9200 Premium Points for Cash

Starli
07-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I'm selling 8000 premium points for $500 (or 42 mil equiv.).

Here's your chance to pad your 10x armor.

You can use the points for whatever you wish. You can bid here or send me a private message. Thanks.

If there is a reputable middle man you'd like to use, let me know! :)

Celephais
07-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow uh.. careful whoever buys this. Sorry Starli, but this is all I'm seeing:
http://montysbluff.com/redflag.jpg

Starli
07-31-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure why this brings up a red flag for you.

I'm looking to get rid of these points before I cancel my account for good. I'm not selling this account because I have many characters on it and would like to keep it for sentimental value.

Khait is selling 7000 points for 40 mil, and that's $520 at the rate of $13 per mil. You get 2200 more points with me for $30 more.

If you have a suggestion on how I can make this deal more trustworthy for the buyer, by all means, let me know. This is the first time I've sold premium points. Otherwise please don't try and sabotage my auction. Thanks. :)

Celephais
07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm sure plenty of people would see this as a red flag sale, I just happened to say it outloud. Yes it's going to be a bit tough to re-assure people but in all honesty I would rather be a "jerk" and make your sale a little difficult than do nothing and see someone get hosed on these forums.

What you're up against:
You're a first time poster
You didn't state your character name, or reason for selling
You're looking for cash
You want the sale to be quick
You're selling something you can't "show" someone, easily faked
You require someone to give you something incredibly valuable in order to perform the service
Simu will not assist someone in a bad deal for sold premium points

I wouldn't be happier if I was proved wrong (or I was proved right and you ripped off someone I dispise.. that would work too), but it's very difficult for you to reassure someone in the possition you're in. I might have sullied your sale a little, but odds are most interested buyers here would be wary anyway so addressing this sooner helps you get your sale moving along.

Constructive advice... yeah I've got none... best I could say is deal with a really good/well trusted intermediary and expect to pay a fee. Like see if GSAuctions will do the transaction (offer to let them log into your account, perform the service, and return the item for the money)

Sean of the Thread
07-31-2007, 09:21 AM
I doubt Gsauctions would even want the liability involved.

I think someone holding escrow would be the best route.

Starli
07-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh well, it looks like it either comes down to trusting and getting a really good deal on premium points or not. There's nothing else I can do to reassure my good faith other than saying that I can offer them something expensive to hold if they want, and the screenshot below.

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pppj0.jpg

Sorry just realized I only have 8000 points. I've modified my original post.

Celephais
07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
That's funny... I happen to be selling 80,000 premium points... for only $100, but I'm in a rush so just paypal me the money, and give me all the items you want serviced today, no time to think about it, great deal, better hurry. ... My subscription hasn't been continuous, but I've been playing since the late 1930's.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/More.jpg

Screenshots of GS really have no value... sorry. Escrow is about the only thing that could reassure someone. The fact that it's a "good deal" might actually even be hurting you in the trust area (but I fully understand you're looking to move fast).

Just looking out for the consumer, sorry it has to be at your expense Starli.

Mistomeer
08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Too bad some douchebag had to die and ruin your otherwise perfect screen shot.

Ilvane
08-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Okay guys, we get your point on the consumer, but I think our buyers here are pretty savvy when it comes to who they trust and who they don't when they are buying.

Just let her sell her points, or not.

Angela

Sean of the Thread
08-01-2007, 08:55 AM
YAY 4 ILVANE!

Sypher
08-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Just some advice for selling your premie points. If you're new and need to build street cred, just get someone like Ardwen to make the exchange send money to third party paypal and let him hold onto scroll etc.

Starli
08-01-2007, 10:22 AM
If Ardwen wants to do it, sure. Buyer can contact Ardwen and set it up with him.

By the way, some answers to questions that people are asking.

I'm not selling my account and can't transfer it to the buyer because I'd have to transfer off 3 characters onto another account. Unless you're willing to pay for the whole sheezam, sorry it's not an option. ($45 character transfers + $21 a month for the account)

I decided to keep my account for another month. The time limit was due to the fact that I didn't really want to be charged $40 for another month, which is coming up in about a week.

I'm willing to take 42 million silver instead of $500 for 8000 premium points because if you buy it from me via silvers, I will be selling it at $12 a pop. (Prefer cash tho!)

I'll also be modifying my original post to reflect this. :)

Drunken Durfin
08-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I can understand why someone would not want to have the name of their character on the auction if they were selling the character. Why the anonymity for just selling premium points? When did selling premium points become scandalous?

LordBacl
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
When did selling premium points become scandalous?

It's not.

crb
08-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Could just use escrow.com. There is a fee involved but both parties are protected.

GS4-Brimzstone
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
man just keep it simple...
the buyer hands Starli the armor that needs to be padded I assume thats what one would buy this many points for... She pads them once that is confirmed send payment and then she hands you back the armor like any other transaction

Ardwen
08-03-2007, 06:12 PM
there is one reason for anonymity in sales....

staff members can not sell for cash, though they in fact often do.

and why is it always Ardwen, starting to think alla the other merchant folks are hacks.